View Full Version : Askins/Fallin

Pages : 1 [2]

olevetonahill
10/6/2010, 06:33 PM
ST. Why dont you do like I do, Ignore his ignorant azz and just Neg him when ya see some poor misguided fool has tried to turn him green.

Hes a lot like lid in the fact that he dont care what he says as long as hes getting attention saying it .If yer a Christian Pray fer the Fool . If yer Not then Laugh at his pathetic azz:D

StoopTroup
10/6/2010, 06:40 PM
ST. Why dont you do like I do, Ignore his ignorant azz and just Neg him when ya see some poor misguided fool has tried to turn him green.

Hes a lot like lid in the fact that he dont care what he says as long as hes getting attention saying it .If yer a Christian Pray fer the Fool . If yer Not then Laugh at his pathetic azz:D

Vet....that's the thing. You know I post alot. That being said....I usually only chime in anymore when he really goes out on the limb. This time he's out standing in a field alone IMO. It's kind of sad. When it gets like that I feel the need to reach out instead of blast him. It could just be a sick twisted cry for help and I think ignoring him completely will end up with me missing the carnage when the Wolf starts to rip every tendon and muscle from his limbs.

:D

olevetonahill
10/6/2010, 06:48 PM
Vet....that's the thing. You know I post alot. That being said....I usually only chime in anymore when he really goes out on the limb. This time he's out standing in a field alone IMO. It's kind of sad. When it gets like that I feel the need to reach out instead of blast him. It could just be a sick twisted cry for help and I think ignoring him completely will end up with me missing the carnage when the Wolf starts to rip every tendon and muscle from his limbs.

Hell Bro , Ill just wait till i see the Buzzards circling :cool:

Leroy Lizard
10/6/2010, 06:53 PM
Vet....that's the thing. You know I post alot. That being said....I usually only chime in anymore when he really goes out on the limb. This time he's out standing in a field alone IMO. It's kind of sad.

LOL!

StoopTroup
10/6/2010, 06:55 PM
SAY ANYTHING!

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/show-patrol/assets_c/2010/03/sayanything2-thumb-299x398-105435.jpg

StoopTroup
10/6/2010, 06:56 PM
Parachute pants make me laugh too.

soonerscuba
10/6/2010, 07:00 PM
Guys, guys, guys, this is no way to treat a former/current professor at OU, who is obviously very smart. Who among us should be so anti-intellectual as to actually doubt the claims of a man so completely enveloped in such astute commentary ranging from politics to football? What's more, he delivers a Hitchensian dose of social and religious commentary (granted, a foil of Hitchens in regards to religion), oh, how we must delight in the contrarian views expressed as they are as unexpected as thoughtfully mapped out. Shame on all of for having the very tenacity to suggest that Leroy isn't a man of PhD level reasoning and position within society, shame! Shame! SHAME!

olevetonahill
10/6/2010, 07:06 PM
So you think hes a Doofus to ?

StoopTroup
10/6/2010, 07:07 PM
phd=post hole digger

Leroy Lizard
10/6/2010, 07:10 PM
Guys, guys, guys, this is no way to treat a former/current professor at OU, who is obviously very smart. Who among us should be so anti-intellectual as to actually doubt the claims of a man so completely enveloped in such astute commentary ranging from politics to football? What's more, he delivers a Hitchensian dose of social and religious commentary (granted, a foil of Hitchens in regards to religion), oh, how we must delight in the contrarian views expressed as they are as unexpected as thoughtfully mapped out. Shame on all of for having the very tenacity to suggest that Leroy isn't a man of PhD level reasoning and position within society, shame! Shame! SHAME!

BTW, do you always talk like that? Or only at the espresso shop?

StoopTroup
10/6/2010, 07:14 PM
http://www.starlight-tower.com/images/starlight_tower/The_Thinker_Gates_of_Hell_Auguste_Rodin_detail-1.jpg

badger
10/7/2010, 12:35 PM
More on Mary and Jari here:

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=262&articleid=20101007_16_A1_CUTLIN198742)

http://www.tulsaworld.com/articleimages/2010/20101007_MaryJari1007p1.jpg
Jari and Mary giggling at the fact that everyone in Oklahoma is forced to vote for their first female governor whether they like it or not, tee hee!

Boarder
10/7/2010, 12:56 PM
I'm 7 agree, 4 disagree with Askins.
I'm 5 agree, 4 disagree with Fallin, with 2 undecided. How can a Governor candidate be undecided on a state question at this point, with a month until elections? That's very telling to me. I suppose her handlers can't agree what the most politically correct position to maximize votes would be.

badger
10/7/2010, 01:38 PM
Check that! [/bobbarry]

Fallin today just said that she plans to vote for the state question banning Sharia Law.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=262&articleid=20101007_262_0_hrimgs535943)

As it is more clear where the candidates stand, it should be more clear who to vote for... I'm still holding out for the debates though

Tulsa_Fireman
10/7/2010, 01:43 PM
I'm going to vote for the candidate that votes for the banning of space men abducting us for anal probes.

Boarder
10/7/2010, 02:12 PM
5-5-1 with Fallin, then.

OklahomaTuba
10/7/2010, 02:55 PM
This is more telling from the article:

Business climate was a recurring theme for Fallin.

For Askins, less so.

"The one statistic I would hope goes down is unemployment. I don't know that I, as governor, would be responsible for that.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=262&articleid=20101007_16_A1_CUTLIN198742

HOPE has worked out so well in the last two years!!! Lets have some more!!!

Soonerus
10/7/2010, 03:28 PM

The article was very unflattering for Fallin, you should read the entire article and not just dispense "sound bites" like Fallin...birds of a feather...

badger
10/7/2010, 03:49 PM
That pic makes it look like they should be singing a duet acapella or something... I might need to test my GIF skillz later tonite if the Nebbish/Kitty State game is borink

Pricetag
10/7/2010, 03:59 PM

I love how you left out the part where she urged small business to combat the unemployment problem. Guess they can't do that without help from the government, huh? Wait, isn't that what Dear Leader did on a national level? Why didn't you just quote the word "hope," and leave it at that?

Tulsa_Fireman
10/7/2010, 04:28 PM
I love how you left out the part where she urged small business to combat the unemployment problem. Guess they can't do that without help from the government, huh? Wait, isn't that what Dear Leader did on a national level? Why didn't you just quote the word "hope," and leave it at that?

Becaaaaaause...

Ladies and gentlemen, drumroll PLEASE!

He's a SCHILL!

