9/23/2010, 10:21 PM
Dang! those lucky chokes!
http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=103089

DenverSooner751
9/23/2010, 10:27 PM
Silly Pokes!

soonerborn30
9/23/2010, 10:52 PM
What I liked was the in-depth breakdown of finances. Never mind that they needed $2M+ from the University. I also found it hilarious that we spent $300K less on marketing and yet made about $8M more in branding. And can anybody tell me if the number for media rights is correct? $209K from media rights while Little Brother had $2.3M? How is that possible? Oh, and the part where they bragged about how their student union was gonna be nicer than ours was particularly Aggy gold.

goingoneight
9/23/2010, 10:58 PM
Oh, aggy... you cultural sodomite.

Collier11
9/23/2010, 11:01 PM
I dont even ask myself anymore how they can be so blind

Crimsontothecore
9/23/2010, 11:03 PM
They also have a thread complaining about how the Tulsa area wal-marts have more OU stuff on display than osu garbage. They just don't understand reality.

sooner59
9/23/2010, 11:06 PM
Just when I needed a chuckle...

They come through for one every time.

Collier11
9/23/2010, 11:09 PM
They also have a thread complaining about how the Tulsa area wal-marts have more OU stuff on display than osu garbage. They just don't understand reality.

WHY DOES OU GET MORE AIR TIME ON THE NEWS, THE DOK, AND THE SPORTS ANIMAL?!?!?!?

Think about it dumb sh*ts, 1st you cant even sell out your sparkling new stadium, no one gives a sh*t about your sorry azz football team. OU is big time, we drive ratings, we bring in money, WE ARE F*CKING OU!!!!

sooner518
9/24/2010, 07:30 AM
if he transfered in conference, doesnt he have to then sit out two years? yea, thats gonna happen. aggy is a special breed of delusional

goingoneight
9/24/2010, 08:29 AM
Some of them in that particular thread get it. Callers to Tulsa area sports radio, not so much. The guy that was a stupid gooner who played eight man football and would never make it in division one is now a "great potential prospect."
if only they knew how bogus this whole Ronnell Lewis "controversy" is, he'd go back to being a "stupid gooner" instantly.

StoopTroup
9/24/2010, 08:47 AM
Hey....they are #25 in the Coaches Poll this week...they are a juggernaut. :D

soonerborn30
9/24/2010, 08:48 AM
Team on the Rise!!

SoonerPr8r
9/24/2010, 08:54 AM
I like how they have to dedicate an entire section of their boards to OU, and that it is the most active part of their board. It is flattering really.

Crimsontothecore
9/24/2010, 09:05 AM
WHY DOES OU GET MORE AIR TIME ON THE NEWS, THE DOK, AND THE SPORTS ANIMAL?!?!?!?

Think about it dumb sh*ts, 1st you cant even sell out your sparkling new stadium, no one gives a sh*t about your sorry azz football team. OU is big time, we drive ratings, we bring in money, WE ARE F*CKING OU!!!!

Now there you go complicating things again. It's as simple as this: We are cheating gooners!

MeMyself&Me
9/24/2010, 10:37 AM
I like how they have to dedicate an entire section of their boards to OU, and that it is the most active part of their board. It is flattering really.

I haven't been over there but it doesn't surprise me in the least. Being an osu fan is more about hating OU than loving osu.

OUthunder
9/24/2010, 10:41 AM
A pure and simple case of a Napolean complex.

badger
9/24/2010, 10:44 AM

I shop at Target to avoid the OSU fans... and yes, there is a lot of OU stuff at Target compared to OSU stuff :D

Really, I think national chains are just like "durr, statistics show that the state of Oklahoma buys more OU gear, so we'll stock it in every store except Stillwater... well, Stillwater too."

Then, when helpless cashiers are chastised for board room decisions, all they can say is "Will this purchase be on your *insert store name* card today?"

:rolleyes: silly pokes. stilly pokes. stillwater pokes... hmmm...

Mississippi Sooner
9/24/2010, 10:50 AM
Back in 1983 I went on a recruiting visit to Stoolwater. I had no intention of going there, but part of it was getting to see a football game for free, and I never refused that. Well turns out the game I got to see was a 9-0 snoozer vs. Tulsa.

