PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska leaving Big 12 costs $9 mil

badger
9/21/2010, 04:26 PM
Linky (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=231&articleid=20100921_231_0_LINCOL951565)

Bourbon St Sooner
9/21/2010, 04:40 PM
Nuck Febraska!

CrimsonJim
9/21/2010, 04:40 PM
Buh bye...

humblesooner
9/21/2010, 04:49 PM
I don't see where it cost them anything.
They were due an estimated $19 Million for 2010 and 2011.
They become a B10 member 7/1/11, so they only get $9.255 million from the B12 for 2010.
They will earn $20 Million per year in the B10.
So they actually MAKE an extra $10.25 million in 2011 by being in the B10.

fwsooner22
9/21/2010, 04:51 PM
Yes but they are smarter Now.....don't you see it ?

huskerland
9/21/2010, 04:52 PM
Another link to look at!
Big Ten to make the Huskers whole??? I dunno!
http://www.omaha.com/article/20100921/NEWS01/100929928

SoonerLB
9/21/2010, 04:54 PM
Nuck Febraska!

WELL SAID!!!

badger
9/21/2010, 05:34 PM
Buffy is also trying to finalize their exit strategy

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5600010)

DarrellZero
9/21/2010, 05:46 PM
So is Nebraska poised to become the next:

(a) Ohio State (perennial powerhouse)

(b) Wisconsin (usually good-not-great)

(c) Minnesota (used-to-be great but not anymore)

?

I think (b).

badger
9/21/2010, 05:55 PM
man, Badger bashing is starting to be a part-time gig around here (captial-B, not lowercase... lowercase is full-time here, heh).

Anyway, as I've said earlier in previous Badger bashings, don't bash U-Dub or any other Big Ten mid-major program too much, because we'll all be counting on them to knock tOSU outta the national title race later this season.

Also, as nice as Nebraska fans are, Wisky fans are the opposite. Sit in their student section with an opposing team t-shirt on and you will get serenaded with finger pointing and a--hole chants. In fact, the one game I attended at Camp Randall I was in the upper deck and it happened up there too.

Frozen Sooner
9/21/2010, 06:02 PM
Know what the "N" on the helmet stands for?

sendbaht
9/21/2010, 06:38 PM
I think deep down inside the corns are having 2nd thoughts. They jumped because they thought we were all going to leave, but we didn't now they wish they would have taking more time to think this though. Same with the Buffs. To late now.

Soonerfan88
9/21/2010, 06:47 PM
They become a B10 member 7/1/11, so they only get $9.255 million from the B12 for 2010.

I remember reading somewhere that Neb won't get the full Big10 payout for the 1st couple of years. They may feel a little pinch but not for long.

GimmeRed
9/21/2010, 07:22 PM
I think deep down inside the corns are having 2nd thoughts. They jumped because they thought we were all going to leave, but we didn't now they wish they would have taking more time to think this though. Same with the Buffs. To late now.

I'm not sure what would make you think this. The Big XII has never been a great fit for Nebraska.

Also most aren't confident it will be around long term. Time will tell but I think it will be a very good change.

sendbaht
9/22/2010, 12:15 AM
Well now I know....Thanks

oudavid1
9/22/2010, 01:05 AM
dont let them in the Big 12 championship, what are they gonna do? Leave the conference

KantoSooner
9/22/2010, 07:45 AM
Wasn't the calc that they would owe $20? If so, Mr. Beebe's math just got $10 shorter. Wonder where that shortfall will be made up? Or maybe he's just counting on everybody having forgotten what 'the deal' was.

Soonermagik
9/22/2010, 07:54 AM
Wasn't the calc that they would owe $20? If so, Mr. Beebe's math just got $10 shorter. Wonder where that shortfall will be made up? Or maybe he's just counting on everybody having forgotten what 'the deal' was.

I think he was figuring in Colorado leaving too. Has anyone heard when Colorado is for sure leaving?

Soonerntxs
9/22/2010, 08:16 AM
I think he was figuring in Colorado leaving too. Has anyone heard when Colorado is for sure leaving?

Thru 2011 at last tell on the BIG 12 Blog.:confused: But who knows until it is a done.

Thanks Badj,

badger
9/22/2010, 08:25 AM

Someone already said it, but they aren't actually paying anything, but rather, the Big 12 is withholding revenues that they would be due. That's where the $9 mil comes from.

