PDA

View Full Version : This is cool!

5thYearSooner
9/22/2010, 11:11 PM
And scaryl! This team is unpredictable..all in or nothing. You agree?

soonerboy_odanorth
9/22/2010, 11:19 PM
In a word?... No! More like annoying.

I rather like my Sooners teams like Rommell liked his 1936 German armor divisions... The most advanced tanks in the world rolling through the Polish lowlands against horse calvary...

Watching us dismantle someone, say 65-13, doesn't bore me at all.

Collier11
9/22/2010, 11:21 PM
I dont care how we win or by how much as long as we win every game...its just not as much fun during the game, more stressful and sucky

ouwasp
9/22/2010, 11:29 PM
Being a fan of a team that seemingly does not yet grasp how to stick the knife in and twist it is unsettling.

Collier11
9/22/2010, 11:31 PM
In hindsight wasp, we have seen some versions of OU football that blew out just about anyone but couldnt win the close games against good teams(08), HOPEFULLY this will help us when that comes up again

ouwasp
9/22/2010, 11:55 PM
Hmmm... not bad Collier.... it still doesn't help my blood pressure though. But maybe close games early will pay off. As the season progresses, if the Sooners continue to "play down to the level" of sub-talented teams I'll just have to go rake leaves or something.

Collier11
9/23/2010, 12:05 AM
well we wont have many more bad teams, we better get that focus right

CrimsonRez
9/23/2010, 12:07 AM
I will say that the good thing in this is that we are a very young team for the most part that knows how to win the close one. When we get older and better we will be back to those 65-13 beat downs.

yermom
9/23/2010, 12:31 AM
In hindsight wasp, we have seen some versions of OU football that blew out just about anyone but couldnt win the close games against good teams(08), HOPEFULLY this will help us when that comes up again

this is what i was thinking. we were losing a lot of the close ones last year too

Collier11
9/23/2010, 12:32 AM
Yup, can only help as long as we win the ones we are supposed to win. If we do that, the close ones against good teams will be easier

agoo758
9/23/2010, 12:41 AM
I agree with Collier to an extent, but I would like to see OU face the same situation that they we saw with UTAH ST and AF on the road. If they can put it away in that situation, then I am convinced that this team is for real.

Peach Fuzz
9/23/2010, 12:45 AM
I dont wanna be the pizzant in the corner, but I don't really think we "learned how to win the close ones" yet. It was the other teams not being able to keep scoring, we let them catch up ya see. It's more along the lines as someone pointed out, we're not going for the kill, which scares me more than the "winning the close ones" crap JMHO...

Collier11
9/23/2010, 12:48 AM
Guess you missed the big pick by Fleming when Utah St. was coming back and the big 3rd down completion against AF when they were coming back? That my friend is making plays when you need them

Peach Fuzz
9/23/2010, 12:50 AM
Actually I did miss the pick. But you can't deny if we do our **** then we're not in those positions. Hell, we should make those plays IMO were a top 10 team... just sayin'

Collier11
9/23/2010, 12:52 AM
Well thats the case with most any close game, we had the chance to put away both teams but for whatever reason we didnt. When the chips were down and we were up against the ropes though we made game deciding plays, something we couldnt do last year

Peach Fuzz
9/23/2010, 12:57 AM
Well I'll also take note that we never really got into positions where we were up by a bit last year and COULD seal the deal... so I guess this is a learning opp... just frustrated that we've been "progressing" for a year now and we're getting a few setbacks.... haven't hit the panic button tho ;)

Collier11
9/23/2010, 01:03 AM
Think of it this way, would you rather be a young talented team that is learning how to win and is 3-0 or one that is learning how to win and is 2-1 or 1-2

Peach Fuzz
9/23/2010, 01:09 AM
Your tone is all wrong sir... I'd say 3-0 du du duhhh

You're missing my point, in which I'm right and you're right, just not as right as me:cool:

Collier11
9/23/2010, 01:11 AM
Well my point is sit back and enjoy the ride, it could be alot worse, like last year when we were losing all the close games. It still blows my mind that Stoops coached that scrap heap team last year within 12 points of being 12-1, seriously, wow!