What stuck out to me that day, though, as I sat there frying in that giant rustbucket that was Lewis Field, is that by far the largest cheer I heard all day was when they announced that Kansas State had taken an early lead on OU.

Seriously, that was probably the worst football atmosphere I've ever experienced anywhere.

Crimsontothecore
9/24/2010, 11:22 AM
I shop at Target to avoid the OSU fans... and yes, there is a lot of OU stuff at Target compared to OSU stuff :D

Really, I think national chains are just like "durr, statistics show that the state of Oklahoma buys more OU gear, so we'll stock it in every store except Stillwater... well, Stillwater too."

Then, when helpless cashiers are chastised for board room decisions, all they can say is "Will this purchase be on your *insert store name* card today?"

:rolleyes: silly pokes. stilly pokes. stillwater pokes... hmmm...

Yes, it's called intelligent marketing. That's a little thing retailers do to make something called PROFIT. Someone posting in the thread actually said that they could understand OKC Wal-Marts having more OU stuff but that Tulsa was an OSU market and should have more osu stuff displayed. Can you believe that? Tulsa (and every other city, town, and village in Oklahoma) is by far dominated by OU fans.
They want so badly for geographical proximity to give them some sort of advantage over OU. They just can't understand why retailers don't want their worthless crap taking up space when it doesn't sell nearly as well.

Frozen Sooner
9/24/2010, 11:27 AM
It's funny to me that OSU fans say stupid **** like "I wear an OSU shirt because I went there, you wear an OU shirt because you went to Wal-Mart" then complain like hell when they can't find OSU stuff at Wal-Mart.

Crimsontothecore
9/24/2010, 11:38 AM
It's funny to me that OSU fans say stupid **** like "I wear an OSU shirt because I went there, you wear an OU shirt because you went to Wal-Mart" then complain like hell when they can't find OSU stuff at Wal-Mart.

True. I never understood the criticism they use against OU by saying that most OU fans didn't attend the school. Wouldn't ANY program want as large a fan base as possible and welcome non-alums? Wouldn't osu love to pack their stadium every game regardless of whether those buying tickets attended their school? Of course they would on both counts.

Frozen Sooner
9/24/2010, 11:46 AM
True. I never understood the criticism they use against OU by saying that most OU fans didn't attend the school. Wouldn't ANY program want as large a fan base as possible and welcome non-alums? Wouldn't osu love to pack their stadium every game regardless of whether those buying tickets attended their school? Of course they would on both counts.

I generally respond to that by noting that it's quite apparent the only people who willingly associate themselves with OSU (or Auburn, another fan base who uses this silliness) are people who were dumb enough to go there.

Mississippi Sooner
9/24/2010, 11:49 AM
OSU or Auburn. Something distinctly aggie about that sort of logic, no matter where you find it.

badger
9/24/2010, 12:06 PM
True. I never understood the criticism they use against OU by saying that most OU fans didn't attend the school.

They gotta criticize something, and they realized that we don't care as much about rasslin' national championship as they do.

ELP Sooner
9/24/2010, 02:42 PM
I made my first (and last) visit to OP due to this thread. I finally know what a gooner is, and I am one. Oh well, I will be flying into OKC from this corrupt dungheap for the CU game to spend my inferior money on OU sports. I hope OU and alumni will accept my money with my apology for not being part of the family. I think they will. I know I had a great time at the Baylor game in Norman last year and the Sun Bowl here was a blast. I love me the Sooners even if it makes me a Gooner. In fact when OU was here I was invited to the OU friends and Alumni deal at the Doubletree Hotel and I felt a little awkward about going considering I am not an OU alum, but with the encouragement from my wife I went. The folks there couldnt have been nicer and Merv Johnson was really cool to me and he told me a few stories about the old days. Visiting OU last year and then the Sun Bowl stuff is something I wont ever forget and that is why I made it a personal pledge to attend one home game per year for now on because I had such a good time.

Mad Dog Madsen
9/24/2010, 02:58 PM
It wasn't me. I don't post on other teams boards, you would have to be a gay loser to do that.

