PDA

View Full Version : The new Hawaii 5-0....

royalfan5
9/20/2010, 10:06 PM
I enjoyed it.

proud gonzo
9/20/2010, 11:06 PM
same here. And I was quite happy that they used guns that had to be reloaded, rather than magic hollywood unlimited clips.

sooner59
9/20/2010, 11:08 PM
Missed it. Does Jin from LOST have a decent role?

picasso
9/20/2010, 11:15 PM
Has potential but they should have arrested the surfer chick for assault. Just sayin'.
Also, I've just about had it with skinny chicks on TV kicking butt.
It's laughable.

Leroy Lizard
9/20/2010, 11:33 PM
Has potential but they should have arrested the surfer chick for assault. Just sayin'.
It's laughable.

And fake explosions. (I never knew a car could explode so easily.)

The skinny chicks are there kickin' butt so that weenies can get their girlfriends to watch. Otherwise, it's a Tom Cruise chick flick.

BTW, I saw the preview in a bar. That show looked like the total suck.

Collier11
9/20/2010, 11:36 PM
You go to your gay bars on Monday nights?

picasso
9/20/2010, 11:42 PM
And fake explosions. (I never knew a car could explode so easily.)

The skinny chicks are there kickin' butt so that weenies can get their girlfriends to watch. Otherwise, it's a Tom Cruise chick flick.

BTW, I saw the preview in a bar. That show looked like the total suck.

I never dated any chicks who wanted to watch a show just because a girl on said program could beat up guys.

Leroy Lizard
9/20/2010, 11:44 PM
You go to your gay bars on Monday nights?

I hope you didn't take too long dreaming up that wit.

Leroy Lizard
9/20/2010, 11:46 PM
I never dated any chicks who wanted to watch a show just because a girl on said program could beat up guys.

They won't tell you that. But if the goilz don't karate chop, it turns into a "guy's flick." Like Mad Max. Or Dirty Harry.

You know, the classics.

Collier11
9/20/2010, 11:47 PM
I hope you didn't take too long dreaming up that wit.

I just figured you oughta be getting prepared for class and not oodling the local boys

Leroy Lizard
9/20/2010, 11:48 PM
I just figured you oughta be getting prepared for class and not oodling the local boys

Wow, you're like a regular George Will tonight.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/21/2010, 12:01 AM

Leroy teaches on autopilot, don't cha?

picasso
9/21/2010, 12:08 AM
They won't tell you that. But if the goilz don't karate chop, it turns into a "guy's flick." Like Mad Max. Or Dirty Harry.

You know, the classics.

Yeah, they would. Most girls I know would say it's stupid and my wife would in particular.

Leroy Lizard
9/21/2010, 12:09 AM
Leroy teaches on autopilot, don't cha?

Are you asking me or Collier?

Leroy Lizard
9/21/2010, 12:10 AM
Yeah, they would. Most girls I know would say it's stupid and my wife would in particular.

You watch a lot of chick flicks, don't you?

proud gonzo
9/21/2010, 12:10 AM
It's laughable.

You must not have made many skinny chicks mad.

Collier11
9/21/2010, 12:13 AM

Like you have to be asked

picasso
9/21/2010, 12:18 AM
You watch a lot of chick flicks, don't you?

I watch films your unimaginative self has never heard of. And your explanation for having chicks kick butt on tv is as stupid as said chicks kicking butt on tv.

Thanks for contributing.

picasso
9/21/2010, 12:21 AM
You must not have made many skinny chicks mad.

:D

I saw my cousin's gf punch him like Sugar Ray Leonard back inna college. And she was a JUCO basketball player.
Didn't faze him. Just sayin.

The skinny surfer chick tonight took out 2 big thugs in the warehouse. :texan:

proud gonzo
9/21/2010, 12:29 AM
for what it's worth i think a lot of the GUYS on TV wouldn't be able to kick anyone's *** either.

sooner59
9/21/2010, 12:33 AM

You know, the classics.

