PDA

View Full Version : Ronnell Lewis Threads

JRAM
9/22/2010, 04:51 PM
On the various Sooner sites, there are numerous threads about how Ronnell is being abused by the coaches by not playing him more. I have never heard or read threads from so many pansy asses in all my life. They come across like they honestly think that their bitching will make a difference in his playing time. They act as if he is something of a defensive savior. I personnally like Ronnell, but his playing time should be determined by the coaches , not a bunch of whiney, blubbering idiots.

OK2U
9/22/2010, 04:52 PM
spend more time on the board, you'll hear a lot more

Soonerus
9/22/2010, 05:04 PM
On the various Sooner sites, there are numerous threads about how Ronnell is being abused by the coaches by not playing him more. I have never heard or read threads from so many pansy asses in all my life. They come across like they honestly think that their bitching will make a difference in his playing time. They act as if he is something of a defensive savior. I personnally like Ronnell, but his playing time should be determined by the coaches , not a bunch of whiney, blubbering idiots.

Venables ??

badger
9/22/2010, 05:06 PM
Takes one to know one, I know you are but what am I, and other childish responses to match yours.

:P

Leroy Lizard
9/22/2010, 05:10 PM
Here is what happened.

The hype machine started this past year when Ronnell Lewis was going to be destroying everyone in his path. We even had a nickname for him. So Air Force is coming to town. Since we all know that wishbone QBs get hurt every game, it was only expected that Ronnell was going to decapitate the Air Force QB, and his replacements.

So Sooner fans are salivating, expecting to see body parts lying all over the field from Ronnell's March. What happens? Ronnell doesn't even take the field.

Now the fans are pissed, and it was all because of the hype machine. (And yes, the hype was all over this board too.)

In a way, the hype surrounding Ronnell reminds me of a certain UT player named Rufus Harris. You remember him, doncha? He was the DESTRUCTIVE back that was going to vaporize our players. The hype was similar. They even still have one of his quotes on hornfans.com in their rotation.

Ronnell is not necessarily like Rufus, who had an IQ ranging between a cane toad (genus Bufo Marinus) and Vincent Young. Ronnell also doesn't have the mouth of Rufus. But the hype is similar.

What's to learn? Don't believe the hype.

Soonerntxs
9/22/2010, 05:16 PM
Here is what happened.

The hype machine started this past year when Ronnell Lewis was going to be destroying everyone in his path. We even had a nickname for him. So Air Force is coming to town. Since we all know that wishbone QBs get hurt every game, it was only expected that Ronnell was going to decapitate the Air Force QB, and his replacements.

So Sooner fans are salivating, expecting to see body parts lying all over the field from Ronnell's March. What happens? Ronnell doesn't even take the field.

Now the fans are pissed, and it was all because of the hype machine. (And yes, the hype was all over this board too.)

In a way, the hype surrounding Ronnell reminds me of a certain UT player named Rufus Harris. You remember him, doncha? He was the DESTRUCTIVE back that was going to vaporize our players. The hype was similar. They even still have one of his quotes on hornfans.com in their rotation.

Ronnell is not necessarily like Rufus, who had an IQ ranging between a cane toad (genus Bufo Marinus) and Vincent Young. Ronnell also doesn't have the mouth of Rufus. But the hype is similar.

What's to learn? Don't believe the hype.

A GOLDEN EGG for your anal-y-sis! You sir just hit "The Hammer" with a nail head!:D

Leroy Lizard
9/22/2010, 05:40 PM
Venables ??

The last time I looked he was one of the coaches.

sooner59
9/22/2010, 05:41 PM
The last time I looked he was one of the coaches.

What about Venerables? His name comes up quite a bit as well.

Soonerntxs
9/22/2010, 05:45 PM
come to think of it, who is BOB?

Leroy Lizard
9/22/2010, 05:52 PM
come to think of it, who is BOB?

And what about him?

Soonerntxs
9/22/2010, 05:54 PM
I've seen his name all over T-shirts in Norman.

85sooners
9/22/2010, 05:54 PM
:gary:

85sooners
9/22/2010, 05:55 PM
On the various Sooner sites, there are numerous threads about how Ronnell is being abused by the coaches by not playing him more. I have never heard or read threads from so many pansy asses in all my life. They come across like they honestly think that their bitching will make a difference in his playing time. They act as if he is something of a defensive savior. I personnally like Ronnell, but his playing time should be determined by the coaches , not a bunch of whiney, blubbering idiots.pu$$y:texan:

CBUS_SOONER
9/22/2010, 06:00 PM
Venables ??

fire him????

