PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin - Pretender or Pretender?

bent rider
9/20/2010, 11:24 AM
Sat, Sep 4 at UNLV W 41-21 --
Sat, Sep 11 San Jose State W 27-14 --
Sat, Sep 18 Arizona State W 20-19 --

What's going to happen to them when they start playing some more difficult competition, especially outside of Cramp Randall Stadium??

sooneron
9/20/2010, 11:25 AM
pretender, they always are. Why change now?

Crucifax Autumn
Same thing that happens every year.

KantoSooner
They'll do like all B10 schools do, fold like a cheap lawn chair.

Leroy Lizard
9/20/2010, 11:29 AM
Wisconsin = Virginia Tech

badger
9/20/2010, 11:36 AM
Wisconsin is NOT Virginia Tech. VaTech would have lost to Arizona State at home, whereas the Badgers did what they had to in order to win, even if it was a blocked extra point.

Wisconsin is like the Mizzou of the Big Ten, a big school that underachieves most years, despite a lot of resources. However, unlike Mizzou, they actually win conference championships and have gone to big bowl games. However, they are frequently overshadowed by conference foes with more tradition and bigger nationwide (and non-alumni) fanbases... maybe the better comparison is Texas A&M?

And to answer the big thread question - they are a pretender, but they will upset at least one ranked Big Ten team this year, so don't bash them too much. They might be the team that gets us in the BCS title game by knocking out Ohio State.

rawlingsHOH
9/20/2010, 11:51 AM
Mediocre.

Brent Moss, Terrell Fletcher, Ron Dayne, those were fun times.

BillyBall
9/20/2010, 12:04 PM
Mediocre.

Brent Moss, Terrell Fletcher, Ron Dayne, those were fun times.

My buddy that went to school in Madison has a great Ron Dayne story.

So it's like 2am and my friend was working at some sort of student convenience store and Dayne walks in. He kind of wonders around the back for a while and then comes up to the counter and is fairly blasted. So he picks up 3 things: a bag of cheese puffs, a pack of condoms and a pack of Philly Blunts. That is an outstanding night.

badger
9/20/2010, 12:39 PM
My buddy that went to school in Madison has a great Ron Dayne story.

So it's like 2am and my friend was working at some sort of student convenience store and Dayne walks in. He kind of wonders around the back for a while and then comes up to the counter and is fairly blasted. So he picks up 3 things: a bag of cheese puffs, a pack of condoms and a pack of Philly Blunts. That is an outstanding night.

There's a decorative pot pipe store on Madison's State Street (glass blown handmade!) That town is nothing but endless fun for those college students :P

CBUS_SOONER
9/20/2010, 02:58 PM
Same shat different yr for Wisky and Iowa. Both suck but record is solid because non conf and lil ten suck arse