You're just watching with the wrong girls. Most girls like Mel Gibson and Clint Eastwood (young versions) more than random Karate girls...unless they are Ellen Degeneres.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/21/2010, 12:45 AM

You, but it was one of those rhetorical types. Unless you got a you tube video of you teaching.

Leroy Lizard
9/21/2010, 01:23 AM
I watch films your unimaginative self has never heard of. And your explanation for having chicks kick butt on tv is as stupid as said chicks kicking butt on tv.

You haven't offered your reasoning yet. So let's hear it.

saucysoonergal
9/21/2010, 09:27 AM
It was on at the same time as Castle. I never miss Castle because he is ruggedly handsome.

picasso
9/21/2010, 09:33 AM
You haven't offered your reasoning yet. So let's hear it.

I'd rather burp last night's dinner than reason anything with you.

Good point PG but a 165 pound fella packs more punch than a chick that weighs 105.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/21/2010, 09:35 AM
for what it's worth i think a lot of the GUYS on TV wouldn't be able to kick anyone's *** either.

tru dat!

stoopified
9/21/2010, 12:41 PM
The original was crap and this looks to have the potential to be worse.

Soonersince57
9/21/2010, 12:42 PM
How about the Asian bad girl in Live Free or Die Hard? Kicked, beaten up, knifed, shot, fell down an elevator shaft, etc., and still fighting with Bruce Willis.

Harry Beanbag
9/21/2010, 01:04 PM
I thought it was okay until they drove the car up the ramp onto the ship with the entire crew shooting submachine guns at them. I'll still watch it though, I was addicted to the original show for a long time.

royalfan5
9/21/2010, 01:05 PM
The original was crap and this looks to have the potential to be worse.

I'm pretty sure you are confusing crap with awesome. I bet you didn't like Magnum P.I either.

diegosooner
9/21/2010, 03:13 PM
It has some decent characters. We'll see if the writers are worthy.

Leroy Lizard
9/21/2010, 03:43 PM
I'd rather burp last night's dinner than reason anything with you.

You can't tell me.

It's about demographics. They have females kicking *** for one reason: Driving up female viewership.

Sure, we all know a few females that liked The Road Warrior, but if you want more females watching you have to have more females playing the tough bitch role.

It sure isn't done to drive up male viewership: Guys want the girls walking around in skimpy bikinis, not doing karate chops.

soonerboomer93
9/21/2010, 04:15 PM
It's laughable.

then don't watch "The Chase"

SunnySooner
9/21/2010, 04:45 PM
I watched it too, not fabulous, but not bad. Mostly I enjoyed the scenery because I lived in HI for 4 years, and it was allsome, and I'm very nostalgic about that time in my life--two incomes (I actually made more than Mr. SS back then!), no kids, lots of friends in similar situations, lots of weekends flopped on the beach just outside our North Shore condo, lots of last minute trips to Maui or Kauai or the Big Island for $60 roundtrip (the Kama'aina rate is the bestest), ahhhh, the good ole days. ;) So I will prolly watch just to see all that stuff that holds such great memories, plus Mr. SS loves any kind of cop/lawyer/legal crap show, so I'm betting it will be on every week at our house.

texaspokieokie
9/21/2010, 06:26 PM
i didn't watch it, but my wife liked it.

picasso
9/21/2010, 06:32 PM
You can't tell me.

It's about demographics. They have females kicking *** for one reason: Driving up female viewership.

Sure, we all know a few females that liked The Road Warrior, but if you want more females watching you have to have more females playing the tough bitch role.

It sure isn't done to drive up male viewership: Guys want the girls walking around in skimpy bikinis, not doing karate chops.

I can't tell you what? I already said my piece.
Females don't watch cop shows only if the chicks on there are kicking ***. Females would rather watch One Tree Hill.