Boarder
10/7/2010, 05:05 PM
In case you were undecided: http://okiepundit.com/?p=3169

U.S. Senator Jim Inhofe has endorsed Mary Fallin in her race for Oklahoma governor.

Soonerus
10/7/2010, 05:43 PM
Fallin Embarrasses Oklahoma Again
Mary Fallin has embarrassed her constituents yet again by being featured as Keith Olbermann’s Worst Person in the World last night. This is the third time since May the Congresswoman has garnered negative national media attention. This time, she was given the title in response to her refusing to speak at a nonpartisan event until several Democrats were removed from the audience.

Her ability to bring negative attention to Oklahoma is only one of the many reasons Fallin is wrong to lead our state. From day one of this campaign, Fallin has been focused entirely on Washington D.C. issues and Washington D.C. politics. Some of her biggest supporters have been the D.C. interests, which have poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into advertisements that attempt to falsely smear her opponent, Lt. Governor Jari Askins.

The Washington-based Republican Governor’s Association has been running numerous misleading attack ads against Jari Askins. These ads seem to be counterproductive for Fallin’s campaign. According to News on 6, the ads misrepresent Askins’ record. Conservative commentators have expressed concern of a possible backlash as well, saying Oklahomans are not receptive to negative political advertising, and these attacks ignore that trend.

tommieharris91
10/7/2010, 05:50 PM
Why are the Republicans wasting their money here? The race is over.

Leroy Lizard
10/7/2010, 07:08 PM
According to News on 6, the ads misrepresent Askins’ record.

Nice unbiased news agencies you have in OK. :D

BTW, Olbermann is hard Leftist and a huge Obama supporter. Having someone like him call Mary Fallin out is probably not going to hurt her all that much. If I was her, I would lean on that criticism in my political ads. "If Keith hates me, you know I'll fight Obama."

CatfishSooner
10/7/2010, 08:57 PM
Mary Fallin Sux (literally)...

JohnnyMack
10/8/2010, 10:48 AM
http://elections.nytimes.com/2010/forecasts/governor/oklahoma

soonerscuba
10/8/2010, 11:20 AM
http://elections.nytimes.com/2010/forecasts/governor/oklahomaSo you're saying there's a chance?

JohnnyMack
10/8/2010, 11:23 AM
So you're saying there's a chance?

Heh. Again, I don't care which one of these turds wins, I just know that fivethirtyeight.com has been very accurate.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/8/2010, 12:57 PM
NO YUR A TURD

StoopTroup
10/8/2010, 01:38 PM
I'm voting for whoever hits the scales over 200 lbs.

sooner_born_1960
10/8/2010, 01:39 PM
I'm going with bench press divided by 40 time.

badger
10/12/2010, 12:07 PM
Is this thread still going? Mkay, here's a little word on the polls:

Link (http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=13305969)

A Tulsa TV station is reporting that the Dems are disputing the poll results that say that Askins is double-digits behind Fallin. I am not sure if this is a legit complait or just worries that Askins supporters won't show up to vote if they think there's no way she'll win. Saw a little bit of that with George W. early-on when results were getting disputed on the night of the 2000 election.

Leroy Lizard
10/12/2010, 02:49 PM
Since the thread is still going, let me comment on those that are going to vote for Askins because she's a Sooner.

So was John Blake.

And crazily enough, both were endorsed by Switzer. Hmmm....

Tulsa_Fireman
10/12/2010, 03:51 PM
And by that logic, because the Selmon Brothers are ALSO Sooners, they suck hickeys on donkey dong.

You're retarded.

Leroy Lizard
10/12/2010, 05:04 PM
And by that logic, because the Selmon Brothers are ALSO Sooners, they suck hickeys on donkey dong.

Ahhh, someone who would still rather have John Blake coaching. (He's a Sooner, after all. Stoops isn't.)

If the Selmons are running for political office, I'm probably not voting for them.

Boarder
10/12/2010, 07:12 PM
You're assuming that one would only vote for Askins because she's a Sooner and endorsed by Switzer. In this case, you'd have a case of fail (Blake) and a case of win (Henry). Since Switzer also endorses Greg Dixon for judge, I call that one a win, too. So, by a cursory look, Switzer is right more than wrong. Therefore, although choosing her as a Sooner endorsed by Switzer is not a sufficient reason to vote for her by itself, it is certainly not a reason to not vote for her. Nice attempt at a straw man, though.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/12/2010, 09:29 PM
All I got out of it was that Leroy hates Switzer and the Selmons.

Can we beat him up now?

Leroy Lizard
10/12/2010, 09:32 PM
You're assuming that one would only vote for Askins because she's a Sooner and endorsed by Switzer.

That's the argument presented in here by some, yes.

In this case, you'd have a case of fail (Blake) and a case of win (Henry). Since Switzer also endorses Greg Dixon for judge, I call that one a win, too. So, by a cursory look, Switzer is right more than wrong. Therefore, although choosing her as a Sooner endorsed by Switzer is not a sufficient reason to vote for her by itself, it is certainly not a reason to not vote for her. Nice attempt at a straw man, though.

Sorry, but John Blake counts for more than one "fail." He nearly tore the OU program down and he is close to doing even more harm for UNC. And it now looks like he is going to be in trouble with the law and the NCAA.

Not only was John Blake a bad endorsement, but a ridiculous one. He had very little going for him other than the fact that he played for Switzer at OU.

And has Brad Henry really been any great shakes as governor? (I don't know, since I don't live in OK.)

Switzer was perhaps the greatest head coach in NCAA history. But I wouldn't pay any attention to his political endorsements.

C&CDean
10/12/2010, 09:36 PM
You're assuming that one would only vote for Askins because she's a Sooner and endorsed by Switzer. In this case, you'd have a case of fail (Blake) and a case of win (Henry). Since Switzer also endorses Greg Dixon for judge, I call that one a win, too. So, by a cursory look, Switzer is right more than wrong. Therefore, although choosing her as a Sooner endorsed by Switzer is not a sufficient reason to vote for her by itself, it is certainly not a reason to not vote for her. Nice attempt at a straw man, though.

I know you didn't just say "win" and "Henry" in the same sentence. Please say you didn't.

If you'd have said "meh" and "Henry" or "shrug" and "Henry" or "whatever" and "Henry" I'd buy what you're selling. In order to "win" you've gotta do something. Anything. I mean besides hide in a bathroom or closet for the past several years and not **** anything up. I mean it's easy to be good when you're invisible. Henry couldn't carry Keating's wife's panties.

