PDA

View Full Version : I'm calling it now....WE WILL GO UNDEFEATED THIS YEAR!!!

adoniijahsooner
9/19/2010, 11:09 AM
If not, I'll take a 2 week ban with no complaining. Anyone else wanna put their *** on the line?

rawlingsHOH
9/19/2010, 11:12 AM
I'd have to guess 10-2.

SeattleOUstudent
9/19/2010, 11:13 AM
Yes, I bet you will get banned for 2 weeks.

adoniijahsooner
9/19/2010, 11:13 AM
Who you guessing they lose to? I think the toughest game will be Mizzou and OSU. We will beat texas by 14 this year.

adoniijahsooner
9/19/2010, 11:14 AM
Yes, I bet you will get banned for 2 weeks.

Lol!! We will see.

Collier11
9/19/2010, 11:15 AM
Who you guessing they lose to? I think the toughest game will be Mizzou and OSU. We will beat texas by 14 this year.

This offense is too inconsistent, I hope you are right but it is really hard to go undefeated. I think the biggest threats are A&M and Mizzou, both on the road

rawlingsHOH
9/19/2010, 11:15 AM
I don't really have 2 games that I think we will lose. Just playing the percentages that we will have a few more close games, and will probably end up on the wrong side of a couple.

Lott's Bandana
9/19/2010, 11:17 AM
If all our games were on Owen Field...

btk108
9/19/2010, 11:18 AM
bastid! Now the pressure is on......

olevetonahill
9/19/2010, 11:20 AM
Ima just enjoy the season ONE ****ING GAME at a time ;)

adoniijahsooner
9/19/2010, 11:22 AM
This is more of a heart prediction here. We won two games that we easily could have loss. This team will get better every week (remember how young they are), and that will only lead to more mental toughness, more smarts, and more determination not to lose. People under estimate that value in sports.

MR2-Sooner86
9/19/2010, 11:23 AM
If not, I'll take a 2 week ban with no complaining. Anyone else wanna put their *** on the line?

Not sure what you're on but I'm sure it's illegal.

We will not go undefeated. Why? Will the real OU please stand up? Until they do, I have my doubts.

Joe
9/19/2010, 11:44 AM
I believe we will too. I'll take a 6 month self-imposed ban if not...mainly because I only post during fb season lol. Seriously though, we're going to win it all. There's just something about this season and this Sooner team.

I think the problem some of you guys are having is that we won 2 close games. We'd have lost those games most years and I believe this team has too much heart to lose those games this year. 80% of the BCS National Champions have tons of close games, it's winning those close games that sets them apart.

tulsaoilerfan
9/19/2010, 11:50 AM
I hope u are right, but right now i would guess 10-2 also; it's just too damn hard to go undefeated and OSU at Stillwater, Mizzou at Columbia, and Texas are the 3 swings games IMO

AZSOONER
9/19/2010, 12:07 PM
I believe we will too. I'll take a 6 month self-imposed ban if not...mainly because I only post during fb season lol. Seriously though, we're going to win it all. There's just something about this season and this Sooner team.

I think the problem some of you guys are having is that we won 2 close games. We'd have lost those games most years and I believe this team has too much heart to lose those games this year. 80% of the BCS National Champions have tons of close games, it's winning those close games that sets them apart.

I'd probably drink that kool aid if our 2 close wins were against good teams.

Collier11
9/19/2010, 12:11 PM
Air Force is a damn good team my friend, Utah St is average at best but probably below average

mightysooner
9/19/2010, 12:18 PM
I think we're a 9-3 team this season. If we have already struggled with bottom of the barrel teams at HOME where we routinely crush everybody, I don't see how we're going to be a strong team on the road against better in-conference competition. Jeckyl-n-Hyde Jones' spazzyness isn't "undefeated season" material, and this isn't one of our better defenses, although that secondary will be GREAT in the future.

texaspokieokie
9/19/2010, 12:24 PM

not much of a sacrifice.

yankee
9/19/2010, 12:26 PM
air force isn't bottom of the barrel...

but it's obvious this team is young. the focus for the utah state/air force games ("lesser" opponents) was not there. they were dialed in for FSU. i expect it will be that way for much of the season, and it's probably going to cost us a game or two.

