PDA

View Full Version : Ideas about getting OU/TX tickets

jkjsooner
9/22/2010, 02:29 PM
What's the best way to score some OU/TX tickets? I don't really want to go to the jail and get them from those who have been arrested (do people really do that?) so is there another good way to get them?

I've heard waiting until almost kickoff helps. The last time I went was about 10 years ago and I think I got them on Ebay then but I'm pretty sure I can do better...

One more question, have you guys noticed that the tickets are easier to get now that the Cotton Bowl has been expanded?

Thanks in advance.

StoopTroup
9/22/2010, 02:34 PM
What's the best way to score some OU/TX tickets?
I've found that this helps.

YWIA :D

http://www.sxc.hu/pic/m/a/ap/apostolic/772351_100_dollar_bills_1.jpg

mehip
9/22/2010, 02:35 PM
For me it's always been 'know somebody in Sales' :) It has worked for Big 12 title games as well.

Jello Biafra
9/22/2010, 02:35 PM
What's the best way to score some OU/TX tickets? I don't really want to go to the jail and get them from those who have been arrested (do people really do that?) so is there another good way to get them?

I've heard waiting until almost kickoff helps. The last time I went was about 10 years ago and I think I got them on Ebay then but I'm pretty sure I can do better...

One more question, have you guys noticed that the tickets are easier to get now that the Cotton Bowl has been expanded?

Thanks in advance.

tried "hooking" yet?

just a thought...

yermom
9/22/2010, 02:39 PM
ebay/craigslist and/or knowing someone :D

i've seen them bought at the game, but i also have heard ugly stories about arrests too

i've always had them before i got to Dallas, personally

it seems like they would be easier to come by since the expansion, but i've gotten them from OU since then, so i really don't know

jkjsooner
9/22/2010, 02:52 PM
Serious question, do they arrest people buying or just selling?

Soonerntxs
9/22/2010, 02:53 PM
http://www.nytix.com/repository/articles/ticket-scalper3.jpg

YOU CAN HAVE THIS

http://www.stanford.edu/group/ccr/blog/prostitute.JPG

or YOU CAN HAVE THIS

http://www.planetmotivation.com/images/stacks-of-money.jpg

But IF YOU HAVE THIS

http://ou.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2008/10/06/texasBIGIS.jpg

YOU CAN HAVE ANY SEAT YOU WANT!

(Just look on the SWAP Post 2 50yrd Uppers $1400.00)

I guess I'm watchin my 46in Flat cuz I'm too fat for hookin to broke for scalpin and my winning LOTTO #'s are always taken.

bent rider
9/22/2010, 02:55 PM
Wait for the Wronghorns to lose. Wait, they're playing UCLA, nevermind.

Expansion or no, demand is going to be very high this year because both teams are highly ranked.

instigator
9/22/2010, 05:00 PM
I have bought at the game twice. It wasn't too bad. I've gotten them for around $150/per for lower bowl seats doing that. One other time when we were both in the top 5, I did stubhub because I was skeered to wait. I had to pay almost $300/per for good lower bowl seats. I got to the fair that year and there weren't many for sale. A year like this should be no problem. Just spend some time on the west side of the stadium and hold your hand up.

The rest of time I got the hookup from someone and that is always the best method. :)

Soonerfan88
9/22/2010, 05:04 PM
Folks I sat next to in 2007 said they buy theirs every year from folks in the RV park. Guess some get down there and decide to watch it on TV rather than deal with the crowds/weather/etc.

Flagstaffsooner
9/22/2010, 06:16 PM
Be a beautiful girl with large breasts.

oudavid1
9/22/2010, 06:27 PM
I wouldnt miss it for the world. I get tickets from OU!

Chiliman
9/22/2010, 07:22 PM
I have 2 for sale. Section 134 Row 26

StoopTroup
9/22/2010, 07:45 PM
I have 2 for sale. Section 134 Row 26

Face Value.

PM HIM NOW!

:D

AlbqSooner
9/22/2010, 08:02 PM
Backinaday you could go downtown on Saturday morning, slip the bell captain at the Brown or Adolphus a $5 and he would give you the room numbers of the people who wandered in pig drunk at 6:00 am or so. They were too hungover to make it to the game and I got good tickets for face value that way more than once.

olevetonahill
9/22/2010, 08:06 PM
Well if ya dont want to go to the jail and buy some off some poor fool , And ya dont wanta do the whoring ya can always try this
http://thecurbcrawlers.com/audio/ra/june2009/stickup.jpg

StoopTroup
9/22/2010, 08:14 PM
Any true Landthief knows who to hold up for their tickets. :D

StoopTroup
9/22/2010, 08:15 PM
BTW....what's a brown Adolphus? :D

Soonerntxs
9/22/2010, 08:21 PM
BTW....what's a brown Adolphus? :D

I think someone has seen my Skidmark Artwork, and named IT!:D

AlbqSooner
9/22/2010, 08:21 PM
Very similar to a black Adolphus, but not quite so bitter.

StoopTroup
9/22/2010, 08:32 PM
BTW....if you give plasma all year long you can save up for the RRSO. It's been done before. :D

jXxZ6QcrZDw

ouwasp
9/22/2010, 09:05 PM
I worked with a lady who had a bro-in-law in the state legislature. "Somehow" he had tickets; didn't want to go. Paid face. I got to see the beatdown in '87 that way...

soonerboy_odanorth
9/22/2010, 11:05 PM

Thanks in advance.

You could pay me $2000 apiece ($4000 total) for my rather bad seats.

It's not that I want to scalp you or need the money. It's just that's about what it would take to buy me out of them so that I watch it from the hotel room instead. ;)

In all seriousness, $200 was the going price per ticket from scalpers at kickoff last year.

Breadburner
9/22/2010, 11:38 PM
BTW....if you give plasma all year long you can save up for the RRSO. It's been done before. :D

jXxZ6QcrZDw

I did not know you could donate your teeth too.....

Jello Biafra
9/23/2010, 12:08 AM
man that dude just LOOKED like his breath smelled like chicken fried anus

olevetonahill
9/23/2010, 12:19 AM
Saw a couple on Ebay a tad ago
at 200 per

setem
9/23/2010, 12:23 AM
Does the jail thing really work? My BIL tried it, I think and they told him was nuts if he though he could buy tickets from those who have been jailed.

I have been to Dallas one time for the game but I did not have a ticket. I am 1-0 that way and I think that may be the case this year. Lower Greenville was pretty bad ***. I have a good story about punking hornfans the when we were leaving the bar after the game.

OUMallen
9/23/2010, 09:16 AM
OUInsider messageboard ticekt exchange has treated me well this year, and in the past.

Stubhub destroys everyone on their "commission" and then their "fee". They charge on both ends.

Flagstaffsooner
9/23/2010, 12:39 PM

jXxZ6QcrZDw
All the monery he saves on dental, razorblades and soap go to tickets.:texan:

jumperstop
9/23/2010, 05:02 PM
You could pay me $2000 apiece ($4000 total) for my rather bad seats.

It's not that I want to scalp you or need the money. It's just that's about what it would take to buy me out of them so that I watch it from the hotel room instead. ;)

In all seriousness, $200 was the going price per ticket from scalpers at kickoff last year.

I paid 125 a piece of two tickets last year about 30 min before kickoff. Got in just in time. They weren't together but I just stood in the aisle next to my brother since his was on the end.

StoopTroup
9/23/2010, 05:17 PM
man that dude just LOOKED like his breath smelled like chicken fried anus and CRAB SALAD ! ! !

Fixed :D