GKeeper316
10/12/2010, 11:33 PM
ok so mary falin has refused to do an interview with andrew speno at fox 25. they weren't "comfortable" doing an interview with him, since he actually asks hard questions (see his interview with steve largent) and often tries to put his political interviewees in some sort of pressure situation to see how they react.

in his interview with jari askins tonight, she actually spelled out how she wants to go about doing things.

mary's just bankin on the "we love guns n god" crowd, and unfortunately, the guns n god crowd outnumber the thinkers in this state.

today's polls have askins down by 15 points, which is what she was down to edmondson going into the primary...

Leroy Lizard
10/13/2010, 12:15 AM
ok so mary falin has refused to do an interview with andrew speno at fox 25. they weren't "comfortable" doing an interview with him, since he actually asks hard questions (see his interview with steve largent) and often tries to put his political interviewees in some sort of pressure situation to see how they react.

Why throw the ball if you are in the lead and it's late in the game?

GKeeper316
10/13/2010, 12:17 AM
Why throw the ball if you are in the lead and it's late in the game?

yup. but bobby stem made a good point... if she won't even talk to speno, what will she do when the pressure's really on?

Leroy Lizard
10/13/2010, 12:20 AM
yup. but bobby stem made a good point... if she won't even talk to speno, what will she do when the pressure's really on?

She's not exactly a noobie when it comes to political office.

Besides, how many politicians have totally fouled up a campaign in the final weeks. (Facepalm!) She should be credited for making a wise political decision, if that was her intent and she wins. It's all part of the strategy.

GKeeper316
10/13/2010, 12:28 AM
She's not exactly a noobie when it comes to political office.

doing what other people tell you to do will get you by as lt gov or rep.

i just dont trust her to lead the state.

Fraggle145
10/13/2010, 12:42 AM
I know you didn't just say "win" and "Henry" in the same sentence. Please say you didn't.

If you'd have said "meh" and "Henry" or "shrug" and "Henry" or "whatever" and "Henry" I'd buy what you're selling. In order to "win" you've gotta do something. Anything. I mean besides hide in a bathroom or closet for the past several years and not **** anything up. I mean it's easy to be good when you're invisible. Henry couldn't carry Keating's wife's panties.

I think not ****ing things up is a pretty good thing. Especially with the track record of all politicians lately.

Worked out well for Hybl and ENA.

Leroy Lizard
10/13/2010, 01:57 AM
doing what other people tell you to do will get you by as lt gov or rep.

What does that have to do with her refusing to be interviewed? Besides, what major initiatives did Brad Henry ever initiate?

King Barry's Back
10/13/2010, 03:40 PM
Judges cannot raise taxes.

Oh yes they can. There was one very relevant case back about 1990. A judge in Kansas City ruled that the KC school system discriminated against minorities. The remedy he imposed was to build a huge, new, high-tech (well, high tech for 1990) magnet type school.

KC couldn't afford to pay for such a huge building project so the Judge's remedy went unfulfilled for a few years.

At that point, the Judge imposed increased taxes on the good citizens of KC to finance the school that he had ordered built.

The judges on teh Supreme Court back him up, so it's a real law now.

Leroy Lizard
10/13/2010, 03:52 PM
Oh yes they can. There was one very relevant case back about 1990. A judge in Kansas City ruled that the KC school system discriminated against minorities. The remedy he imposed was to build a huge, new, high-tech (well, high tech for 1990) magnet type school.

KC couldn't afford to pay for such a huge building project so the Judge's remedy went unfulfilled for a few years.

At that point, the Judge imposed increased taxes on the good citizens of KC to finance the school that he had ordered built.

The judges on teh Supreme Court back him up, so it's a real law now.

Didn't that turn into a real boondoggle? From what I recall, millions were poured in that school with little effect.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/13/2010, 04:41 PM
Henry couldn't carry Keating's wife's panties.

Keating couldn't carry Keating's wife's panties. Cathy is a jewel in the crown of Oklahoma and yet another shining example of Tulsa > OKC.

Frank Keating gave us a dome with a half naked indian on it that we didn't need in the first place. Whoop-tee-frickin'-doo.

bigfatjerk
10/13/2010, 04:44 PM
I want both to lose.

Xunil
10/13/2010, 05:10 PM
I'm voting for whoever hits the scales over 200 lbs.
me things you're going to need a bigger scale..

AlboSooner
10/13/2010, 05:22 PM
I'll vote whoever has the thickest country twang and whoever says the most anti-establishment cliches.

Johnny5
10/13/2010, 05:47 PM
I will vote based on looks... :eek:

TheHumanAlphabet
10/14/2010, 07:45 AM
I can't vote, but can any of them kill game like the babes running for COngress in North or South Dakota?

King Barry's Back
10/14/2010, 08:54 AM
Oo... good call!

And yeah, please don't assume that just because a chick is single that she is not interested in guys... and just because she is not interested in you does not mean she doesn't like guys, period. It's just that she does not like you, period.

Jari is more liberal than more Oklahoma Republicans, but she is much more conservative than most federal-level Democrats (like Obama) that voters have grown to hate over the past two years.

So, yeah... in the gubernatorial race, vote on the issues, don't vote on party affiliation or sexual orientation... gawww, can't believe I typed that out.

I usually agree with your posts badj, but I almost always vote based on party affiliation. I mean, if you are affiliated with one party, then really, voting on any other criterion doesn't make any sense. Even if one particular standard-bearer was sub-par, why would you vote to weaken to your own party?

Now, if you can't figure out which party you agree with most of the time, then vote for some other reason. But, honestly, the parties are so different, you should be able to figure something out.

The Profit
10/14/2010, 09:53 AM
Jeri Askins new ads with The King will begin airing next week. It will be interesting to see if he comes through again.

okie52
10/14/2010, 09:59 AM
I'll probably vote for Fallin just because she won't have to stand up and say Obama is good for Oklahoma. And, Askins has that thing about student loans for illegals.

Don't know if Barry can move Askins enough in the next two weeks to matter.
He didn't do any TV ads for Henry but he didn't need to. Still, I would never want to underestimate his impact on some Oklahoma voters.

The Profit
10/14/2010, 10:01 AM
I'll probably vote for Fallin just because she won't have to stand up and say Obama is good for Oklahoma. And, Askins has that thing about student loans for illegals.

Don't know if Barry can move Askins enough in the next two weeks to matter.
He didn't do any TV ads for Henry but he didn't need to. Still, I would never want to underestimate his impact on some Oklahoma voters.

Fallin will definitely get the Oklahoma Highway Patrol vote. They have always been in to her.

okie52
10/14/2010, 10:04 AM
Fallin will definitely get the Oklahoma Highway Patrol vote. They have always been in to her.

