PDA

View Full Version : I love the potential of this Irish team.......

stoopified
9/20/2010, 11:02 AM
......to completely suck. I thouroughly enjoyed watching the ND squad choke on the Spartan fake FG for TD that sealed the loss for the MEN OF SOUTH BEND. Just for grins I checked the remaining slate for the Crying Irish and came up with only 3 games they are almost certain to win- W.Michigan,Army,Tulsa.All other games would have to rate no better than toss-ups for ND. With a little(bad) luck this season will be yet another stinker for the self anointed lords of college football.

85sooners
9/20/2010, 11:04 AM
:D :D :pop: :D :D

sooneron
9/20/2010, 11:12 AM
I, too, revel in their losing, but its odd that no one on here (that I've seen) has mentioned the clock running out before the snap on the fake...

:gary:

SoonerLB
9/20/2010, 11:15 AM
He said 'Crying Irish' . . . . . . I love it, BWAAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!
Wouldn't bother me if they NEVER won another game! :D:D:D

SoonerLB
9/20/2010, 11:20 AM
I, too, revel in their losing, but its odd that no one on here (that I've seen) has mentioned the clock running out before the snap on the fake...

Minor detail, prolly a ND fan running the clock. ;)
Something else not mentioned was that the Mich St head coach suffered a minor heart attack some time after the game. Word is he is OK, but will miss some action for a while.

sooneron
9/20/2010, 11:25 AM
Minor detail, prolly a ND fan running the clock. ;)
Something else not mentioned was that the Mich St head coach suffered a minor heart attack some time after the game. Word is he is OK, but will miss some action for a while.

Mentioned just a few threads down the page...

Crucifax Autumn
9/20/2010, 11:27 AM
Everyone knows the new texass rule that says you have however much time you need to score once more.

Mississippi Sooner
9/20/2010, 11:28 AM
Everyone knows the new texass rule that says you have however much time you need to score once more.

Good thing Air Force didn't get the memo!

Crucifax Autumn
9/20/2010, 11:31 AM
Well, Air Force has class.

Soonermagik
9/20/2010, 12:23 PM
I know the media just keeps awaiting for them to emerge. If they ever start winning the bandwagon fans will come out in droves.

Personally, I hope they fire Kelly after several terrible seasons.

fadada1
9/20/2010, 12:42 PM
Personally, I hope they fire Kelly after several terrible seasons.

as if they've ever done that.

badger
9/20/2010, 01:49 PM
Due to a big Irsh fan I know having some health issues, I am cheering for them this year, even though I know it is patently-unSooner to do so. Even if you hate the Irish, you have to admit that they look a hell of a lot better than they did last season under the Weismonster.

KantoSooner
9/20/2010, 02:05 PM
Oh, Badger, you really can't do this. Call your friend constantly, bake him/her cookies. Walk their dog, do their laundry and clean their house. Play with their kids. Anything. Anything but wish them a victory.
They are the cloven hooved sons of satan of the college football world and only through the steely determination and firm jawed focus of the good-hearted people of the planet can they be permanently relegated into irrelevance (try saying that after a beer or two) and world be made pure and clean again.

ouduckhunter
9/20/2010, 02:28 PM
Oh, Badger, you really can't do this. Call your friend constantly, bake him/her cookies. Walk their dog, do their laundry and clean their house. Play with their kids. Anything. Anything but wish them a victory.
They are the cloven hooved sons of satan of the college football world and only through the steely determination and firm jawed focus of the good-hearted people of the planet can they be permanently relegated into irrelevance (try saying that after a beer or two) and world be made pure and clean again.

Got that right!

Piware
9/20/2010, 03:31 PM
Is there some kind of institutional wart that coaches also have to fight? I'm not sure Nick Saban could save this bunch.

badger
9/20/2010, 03:51 PM
Is there some kind of institutional wart that coaches also have to fight? I'm not sure Nick Saban could save this bunch.

So, they lost to a scrambling Meatchicken QB in the final minute. So, they lost in OT when the opposing coach decided to get a heart attack by faking a field goal (may he rest well and have a full recovery).

The Irish do not suck as much as they have in recent years. They just have a record that suggests that they suck, kind of like us last year. Yeah, we have several losses, but they were such close losses! Heh...heh...

:(

goingoneight
9/20/2010, 04:01 PM
Anybody who knows anything about football knows even Charlie Weiss's best team couldn't hold a candle to an average Stoops team.

Jacie
9/20/2010, 04:03 PM
This is not (nor has it been for about the last three decades) your father's Notre Dame.

The real sign of the times: the greenies have been turned down by every high profile candidate they've asked to take over as head coach. No established coach (Stoops, Meyer) wants to have anything to do with them. Their best hires have been up-and-comers (Willingham, Weis, Kelly) as opposed to one who had already built a winner at a major program. The last hire like that they made was O'Leary (he had an ACC shared title to his credit) but he never coached a day in South Bend following a simple check of his resume that resulted in his dismissal.

badger
9/20/2010, 04:08 PM
No established coach (Stoops, Meyer) wants to have anything to do with them.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Notre Dame and Stoops are still haggling over numbers ;)

stoopified
9/20/2010, 04:20 PM
They are the cloven hooved sons of satan of the college football world and only through the steely determination and firm jawed focus of the good-hearted people of the planet can they be permanently relegated into irrelevance (try saying that after a beer or two) and world be made pure and clean again.DITTO.I mean come on badj, there IS a limit to Christian charity and rooting for ND is waaaaayyyy over that limit.