Leroy Lizard
9/21/2010, 06:40 PM
I can't tell you what? I already said my piece.
Females don't watch cop shows only if the chicks on there are kicking ***. Females would rather watch One Tree Hill.

If you want to believe that, go for it.

picasso
9/21/2010, 07:29 PM
If you want to believe that, go for it.

I'm pretty sure I know as many chicks as you do Hasselhoff.

Go for it? What are you Rocky?

Dork.

StoopTroup
9/21/2010, 07:55 PM
The best defense I have against skinny chics is to just show it to them. They turn from fighters to lovers instantly.

Collier11
9/21/2010, 10:10 PM
Again, typical Leroy, nothing going on at home, the ol lady isnt putting out, whats new? Nothing much, he just needs to argue every side of every argument, things are better now...goodnite

Leroy Lizard
9/21/2010, 10:15 PM
I'm pretty sure I know as many chicks as you do Hasselhoff.

Okay, you big thtud. Whatever.

Leroy Lizard
9/21/2010, 10:16 PM
Again, typical Leroy, nothing going on at home, the ol lady isnt putting out, whats new? Nothing much, he just needs to argue every side of every argument, things are better now...goodnite

But not you, Collier. Noooooo!

Collier11
9/21/2010, 10:19 PM
Not me what? Its the truth isnt it? If I was holding up a white piece of paper youd argue it was black just to argue, then when I say its black just so youll shut up you change and say its white

picasso
9/21/2010, 10:40 PM
The best defense I have against skinny chics is to just show it to them. They turn from fighters to lovers instantly.

Works for Howzit.

Leroy Lizard
9/21/2010, 11:00 PM
Not me what? Its the truth isnt it? If I was holding up a white piece of paper youd argue it was black just to argue, then when I say its black because I like arguing 'til the cows come home you change and say its white

FIFY

ouwasp
9/21/2010, 11:03 PM
Hmmm.. I think H50 might be dvr-worthy, as in okay to watch, but not worth sitting through commercials. It was pretty hokey action-wise and the characters relied on magic techno-dazzle to the point that I'll probably grow weary of it.

But I liked the music and "Book 'im Danno". :)

Collier11
9/21/2010, 11:51 PM
FIFY

WOW...that is all, you spend more time arguing against yourself than I do breathing

Blue
9/22/2010, 12:18 AM
Not even gonna bother with this show.

I'll put it in, "**** My Dad says" category....Bad Idea Jeans.

Harry Beanbag
9/22/2010, 01:15 AM
Works for Howzit.

Yeah, but he does it to skinny dudes.

Leroy Lizard
9/22/2010, 01:53 AM
WOW...that is all, you spend more time arguing against yourself than I do breathing

By the way, if you had bothered to look you would have noticed that I simply stated my opinion as to why females are always shown kicking *** in newer movies. It was picasso that disagreed with me that started the argument.

He's wrong. And you're an ***-hole.

picasso
9/22/2010, 09:47 AM
By the way, if you had bothered to look you would have noticed that I simply stated my opinion as to why females are always shown kicking *** in newer movies. It was picasso that disagreed with me that started the argument.

Look evardbardy, it's Mr. TV Guide himself!!!!!

He's the all knowing female age group category genre ratings oracle!!!!1

fart

achiro
9/22/2010, 10:10 AM
ANYWAY!

Back to the op. Some of you guys crack me up. It's like you expect everything on film to be some Pulitzer Prize winning world changer. If you nit pick any show, especially the action types, you will be able to find unrealistic scenario's. Hell, anything I've ever seen with a cop fight in it is fake as hell.
Just take it for what it is intended, entertainment.

That said, this was a very good show.

Leroy Lizard
9/22/2010, 11:59 AM
Look evardbardy, it's Mr. TV Guide himself!!!!!

He's the all knowing female age group category genre ratings oracle!!!!1

fart

I'm not all-knowing. I just know more than you.

StoopTroup
9/22/2010, 12:08 PM
Works for Howzit.