Yes they have.

It would be hard for Askins to say she doesn't believe in "pork" though.

The Profit
10/14/2010, 10:06 AM
Yes they have.

I can't argue with that. Maybe that is why I identify with her. We are both from southwest Oklahoma, and neither of us has passed up very many meals.

reflector
10/14/2010, 10:07 AM
I want both to lose.

I pretty much feel the same way.

soonercoop1
10/14/2010, 10:08 AM
Yes they have.

Difficult to vote for Fallin but Askins being a liberal and union supporter makes it a much easier choice....

Tulsa_Fireman
10/14/2010, 10:10 AM
DIRTY UNIONS R KILLING US OMG

Midtowner
10/14/2010, 04:15 PM
Difficult to vote for Fallin but Askins being a liberal and union supporter makes it a much easier choice....

[citation omitted]

Leroy Lizard
10/14/2010, 05:12 PM
I can't vote, but can any of them kill game like the babes running for COngress in North or South Dakota?

Askins.

Oh, you meant intentionally.

OklaPony
10/14/2010, 05:38 PM
mary's just bankin on the "we love guns n god" crowd, and unfortunately, the guns n god crowd outnumber the thinkers in this state.
Now here's an interesting point of view.

If by "thinkers" you're referring to those that align themselves with the current White House occupants and Congressional leadership, then I believe I'll take my chances with the guns -n- God crowd. It's looking more and more like I'm going to have to vote for Fallin whilst holding my nose.

I honestly think I would've voted for Edmondson this year had we won the Dem primary. There's a distinct possibility that he's smarter than our two current contenders combined.

Soonerus
10/14/2010, 05:58 PM
Most of the posters here are so ill-informed it is scary. This is an easy choice Askins is a great person, smart and a great Oklahoman while Fallin is from Missouri and is basically a flunky....wake up people...

OklahomaTuba
10/14/2010, 06:02 PM
I'm sure Gov. Fallin will mention what a great person Jeri Askins is when she is sworn in next year.

Soonerus
10/14/2010, 06:37 PM
I'm sure Gov. Fallin will mention what a great person Jeri Askins is when she is sworn in next year.

Out of staters come into Oklahoma buy TV ads and spread a bunch of lies about Jari and brain-dead people like you buy it...sad...

Leroy Lizard
10/14/2010, 06:44 PM
Most of the posters here are so ill-informed it is scary. This is an easy choice Askins is a great person, smart and a great Oklahoman while Fallin is from Missouri and is basically a flunky....wake up people...

Soonerus, you need to be a little more arrogant in your attempts to ridicule people into voting for Askins. It isn't quite arrogant enough.

Midtowner
10/14/2010, 06:45 PM
Now here's an interesting point of view.

If by "thinkers" you're referring to those that align themselves with the current White House occupants and Congressional leadership, then I believe I'll take my chances with the guns -n- God crowd. It's looking more and more like I'm going to have to vote for Fallin whilst holding my nose.

Please explain how it is you think the governor being in favor of certain federal policies makes a difference in the way the governor executes the duties of her office?

That's one thing I don't get about the Fallin campaign--it doesn't even run on Oklahoma issues. She's running against Obama. Does she even know what the governor does? Hint: if the feds can do it, then the state can't unless the feds have allowed the states to legislate in that particular area.

With Fallin, we're likely to see more tort reform (aka corporate civil immunity) and privatized (more expensive) worker's compensation insurance.

It'd be nice to have someone balance out the solidly Republican House and Senate to keep the wingnutiest stuff from becoming law.

Soonerus
10/14/2010, 06:50 PM
Soonerus, you need to be a little more arrogant in your attempts to ridicule people into voting for Askins. It isn't quite arrogant enough.

You my friend have not a clue...

reflector
10/14/2010, 06:53 PM
They are both bad choices.

Leroy Lizard
10/14/2010, 06:53 PM
You my friend have not a clue...

I see you're trying. But that doesn't quite do it either. Perhaps if you stated that those who oppose Askins "need educatin'." Try that one. (It's a real popular approach at left-wing universities.)

bigfatjerk
10/14/2010, 06:55 PM
Please explain how it is you think the governor being in favor of certain federal policies makes a difference in the way the governor executes the duties of her office?

That's one thing I don't get about the Fallin campaign--it doesn't even run on Oklahoma issues. She's running against Obama. Does she even know whatthe governor does? Hint: if the feds can do it, then the state can't unless the feds have allowed the states to legislate in that particular area.

With Fallin, we're likely to see more tort reform (aka corporate civil immunity) and privatized (more expensive) worker's compensation insurance.

It'd be nice to have someone balance out the solidly Republican House and Senate to keep the wingnutiest stuff from becoming law.

They are both bad choices.

Those 2 pretty much sum it up.

Leroy Lizard
10/14/2010, 06:57 PM
That's one thing I don't get about the Fallin campaign--it doesn't even run on Oklahoma issues. She's running against Obama.

By running against Obama, she establishes herself as a true conservative, which means she will likely support those statewide initiatives that are largely supported by the conservative population.

In other words, she is trying to establish trust among the voters in Oklahoma that she will deliver on her ideology.

On the flip side, her opponent is less likely to be trusted by the population, a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Is it an effective strategy on Fallin's part? We'll see in November.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/14/2010, 07:06 PM
Askins is a freakin' Democrat. In '10, she's not even wise enough to change parties. What kind of fool votes for Democrats after the last 4 years of Democrat control?

Soonerus
10/14/2010, 07:10 PM
By running against Obama, she establishes herself as a true conservative, which means she will likely support those statewide initiatives that are largely supported by the conservative population.

In other words, she is trying to establish trust among the voters in Oklahoma that she will deliver on her ideology.

On the flip side, her opponent is less likely to be trusted by the population, a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Is it an effective strategy on Fallin's part? We'll see in November.

Freaking ironic, the opposite is true...

Midtowner
10/14/2010, 07:44 PM

Running against Obama, she establishes that her handlers aren't retarded. Polling and such make this a derp-a-derp strategy for Republican candidates.

Like she did with such heady concepts a "faith, family and freedom"?

This is likely why? What has Askins herself done to merit that sort of belief?

Leroy Lizard
10/14/2010, 09:13 PM
This is likely why? What has Askins herself done to merit that sort of belief?

If Askins has truly convinced the Oklahoma population that she is the true conservative, then she will likely win in November. We'll see.

(And no, I don't consider the election over.)

Fraggle145
10/15/2010, 01:07 AM
By running against Obama, she establishes herself as a true conservative.

