PDA

View Full Version : I am delighted...

Okla-homey
9/20/2010, 03:21 PM
to learn that the deer rut in Oklahoma this year will coincide perfectly with deer gun season. Often, the two do not coincide -- it's a moon phase dealio. Anyhow, watch out for sex-crazed bucks blindly chasing the girls across highways after 11/20/10. Kinda like after closing time in a Norman bar.

Mississippi Sooner
9/20/2010, 03:30 PM
Man, I dread a certain aspect of deer season down here in Mississippi. It's possible to take about eight deer if you can get one in each method of hunting, but we still have way too many. Then, we have those two seasons where it's legal to use dogs, and the deer are all over the roads. It has eaten my auto insurance deductible more than once.

IB4OU2
9/20/2010, 03:46 PM
Normally the rut starts just before BP and pretty much has wound down before rifle... of course I've only hunted around here for the last 30 years. That seems to be the trend though Moon Phase or not. Good Luck.

olevetonahill
9/20/2010, 03:47 PM
Dont drive at night if ya dont have to
Dont speed.
Do keep yer eyes moving at all times to be ready fer em if they run in front of ya
I been driving 45 years and never hit one yet .;)

And I dont hunt em . Hell ifen i wanted to kill one Id open a window and take my shot .:D

Mississippi Sooner
9/20/2010, 03:55 PM
Shooting them down here with a gun really ain't a sport. Ya just sit in your shoothouse with the adult beverage of your choice, the space heater at your feet and the football game on your portable tv (turned down, of course) and then when they come out to graze on your rye grass and corn, just pick out one and blast it.

I don't have to hunt because I always have several friends who get multiple deer. I usually wind up turning away a lot of it.

IB4OU2
9/20/2010, 04:19 PM
Dont drive at night if ya dont have to
Dont speed.
Do keep yer eyes moving at all times to be ready fer em if they run in front of ya
I been driving 45 years and never hit one yet .;)

And I dont hunt em . Hell ifen i wanted to kill one Id open a window and take my shot .:D

Them or a possum...:D

soonerbrat
9/20/2010, 04:45 PM
someone save me some venison :D