PDA

View Full Version : OU/TX Game Watching at which bar?(Dallas)

SeattleOUstudent
9/22/2010, 09:26 AM
Though I live in Dallas, I was curious if anyone has a good bar that they usually watch the OU/TX game at in Dallas. All of the big popular bars ususally get run over with 'sips.

I was considering Frankies in uptown, but that sounds WAY to easy of a UT target.

Thoughts?:pop:

Boomer.....
9/22/2010, 10:25 AM
We have watched the game at Humperdinks in lower Greenville many times and there are probably a little more Sooners than whorns.

Last year we had a hard time finding a bar open before 10 in the west end. We walked forever until someone told us that The House of Blues was open. We found great seats in front of the big screen and had a great time. I would definitely recommend both.

SeattleOUstudent
9/22/2010, 11:38 AM
Suprised that House of Blues wasnt packed...

Boomer.....
9/22/2010, 11:58 AM
It got very packed but wasn't right when we got there. That place is huge!

TexasLidig8r
9/22/2010, 12:05 PM
Victory Plaza last year, put the game on the big screens down there. You can take folding chairs and the adult beverage of your choice and watch it down there.

Heard there was a big crowd last year.

sooner59
9/22/2010, 12:07 PM
Humperdinks in Arlington is advertising in OKC on the Sports Animal as "OU Central" for OU-tx. So I would imagine if you want to be surrounding by only Sooner fans, that might be one to ponder.

StoopTroup
9/22/2010, 12:11 PM
So your in Dallas and just a few blocks from the game and you go to a bar....

Amazing.

EstablishedSooner1967
9/22/2010, 12:22 PM

Amazing.

no kidding... pay the cash go to the game or even why make the trip. stay at a cheep hotel dont go eat use the money for tickets.

Mississippi Sooner
9/22/2010, 12:23 PM

Amazing.

Nobody would answer when he asked where he could get tickets at face value. :D

fwsooner22
9/22/2010, 12:26 PM
There is a beer barn that shows the game inside the fair and being around ** is part of the day......isn't it ?

StoopTroup
9/22/2010, 12:30 PM
There is a beer barn that shows the game inside the fair and being around ** is part of the day......isn't it ?

That's kind of my point....

Go to the Fair....scream at the Gameday Crew and if you can't get a ticket or get someone's ticket to go back in at halftime that is leaving...then go down to Deep Ellum and get yourself an OU tat.

http://vvoice.vo.llnwd.net/e5/deep-ellum-tattoo-artist-beats-ex-wife-with-tattoos.2254872.36.jpg

tfoolry
9/22/2010, 01:09 PM
The MAT (McKinney Avenue Tavern)

Boomer.....
9/22/2010, 01:11 PM
Humperdinks in Arlington is advertising in OKC on the Sports Animal as "OU Central" for OU-tx. So I would imagine if you want to be surrounding by only Sooner fans, that might be one to ponder.

We've been to that Humperdink's on Friday. The Sports Animal broadcasts from there and it is almost all OU fans but it gets very crowded.

StoopTroup
9/22/2010, 01:20 PM
If you just gotta watch the game in Dallas....

We stayed at the Stoneleigh (Stoney for short) on Maple Ave once. That bar RMFO. I got hammered on some great scotch on the rocks and they really fixed the old place up. Really cool place to stay if your looking for a nice place. Take lots of dough though.

http://stoneleighblog.tigglobal.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/patio.jpg

soonerborn30
9/22/2010, 01:24 PM
From what I understand, the West End is pretty pro-Sooner these days. The Cadillac Bar and Gator's were both pretty Sooner heavy last year. Lower Greenville tends to have more * fans, but it was fun none the less.

StoopTroup
9/22/2010, 02:22 PM
That looks like Dean's Cosmo sitting on that table. :D

SeattleOUstudent
9/22/2010, 02:30 PM
no kidding... pay the cash go to the game or even why make the trip. stay at a cheep hotel dont go eat use the money for tickets.

That would be a great idea if the topic of the thread were "Should I just go to the game or go to a bar"....but thank you for your .02.

Seriously though, if I knew I could get 6 tickets together, I might consider it but I know that I cant.

StoopTroup
9/22/2010, 02:32 PM
Sorry. Guess we messed up your thread.

I'll try again....

http://www.kansastravel.org/olathe/08austinsbarandgrill0.JPG

C&CDean
9/22/2010, 03:08 PM
That looks like Dean's Cosmo sitting on that table. :D

No, that's my dirty martuni on the left, and your cosmo on the right.

BigBoomerInBigD
9/22/2010, 03:22 PM
Mmmmmm....dirty martinis

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy281/armychick24/drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

Peach Fuzz
9/22/2010, 03:29 PM
great... look what happened last time we looked past our foe to next week....

AirbOUrne
9/22/2010, 04:23 PM
Addison is always a good choice. Duke's will have an OU tent and the other tent. lot's of tv's and beer. It's a good mix of I'd say 50-50. Also Dinks in Addison. They just opened the Back Nine, which is where Pappa's Pizza used to be. They weren't even open last year but the owners will be sure to have the fences and the tailgate atmosphere. They have done all the other events well. Christy's downtown is mostly saxet fans.

A Sooner in Texas
9/22/2010, 08:29 PM
http://www.ouclubofdallas.com/article.html?aid=121

Couple of bars listed here as watch parties for the OU Club of Dallas.

StoopTroup
9/22/2010, 08:35 PM
No, that's my dirty martuni on the left, and your cosmo on the right.

Did you order popcorn? Also notice that some fatass longwhorn sat on the cement rail and busted it. :D

SeattleOUstudent
9/23/2010, 02:52 PM
Ill talk to the owner of 1st&10. Luckily I work within 400 yards of the place. Ill ask how pro-OU the crowds have been so far this year. Lakewood is a good locale to watch because its a little off the beaten path. Not too many tshirt fans here. Just alumni.

StoopTroup
9/23/2010, 04:31 PM
Maybe if you advertise in the Dallas Morning news that you are throwing an all OU RRSO Partay at the place and that any ut fans that come are welcome as long as they wear their shirts inside out and upside down.

judy
9/23/2010, 05:36 PM
We always watch the game at the Women's Museum of TX. It is in the fairgrounds. They charge a small fee and usually include some drinks and food. They have a huge screen, similar to a movie theater. It is cool, with drinks and a restroom close by. What else could you ask for?

StoopTroup
9/23/2010, 05:47 PM
We always watch the game at the Women's Museum of TX. It is in the fairgrounds. They charge a small fee and usually include some drinks and food. They have a huge screen, similar to a movie theater. It is cool, with drinks and a restroom close by. What else could you ask for?

The Statue out front depicts how Texas Women have always had to deal with a bunch of pricks.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4rqBJWasC30/Sr7uhUN_GPI/AAAAAAAAAzs/sKdxXcc1bjc/s320/Womens+Museum.JPG