PDA

View Full Version : Mangino NOT to Minnesota (not a copycat!)

badger
9/24/2010, 11:00 AM
He is not the football coach... yet... and apparently isn't even consulting with football.

Link (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2010/09/minnesota-clarifies-mark-mangino-is-not-a-consultant-for-football-team/1)

He was apparently just on the sideline as a friend of the Minny coach during the USC loss at home... maybe that's why they didn't totally get blown out right away and actually put up a fight? :)

madillsoonerfan5353
9/24/2010, 11:02 AM
Minnesota is denying reports that former Mark Mangino has been hired as a consultant for the football team.

What is a former Mark Mangino? :D

madillsoonerfan5353
9/24/2010, 11:04 AM
Minnesota is denying reports that former Mark Mangino has been hired as a consultant for the football team.

What's a former Mark Mangino? LOL! :D

badger
9/24/2010, 11:04 AM
What is a former Mark Mangino? :D

What Mangino will be when he goes all Drew Carey and comes back completely unrecognizable after losing tons of weight.

http://www.poozt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/DREW-CAREY-WEIGHT-LOSS.jpg

I mean... can you imagine if Mangino did the same thing? He might still be a big meanie, but he would be a lesser big... meanie... :D

madillsoonerfan5353
9/24/2010, 11:05 AM
Triple posts in one thread!

:gary:

sooner_born_1960
9/24/2010, 11:07 AM
I hope this hasn't already been asked, but what is a former Mark Mangino?

badger
9/24/2010, 11:08 AM
:gary:
A forecast for fail!

OUthunder
9/24/2010, 02:16 PM
Is Mangino still on the Krispie Kreme diet? I heard that the local KK in Lawrence went out of business soon after he go canned.

Crimsontothecore
9/24/2010, 06:38 PM
Is Mangino still on the Krispie Kreme diet? I heard that the local KK in Lawrence went out of business soon after he go canned.

If he were canned, he would eat himself.

BoomerSooner, esq.
9/24/2010, 09:54 PM
I got married in Florida a month ago and saw Mangino dining (I know, imagine that) at the five star restaurant in our resort. I asked him multiple times if he was going to be coaching any time soon, and he was pretty clear that he was happy with the settlement from Kansas and didnt have any intentions of coming back soon.

But that was a month ago, and I was delaying his feeding so take it for what it is worth

stoops the eternal pimp
9/24/2010, 09:56 PM
there is no way I would interrupt that dude's dinner

King Barry's Back
9/24/2010, 10:23 PM
I got married in Florida a month ago and saw Mangino dining (I know, imagine that) at the five star restaurant in our resort. I asked him multiple times if he was going to be coaching any time soon, and he was pretty clear that he was happy with the settlement from Kansas and didnt have any intentions of coming back soon.

But that was a month ago, and I was delaying his feeding so take it for what it is worth

Usually when a coach gets fired and paid off, they have to agree not to coach for so many years. I am assuming that Mangino is in this position, and that's why he's happy to take millions for doing nothing.

Of course, I'd just be happy to take the millions for doing nothing, too, so no disrespect intended.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/24/2010, 10:32 PM
heck ya..pay me not to work