Yeah but he's also got that eye thing going for him. Can't compete with that. Every Chic is gonna wanna go Full Retard once. :D ;)

pilobolus
9/22/2010, 12:32 PM
Leroy=04???

We should do a pole, who's the biggest brained know it all and not afraid to tell you about it on this board?

Harry Beanbag
9/22/2010, 12:35 PM
Leroy=04???

We should do a pole, who's the biggest brained know it all and not afraid to tell you about it on this board?

I'm not sure the software will allow the number of choices that would be required for a valid pole.

StoopTroup
9/22/2010, 12:41 PM
I'm good with a Honorable Mention so leave me out of this. :D

Collier11
9/22/2010, 01:36 PM

Funny considering im nicer to you than most anybody on this board, oh well

StoopTroup
9/22/2010, 02:38 PM

Yeah but you are a funny a-hole. :D

Collier11
9/22/2010, 02:52 PM
Least im not a smelly one

StoopTroup
9/22/2010, 03:11 PM
Least im not a smelly one

True that. Lizards stink worse than an old bloody nursing home a-hole.

Leroy Lizard
9/22/2010, 03:28 PM

That just goes to show how mean everyone is to me here.

Which really chokes me up. :(

Collier11
9/22/2010, 03:30 PM
Its OK Leroy, Youre good enough, youre smart enough, and doggone it, people like you

http://www.sundriesshack.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Stuart-Smalley.jpg

picasso
9/22/2010, 07:03 PM
I'm not all-knowing. I just know more than you.

I'm greatly impressed. You obviously know tons more of bull****.

You also have a proud distinction of being one of the reasons this place has gone to hell.

Onward and upward troll.

StoopTroup
9/22/2010, 07:29 PM
Its OK Leroy, Youre good enough, youre smart enough, and doggone it, people like you

http://www.sundriesshack.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Stuart-Smalley.jpg

Well....someone does because he's still able to log on. :D :pop:

proud gonzo
9/22/2010, 09:42 PM
see, this is why I don't visit this board much. I finally post in a thread, i come back to see what everyone else said, and it turned into a sissy fight. Who was complaining about girls trying to beat people up? :rolleyes:

picasso
9/22/2010, 10:26 PM
That was me PG. :D

I've moved on. Group hug.

Collier11
9/22/2010, 10:50 PM
see, this is why I don't visit this board much. I finally post in a thread, i come back to see what everyone else said, and it turned into a sissy fight. Who was complaining about girls trying to beat people up? :rolleyes:

Straight over your head

hawaii 5-0
9/23/2010, 07:23 PM
A few comments from a transplanted Sooner.......

If you're surfing and you cut someone off like that you can expect to face a confrontation when you get to shore. If you get that far.

Lots of pretty scenery even if a lot of license was taken. A military transport circles for a landing at the Marine Base on the Windward side but the runway it lands on is actually on the other side at Hickham. No big deal.

Funny that McGarrett and Chin Ho went to Kukui High School. Kukui nuts are used for leis.

One of the bad guys was Sai Min. Saimin is soup.

Running that car up the ramp right onto the Chinese freighter was hokey as can be.

Looks to be a good show with lots of hotties in bikinis, hunky eye candy for the chicks, lots of pretty scenery and funny banter between McGarrett and Danno.

5-0

StoopTroup
9/23/2010, 07:33 PM
1Utuh5bucLI

StoopTroup
9/23/2010, 07:34 PM
BUSEY SIGHTING! :D

l8LHQSTWt3U

StoopTroup
9/23/2010, 07:39 PM
ruKODTVxy3E

StoopTroup
9/23/2010, 07:43 PM
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/hawaii_five_0/

Leroy Lizard
9/23/2010, 11:51 PM
Looks to be a good show with lots of hotties in bikinis, hunky eye candy for the chicks, lots of pretty scenery and funny banter between McGarrett and Danno.

IOW,

http://themoviebanter.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/baywatch.jpg