As for the $20 mil that Big Ten teams receive annually... Nebraska is not entitled to full payment immediately, as someone else already said, but it's worth saying again.

Ja, I think the original figure was just above $19 mil, but this is a settlement, rather than what the teams originally signed to.

More on the Buffs, who will lose an estimated $8 mil, here. (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5601601)

goingoneight
9/22/2010, 08:27 AM
Ripping on them for getting off a sinking ship? The only thing that's funny is how Cal bent CU over the other night. Proves Hawkins is a bad fit there, too.

royalfan5
9/22/2010, 08:27 AM

No, NU is pretty much can't wait to be in the Big 10. We have awesome new rivals, and never have to go to Lubbock. What is not to love about that?

TexasLidig8r
9/22/2010, 08:36 AM
I'm not sure what would make you think this. The Big XII has never been a great fit for Nebraska.

What crap!

It was an ideal fit for Nebbish. Academics has never been a big deal for them. Geographically and historically, it was perfect.

The ONLY thing that was not a great fit was the fact that Texas consistently and repeatedly ripped their still beating hearts out of their chests, stir fryed it, and served it up to the Bugeaters while it was still beating.

At least Nebbish can start accepting their partial and non-qualifiers again. The Big 10/11/12/whatever doesn't have the restrictions on partial qualifiers.

badger
9/22/2010, 08:46 AM
Academics has never been a big deal for them.

Some teams post the names of OU All-Americans on their stadiums. Nebraska posted this.
(http://home.earthlink.net/~cbilder/images/memorial_stadium_150.jpg)

(the image is huge, so I won't subject the board to it)

Academics were a very, very big deal to them.

RedstickSooner
9/22/2010, 08:47 AM
I can't begin to express how much I hate the fact that Nebbish got to join, and we didn't.

Facing the "daunting" Big-10 conference every season would be any good team's wet dream.

I doubt Nebbish will have much trouble staying competitive in the Big 10. Only downside (for them) could be if Nebbish draws a lot of players from traditional Big-12 states (i.e. Tejas). Have no idea what their recruiting is like -- anyone else know?

KantoSooner
9/22/2010, 09:09 AM
Ja, I think the original figure was just above $19 mil, but this is a settlement, rather than what the teams originally signed to.

here. (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5601601)

That's kind of my point: Beebe predicated his 'deal' on the $20 and now we are not going to see that. Foreseeable? Of course. Any adult who's engaged in selling a used car knew the first price was not going to be the last price. Mr. Beebe, however, based his deal on that first number. He had BS called on him repeatedly at that time. And now its come to pass.
I'm not even particularly upset; that it played out this way should, however, be noted in a "Yep, kids, we not only got gamed, but we gamed ourselves and KNEW we were gaming ourselves as we did it" kind of way.

Human beings are extraordinarily entertaining.

MeMyself&Me
9/22/2010, 09:18 AM
What crap!

It was an ideal fit for Nebbish. Academics has never been a big deal for them. Geographically and historically, it was perfect.

The ONLY thing that was not a great fit was the fact that Texas consistently and repeatedly ripped their still beating hearts out of their chests, stir fryed it, and served it up to the Bugeaters while it was still beating.

At least Nebbish can start accepting their partial and non-qualifiers again. The Big 10/11/12/whatever doesn't have the restrictions on partial qualifiers.

Are we just a BIT over sensitive that a school doesn't like being associated with Texas?

HuskerfaninOkieland
9/22/2010, 10:16 AM
What crap!

That's funny!! :D :D

Academics have ALWAYS been huge for Nebraska. Geographically, the Big 10 is on par with the Big 12. Academically, the Big 10 is far better than the Big 12. Financially, the Big 10 is far better than the Big 12. Historically, the Big 10 is better than the Big 12. And if you want to debate who is the stronger conference: Big 10 or Big 12, do some research and you'll find both are equal.

The only thing NU is losing is the traditional games we've had for so many decades but that went out the door when the Big 8 evolved into the Big 12.

humblesooner
9/22/2010, 10:56 AM
Still don't see where it cost them $9 Million to leave. Even if they don't get the full $20 million for a year or two, they still get paid by the B10 in 2011.
So at worst, they will break even (Lose $9 million from the B12 and gain $9 Million from the B10).

