PDA

View Full Version : Longest current running home-feild winning streak.

Rocko
9/21/2010, 12:23 PM
I thought it belonged to us, but what about Boise's 44?

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_/id/13316/oregon-states-got-the-blues

Seamus
9/21/2010, 12:29 PM
I think Boise tries to include a Humanitarian Bowl victory that the NCAA doesn't recognize as a home win.

Peach Fuzz
9/21/2010, 12:36 PM
whats a feild? anyway seamus is talking about a humanitarian bowl loss a few years back that they arent trying to count as a home loss

rawlingsHOH
9/21/2010, 12:41 PM
They lost a home Bowl Game, to Boston College, that they try to discount. But the NCAA counts it!

Peach Fuzz
9/21/2010, 12:44 PM
Lets just say if OU had a bowl game in Norman and lost, Everyone on earth would tell us that it counts.... hey boise fugg off

badger
9/21/2010, 01:05 PM
I think Boise tries to include a Humanitarian Bowl victory that the NCAA doesn't recognize as a home win.

Yeah, like everyone else is saying, it's the opposite - Boise is trying to NOT include a home turf bowl loss, while the NCAA does count home turf bowls in streaks (like Miami's did at its Orange Bowl).

If we could exclude a home turf loss like Boise, we could say that we haven't lost at home since 2001... if we could include two home turf losses like Boise will as soon as they lose again, we could say that Stoops has never lost at Owen Field. If we could include three home turf losses like Boise will after they lose twice at home this season, Humanitarian Bowl included, we could say that Stoops has negative-one home losses at Owen Field.

Did I go one too far? Sorry :cool:

bent rider
9/21/2010, 02:08 PM
Aside from that bowl game what teams have they played at home?? Yawn.
Sooners don't need a gimmicky field color. Here's what a red field looks like - yechhh

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Red-Alert-Eastern-Washington-s-scarlet-field-of?urn=ncaaf-270513

texaspokieokie
9/21/2010, 02:09 PM
who cares

Mississippi Sooner
9/21/2010, 02:11 PM
Seems like this is just another of the ways ESPN is trying to push Boise to the moon. I noticed that they also mentioned the 44 game streak on Gameday last Saturday.

badger
9/21/2010, 02:21 PM
Seems like this is just another of the ways ESPN is trying to push Boise to the moon. I noticed that they also mentioned the 44 game streak on Gameday last Saturday.

Not to bash any particular posters here or anything, but just last week there were complaints that they were featuring the SEC too much with College Gameday, and now that they go to a site that isn't SEC, despite there being Bammer and Arkie this Saturday, the anti-ESPN talk continues.

Yes, I hate Boise, but till they lose, there will be no silencing the Boise talk. We had the chance to shut them up in 2007 and failed. Oregon had that chance in 2009 and failed. TCU had a chance in 2010 and failed. Virginia Tech... nevermind.

We shouldn't worry about ESPN not shutting up, but rather, Boise. Boise needs to be shut the eff up! Someone beat them already!!!!!!

Peach Fuzz
9/21/2010, 02:25 PM
I really don't dislike them, hell anyone that is a college football fan in general should like them. What gets most people is the love affair they get when they do beat someone worth a crap. We get it they're good... move along.

BoulderSooner79
9/21/2010, 02:42 PM
Our home winning streak and over-all home record is certainly boosted by playing the horns in Dallas. (Boosts the horns home record as well). I love the streak and even if we counted the times we wear red jerseys as home, Stoops record is still impressive. But the streak itself is a bit over-stated if we are honest about it.

85sooners
9/21/2010, 02:51 PM
**** off bozo st

rawlingsHOH
9/21/2010, 02:59 PM
Our home winning streak and over-all home record is certainly boosted by playing the horns in Dallas. (Boosts the horns home record as well). I love the streak and even if we counted the times we wear red jerseys as home, Stoops record is still impressive. But the streak itself is a bit over-stated if we are honest about it.
00 beat them anyway
02 beat them anyway
04 beat them anyway
06 lost a moderately close game
08 lost a close one

My hunch is we win both the 06 and 08 games, if played in Norman. So I really don't think playing them in Dallas has helped our home record any, thus far.

salth2o
9/21/2010, 03:02 PM
I really don't dislike them,

Yeah me either....I fuggin HATE them.

rawlingsHOH
9/21/2010, 03:03 PM
Not to bash any particular posters here or anything, but just last week there were complaints that they were featuring the SEC too much with College Gameday, and now that they go to a site that isn't SEC, despite there being Bammer and Arkie this Saturday, the anti-ESPN talk continues.

Yes, I hate Boise, but till they lose, there will be no silencing the Boise talk. We had the chance to shut them up in 2007 and failed. Oregon had that chance in 2009 and failed. TCU had a chance in 2010 and failed. Virginia Tech... nevermind.

We shouldn't worry about ESPN not shutting up, but rather, Boise. Boise needs to be shut the eff up! Someone beat them already!!!!!!
TCU got them in 2008. They also got beat at Washington, the year prior. They don't have many wins on the road vs BCS teams.

rawlingsHOH
9/21/2010, 03:12 PM
Since 2002 (as far back as the ESPN.com schedules go) Boise has played 6 road games against BCS conference schools. They are 1-5 in those 6 games.

02 @ Arkansas LOSS
03 @ Oregon State LOSS
05 @ Georgia LOSS
05 @ Oregon State LOSS
07 @ Washington LOSS
08 @ Oregon WIN

Pretty impressive stuff, for sure.

SoonerShay
9/21/2010, 03:23 PM
Since 2002 (as far back as the ESPN.com schedules go) Boise has played 6 road games against BCS conference schools. They are 1-5 in those 6 games.

