PDA

View Full Version : I just got my t a&m tickets?????

Soonerntxs
9/21/2010, 11:51 AM
Section 524 from the OU ticket office

BUT, I can't find a hotel/motel room anywhere!

If anyone has a hookup on a motel/hotel please let me know.

Me & my better .5 are going & need 1 rm. check in ont the 6th out on the 7th

Also, any SF.com tailgater's planning anything in aggieland?

Thanks,

badger
9/21/2010, 11:56 AM
Sleep on the grass after leaving your hat on for the entire midnight yell, which you yelled "Boomer Sooner!" during its entirety.

If anyone tells you that the grass is a war memorial, remind them that you are a two percenter and they will understand.

:D

soonerboy_odanorth
9/21/2010, 12:14 PM
Not to one up you... but I just got my OU-Texas tickets.

Okay... I take it back. I am trying to one up you. :D

mikee likee
9/21/2010, 12:17 PM
home of blue bell and not that much of a drive.

Soonerntxs
9/21/2010, 12:19 PM

But can you top this: I also got my BAYLOR tickets! HA! Stick that in your pipe and smokeit!:D

:pop:

CaliBornSoonerBred
9/21/2010, 01:29 PM
There's almost NOWHERE to get a hotel in College Station on game weekends. I've thought about renting out my extra room to the SF'er with the highest bid heh. Look at the surrounding towns such as Navasota, Hearne, Calvert, Brenham, or even Waco. The drive may be a little bit but even the dive places here charge well over $150 a night during game weekends.

As far as tailgaiting, I know some damn good people who just happen to be aggs and they have a pretty good tailgate with spectacular food and a 10 min walk to Kyle Field. I've spoken to the guy who runs it and he's said to invite all you knuckleheads on down to eat ribs, burgers, brisket and drink beer for the game. If anyone else on here is wanting to get their own tailgate going, I'm sure we can get a good sized group off just here to get it going.

If anyone else has any questions about this hellhole I live in known as aggieland, just holler or dm me and I'll let you know or help out where I can.

yermom
9/21/2010, 02:02 PM
i generally stay in Dallas. it sucks for the early/late games though

yukonsooner
9/21/2010, 02:05 PM
I made reservations during the summer at a Best Western in Franklin, Texas, about 40 min north of Bryan/College Station.

btk108
9/21/2010, 03:17 PM
But can you top this: I also got my BAYLOR tickets!

The only person who's thrilled about Baylor tickets is SicEm....they're kinda a "meh" thing :D

humblesooner
9/21/2010, 03:21 PM
Just be sure to stop and get beer before you head to the game.
I walked around for an hour once trying to find a beer.
Ended up buying a 12 pack in a liquor store.
They do not sell on every street corner like in Norman.

humblesooner
9/21/2010, 03:25 PM

Thanks,

There are two Little Elm's in Texas.
One near Frisco and one east fo Waco.
If you live in the second one, you are probably banned from this board forever. :D

Phil
9/21/2010, 04:01 PM
La Quinta in Huntsville has worked for me in a pinch before. Usually we just stay in Houston, though. If you want a room in College Station, you need to make your reservations in February or March, at the latest. We've stayed at the infamous Ramada Inn College Station a couple of times that way.

Soonerntxs
9/21/2010, 05:10 PM
The only person who's thrilled about Baylor tickets is SicEm....they're kinda a "meh" thing :D

It is the only game my entire family can afford to go to, so we make it a family event:D "If your family reunion is at the Baylor Game each year? I may just be a REDBLOODEDSOONERFANATIC!" ;)

NOW THIS IS A ONE UP!:eek:

Soonerntxs
9/21/2010, 05:12 PM
There are two Little Elm's in Texas.
One near Frisco and one east fo Waco.
If you live in the second one, you are probably banned from this board forever. :D

Near Frisco and only hours from the Okla. Line:D

JLEW1818
9/21/2010, 07:08 PM
I'm in section 102

I'm probably just gonna stay with friends and save!

A Sooner in Texas
9/21/2010, 07:18 PM

Thanks,

It's not going to be easy to find a room, not only because of the game, but also because of the Texas Renaissance Festival, which isn't too far away and is the biggest Ren Fest in the U.S. It's really a lot of fun, so you ought to try and stop by.
Check out hotels/motels in Montgomery County...we're about 75 miles from Colley Station and a pretty easy drive - IF you start early enough. Might be your best bet to check out rooms in Montgomery, Conroe, maybe even The Woodlands and Shenandoah. Good luck!

JLEW1818
9/21/2010, 07:27 PM
here is a view from seat thingy

https://www.12thmanfoundation.com/virtual/home.swf

btk108
9/21/2010, 08:15 PM
I'm in section 102

friends? you have friends?

setem
9/21/2010, 08:23 PM
I like to type it aTm it looks pretty good that way!

Think anyone will be selling them on the cheap outside of the stadium?

SunnySooner
9/21/2010, 09:14 PM
hotels.com had this room in Hearne, about 25 miles away. Good luck!!

Budgetel Inn and Suites Hearne (http://www.hotels.com/hotel/details.html?pa=4&pn=0&ps=4&?reviewOrder=date_newest_first&roomno=1&departureDate=11-07-10&destinationId=1483628&rooms[0].numberOfAdults=2&tab=description&arrivalDate=11-06-10&hotelId=310720&validate=false)

bluedogok
9/21/2010, 09:23 PM

I get my OU-Texas tickets tomorrow, unfortunately for me they are going to my dad and uncle as we already had a trip planned for that weekend since I kept thinking the game was on the second Saturday of October.

There have been some new hotels pop up in the Bastrop area (77 miles), Brenham (47 miles) has some as well. We will just drive over from Austin (100 miles) that morning.

The Aggies that I know told me to wait, they have the feeling many will be available by then. Many still have hope so they are more scarce.

Soonerntxs
9/22/2010, 07:22 AM

From past exp. we looked at tickets a few years back outside their stadium and they wanted stupid$$$ for games. Since then, I either buy on stubhub or OU ticket office. At least with the ticket office, we sit next to other Sooners! However, we did sit on the 50 one year and their fans were GOLD, we had one A@%#$6! but one of the guys who happened to a LB from the 1985 aTm team told him to STFU and thanked us for being there. I think I like the aTm, it sings!

humblesooner
9/22/2010, 02:18 PM
I'm in section 102

You will hate these seats unless you are near the top.
We sat here in 2000 and spent the entire game watching on the big screen.
The section is beyond the end zone.

humblesooner
9/22/2010, 02:23 PM
Single game tickets for the OU game just went on sale yesterday thru the A&M ticket office. If you buy in the upper endzone (only ones available) you will be with plenty of OU fans. But a warning - it is waaaaaay up there.

yermom
9/22/2010, 02:26 PM
i've always paid 40-50 per outside the stadium

the OU sections are usually pretty crappy though

Jello Biafra
9/22/2010, 02:39 PM

Thanks,

while you are down there, if you see a slightly built blonde dude in a white miata with a trophy belted in the passenger seat smoking a cigar and drinking zima....walk away swiftly.

yermom
9/22/2010, 02:43 PM
if he was there, watching him mingle with Aggies would be worth hanging around for, i'm sure

Soonerntxs
9/22/2010, 03:07 PM
A sightly dish water brown haired dude smoking crack, wearing his sisters jeans, driving a hoop-T, with a hooker tied up in the trunk? You Say?:D

Sounds to me like a :texan:

trwxxa
9/22/2010, 07:42 PM
Here is a link to a B and B that is fairly close.

http://www.sevenoaksbandb.com/