TXBOOMER
9/19/2010, 12:30 PM
texass, aTm, mizzou and osu will be tough games for this team to win. They could win them all or lose one or two of them. It will be an interesting year.

texaspokieokie
9/19/2010, 12:31 PM
i fear road games; especially txags.

adoniijahsooner
9/19/2010, 12:33 PM

We will beat A&M by 20 points.

texaspokieokie
9/19/2010, 12:35 PM
how much ban for that ???

StoopTroup
9/19/2010, 12:38 PM
As long as we don't lose any games....I think we can go undefeated.

CBUS_SOONER
9/19/2010, 12:44 PM
you crazy

PLaw
9/19/2010, 12:44 PM
Ima just enjoy the season ONE ****ING GAME at a time ;)

^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS.

3-0 looking to go to 4-0 at Cincy.

Big BOOMER

Collier11
9/19/2010, 12:46 PM
As long as we don't lose any games....I think we can go undefeated.

how do you figure?

Crucifax Autumn
9/19/2010, 12:49 PM
I think if we can keep our number of losses under 3, then we can go undefeated.

rawlingsHOH
9/19/2010, 12:51 PM
Did Florida International end up winning that one? Didn't see the final.

Soonermagik
9/19/2010, 01:02 PM
Booked!!

Collier11
9/19/2010, 01:06 PM
Did Florida International end up winning that one? Didn't see the final.

Nope, they pulled it out barely

htownsooner7
9/19/2010, 01:17 PM
If we do, it will be a miracle. Our quarterback is not a winner. At least not yet anyway. Against Utah State, we needed him to control the game, nada. Against Air Force, he had a number of opportunities to keep that lead in double digits. No sir. Hell, against texas last year, we got the ball back with a chance to win the game. One first down on a qb sneak and then he throws a pick. Against Nebraska, our defense played as well as humanly possible, Jones kills us with all those picks. You telling me you think he's going to actually win a game when its all on the line? Based on what? Listen man, I'd love for him to improve, but I'm afraid there's some intangible here where he just doesn't have it when it counts. When we're up 3 tds, he'll get you up 4. Down 3 and needing a gutsy drive to win, you sure you want him leading the team?

adoniijahsooner
9/19/2010, 01:34 PM
If we do, it will be a miracle. Our quarterback is not a winner. At least not yet anyway. Against Utah State, we needed him to control the game, nada. Against Air Force, he had a number of opportunities to keep that lead in double digits. No sir. Hell, against texas last year, we got the ball back with a chance to win the game. One first down on a qb sneak and then he throws a pick. Against Nebraska, our defense played as well as humanly possible, Jones kills us with all those picks. You telling me you think he's going to actually win a game when its all on the line? Based on what? Listen man, I'd love for him to improve, but I'm afraid there's some intangible here where he just doesn't have it when it counts. When we're up 3 tds, he'll get you up 4. Down 3 and needing a gutsy drive to win, you sure you want him leading the team?

Landry Jones doesnt concern me as much as Kevin Wilson. I think LJ is put in bad situations because KW doesnt know LJ's strengths and weaknesses. With that said, it is about the overall team, and I believe this team has already turned the corner. Whats more, is that I dont think any big 12 team will be as tough as Air Force.

htownsooner7
9/19/2010, 01:38 PM
You may be right about Air Force. They are the real deal. They won a bunch of games last year, drilled Houston the in bowl game, drilled BYU, and gave us all we wanted. I could see them winning 10 again this year. That being said, can somebody explain how our defense keep giving up first downs on third and long? Hadn't really seen that in the past.

tulsaoilerfan
9/19/2010, 02:59 PM
You may be right about Air Force. They are the real deal. They won a bunch of games last year, drilled Houston the in bowl game, drilled BYU, and gave us all we wanted. I could see them winning 10 again this year. That being said, can somebody explain how our defense keep giving up first downs on third and long? Hadn't really seen that in the past.

Inexperience all over the defense and an offense that u never see will do that to u; i had to chuckle at the 3rd and 15 run that was converted yesterday because that reminded me of the Switzer years big time

rawlingsHOH
9/19/2010, 03:23 PM
Landry Jones doesnt concern me as much as Kevin Wilson. I think LJ is put in bad situations because KW doesnt know LJ's strengths and weaknesses. With that said, it is about the overall team, and I believe this team has already turned the corner. Whats more, is that I dont think any big 12 team will be as tough as Air Force.