02 @ Arkansas LOSS
03 @ Oregon State LOSS
05 @ Georgia LOSS
05 @ Oregon State LOSS
07 @ Washington LOSS
08 @ Oregon WIN

Pretty impressive stuff, for sure.

I'll add some for you...

01 @ S.Carolina LOSS
00 @ Arkansas LOSS
00 @ Washington State LOSS

They have 1 road win over a BCS team and 2 neutral site wins over BCS teams. Oregon, Vtech, and Us. It is amazing how much hype they get for how little they have actually done.

primetime43
9/21/2010, 03:48 PM
I'll add some for you...

01 @ S.Carolina LOSS
00 @ Arkansas LOSS
00 @ Washington State LOSS

They have 1 road win over a BCS team and 2 neutral site wins over BCS teams. Oregon, Vtech, and Us. It is amazing how much hype they get for how little they have actually done.

We can thank the loss in the Fiesta for all this hype.

noobalicious
9/21/2010, 03:58 PM
Yeah, add to all that the fact that Boise was trying to organize a home-and-home with Nebraska but was demanding at least a $1 MIL fee.

If you see yourself as a national power now, then suck it up and play some good teams in your non-conference schedule.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/21/2010, 04:04 PM
We can thank the loss in the Fiesta for all this hype.

I am pretty sure that the Boise cheerleader **** magic fairy dust after the proposal, so next time that we play the bad guy in a Walt Disney movie, I suggest that we figure out how to kill the ****ing unicorns first.

badger
9/21/2010, 06:03 PM
TCU got them in 2008. They also got beat at Washington, the year prior. They don't have many wins on the road vs BCS teams.

Just winning doesn't matter. It has to be on a big stage versus a legit opponent. A sh!t-tier bowl does NOT count.

(and yes, it was sh!t tier. It's second fiddle in San Diego to the Holiday Bowl, which used to poke fun of texas for their frequent trips there)

As for Warsh, nobody has confused them with a legit BCS opponent for years... as much fun as it was to visit Seattle a few years ago.

PS: Third Knee, you make me blush :P

BoulderSooner79
9/21/2010, 06:16 PM
00 beat them anyway
02 beat them anyway
04 beat them anyway
06 lost a moderately close game
08 lost a close one

My hunch is we win both the 06 and 08 games, if played in Norman. So I really don't think playing them in Dallas has helped our home record any, thus far.

Could be, but no way to know without that redo button.

Mike@DW
9/21/2010, 07:58 PM

I completely agree.

It is a great streak and proud of it but something is taken away from it that our toughest opponent, year in and year out, is played at a neutral site and a loss can't tarnish that record. Even if we played half of the Texas games from the last few years at home, I feel we would have lost one of them

is there another program that plays their biggest, generally toughest game away from home every year? Just curious?

CarolinaSoonerFan
9/21/2010, 08:06 PM
I completely agree.

It is a great streak and proud of it but something is taken away from it that our toughest opponent, year in and year out, is played at a neutral site and a loss can't tarnish that record. Even if we played half of the Texas games from the last few years at home, I feel we would have lost one of them

is there another program that plays their biggest, generally toughest game away from home every year? Just curious?

Yep, Texas!

CarolinaSoonerFan
9/21/2010, 08:08 PM
I think the Georgia vs Florida is usually played in Jacksonville...I could be wrong about that one though

JLEW1818
9/21/2010, 08:08 PM
correct

rawlingsHOH
9/21/2010, 08:10 PM
I completely agree.

06 and 08 were the only two possibilities... and I like OU's chances in Norman.

MeMyself&Me
9/21/2010, 09:51 PM
Yep, Texas!

I think the Georgia vs Florida is usually played in Jacksonville...I could be wrong about that one though

And OU's home winning streak is longer than theirs. ;)

Octavian
9/21/2010, 10:28 PM
The neutral site RRS has benefited Texas in the Stoops-Brown era. Maybe, maybe lose in 2006...definitely not 2008.

Miami's 58 home game winning streak includes their bowl wins at the Orange Bowl -- including once over OU and seven or eight or nine times against Nebraska. Boise State needs to stop acting small-time about that.

Thirty-three in a row of anything is outstanding. The average margin of victory during OU's streak is video game stuff -- blowout victories nearly across the board. If it was that easy, Florida and Texas should be right there with us.

JLEW1818
9/21/2010, 10:32 PM
we would have won in 2006 at home.

Kolt's freshman year

Octavian
9/21/2010, 10:41 PM
yeah prolly so

we're very close to having a 71 game winning streak...it's a 12 year trend

StoopTroup
9/21/2010, 11:01 PM
I thought it belonged to us, but what about Boise's 44?

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_/id/13316/oregon-states-got-the-blues

What's a "Home-feild''?

Is that blue or green? :D

BoulderSooner79
9/21/2010, 11:03 PM
Goes back to knowing the unknowable (which this board seems to know). Different venue, different game. The first play call that varies from what *would* have happened in Dallas changes the rest of the game. Maybe we win at home in '06 or maybe we get clobbered because AD and PT go down in the 1st quarter. Same for every other year (except '00 and '03 which would have required the law of physics to be repealed for us to lose). But in general, our home record and the horns home record are going to be better by not playing each other at home.

rawlingsHOH
9/21/2010, 11:05 PM
Let common sense prevail.

BoulderSooner79
9/21/2010, 11:15 PM
But in general, our home record and the horns home record are going to be better by not playing each other at home.

Let common sense prevail.

Thank-you. Rest my case.