Gotta admit, that's pretty funny! :D

goingoneight
9/24/2010, 03:18 PM
Every stadium is full of T-shirt fans. Even the worst teams have tons of them. Do you really think there's a single school in the country who can say their crowd is ALL students and alumni? What about the kids who haven't been to college yet? That's hands down, the most retarded argument a little brother program can make. Ever think that people in general don't like your retarded mascot, your history or your colors? I know a lot of people who went to OSU who could care less about their sports, or any sports for that matter. Your players aren't all from Oklahoma, either... you gonna set some kind of boundary or stereotype those kids, too? Cuz I'm pretty sure they loved them some Zac Robinson, Kendall Hunter and Dez Bryant.

Also, guess what... oh, opposing fanbases... winning big brings those same "goons" into your own stadium. You know... Those people who "never went to OSU, only jumped on the bandwagon, toothless leeches attaching themselves to a program, etc." Not that they don't already have a **** ton of them already. If you're a toothless hillbilly, are you gonna save up all your goverment cheese and go buy Texas tickets or Texas A&M tickets? The answer is probably 1/3 buy aggy tickets, while the leeches go to Austin. Think it has something to do with winning?

Collier11
9/24/2010, 03:21 PM
Exactly GO8, when we make fun of them not even being able to fill up their stadium they use the excuse that they dont have all the bandwagon fans...well thats true, you have to be good to have bandwagon fans

stoops the eternal pimp
9/24/2010, 03:30 PM
Oh im pretty sure when people show up to their games they do an "Alumni/Current Student" check before allowing them in

ELP Sooner
9/24/2010, 03:31 PM
Being an OU fan for 30 years..from age 10 onward....I do not think of myself as bandwagon. Others might, I dunno.

ELP Sooner
9/24/2010, 03:32 PM
Oh im pretty sure when people show up to their games they do an "Alumni/Current Student" check before allowing them in

Luckily I brought my fake OU diploma with me last year. It worked like a charm.

Collier11
9/24/2010, 03:32 PM
I think bitching about bandwagon fans is retarded, I want as many OU fans out there as possible, degree from OU or not, live in Oklahoma or not, bought a wal-mart tshirt or not.

I think the more appropriate thing to bitch about is fair weather fans

King Barry's Back
9/24/2010, 10:54 PM
Every stadium is full of T-shirt fans. Even the worst teams have tons of them. Do you really think there's a single school in the country who can say their crowd is ALL students and alumni? What about the kids who haven't been to college yet? That's hands down, the most retarded argument a little brother program can make. Ever think that people in general don't like your retarded mascot, your history or your colors? I know a lot of people who went to OSU who could care less about their sports, or any sports for that matter. Your players aren't all from Oklahoma, either... you gonna set some kind of boundary or stereotype those kids, too? Cuz I'm pretty sure they loved them some Zac Robinson, Kendall Hunter and Dez Bryant.

Also, guess what... oh, opposing fanbases... winning big brings those same "goons" into your own stadium. You know... Those people who "never went to OSU, only jumped on the bandwagon, toothless leeches attaching themselves to a program, etc." Not that they don't already have a **** ton of them already. If you're a toothless hillbilly, are you gonna save up all your goverment cheese and go buy Texas tickets or Texas A&M tickets? The answer is probably 1/3 buy aggy tickets, while the leeches go to Austin. Think it has something to do with winning?

You, my friend, have already bought into the OSU hype. The fact is that toothless hillbillies are disproportionally drawn to become fans of ag-programs, because they resent the "elitism" of the state's premier school, and just feel more at home among the farmers. It's mostly perception. Let's face it, both OU and OSU (and Bama and Auburn, TX and aTM, etc) are comprehensive research universities, but it's still true.

I still never can get over the fact that OSU makes fun of us for having red neck fans. Are you kidding me?

Leroy Lizard
9/25/2010, 12:31 AM
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g41/mmesimon/envy.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
9/25/2010, 01:14 AM
Why do the people who make these think we are too stupid to get the joke without the dumb arrow?

Leroy Lizard
9/25/2010, 01:23 AM
It does spoil it to a certain extent.

Frozen Sooner
9/25/2010, 08:45 AM
Why do the people who make these think we are too stupid to get the joke without the dumb arrow?

Frankly, I wouldn't have noticed she was there without the arrow. The eye isn't really drawn there. At least not mine. YMMV.

Piware
9/25/2010, 11:41 PM
[QUOTE I still never can get over the fact that OSU makes fun of us for having red neck fans. Are you kidding me?[/QUOTE]

OSU just has rednecks and sheep. :D