I think he completely understands them, and he went back to the screens and swings to start the second half, to calm Landry down. It's when he tries to add more to the offense, when Landry regresses.

And you are only kidding yourself if you don't think Texas' defense presents twice the task that AFA's does.

StoopTroup
9/19/2010, 03:28 PM
Landry Jones doesnt concern me as much as Kevin Wilson. I think LJ is put in bad situations because KW doesnt know LJ's strengths and weaknesses.

Yep. Wilson is a complete dumbass that just sits in his office until Gametime and then tells the Team what he's gonna throw at them.

Good Stuff....LMAO. :rolleyes:

Husker In Oklahoma
9/19/2010, 03:53 PM
Whats more, is that I dont think any big 12 team will be as tough as Air Force.

Insane statement. You think OU will just move at will against Big 12 defenses like Texas? Hell, with that said, we may as well just put Air Force in the top 5, since there are no other Big 12 teams that will play as good as they can. :rolleyes:

soonerboy_odanorth
9/19/2010, 05:16 PM
disagree bump

AZSOONER
9/19/2010, 05:29 PM
I agree Air Force is a strong team, and their offense is gonna get theirs, but I think we should have been able to do whatever we wanted on offense, that's what scares me looking forward to the rest of the season.

Collier11
9/19/2010, 05:40 PM
It has often been the case under Stoops that we dont step on the throat of opponents, im not saying it was play calls or execution but we had big leads in both of our close games and didnt put them away. Whether we are making bad calls, not executing the plays called, or just letting up too early, it needs to and can be fixed

StoopTroup
9/19/2010, 07:18 PM
I think Wilson is betting on the games. :D ;)

adoniijahsooner
9/19/2010, 07:51 PM
I think he completely understands them, and he went back to the screens and swings to start the second half, to calm Landry down. It's when he tries to add more to the offense, when Landry regresses.

And you are only kidding yourself if you don't think Texas' defense presents twice the task that AFA's does.

Its a team game, and Air Force's offense is leaps and bounds above texas'.

adoniijahsooner
9/19/2010, 07:54 PM
Yep. Wilson is a complete dumbass that just sits in his office until Gametime and then tells the Team what he's gonna throw at them.

Good Stuff....LMAO. :rolleyes:

You are right....KW is a very good offensive mind, I just thinks he is stubborn with his game plan, is all. This offense was created, because we had Sam Bradford, and the coaches even said that. I just think it should be scaled down a little for Landry.

BlownGP
9/19/2010, 10:05 PM
I agree Air Force is a strong team, and their offense is gonna get theirs, but I think we should have been able to do whatever we wanted on offense, that's what scares me looking forward to the rest of the season.

We did, you forget the 17 point lead?
Our offense wasn’t what put AF back in the game.

Its funny, but I dont think Texas will be that much of a problem. There playing is not been TEXAS like.. LOL
Shiiit, we almost won last year if jones wouldn’t have thrown that pick. I think he will be alot more prepared for this game since he wont have to be thrown in again. Lol

stoopified
9/19/2010, 11:08 PM
In?

Blue
9/19/2010, 11:12 PM
Im in! But I'll prob get banned before the results are in.

Undefeated baby!

w0lfe
9/20/2010, 07:21 AM
Hey be happy that maybe we arent peaking yet. Hopefully we will peak mid to late part of the regular season

Boomer Mooner
9/20/2010, 09:27 AM
I'm concerned about Texas and OSU, not so much about Missouri or A&M. Whoever wins the South, and I believe it will be us, is going to have a very hard time with Nebraska I think.

Crucifax Autumn
9/20/2010, 09:56 AM
I'm not gonna assume Nebraska will win the north until I see 'em playing a conference schedule against better teams. They should, but sometimes the season has other plans.

josh09
9/20/2010, 01:02 PM

If our offense could stay consistent, then I would agree with you. But with the way things are looking, it could be anywhere from a 1-3 loss year, IMO. I thought we would destroy texas, but their D keeps looking better and better. A&M always brings it at home, and so does OSU, even though they look pretty bad this year. The Tech game in Norman is kind of scaring me as well. But we'll see.

OU_Sooners75
9/20/2010, 04:27 PM
I'll let u now what I think we can go once November is over.