TexasLidig8r
9/22/2010, 12:12 PM
Some teams post the names of OU All-Americans on their stadiums. Nebraska posted this.
(http://home.earthlink.net/~cbilder/images/memorial_stadium_150.jpg)

(the image is huge, so I won't subject the board to it)

Academics were a very, very big deal to them.

Please.... :rolleyes:

Getting good grades at nebbish is like being the blue ribbon winner in the triple amputee hopscotch race at the School for the Mentally Unbalanced.

Wake me up when they even start to sniff Tier 1 status.

And.. I certainly don't mind nebbish leaving. In fact, buh bye and thank you for all those victories you provided to my school. And, if you are leaving for greater academic resources and additional funding... good for you and I congratulate you.

But..the constant whining from Osborne about "Texas has taken over the conference.. Texas is too strong... Texas gets everything they want.. Texas screwed us about the Prop 48 athletes. blah blah blah blah."

Grow a sack for the love of God and either work harder and/or smarter to overcome that "perception" that Texas controls or leave and don't whine.

soonerscuba
9/22/2010, 12:21 PM
Wake me up when they even start to sniff Tier 1 status.They are tier 1, as is OU.

MeMyself&Me
9/22/2010, 01:28 PM
They are tier 1, as is OU.

Whorens don't let facts get in the way of academic smack on a FOOTBALL forum. :rolleyes:

pilobolus
9/22/2010, 02:53 PM

As usual a :texan: is full of ****. Last I checked Nebraska was 1-1 against :texan: in Big 12 championship games.

TexasLidig8r
9/22/2010, 03:14 PM
As usual a :texan: is full of ****. Last I checked Nebraska was 1-1 against :texan: in Big 12 championship games.

Oh.. sometimes it is soooooooooooo easy.

Let's review mkay Punkin ?

There was the Inaugural (that means first) Big XII Champeenship game...

Do you remember... this play????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igWLuCfPnc4

Texas 1 Bugmunchers 0

Then there was the beating in San Antonio which brought us the infamous intertubz story about the UT alum playing golf, drinking to excess, playing flip phone airline tix reservation, getting drunk at the game, driving back to Austin and watching the Texas - Az game. A classic.

Texas 1 Bugmunchers 1

Then.. there was the Pelini whine fest from last December...

Texas 2 Bugmunchers 1

Then there have been 6 regular season games.. including that day in Lincoln when Nebbish had won, what 47 straight home games and then.. DOH.. another loss to Texas. In fact.. let's see.. . hmmm, oh that's right, Nebish hasn't won any regular season games against Texas since the Big XII started.

As for being Tier 1, any and all scholarly journals and ranking systems disagree. But.. whatever.

Peach Fuzz
9/22/2010, 03:41 PM
Hey lid, stfu with your condescending bullsh*t... you sound like a little boy scout trying to prove why your popcorn is better than troop 301.

In fact.. let's see.. hmmm... spit the facts out stop acting like a tool

ty and buh bye :)

GimmeRed
9/22/2010, 03:57 PM
What crap!

Dream on little whorn prick!

Now go away and let the grownups talk.

Herr Scholz
9/22/2010, 04:06 PM
I doubt Nebbish will have much trouble staying competitive in the Big 10. Only downside (for them) could be if Nebbish draws a lot of players from traditional Big-12 states (i.e. Tejas). Have no idea what their recruiting is like -- anyone else know?
Their last few classes have been around 1/3 from Texas (around 30 players each year if I remember correctly). I doubt they'll keep that up going to play in the Midwest but it shouldn't be that big of a deal. They've always been able to recruit nationally like OU.

Husker In Oklahoma
9/22/2010, 04:30 PM
What crap!

It was a great fit? Really? The big 12 killed our natural rival (OU). Texas also tried in vein to kill or curtail NU's walk-on program, allowed no more prop 48's (specifically aimed at Nebraska), and will not share equal revenue. Hell, the Big 8-12 offices were even relocated to where else, Texas. I truly wonder how OU fans would have felt if the Big 12 merger had killed thier Texas series to every other 2 years? Pretty much everything has tilted to the South since the Big 12 was formed.

BTW, of the prop 48's NU used to take (usually 2-3 per year), 95% of them went on to graduate. Academics is fairly a big deal up there. Obviously, you are not aware.

