PDA

View Full Version : INJURY UPDATE

OK2U
9/21/2010, 11:36 AM
OU Notebook: Jaz notes

By JOHN E. HOOVER World Sports Writer (http://www.tulsaworld.com/site/authors.aspx?a=JOHN-E.-HOOVER-)
Published: 9/21/2010 2:19 AM
Last Modified: 9/21/2010 4:57 AM

Sophomore wide receiver Jaz Reynolds didn't suit up for last week's game against Air Force, but is back at practice and is trying to regain his status with the team this week, coach Bob Stoops said.

"I suspended him for last week's game because of academic issues," Stoops said. "But he was out there today, and we'll see if he can straighten some of that stuff out."

Box report: Stoops said linebacker Austin Box is "progressing" from a preseason back injury.

"He's not quite ready yet," Stoops said. "He's doing more each week, lifting and doing some conditioning in the pool. So he's getting closer. I'm not exactly sure what date they'll release him, but it's positive anyway. So hopefully we get him here the second half of the season, it'd be a big bonus."

Stoops also said freshman tailback Brennan Clay isn't back to practice yet and wouldn't be available for this week's game against Cincinnati. Clay was knocked out and sustained a concussion against Florida State.

Stevens in: Stoops said kicker Patrick O'Hara is "still pretty sore" from a muscle strain that kept him out of the Air Force game. "So I'll go into this game with Jimmy (Stevens) as the kicker for sure - especially how he played the other night," Stoops said.

Nelson mending: Safety Jonathan Nelson sustained what he called a "mild concussion" against Air Force. He practiced on Monday with a mandate of no contact, though he said he expected to be released for full contact later in the
week.

"It's not that bad," Nelson said. "It's a precaution."
By JOHN E. HOOVER World Sports Writer (http://www.tulsaworld.com/site/authors.aspx?a=JOHN-E.-HOOVER-)

Boomer.....
9/21/2010, 11:54 AM
Sounds pretty good.

I'm glad Stevens is getting another go at it.

rawlingsHOH
9/21/2010, 11:54 AM
Nelson mending: Safety Jonathan Nelson sustained what he called a "mild concussion" against Air Force. He practiced on Monday with a mandate of no contact, though he said he expected to be released for full contact later in the
week.

"It's not that bad," Nelson said. "It's a precaution."
The dude absolutely sold his body out for the team. A 5'8", 180 lb guy trying to fill like he's Steve Atwater. But only the Air Force guys showed "heart", right?

OK2U
9/21/2010, 12:20 PM
Stoops presser:
Box has no setback--be back for ISU hopefully
Roy out of cast, in boot
Clay's symptom are clearing up, feels good.