PDA

View Full Version : Our fans suck....

PhiDeltBeers
9/19/2010, 06:02 AM
Unbelievable...If you don't want to stand (section 34), frickin go home and watch it on tv. I mean seriously, holding a finger up during the kickoffs while sitting has got to beat all I've ever seen. Your section was getting called out by other fans and you just look at 'em and continue sitting. You ever think for a minute that defences run on emotion? That was the most **** poor performance by 85,000 people I've seen to date. And while I think it's great we support our troops (I'm as patriotic as they come), I think yesterday was a bit overboard. I enjoyed it at first, but when it seems we're just going to give them the "W" as well, as some sort of a thanks guys we love America, that's BS. This is Oklahoma Football and yesterday will go down as a day I was embarrassed to be a part of that 85,000. We rallied around the wrong troops. See ya in a month, I'm gonna go play some golf.

NormanPride
9/19/2010, 06:29 AM
Well... bye...

mojohornfan
9/19/2010, 07:01 AM
See ya in a month, I'm gonna go play some golf.

Ok. see ya tomorrow.

stoopified
9/19/2010, 07:23 AM
Ok

SoonerStormchaser
9/19/2010, 08:25 AM
Dude...we just celebrated the 63rd anniversary of the founding of the USAF, these guys on the field (and a lot of their fans in the stands) are/will be defending our country. A great deal of our fans (especially the student section) are known for being fickle morons. Lighten up.

Soonerus
9/19/2010, 08:36 AM
It was hot,hot,hot,humid and third home game in three weeks...things like that happen...

beer4me
9/19/2010, 09:05 AM
Unbelievable...If you don't want to stand (section 34), frickin go home and watch it on tv. I mean seriously, holding a finger up during the kickoffs while sitting has got to beat all I've ever seen. Your section was getting called out by other fans and you just look at 'em and continue sitting. You ever think for a minute that defences run on emotion? That was the most **** poor performance by 85,000 people I've seen to date. And while I think it's great we support our troops (I'm as patriotic as they come), I think yesterday was a bit overboard. I enjoyed it at first, but when it seems we're just going to give them the "W" as well, as some sort of a thanks guys we love America, that's BS. This is Oklahoma Football and yesterday will go down as a day I was embarrassed to be a part of that 85,000. We rallied around the wrong troops. See ya in a month, I'm gonna go play some golf.

:confused:

Dude...we just celebrated the 63rd anniversary of the founding of the USAF, these guys on the field (and a lot of their fans in the stands) are/will be defending our country. A great deal of our fans (especially the student section) are known for being fickle morons. Lighten up.

This^ and to add the Air Force has a HUGE presence in this area, and I can tell you there were several thousand people at that game that works for the AF.

GreenSooner
9/19/2010, 09:12 AM
Yesterday was Yom Kippur, so, being Jewish, I was in synagogue from 9:30 to 3:00 and 5:45 to 8:30 or so. Walking back to services around 5:30, I heard the PA announcer from the stadium report the Falcons' last score. But once I arrived at OU Hillel, all I could go on was the look on the faces of fans walking by the building.

My only (small) criticism of our fans yesterday: when we win, look happier!:D As the clearly post-game fans walked by our windows, I was sure we'd lost. Most looked pretty glum.

Hey... a w is a w!

I was delighted and surprised to discover we won when sundown finally came!

StoopTroup
9/19/2010, 09:14 AM
I told some girl who was being nasty to OU Fans while she was walking against the flow of fans leaving the Stadium to chill out. She told me to Chill out. So I did.

Then I had a beer and found some air conditioning and some pizza. :D

OKMAGIC
9/19/2010, 09:16 AM
Adios azzwipe

Crucifax Autumn
9/19/2010, 09:17 AM
Stupid fans! Always failing to execute the plays...

CrimsonJim
9/19/2010, 09:22 AM
Well buh bye. See yaaaa in a month.

StoopTroup
9/19/2010, 09:24 AM
Maybe he got his putter mixed up with is puter.

Crucifax Autumn
9/19/2010, 09:29 AM
I'm just thinking if it takes a month to play golf he's doing it wrong.

tanjou
9/19/2010, 09:44 AM
http://imgur.com/pCwxm.gif

bluedogok
9/19/2010, 10:03 AM
I'm just thinking if it takes a month to play golf he's doing it wrong.
I hope he lets others play through....

Lott's Bandana
9/19/2010, 10:05 AM
What pisses me off is that people that call themselves Sooners fans don't live in Norman and go off to places like Broken Arrow to reside, only temporarily becoming real Sooners fans a few times a year.

:P

Leroy Lizard
9/19/2010, 11:43 AM
Unbelievable...If you don't want to stand (section 34), frickin go home and watch it on tv.

If they didn't want us to sit, they wouldn't have put in seats.

StoopTroup
9/19/2010, 12:53 PM
If they didn't want us to sit, they wouldn't have put in seats.

Those are there so we can stand on them dumbass....pay attention.

sooner59
9/19/2010, 12:54 PM
Those are there so we can stand on them dumbass....pay attention.

:D

Crucifax Autumn
9/19/2010, 12:55 PM
Rip out all the seats. Problem solved.