MeMyself&Me
9/22/2010, 04:34 PM
Obviously, you are not aware.

Obvious? I can tell you they're pretty clueless as to what goes on outside the state of Tejas.

texaspokieokie
9/22/2010, 04:37 PM
scholz & lid need to post their neb crap on a neb or horn board. OU doesn't need it.

i've always had more respect for neb than tx, & i live in tx.

MeMyself&Me
9/22/2010, 04:37 PM
As for being Tier 1, any and all scholarly journals and ranking systems disagree. But.. whatever.

Look what google turned up:

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/lincoln-ne/university-of-nebraska-2565

Says Tier 1.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/norman-ok/university-of-oklahoma-3184

Also says Tier 1. But.. whatever.

Husker In Oklahoma
9/22/2010, 04:42 PM
Obvious? I can tell you they're pretty clueless as to what goes on outside the state of Tejas.

And the thing that really p***** me off is they SUCKED and had SUCKED for the better part of 20 years before the Big 8 saved thier nads. I effin hate the puke orange bastards!!

TexasLidig8r
9/22/2010, 06:04 PM
It was a great fit? Really? The big 12 killed our natural rival (OU). Texas also tried in vein to kill or curtail NU's walk-on program, allowed no more prop 48's (specifically aimed at Nebraska),

The majority of the Big XII schools voted to not allow Prop 48 casualties

and will not share equal revenue.

Nebraska also voted for unequal revenue sharing,

Hell, the Big 8-12 offices were even relocated to where else, Texas.

Again, by a majority vote of the Big 12 universities.

I truly wonder how OU fans would have felt if the Big 12 merger had killed thier Texas series to every other 2 years? Pretty much everything has tilted to the South since the Big 12 was formed.

Again, these things happened by a majority voting. In fact, in the lastest vote, to keep the Big XII championship game at the Deathstar for the next 3 years, the vote was 11 -1. Want to know who the one vote was?

BTW, of the prop 48's NU used to take (usually 2-3 per year), 95% of them went on to graduate. Academics is fairly a big deal up there. Obviously, you are not aware.

I am very much aware. Again though, I could go into quality of education but what's the point?

Enjoy the Midwest. Thank you for the 8 -1 record. :D

olevetonahill
9/22/2010, 06:19 PM
Yall must like being sucked in by :texan:s who GAS. what they think ?
If you ignore em they WILL go away .;)

Husker In Oklahoma
9/22/2010, 08:17 PM
I am very much aware. Again though, I could go into quality of education but what's the point?

Enjoy the Midwest. Thank you for the 8 -1 record. :D

Your right, those votes were usually 11-1. Look at the Big 12 now, due to puke orange. It is in the shambles. Texass and its bitches. A freaking shame!! The Big 12 or whatever it will be called has been ruined. Osborne tried to tell anyone who would listen in 1994, no one would. Now look at it.

BTW, you earned EACH ONE OF THOSE 8 WINS. All 8, less 2003, could have easily went the other way. Enjoy your 3 National Championships.

King Barry's Back
9/22/2010, 08:48 PM
What crap!

Lid, I hate to agree with you, but I think you are on to something.

FaninAma
9/22/2010, 08:54 PM
What crap!

If I were a Husker fan I would be thanking the football gods that
Tom Osborne got us out of a zombie conference controlled by its
voo-doo master down in Austin.

I can think of no negatives in leaving the Big 12. You can't put a price
on being in conference free from Texas' huge influence.

FaninAma
9/22/2010, 08:57 PM
And the thing that really p***** me off is they SUCKED and had SUCKED for the better part of 20 years before the Big 8 saved thier nads. I effin hate the puke orange bastards!!

You've only put up with them for a decade and a half. We've had to
endure their insufferable arrogance for a century.

StoopTroup
9/22/2010, 09:00 PM
Watching the whorns and the quitters argue on a Sooner Board is quite amusing.

Husker In Oklahoma
9/23/2010, 06:11 AM
You've only put up with them for a decade and a half. We've had to
endure their insufferable arrogance for a century.

Yes, but only in the confrence for the same amount of time. Prior to that, you guys controlled weather you were playing or not. Been a good fit for you guys. NU doesn't need Texas to survive and thrive. Still cannot believe the Big 12 got rid of the best, most on the line college football rivalry ever, OU/NU. Does that really make sence to anyone at all? It's like cancelling tOSU/UM. Butt stupid. Whoever even suggested such should have been crucified for even suggesting as much, let alone ever passing. Still blows me away.