We are 3-0, we have been tested and came out on top, now lets sit back and watch as we parlay that into future success

Peach Fuzz
9/23/2010, 01:16 AM
eff sitting back im high as a kite and this needs to be addressed lol

seriously tho I'm very happy were 3-0 just ready for the boys to get back on the mission if ya knam sayn

Collier11
9/23/2010, 01:18 AM
Well, the way I see it we have two choices, trust the coaches or worry about not looking amazing in games 1 and 3, I choose to trust the coaches. I think thats fairly reasonable unless your name is Curly Bill :D

rawlingsHOH
9/23/2010, 01:54 AM
this is what i was thinking. we were losing a lot of the close ones last year too

But we won the last close one in 09. On a roll!

agoo758
9/23/2010, 02:02 AM
I hope we beat Boise St in the national championship like.... 6-3..... or something.

Leroy Lizard
9/23/2010, 02:19 AM
In a word?... No! More like annoying.

I rather like my Sooners teams like Rommell liked his 1936 German armor divisions...

For a moment I thought we were going to have another Ronnell Lewis thread.

I would much rather talk about Rommel.

oudavid1
9/23/2010, 04:22 AM
I dont care how we win or by how much as long as we win every game...its just not as much fun during the game, more stressful and sucky

i disagree

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/bcs.jpg

oudavid1
9/23/2010, 04:24 AM
For a moment I thought we were going to have another Ronnell Lewis thread.

I would much rather talk about Rommel.

Really not that bad of a guy. Oh and an amazing General too!

soonerloyal
9/23/2010, 07:35 AM
As the season progresses, if the Sooners continue to "play down to the level" of sub-talented teams I'll just have to go rake leaves or something.

This season I'm goin' with Gameday teetotalling. It's workin' so far... :eek:

ouflak
9/23/2010, 07:40 AM
Think of it this way, would you rather be a young talented team that is learning how to win and is 3-0 or one that is learning how to win and is 2-1 or 1-2

I'd rather be 14-0 than 10-3 irrespective of what they are learning. The ways things are looking now, I'm not so sure that 14-0 is even within reach. Some might respond, "Well who do you think is going to beat us out of the rest of schedule?". The problem is, right now as things look, it could be anybody. I think most people generally agree that the conference part of our schedule is going to be the harder part of our schedule. If we are depending on last minute plays to save us against Utah State and Air Force, will we necessarily capitalize on those same opportunities against a Texas Tech or a Missouri team? I'm a notorious optimist, but I've also been a college football fan for a long long time. Before that a big high school football fan when I played. Usually if there are worrying trends at the beginning of a season for any team, those trends foreshadow bad things later in the season. It's just the way of things. I don't how many more of those kind of plays/drives we have in us, but if there is enough Sooner Magic out there to get us undefeated (or 1 loss) into the Big XII championship game, I'll be as happy as if we'd blown out those blowoutable teams.

It would be nice though to have that foot-on-the-throat-in-the-3rd kind of result this weekend.

budbarrybob
9/23/2010, 10:04 AM

^^This

Doesn't mean that we go undefeated. I remember last year how we always seemed to give up that crucial last drive or couldn't get the clock eating drive at the end of the game only to lose. Good to see the team this year winning that battle (so far).

PalmBeachSooner
9/23/2010, 01:06 PM

they were on the road though. we are winning close games at home. not sure what to think about that?

C&CDean
9/23/2010, 01:20 PM
No, I don't knam sayn. The mission is to win the conference, then win the NC. One game at a time. So far we're right damn where we need to be. Dead on the mission. knam sayn:rolleyes:

Peach Fuzz
9/23/2010, 01:41 PM
hell na yous had me ****ed up dawg...

anyway wasn't talkng about being 3-0, It's about the fact that we can't go for the throat... it's been that the whole time and Ima neva neva change my minds;)

SoonerPr8r
9/23/2010, 02:11 PM
Everyone talks about the Stanford game being last year's only close game we won. But wasn't the KState game close as well. We had only a 5 pt lead for most of the game and didn't panic. I thought that was a big turning point for the team last year.