The Ghost of Mex
9/22/2010, 06:12 PM
what other sites???

oudavid1
9/22/2010, 06:21 PM
FIRE VENABLES!!!!! <That was my first time!!!

okiedokie
9/22/2010, 06:27 PM
what about that coach Hiple and the great work he does?????

Crucifax Autumn
9/22/2010, 06:35 PM
Damn. I thought he'd started a new clothing line.

adoniijahsooner
9/22/2010, 06:39 PM
Let's take a look at how it all started...

1st Ronnell is the 1st player to commit two yrs ago

Ronnell plays in the Under Armour All American game and he plays very well...here is the thread I started about the game, you'll notice he was getting praised by many of us.
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127932

Then Ronnell absolutely began to destroy people in kickoff coverage, and earns the handle "The Hammer".

He starts in the Stanford game and does pretty well against a good Stanford team.

Then finally we have these qoutes from Stoops and BV...

He's the most violent hitter I've been around," Venables said. "I haven't been all over the place, OK? But I've been here, and we've had some good players, and he's as violent as they come."

Stoops added to the hype when he said: "He's incredibly powerful and explosive. There's no question that he can be really special."

"We've got to give (Lewis) what he can handle and not overwhelm him," Venables said last month. "But he's a very hungry, humble young guy that loves to play the game and really loves to be coached."

So Ronnell has performed and he has done things that warrant the attention he is getting. I don't agree with what he said, but I certainly understand the frustration of fans, and more importantly of Ronnell himself. To be moved from place to place and not allowed to focus on one position has to be a little frustrating. How can he learn and DEVELOP if he has no set postition?

btb916
9/22/2010, 06:40 PM
I wish there were no OU fans at all.

First, they are unpatriotic.

Second, they are wimps because they leave when it gets hot.

Third, they are wimps because they sit instead of stand.

Fourth, they complain. A LOT.

Stupid fans. Bob and the gang would be much better off without them.

TahoeSOONER
9/22/2010, 06:42 PM
Damn. I thought he'd started a new clothing line.

As long as those Hammer pants don't come back in style.

adoniijahsooner
9/22/2010, 06:49 PM
I wish there were no OU fans at all.

First, they are unpatriotic.

Second, they are wimps because they leave when it gets hot.

Third, they are wimps because they sit instead of stand.

Fourth, they complain. A LOT.

Stupid fans. Bob and the gang would be much better off without them.

Yeah take away the fans and how much money do you think stoops will get for coaching this team? Fans will complain, b*tch, moan, and they will continue to fill up the football stadium, and lining the pockets of stoops and his staff.

btb916
9/22/2010, 06:50 PM
Yeah take away the fans and how much money do you think stoops will get for coaching this team? Fans will complain, b*tch, moan, and they will continue to fill up the football stadium, and lining the pockets of stoops and his staff.

Sorry.

Should've ended my post with this:

;)

finster
9/22/2010, 07:02 PM
SoonerFans was all
http://i56.tinypic.com/vhb6hf.jpg
Til JRAM said whats what
http://i51.tinypic.com/2ij1ch4.jpg

ashley
9/22/2010, 07:18 PM
There is an old saying. If you don't go to practice you don't know, you cannot know.

JRAM
9/22/2010, 07:46 PM
Damn, the ignoramous posters all moved over to this site. Pantie waists.

StoopTroup
9/22/2010, 07:48 PM
what about that coach Hiple and the great work he does?????

Jesh got screwed outta the hiesmon IMHO.

finster
9/22/2010, 08:53 PM
There is an old saying. If you don't go to practice you don't know, you cannot know.

Maybe you re-worded this "old saying" but it's just not ringin a bell.

StoopTroup
9/22/2010, 08:54 PM
If you know where practice is...you'll learn a lot of new sayings?

Soonerus
9/22/2010, 09:12 PM
Worst thread evar...

stoops the eternal pimp
9/22/2010, 09:26 PM
Rus knows

Soonerus
9/22/2010, 09:28 PM
Rus knows

You should just add that as your signature...

stoops the eternal pimp
9/22/2010, 09:31 PM

Soonerus
9/22/2010, 09:33 PM

UDAMON !!!

olevetonahill
9/22/2010, 09:48 PM
Damn, the ignoramous posters all moved over to this site. Pantie waists.