To me, it just sucks that there were not more teams in this confrence with some nads to step up with NU and challenge Texas in terms of the confrence and how it was run. Whatever Texas set forth, went, usually 11-1. Its just like everone just wilted under thier influence, thinking, well, they pay the bills with thier 24 million population, we better do what they say or they will take all thier population and leave.

TexasLidig8r
9/23/2010, 08:14 AM
Yes, but only in the confrence for the same amount of time. Prior to that, you guys controlled weather you were playing or not. Been a good fit for you guys. NU doesn't need Texas to survive and thrive. Still cannot believe the Big 12 got rid of the best, most on the line college football rivalry ever, OU/NU. Does that really make sence to anyone at all? It's like cancelling tOSU/UM. Butt stupid. Whoever even suggested such should have been crucified for even suggesting as much, let alone ever passing. Still blows me away.

To me, it just sucks that there were not more teams in this confrence with some nads to step up with NU and challenge Texas in terms of the confrence and how it was run. Whatever Texas set forth, went, usually 11-1. Its just like everone just wilted under thier influence, thinking, well, they pay the bills with thier 24 million population, we better do what they say or they will take all thier population and leave.

And, despite the fact that you contributed greatly to our win total, you epitomize the reasons why we aren't sad to see you go.

If you were to simply say, "the Big 10/11/whatever afforded us greater opportunities." we'd say, congratulations and best of luck in your future endeavors.

If you were to simply say, "the Big 10/11/whatever afforded us greater financial opportunities, both short term and long term." we'd say, congratulations and best of luck in your future endeavors.

But... you aren't.

You ARE saying, "We can't compete with Texas off the field, they are too strong and well connected, they out maneuvered us in the board room, they turned all of our rival schools against us, they're mean and horrible and arrogant and they wouldn't let us play our functioning illiterates and we lose to them all the time so... we're taking our toys and going to play with the nicer kids down the street!

That's why we make fun of you and ridicule Osborne. (well, that and your atrocious spelling)

This ain't college football in the 70s and 80s. Your admins wanted to hold on to the naive vision that college football in the new century was Pleasantville. It isn't cob head. It's huge business. It's television sets, and changing demographics and corporate sponsorships, and television ratings and individual networks and multi-million dollar contracts and donations. It some ways it is unfortunate.

If you seriously think the Big 10/11/whatever doesn't know this, you and your admins are incredibly naive. You really think the Ohio States and Meatchickens are going to let you stroll in and compete equally? Grow up Skippy. Your television revenue isn't equal in the first few years and the schedule they fed you next year wasn't designed to welcome you lovingly.

Buckle your chin strap.

pilobolus
9/23/2010, 09:18 AM
*yawn*

Bourbon St Sooner
9/23/2010, 09:48 AM
Hey lid, stfu with your condescending bullsh*t... you sound like a little boy scout trying to prove why your popcorn is better than troop 301.

In fact.. let's see.. hmmm... spit the facts out stop acting like a tool

ty and buh bye :)

You're talking about a whorn here. Condescension and arrogance are two of their better inherent character traits.

Oh, and Nuck Febraska!

TheHumanAlphabet
9/23/2010, 10:27 AM
I fully expected to see more money in penalties from Nebbish and Fluffs. With so low a payment who wouldn't bolt???

Pricetag
9/23/2010, 02:27 PM
Still cannot believe the Big 12 got rid of the best, most on the line college football rivalry ever, OU/NU. Does that really make sence to anyone at all? It's like cancelling tOSU/UM. Butt stupid. Whoever even suggested such should have been crucified for even suggesting as much, let alone ever passing. Still blows me away.
I think things would have been different had we not already been mediocre and started our descent into downright suckage when the Big 12 formed. Colorado had already moved into that big rival spot with you guys the last few years of the Big 8. It was a shame, but not all Texas's fault, I don't think.

Captain Cob Mob
9/23/2010, 02:52 PM
And, despite the fact that you contributed greatly to our win total, you epitomize the reasons why we aren't sad to see you go.

If you were to simply say, "the Big 10/11/whatever afforded us greater opportunities." we'd say, congratulations and best of luck in your future endeavors.