This is some of the dumbest **** you have ever said Leroy.

McCain ran against Obama was he a "true" conservative? :rolleyes:

Running against Obama just proves that you can hit the 'on' button on the tv remote. It doesnt make you an actual conservative.

Leroy Lizard
10/15/2010, 01:34 AM
This is some of the dumbest **** you have ever said Leroy.

That makes no sense. McCain was running against Obama because they were facing off in the same election.

Amazing that you cannot see the difference.

Pricetag
10/15/2010, 02:11 PM
No way, because he lost. True conservatives are winners.

Ike
10/15/2010, 02:20 PM
I don't think anyone actually has any idea what a true conservative is.

Basically, I think somehow, people that throw around "true conservative" really mean "exactly like me in every way". Everyone else is a librul.

Based on what I see on Fox news, I'm beginning to think that in order to be a true conservative, you must:
A) Be against Obama. Against everything he wants. If he wants congress to pass a resolution declaring football to be the totally awesomest, a true conservative must oppose it. Because Obama wanted it.
B) Be bat**** crazy. Or have an inability to articulate your ideas. Or better, both!

bigfatjerk
10/15/2010, 02:38 PM
To me a conservative needs to be about less government spending and more about self government and state government having control. Not all this federal government crap we've been headed for the last 60 years or so. The federal government has been extremely inefficient with things like social security and medicare which they've had more and more control of since the 60s. There is nothing that either candidate does that shows they are this type of candidate.

tommieharris91
10/15/2010, 02:40 PM
I think we need RLIMC and Tuba to define "true conservative."

Soonerus
10/15/2010, 02:57 PM
Get past these generic (lazy) labels and look at the person...

Midtowner
10/15/2010, 03:10 PM
To me a conservative needs to be about less government spending and more about self government and state government having control. Not all this federal government crap we've been headed for the last 60 years or so. The federal government has been extremely inefficient with things like social security and medicare which they've had more and more control of since the 60s. There is nothing that either candidate does that shows they are this type of candidate.

Okay, well, if that's the case, how does the governor assert themselves as a conservative? If she cared about being a true conservative, Fallin would stay where the real fight is--in Congress.

The Governor and the states have to abide by all constitutional federal legislation.

C&CDean
10/15/2010, 03:57 PM
I just wish ****ing November 2 would hurry up and get here. I'm getting worn slick from all this crapentary.

Soonerus
10/15/2010, 04:12 PM
I just wish ****ing November 2 would hurry up and get here. I'm getting worn slick from all this crapentary.

Totally agree, I wish this was all on a political forum so it would be easier to ignore...

C&CDean
10/15/2010, 04:13 PM
I did hear that goodolesooner was an Askins guy though...

Soonerus
10/15/2010, 04:23 PM
I did hear that goodolesooner was an Askins guy though...

I heard Helander was a Fallin guy...

Pricetag
10/15/2010, 04:59 PM
Okay, well, if that's the case, how does the governor assert themselves as a conservative? If she cared about being a true conservative, Fallin would stay where the real fight is--in Congress.

The Governor and the states have to abide by all constitutional federal legislation.
Yep, that's my problem with Fallin's campaign. As the governor of Oklahoma, she ain't going to stop President Obama from doing ****. And I couldn't care less what laws from other states she stands behind. That's all I've heard from her--take away the superfluous stuff (including her Goldie Wilson-esque "Fallin Plan"), and what does she have to say? Zilch. I don't know how anyone, even die hard republicans, could be excited by her.

okie52
10/15/2010, 05:45 PM
Yep, that's my problem with Fallin's campaign. As the governor of Oklahoma, she ain't going to stop President Obama from doing ****. And I couldn't care less what laws from other states she stands behind. That's all I've heard from her--take away the superfluous stuff (including her Goldie Wilson-esque "Fallin Plan"), and what does she have to say? Zilch. I don't know how anyone, even die hard republicans, could be excited by her.

Fallin is a rubber stamp repub...not a whole lot of creativity to her. But she won't tell Oklahomans Obama is good for OK as Obama moves to damage the oil and gas industry. She also won't support student loans and/or tuition aid for illegal immigrants.

Midtowner
10/15/2010, 06:01 PM
She also won't support student loans and/or tuition aid for illegal immigrants.

She doesn't have the power to tell the federal government no. She can be just as opposed as you are to it and just as effective at opposing it. In state tuition is already the law for illegals... and Fallin didn't do anything to oppose it when it passed. I'm guessing that as Lt. Gov. or Congresswoman, whatever she was, state legislation wasn't on her radar. As for student loans, those are all issued through the Department of Education now. Obama kicked the private banks out of the system and limited repayments to 10% of the student's income--a good thing in the short run, but has the potential to blow up just as bad as social security, etc., and bring the entire education establishment down with it.

I shouldn't be so surprised that so few voters actually understand the difference between state and federal government.

MR2-Sooner86
10/15/2010, 06:58 PM
We're ****ed either way because we're getting a woman in no matter what. That always spells bad news.

mgsooner
10/15/2010, 07:28 PM
Fallin sucks and so does SQ 744. That sums it up pretty well.

okie52
10/15/2010, 08:20 PM
She doesn't have the power to tell the federal government no. She can be just as opposed as you are to it and just as effective at opposing it. In state tuition is already the law for illegals... and Fallin didn't do anything to oppose it when it passed. I'm guessing that as Lt. Gov. or Congresswoman, whatever she was, state legislation wasn't on her radar. As for student loans, those are all issued through the Department of Education now. Obama kicked the private banks out of the system and limited repayments to 10% of the student's income--a good thing in the short run, but has the potential to blow up just as bad as social security, etc., and bring the entire education establishment down with it.

I shouldn't be so surprised that so few voters actually understand the difference between state and federal government.

When the instate aid for illegals regarding OK was brought up on OK it was a state issue...not federal. And Askins and Henry were both on board. Please provide a link where Fallin voted for it in congress.

Please drop the governor doesn't make federal policy nonsense. When a governor of OK tells Oklahomans that he/she supports a candidate that will do his best to destroy an industry that is huge in OK it demonstrates where that persons loyalties are...not to mention a total lack of objectivity.

Midtowner
10/16/2010, 12:41 PM
When the instate aid for illegals regarding OK was brought up on OK it was a state issue...not federal. And Askins and Henry were both on board. Please provide a link where Fallin voted for it in congress.

The Act which we are referring to passed in 2003. At that time, Mary Fallin was the Lieutenant Governor. She had used that office before to preside over the Senate (recall the ploy where they attempted to vote right to work into law?). She sat by and let this happen and said nary a word about it. Silence is the same thing as acceptance.