Uh ya prolly shouldnt be throwing any rocks there bright eyes.
YER the one who cam here and started a R.L. thread bitching about the number of R.L. threads on other sites :rolleyes:

goingoneight
9/22/2010, 09:51 PM
Whichever reporter decided to stir up a big bunch of nothing between Stoops and Lewis has really got the fans fighting with eachother.

If Lewis was so good at knowing his assignments and coverage, he'd be starting at LB and allowed to "Hammer" the opposition. Til then, know that he's still a beast on special teams and the coaches haven't forgotten about him.

Crimsontothecore
9/22/2010, 10:06 PM
Am I the only one who saw stoops presser yesterday? This is not a matter of a player not living up to hype or not knowing coverages. Stoops plainly stated when asked that Lewis had academic issues and had also missed some practices.

josh09
9/22/2010, 11:10 PM

Thanks for sharing!!!

Leroy Lizard
9/23/2010, 12:17 AM
Whichever reporter decided to stir up a big bunch of nothing between Stoops and Lewis has really got the fans fighting with eachother.

If Lewis was so good at knowing his assignments and coverage, he'd be starting at LB and allowed to "Hammer" the opposition. Til then, know that he's still a beast on special teams and the coaches haven't forgotten about him.

This is what kills me about so many of the fans. It's like the coaching staff had forgotten all about Ronnell Lewis. I mean, there can be no other reason, right?

"Coach, Air Force chewed up a lot of yardage on your team. Did you forget to play Ronnell Lewis?"

"Ronnell? (Looks at Venables.) Crap, we forgot all about him! No wonder we couldn't stop the run. (Face palm.)"

Rickety_Syd
9/23/2010, 12:52 AM
This is what kills me about so many of the fans. It's like the coaching staff had forgotten all about Ronnell Lewis. I mean, there can be no other reason, right?

"Coach, Air Force chewed up a lot of yardage on your team. Did you forget to play Ronnell Lewis?"

"Ronnell? (Looks at Venables.) Crap, we forgot all about him! No wonder we couldn't stop the run. (Face palm.)"

Venables: "Ronnell whois?"

SoonerPr8r
9/23/2010, 08:54 AM

It would have been amazing if Bob had done this in his presser on Tuesday.

ashley
9/23/2010, 09:17 AM
Maybe you re-worded this "old saying" but it's just not ringin a bell.

It means that the coaches know better than we do. They are at practice.

Rickety_Syd
9/23/2010, 04:49 PM
Ronnell will be playing DE Saturday.

http://www.newsok.com/ou-football-notebook-landry-jones-considers-ministry/article/3497512?custom_click=headlines_widget

Crucifax Autumn
9/23/2010, 05:07 PM
So here's his chance. Based on what Cinci has been doing him and Beal could both have a ton of sacks.

StoopTroup
9/23/2010, 05:19 PM
...a needle if he wants to.

Leroy Lizard
9/23/2010, 06:33 PM
There's a lesson in this story for the coaching staff: Never give your players a nickname.

Once you give him a nickname, it's like naming your cows. Some day you will need to shoot it (sit him on the bench) and your kids (the fans) will look up at you with teary eyes.

"You shot Fuzzles!" ("You didn't play the Hammer!")

Once you nickname a player, he becomes a pet. And you can't shoot your pets.

gaylordfan1
9/23/2010, 08:11 PM
There's a lesson in this story for the coaching staff: Never give your players a nickname.

Once you give him a nickname, it's like naming your cows. Some day you will need to shoot it (sit him on the bench) and your kids (the fans) will look up at you with teary eyes.

"You shot Fuzzles!" ("You didn't play the Hammer!")

Once you nickname a player, he becomes a pet. And you can't shoot your pets.

WOW, thats some heavy stuff!

birddog
9/23/2010, 08:27 PM
It means that the coaches know better than we do. They are at practice.

so, then it's not really an offishull old saying? like "he who has hands in pockets, not always playing with change".?

Leroy Lizard
9/23/2010, 11:36 PM
WOW, thats some heavy stuff!

I guess "heavy" means "brilliant" in the new street vernacular.