Except for the Holtz years the Irish have been pitiful for 30 years,yet their own arrogance has people convinced they are still relevant.Acouple years back I figured out what ND's record has been since they got their EXCLUSIVE tv contract and it is a joke.

stoopified
9/20/2010, 04:30 PM
I went to college footballdatawarehouse .com to see if I could figure out what ND's record has been since they signed with NBC and apparently the site has been hacked or infected with a virus.They had ND with an all-time record of 0-13-1.I checked OU and Bob is listed as having a 0-0-0 record. That's a heckuva note.

badger
9/20/2010, 04:33 PM
Except for the Holtz years the Irish have been pitiful for 30 years.

Exactly, so there's no harm in hoping that the Irish don't totally suck for the billionth year in a row.

I have absolutely every confidence in the world that Brian Kelly will not get these guys back to Holtz territory. BK only took the program because - as we've all seen this year - Cincy's cupboard is bare. Bare bones. Bare naked. Bare cat. Bearcat? Coincidence? ;)

(knock on wood - hope they don't kick our arse now, hehe)

Anyway, thank you for trying to dissuade me, persuade me and sway me, but I will not waiver - the Irish must not suck for once. Sorry.

KantoSooner
9/20/2010, 04:35 PM
May Ogo, the vengeful football God have mercy on your soul.

badger
9/20/2010, 04:41 PM
May Ogo, the vengeful football God have mercy on your soul.

pbbth... the worst that could happen to me is the worst that could happen to every sooner fan, so don't wish the football gods wrath on me too much.

OUthunder
9/20/2010, 04:45 PM
Oh why do I get such satisfaction out of Notre Dame losing?

KantoSooner
9/20/2010, 04:49 PM
I wished Ogo's mercy, not his wrath. Gimme points on the rare occaisions that I earn them.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/20/2010, 07:41 PM

Actually the new Texass rule says that Texass has as much time needed to score once more. Everyone else is out of luck.

StormySooner-IN
9/20/2010, 08:38 PM

I definitely saw that and called it.

However...I do not care...:D

Crucifax Autumn
9/20/2010, 09:33 PM
Actually it's even funnier if they DID get screwed.

King Barry's Back
9/20/2010, 10:49 PM
Exactly, so there's no harm in hoping that the Irish don't totally suck for the billionth year in a row.

I have absolutely every confidence in the world that Brian Kelly will not get these guys back to Holtz territory. BK only took the program because - as we've all seen this year - Cincy's cupboard is bare. Bare bones. Bare naked. Bare cat. Bearcat? Coincidence? ;)

(knock on wood - hope they don't kick our arse now, hehe)

Anyway, thank you for trying to dissuade me, persuade me and sway me, but I will not waiver - the Irish must not suck for once. Sorry.

I will attempt neither to dissuade you, persuade you nor sway you.

But recognize you've got the best of both world's. If ND , you can celebrate with your sick friend. If ND stinks it up, well, you can probably find a little silver lining in that cloud as well.

It's like betting $1000 for the Sooners to lose. You're still sad they lost, but you also have $1000.

ouduckhunter
9/20/2010, 11:46 PM

They are lucky to have such a nice, though misguided, friend as you!! :)

stoopified
10/2/2010, 11:21 PM
Boston College 31 ND 13,good stuff. With the sparkling 1-3 record of Brian Kelly the Crying Irish are now 57-46 since they landed their big deal TV contract with NBC.

badger
10/2/2010, 11:23 PM
really?! they ended up losing?! bawwwwwww... they were AHEAD! I thought my poor friend would finally have a victory :(

well, at least OU won :D

:( i'm such a selfish badger

jdg
10/3/2010, 12:15 AM
ND won

Final
NOTRE DAME 31
(2-3)

BOSTON COLLEGE 13
(2-2)

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/scoreboards/ia/today/?eref=sinav#ixzz11Gmh0X2g

badger
10/3/2010, 12:19 AM
whew! i thought i saw them with more than 13 points during one of the bottom tickers. thanks!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/3/2010, 12:48 AM
They are the cloven hooved sons of satan of the college football world and only through the steely determination and firm jawed focus of the good-hearted people of the planet can they be permanently relegated into irrelevance (try saying that after a beer or two) and world be made pure and clean again.Badger is great to have as a Sooner fan, but she is an adoptive Sooner fan, and can't understand fully the special place the domer has in the hearts of lifelong Sooners.

badger
10/3/2010, 01:02 AM
Badger is great to have as a Sooner fan, but she is an adoptive Sooner fan, and can't understand fully the special place the domer has in the hearts of lifelong Sooners.

Yup - badger born, badger bred, sooner dead :P

I knew Wisky was gonna lose - my uncle up north is still probably saying four-letter words in his basement man cave :(

At least OU won! :D

:( I'm so selfish.