Please drop the governor doesn't make federal policy nonsense. When a governor of OK tells Oklahomans that he/she supports a candidate that will do his best to destroy an industry that is huge in OK it demonstrates where that persons loyalties are...not to mention a total lack of objectivity.

You didn't just tell me how the governor affects federal policy. He doesn't. Plain and simple. Trying to tie Askins or Henry to Obama is just weak guilt by association BS.

And "destroy"? Kind of paranoid language, doncha think?

okie52
10/18/2010, 10:02 AM
The Act which we are referring to passed in 2003. At that time, Mary Fallin was the Lieutenant Governor. She had used that office before to preside over the Senate (recall the ploy where they attempted to vote right to work into law?). She sat by and let this happen and said nary a word about it. Silence is the same thing as acceptance.

You didn't just tell me how the governor affects federal policy. He doesn't. Plain and simple. Trying to tie Askins or Henry to Obama is just weak guilt by association BS.

And "destroy"? Kind of paranoid language, doncha think?

Askins had stated before she was lieutenant governor that she supported student aid for illegals....or doesn't that count. Haven't you noticed Fallin's ads? BTW-I thought the Lt Gov only voted in the senate to break a tie...kinda of like the VP.

I didn't say the gov affects federal policy. But it certainly shows a candidates allegiances and priorities. Seems like Dan Boren said he couldn't endorse Obama. Now Askins is on record for endorsing Obama and we all know she would do it again in 2012. If these "endorsements" are meaningless then why do them? It obviously doesn't help a dem candidates standing in OK.

The list is too long and I am too lazy to post all of the Obama attacks on O & G. Suffice to say that his philosophy and intentions were pretty well demonstrated when the EPA stated that ethanol was dirtier than gasoline (and much dirtier than NG). That same day Obama campaigned for ethanol's inclusion as a favored and subsidized fuel source while advocating support for the house bill that punished NG under cap and trade.

tommieharris91
10/18/2010, 10:29 AM
Askins had stated before she was lieutenant governor that she supported student aid for illegals....or doesn't that count. Haven't you noticed Fallin's ads? BTW-I thought the Lt Gov only voted in the senate to break a tie...kinda of like the VP.

I didn't say the gov affects federal policy. But it certainly shows a candidates allegiances and priorities. Seems like Dan Boren said he couldn't endorse Obama. Now Askins is on record for endorsing Obama and we all know she would do it again in 2012. If these "endorsements" are meaningless then why do them? It obviously doesn't help a dem candidates standing in OK.

The list is too long and I am too lazy to post all of the Obama attacks on O & G. Suffice to say that his philosophy and intentions were pretty well demonstrated when the EPA stated that ethanol was dirtier than gasoline (and much dirtier than NG). That same day Obama campaigned for ethanol's inclusion as a favored and subsidized fuel source while advocating support for the house bill that punished NG under cap and trade.
Gotta pay his dues to Iowa corn farmers.

Taxman71
10/19/2010, 09:09 AM
You can watch them debate tonight on Channel 4 in OKC at 9:00. Will be interesting to see tomorrow's discussion.

Soonerus
10/19/2010, 09:29 AM
You can watch them debate tonight on Channel 4 in OKC at 9:00. Will be interesting to see tomorrow's discussion.

Debate is at 7:00 tonight on Channel 4 in OKC...

Boarder
10/19/2010, 09:33 AM
Debate is at 7:00 tonight on Channel 4 in OKC...
Nope, 9:00. They're moving Parenthood, not Biggest Loser.

Taxman71
10/19/2010, 10:28 AM
Debate is at 7:00 if you want to attend, but airs at 9:00...hopefully without any editing. I'm sure it will available for download almost immediately after.

SoonerNate
10/21/2010, 08:04 AM
I am an avid Republican but I do know Fallin. The woman is a complete snob. Years ago I worked for the finance dept at the OKC Zoo and the woman had to wait in line to enter the park and kept saying "Do you folks not know who I am?"

Please don't reward that nose in the air trash with the highest office in OK. If you do, don't say I didn't warn you.

badger
10/21/2010, 08:58 AM
Here are a few articles on the debate:

Tulsa World: Oklahoma governor debate heats up race (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=262&articleid=20101020_16_A1_CUTLIN28013&archive=yes)

NewsOK: Askins on offensive in debate (http://www.newsok.com/article/3506251?)

The highlights of the articles were Askins clarifying what Oklahoma Democrats are and Fallin drawing groans from the audience for suggesting that she was more qualified because she had kids... I can picture it happening and it's funny :D

Hurry up, Nov. 2!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/21/2010, 12:44 PM
I am an avid Republican but I do know Fallin. The woman is a complete snob. Years ago I worked for the finance dept at the OKC Zoo and the woman had to wait in line to enter the park and kept saying "Do you folks not know who I am?"

Please don't reward that nose in the air trash with the highest office in OK. If you do, don't say I didn't warn you.Isn't this a rerun post? Isn't Askins still a Democrat? You actually trust a democrat to behave responsibly? Don't say I didn't warn you.

SoonerNate
10/21/2010, 12:54 PM
I'm just saying you guys can do much better. Why not say Humphries or that guy that used to be on the radio there (400 lb gorilla)? I can't remember his name.

MR2-Sooner86
10/21/2010, 01:29 PM
Why are people fighting over this? They both suck *** and picking one is like asking if you'd rather get kicked in the left or right nut (or ovaries for the bitchy females on the board who feel left out). They're both just blowing the Bible crowd to get their support because honestly, that's the majority of voters here, sadly.

Personally, I was for Randy Brogdon. I got to talk to him and I really liked the guy.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to make up my mind soon and choose between a cheap slut or a bull dyke.

badger
10/21/2010, 02:02 PM
I promise I'm a good little Republican, but nothing about Fallin impresses me, from her stance on issues to what she said at the debate.

Serge Ibaka
10/21/2010, 02:03 PM
I promise I'm a good little Republican, but nothing about Fallin impresses me, from her stance on issues to what she said at the debate.

I promise I'm a good little democrat, but:

ditto with Askins.

badger
10/21/2010, 02:36 PM
Not impressed with Askins, eh? Well, shoot. Looks like we're all going to go with either the candidate who disappoints us least or the lesser of two evils candidate.

We should start a pole :D

SoonerNate
10/21/2010, 02:47 PM
Can't be any worse than the FL Gubernatorial race.