Rickety_Syd
9/20/2010, 05:42 PM

I agree, there is something about this team. It's called horrible inconsistency. Inconsistent teams tend to not win all their games.

By the way, does that two week ban begin right after the first loss? Because I'm thinking it might be Saturday.

yukonsooner
9/20/2010, 05:45 PM
If our offense could stay consistent, then I would agree with you. But with the way things are looking, it could be anywhere from a 1-3 loss year, IMO. I thought we would destroy texas, but their D keeps looking better and better. A&M always brings it at home, and so does OSU, even though they look pretty bad this year. The Tech game in Norman is kind of scaring me as well. But we'll see.

So basically you're saying you are afraid of everybody but Colorado and Iowa State

StoopTroup
9/20/2010, 05:46 PM
If the World ends now...I think we have a shot if they decide to do a Playoff.

CrimsonJim
9/20/2010, 05:47 PM
WERD!

BoulderSooner79
9/20/2010, 05:54 PM
So basically you're saying you are afraid of everybody but Colorado and Iowa State

Not so fast. CU is 2-1 and ISU gave K-state all they wanted last week.

josh09
9/20/2010, 06:01 PM

No, I was going over the whole schedule and saying who I feel has ANY chance to beat us. I'm saying that if we were to lose at all, our losses will come from Texas, A&M, or Tech, IMO.

SoFla Sooner
9/20/2010, 11:11 PM
Here are our most threatening games in descending order:
1. Texas at Dallas
2. at Missouri
3. at Texas A&M
3a. Texas Tech at Norman
5. at Okie State
6. at. Cincy
7. at Baylor
8. CU at Norman
9. ISU at Norman

rawlingsHOH
9/20/2010, 11:38 PM
Here are our most threatening games in descending order:
1. Texas at Dallas
2. at Missouri
3. at Texas A&M
3a. Texas Tech at Norman
5. at Okie State
6. at. Cincy
7. at Baylor
8. CU at Norman
9. ISU at Norman
I'd say move OSU up, maybe even to 2. I'd also put Tech below Cincy. And A&M ahead of Mizzou.

ouwasp
9/20/2010, 11:50 PM
I'd say...
Texas
at osu
Big XII Champ game
at A&M
at Mizzou
Tech
at Baylor
at Cincy
CU
ISU

adoniijahsooner
9/25/2010, 09:05 PM
bump

adoniijahsooner
10/2/2010, 06:29 PM
This is more of a heart prediction here. We won two games that we easily could have loss. This team will get better every week (remember how young they are), and that will only lead to more mental toughness, more smarts, and more determination not to lose. People under estimate that value in sports.

bump

setem
10/2/2010, 06:30 PM
So far so good!

StoopTroup
10/2/2010, 06:30 PM
This time last year....what was our Win-Loss record?

CBUS_SOONER
10/2/2010, 06:35 PM
2-3

StoopTroup
10/2/2010, 06:37 PM
2-3....

vs

6-0

Seems like many of you should be happier than when you got your first piece IMO.

Crucifax Autumn
10/2/2010, 06:39 PM
We're 6-0?

BoulderSooner79
10/2/2010, 06:40 PM
We're 6-0?

We do have a bye, but don't take anyone lightly.

StoopTroup
10/2/2010, 06:42 PM
We do have a bye, but don't take anyone lightly.

You think we'll lose to ISU?

olevetonahill
10/2/2010, 06:42 PM
We're 6-0?

The OVJ be a kickin his azz;)

StoopTroup
10/2/2010, 06:43 PM
We're 6-0?

DO YOU THINK WE'LL LOSE TO ISU? :D

Imma calling it Bro. 6-0!

OUthunder
10/2/2010, 06:44 PM
I've drank way to much today. 7 drinks and still counting, all in the 2nd half.

StoopTroup
10/2/2010, 06:45 PM
I've drank way to much today. 7 drinks and still counting, all in the 2nd half.

Time to wash that longwhorn down with another beer!

soonerboy_odanorth
10/25/2010, 06:05 PM
bump

Crucifax Autumn
10/25/2010, 06:37 PM
I'm guessing this causes a tingling sensation?

oudavid1
10/25/2010, 06:55 PM
Ban em

BoulderSooner79
10/25/2010, 07:07 PM
WE WILL GO UNDEFEATED THIS YEAR -- starting from this weeks game!!!