If you were to simply say, "the Big 10/11/whatever afforded us greater financial opportunities, both short term and long term." we'd say, congratulations and best of luck in your future endeavors.

But... you aren't.

You ARE saying, "We can't compete with Texas off the field, they are too strong and well connected, they out maneuvered us in the board room, they turned all of our rival schools against us, they're mean and horrible and arrogant and they wouldn't let us play our functioning illiterates and we lose to them all the time so... we're taking our toys and going to play with the nicer kids down the street!

That's why we make fun of you and ridicule Osborne. (well, that and your atrocious spelling)

This ain't college football in the 70s and 80s. Your admins wanted to hold on to the naive vision that college football in the new century was Pleasantville. It isn't cob head. It's huge business. It's television sets, and changing demographics and corporate sponsorships, and television ratings and individual networks and multi-million dollar contracts and donations. It some ways it is unfortunate.

If you seriously think the Big 10/11/whatever doesn't know this, you and your admins are incredibly naive. You really think the Ohio States and Meatchickens are going to let you stroll in and compete equally? Grow up Skippy. Your television revenue isn't equal in the first few years and the schedule they fed you next year wasn't designed to welcome you lovingly.

Buckle your chin strap.

And despite all this b.s. you just wrote, you're angry. UT and it's fans are mad that NU just took the legs out from under your golden empire you'd spent 14+ years building for yourselves. Mack Brown said himself, "The Big 12 can not exist without Nebraska." That was of course before we actually showed the stones to head off to greener pastures.

And hey, we did it at more than 50% off the average UT fan's intellectual estimates....

CrimsonJim
9/23/2010, 03:20 PM
Yall must like being sucked in by :texan:s who GAS. what they think ?
If you ignore em they WILL go away .;)

This! ^^^

Seriously ppl, you fall into their trap all too often. While we welcome and enjoy any intelligent, cordial football conversation from opposing fans, this is not what they (:texan:) bring to the table. Ignore their BS and they will either learn to be respectful or go away - either way it's a win win situation for us. Please...think about it. :cool:

Husker In Oklahoma
9/23/2010, 04:35 PM
I think things would have been different had we not already been mediocre and started our descent into downright suckage when the Big 12 formed. Colorado had already moved into that big rival spot with you guys the last few years of the Big 8. It was a shame, but not all Texas's fault, I don't think.

That really is irrelevant if OU was down when the Big 12 formed. Pretty much all teams have periods of "down time". Halting a storied rivalry like OU/NU was complete stupidity. Everyone knew OU would be back when they were down, same as NU.
Sure, its about money, but there was enough money for all to share equally without having to steal from the lesser Universities. Greed is what Texas is all about, and it shows now that they utterly ruined the Big 12.

StoopTroup
9/23/2010, 04:37 PM
I gave up on the whorns a long time ago.

stoopified
9/23/2010, 04:50 PM
Going from a conference where they were third in the pecking order to a conference where they will be no better than fourth behind TOSU,Mich,and PS is a REAL good move. Buh by

StoopTroup
9/23/2010, 06:47 PM
There's at least one thing I'll miss about Nebraska....

http://blog.betvega.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/melissa1.jpg

olevetonahill
9/23/2010, 07:17 PM

I miss her already :mad:

StoopTroup
9/23/2010, 07:18 PM
Her little nickname for me is "Big Red".

CrimsonJim
9/23/2010, 07:49 PM

I see a couple of things I'm gonna miss...

49r
9/23/2010, 07:53 PM

Her name is MelissaMidwest, she does "amateur" porn. In Lincoln. Don't ask how I know, and don't google her unless you have your safesearch filter set to "off", you're very alone, in a very dark room...
:hot: :pop:

StoopTroup
9/23/2010, 07:57 PM
She served me birthday cake on my birthday.

huskerland
9/23/2010, 09:57 PM

To me, it just sucks that there were not more teams in this confrence with some nads to step up with NU and challenge Texas in terms of the confrence and how it was run. Whatever Texas set forth, went, usually 11-1. Its just like everone just wilted under thier influence, thinking, well, they pay the bills with thier 24 million population, we better do what they say or they will take all thier population and leave. you guys controlled weather you were playing or not.

Sorry: I couldnt resist. They controlled the weather too??