Pricetag
10/25/2010, 11:18 PM
Did anyone else hear Jim Traber talk about how much he loves Askins today? I was shocked to hear it--he's a huge republican fanboy, and he was gushing about her.

GKeeper316
10/25/2010, 11:20 PM
Did anyone else hear Jim Traber talk about how much he loves Askins today? I was shocked to hear it--he's a huge republican fanboy, and he was gushing about her.

even someone as dumb as traber realizes what a retard failin is...

reflector
10/26/2010, 04:14 AM
They are both horrible choices.

SicEmBaylor
10/26/2010, 04:47 AM
Brogdon didn't win; therefore, whoever does win is irrelevant to me.

badger
10/26/2010, 11:56 AM
A few new articles making the media rounds today on the candidates:

Fallin and marriage (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=262&articleid=20101026_16_A1_OKLAHO890117)

Askins and money (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=262&articleid=20101026_16_A1_OKLAHO925458)

Cliff's Notes version: Fallin is emphasizing her family in her campaign, despite the fact that she is previously divorced, as is her current husband (twice), and they will celebrate their one-year anniversary together... almost a month after election day. Askins has now taken the lead in fundraising between the two candidates, but at the same time, just loaned her campaign another $350k and has loaned a total of over $1 million of her personal fortune to her gubernatorial campaign.

So, if you must cling to an issue to vote against a candidate, there you have it - either Fallin is too out of touch family-wise, or Askins is too out of touch money-wise.

picasso
10/26/2010, 12:23 PM
A few new articles making the media rounds today on the candidates:

Fallin and marriage (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=262&articleid=20101026_16_A1_OKLAHO890117)

Askins and money (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=262&articleid=20101026_16_A1_OKLAHO925458)

Cliff's Notes version: Fallin is emphasizing her family in her campaign, despite the fact that she is previously divorced, as is her current husband (twice), and they will celebrate their one-year anniversary together... almost a month after election day. Askins has now taken the lead in fundraising between the two candidates, but at the same time, just loaned her campaign another $350k and has loaned a total of over $1 million of her personal fortune to her gubernatorial campaign.

So, if you must cling to an issue to vote against a candidate, there you have it - either Fallin is too out of touch family-wise, or Askins is too out of touch money-wise.

Please explain to me how being divorced means you are anti-family? I have a close relative who is the best father I've ever seen and he's been divorced many times.

Marriage isn't easy.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/26/2010, 12:24 PM
Please explain to me how being divorced means you are anti-family? I have a close relative who is the best father I've ever seen and he's been divorced many times.

Marriage isn't easy.

But Mary is, apparently.

*RIMSHOT!*

I don't get no respect.

badger
10/26/2010, 12:32 PM
Please explain to me how being divorced means you are anti-family?

I didn't say that and it sounds like you aren't saying that either. Is anyone saying that? :confused:

Tulsa_Fireman
10/26/2010, 12:33 PM
I said it.

*waggles his cane*

AND I'LL SAY IT AGAIN.

Word.

JohnnyMack
10/26/2010, 12:34 PM
Mary Fallin is a turd. Seeing Badger and Homey fall in line with Askins should be a decent indicator of what a schmuck she is.

badger
10/26/2010, 12:39 PM
I just glanced at a nearby TV - Brad Henry and the wife who makes him look better (seriously - he never campaigned without her, hehe) are now campaigning for Askins.

picasso
10/26/2010, 12:47 PM
Fallin is emphasizing her family in her campaign, despite the fact that she is previously divorced, as is her current husband (twice), and they will celebrate their one-year anniversary together... almost a month after election day.

Sounds to me like you're saying she has no leg to stand on regarding emphasizing her family since both she and her current husband have both been divorced.

saucysoonergal
10/26/2010, 12:54 PM
Sounds to me like you're saying she has no leg to stand on regarding emphasizing her family since both she and her current husband have both been divorced.

Well that and her regard for our state troopers. ;)

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 01:01 PM
I just glanced at a nearby TV - Brad Henry and the wife who makes him look better (seriously - he never campaigned without her, hehe) are now campaigning for Askins.

Yep. I thought it was a pretty good commercial.

Also ABC had Askins on this morning and Fallin respectfully declined their offer to discuss the Family topic.

Askins response about whether you need to be a Mother to relate to the People of Oklahoma..."We've never had a Woman Governor in Oklahoma and somehow they were able to do the job without having to have been a Mother."

It was pretty funny...

badger
10/26/2010, 01:04 PM

It should have sounded like I was providing a brief overview (aka "cliff's notes version") of an article I had absolutely no hand in writing.

I really don't care that she's been divorced, much like I don't care how much Askins donated to her own campaign.

GKeeper316
10/26/2010, 02:21 PM
Brogdon didn't win; therefore, whoever does win is irrelevant to me.

cuz air conditioner repairmen can run a state...

picasso
10/26/2010, 02:23 PM
It should have sounded like I was providing a brief overview (aka "cliff's notes version") of an article I had absolutely no hand in writing.

I really don't care that she's been divorced, much like I don't care how much Askins donated to her own campaign.

Ah my bad, I shouldn't have gone after the messenger.

Ok, Fallin had an affair. I thought that wasn't a big deal in politics anymore?

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 02:25 PM
SWITZER SIGHTING ! ! !

S8lZVmQEFss

badger
10/26/2010, 02:53 PM
Ah my bad, I shouldn't have gone after the messenger.

It's cool... so long as you vote Nov. 2. Otherwise, you aren't cool :P

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 02:57 PM

Not as long as you run your Campaign on good Christian Values.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/26/2010, 02:59 PM
I think the question we need to ask at this point is how this affects women voters.

Does it polarize the camps? Does it swing voters from one side to the other?

Coming from a person without a uterus, this at first glance seems like it could potentially sway undecideds and some women lightly in the Fallin camp to look at the alternative. So again, how damaging is this?

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 03:00 PM
We will know shortly.

badger
10/26/2010, 03:03 PM
SWITZER SIGHTING ! ! !

S8lZVmQEFss

I totally sighted Switzer! :D

As for the rest of this interview, I think that reporter was complimenting Askins WAAAAY too much, even if I loved her answer about motherhood and being Oklahoma governor as much as the reporter apparently did (Askins: No chicks as governor yet, so no mothers as governor either, duh!)

I can understand why Fallin wouldn't want to do this interview. This issue made THE VIEW?! craziness.

