PDA

View Full Version : The RECESSION IS OVER!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/20/2010, 01:07 PM
Announced today by the Regime. Glory Alleluia! And, it's not even October!

Pricetag
9/20/2010, 01:22 PM
How bad would it suck for you if it actually was over?

9/20/2010, 01:24 PM
How bad would it suck for you if it actually was over?I would be a convert to commieship.

soonerbrat
9/20/2010, 01:30 PM
it's not over for me.

olevetonahill
9/20/2010, 01:48 PM
^ I bet its not over for a lot of peeps .

fwsooner22
9/20/2010, 01:56 PM
It's so easy to say that a recession is over when you've never had a job in your life.

9/20/2010, 02:00 PM
It's so easy to say that a recession is over when you've never had a job in your life.heh!

Boarder
9/20/2010, 02:01 PM
How would one quantify when a recession was over or in effect? Personally or nationally?

Boarder
9/20/2010, 02:03 PM
It's so easy to say that a recession is over when you've never had a job in your life.
To whom are you referring to who has not had a job in their life?

Pogue Mahone
9/20/2010, 02:06 PM
I didn't know the Business Cycle Dating Committee of the National Bureau of Economic Research was a regime. Hell, it's not even affiliated with the government.

Chuck Bao
9/20/2010, 02:13 PM
You know I love economic cheerleading, restoring confidence and getting consumers to spend again as much as the next guy.

I still think the numbers are pretty bogus. Okay, maybe it does reflect the new economy with labor being a steadily decreasing portion of GDP output. But on the demand side still high unemployment will undoubtedly affect consumer confidence and spending. Eventually, that has to hurt. Unemployment and underemployment numbers are a much better indicator of economic health, in my opinion.

OklahomaTuba
9/20/2010, 02:28 PM
Of course it's over. How much exactly did the feds pump into into "the economy"??

What we are living in now is simply the Liberal's "New Normal" (AKA the DEMpression).

And check this out. This is how you know a Presidency, that is making America poorer, weaker, more indebted and significantly less free every day, is clearly done.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/09/20/cnbc_town_hall_questioner_to_obama_im_exhausted_of _defending_you.html

You gotta love how Dear Leader just laughs at her.

Ike
9/20/2010, 02:31 PM
Given that the beginning and end of recessions have very specific meanings at the NBER, this is hardly surprising. GDP HAS grown since 2008. Fairly substantially....and IIRC, GDP is really all the NBER looks at when marking the begin/end dates of recessions.

Given that the past few recessions have seen labor recover much much slower than GDP, and given that many economists are claiming that this one will be even worse in that regard, I think maybe it's time to look at better indicators of economic health than just GDP when calling the begin/end dates of a recession.

OklahomaTuba
9/20/2010, 02:32 PM
GDP grew during the Great Depression too. (http://seekingalpha.com/article/119863-some-misconceptions-about-the-great-depression)

yermom
9/20/2010, 02:38 PM
To whom are you referring to who has not had a job in their life?

the community organizer

Bourbon St Sooner
9/20/2010, 03:45 PM
You know, I'm sure the guys at the NBER are technically correct and they are just reporting the stats, but to avoid being mocked and jeered, that's one press release I may have just swallowed for the time being. Most people think economists live in a different world. No need to prove it like this.

soonerbrat
9/20/2010, 03:48 PM