Pricetag
10/26/2010, 03:34 PM
Not as long as you run your Campaign on good Christian Values.
Yep. Lots of decent folks make that kind of mistake. I don't believe it makes a person unfit to be governor. But if you're going to try to say that being a mother and especially being a wife somehow makes you more fit, you'd better not have any skeletons in that particular closet. Fallin would have been much better off not going there.

okie52
10/26/2010, 03:59 PM
Last poll I saw by Soonerpoll had Fallin ahead by about 16 points. The poll was done about 3 weeks ago.

badger
10/26/2010, 04:42 PM
I've found all of the trooper remarks about Fallin slightly annoying (even if they appear to be based on fact) and all of the Askins fat/gay jokes slightly annoying too (even though Askins might be overweight and has never been married)... the comments aren't from here, they're everywhere this election's discussed.

The tone of voters in this gubernatorial election worries me how seriously Oklahoma will take a female leader. It simply will not be enough to lean on your own party, on your religion, on your resume... this governor is going to have to be out-freaking-standing and nothing less to win a second term and open the door for future female governor candidates.

I've felt the same way about Obama. It was a bit annoying to hear (again, not here) people call him Muslim and Barry Hussein Sorento Obama or whatever and call him halfrican, even if he has been associated with people who are not all Christian, even though those were given names for him at some people, even though he's half-white, half-black. People just... didn't take seem to take him seriously. :(

Tulsa_Fireman
10/26/2010, 04:48 PM
I disagree, Badj. Think about it.

Henry is a dottering moron. Keating was a wound-up psycho. David Walters was a milquetoast crook. Bellmon had alzheimer's and was older than God. And supposedly David Boren is a homosexual.

Folks are going to point and poke at our elected representation, woman or not. Black or not. Some may very well dismiss them on the premise of them being a woman, but it's my opinion that it's a small minority. The fact that they're both still standing going into the general election is proof enough for me.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/26/2010, 04:52 PM
Who remembers Henry as UOSA president?

Leroy Lizard
10/26/2010, 04:55 PM
I've felt the same way about Obama. It was a bit annoying to hear (again, not here) people call him Muslim and Barry Hussein Sorento Obama or whatever and call him halfrican, even if he has been associated with people who are not all Christian, even though those were given names for him at some people, even though he's half-white, half-black. People just... didn't take seem to take him seriously. :(

I take him seriously, in the same way that I take communicable diseases seriously.

SicEmBaylor
10/26/2010, 05:10 PM
cuz air conditioner repairmen can run a state...

Why not? Seriously.

OUthunder
10/26/2010, 05:17 PM
Yep. Lots of decent folks make that kind of mistake. I don't believe it makes a person unfit to be governor. But if you're going to try to say that being a mother and especially being a wife somehow makes you more fit, you'd better not have any skeletons in that particular closet. Fallin would have been much better off not going there.

She lost my vote by going there. If you're using Christian values as a platform in politics, you had better be squeaky ****ing clean in your private life.

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 05:47 PM
I totally sighted Switzer! :D

As for the rest of this interview, I think that reporter was complimenting Askins WAAAAY too much, even if I loved her answer about motherhood and being Oklahoma governor as much as the reporter apparently did (Askins: No chicks as governor yet, so no mothers as governor either, duh!)

I can understand why Fallin wouldn't want to do this interview. This issue made THE VIEW?! craziness.

No idea why you'd turn down National Media exposure unless her handlers told her not to do it. :D Askins took full advantage of it and IMO made Oklahoma look really good in the First Woman Oklahoma Governor race. I never gave it much thought as I think they both can probably handle it but looking at it from the aspect that it's a historical moment for our State...I think it's pretty cool no matter how it turns out. I think Fallen really missed an opportunity to speak to that.

Cornfed
10/26/2010, 05:48 PM
Oklahoma is well known for it's halo wearing state politicians.

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 05:50 PM
Oklahoma is well known for it's halo wearing state politicians.

No doubt. We've had some of the most honest politicians in this Country. We have always set the standard.....:D

Cornfed
10/26/2010, 05:52 PM
No doubt. We've had some of the most honest politicians in this Country. We have always set the standard.....:D

The only one that may have a somewhat even rep is Ill.

Okla-homey
10/26/2010, 05:54 PM
Allow me to vent. Fallin taking Askins to task for not having been a wife and mom somehow depriving Askins of understanding the challenges faced by Okie families is absurd.

Askins was an Okie district court judge in a rural county. That means she presided over a ton of divorce, child custody and adoption cases. Therefore, I assert Askins has greater insight as to what makes Okie families tick and too often fail than Fallin, who only has her own failed marriage as a data point.

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 05:56 PM
Allow me to vent. Fallin taking Askins to task for not having been a wife and mom somehow depriving Askins of understanding the challenges faced by Okie families is absurd.

Askins was an Okie district court judge in a rural county. That means she presided over a ton of divorce, child custody and adoption cases. Therefore, I assert Askins has greater insight as to what makes Okie families tick and too often fail than Fallin, who only has her own failed marriage as a data point.

I think you should do her public speaking from here on out.

Also...I think Governor Homey has a nice sound to it. I'd be your Driver ;)

Fraggle145
10/26/2010, 05:59 PM
That makes no sense. McCain was running against Obama because they were facing off in the same election.

Amazing that you cannot see the difference.

Amazing that you have never learned to read between the lines... Especially considering how easily you talk out of both sides of your face.

badger
10/27/2010, 11:31 AM
I am not saying anyone is right or wrong in this, I am just passing along this story about Fallin's campaign in Stillwater:

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=16&articleid=20101027_16_A3_OKLAHO241535&allcom=1#2315060)

Not that I agree, disagree, or any taking sides on any issue, but in a nutshell, a Fallin campaigner parked in an OSU donor parking spot and an argument ensued.

:stunned:

badger
10/27/2010, 11:32 AM
Also, the poll (not that I personally took it, not that I agree that it is 100 percent accurate, not that I... eff it) now stands Fallin 56, Askins 38.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=262&articleid=20101027_16_A1_Republ952694)

ouwasp
10/30/2010, 12:32 AM
hmmm... well, I never dreamed my simple question over where these ladies stood on SQ744 would give birth to such a long-lived thread.

My wife and I typically vote Republican. She's voting for Askins this time. I think it's a foregone conclusion that Fallin will win.

I don't really care for either of them. I may literally flip a coin. Or just vote for Jari to make the wife happy.

OklahomaTuba
11/3/2010, 08:45 AM
We should rename this thread to be Gov. Fallin/Askins

OklahomaTuba
11/3/2010, 08:47 AM
I can't wait to throw this back in your face...:pop:

C&CDean
11/3/2010, 08:50 AM
Was there really a need to do that Tuba? Really?

I didn't think so.