YWIA

sooner59
9/19/2010, 12:56 PM
Install heaters that make the bleachers 200 degrees.

josh09
9/19/2010, 01:06 PM

I think most of the reason the fans were a little flat was due to the heat, and obviously the sub-par performance of our team. In my opinion, we need more night games this time of year. Ive been way too hot the past 2 games.

bluedogok
9/19/2010, 01:08 PM
Standing is overrated...after all that is an A&M tradition...isn't it...

sooner59
9/19/2010, 01:12 PM
Standing is overrated...after all that is an A&M tradition...isn't it...

There could be a compromise. Stand and make noise for the defense, sit and be quiet for the offense. On good offensive plays, stand and clap and yell for them. Student section stands at all times like always. Standing and making noise isn't an A&M tradition, just a football tradition. Its not the 18th green at the Masters. :D

setem
9/19/2010, 01:15 PM
All you people who call yourself fans! You never graduated from OU and you have no affiliation to the University...HOW CAN YOU BEEN CALLED SOONERS? HU? YOU GUYS ARE SCUM WHO SIT DOWN! THIS IS REAL LIFE AND MORE THAN A GAME! GET OUT WE DON'T WANT YA HERE!

I do hate people who **** on the players during the game. I do not want to hear that you think Landry is the worst QB ever while I am watching the game.

Sooner98
9/19/2010, 01:17 PM
Clearly, the game was as close as it was, because they decided to pay too much tribute to the Air Force. There is no other explanation.

sooner59
9/19/2010, 01:20 PM
The most I do is say, "Geez, come on Landry." if he makes a boneheaded play. But I still support him and cheer him on. Some of these people never cheer for him and just blast him when he does something wrong. He's our QB, he needs support even if he's not playing stellar. It gets old when people around you just blast him and when he makes a great play, they are silent. Some people you could just give them a million bucks and they would bitch about the taxes that would come out of it. :rolleyes:

bluedogok
9/19/2010, 01:29 PM
The most I do is say, "Geez, come on Landry." if he makes a boneheaded play. But I still support him and cheer him on. Some of these people never cheer for him and just blast him when he does something wrong. He's our QB, he needs support even if he's not playing stellar. It gets old when people around you just blast him and when he makes a great play, they are silent. Some people you could just give them a million bucks and they would bitch about the taxes that would come out of it. :rolleyes:
I think too many forget just how bad quarterbacking can be...they have erased the Blake years from their memory. Sure I get disappointed in the way players play at times but the QB play in the Stoops era is light years beyond the QB/offensive scheme of the moment under Blake with changes in scheme sometimes in the middle of games.

I also don't "expect" a championship every year, I realize that championship level teams are a special thing and don't come around all that often and most schools don't even have to concern themselves with thinking about that. My expectations were a bit tempered by the 90's.

setem
9/19/2010, 01:37 PM
I hear so much crap coming from people at the stadium. I don't even know why someone would want to go to the game if they are just going to be negative and ****ty the whole time.

Collier11
9/19/2010, 01:41 PM
my balls were really sweaty, I stood up at my TG just to let the drip effect take place

oudavid1

Dont take the game to seriously

sooner59
I hear so much crap coming from people at the stadium. I don't even know why someone would want to go to the game if they are just going to be negative and ****ty the whole time.

This. +1

sooner59
9/19/2010, 01:43 PM
my balls were really sweaty, I stood up at my TG just to let the drip effect take place

Hence the puddle near the ice chest.

PhiDeltBeers
9/19/2010, 01:44 PM
I guess you guys misunderstood my post. I played golf this morning. My team shot a 59 and I had both long drives on the par 5's out of over 100 people (guess I was a little p:ssed this morning ; ) ). What I meant by see you next month is in Norman (when we play again). Apparently, a lot of you were the ones sitting yesterday. I go back on what I said. Sitting is fine when we're up by 50 in the second half or on offense even. But, this was a 3 point game in the 4th quarter. I just tend to think that the players would like us to make a little noise. And after speaking with my neighbor, he said there was only about 10% of the student section at the game in the 2nd half. Looks like it's time for Stoops to call out the fans again like he did in 08.

Mississippi Sooner
9/19/2010, 01:45 PM
Yeah, anytime I start to think critically of a quarterback in the Stoops era, I just think back to Eric Moore, Justin Fuente and that whole cast of characters that played QB in 98. It can certainly be much, much worse.

oudavid1
9/19/2010, 01:47 PM
I guess you guys misunderstood my post. I played golf this morning. My team shot a 59 and I had both long drives on the par 5's out of over 100 people (guess I was a little p:ssed this morning ; ) ). What I meant by see you next month is in Norman (when we play again). Apparently, a lot of you were the ones sitting yesterday. I go back on what I said. Sitting is fine when we're up by 50 in the second half or on offense even. But, this was a 3 point game in the 4th quarter. I just tend to think that the players would like us to make a little noise. And after speaking with my neighbor, he said there was only about 10% of the student section at the game in the 2nd half. Looks like it's time for Stoops to call out the fans again like he did in 08.

Not for a triple option run only Air Force team, they stayed in the game because of their fluke offense and they were defending a vanilla offense. Yeah i said it. I left with 7 minutes left, thats how worried i was when a certain security issue presented itself.

Besides, OU-Tx will make up for it.

Collier11
9/19/2010, 01:50 PM

Listen man, the people who dont stand and cheer the majority of the game bug me too but cmon now, did you really pay all that money to bitch and moan about that crap or to enjoy the Sooners?

sooner59
9/19/2010, 02:04 PM
It saddens me when out of 25-30 students around me in student section, there are probably 3 or 4 in addition to me that are yelling on defense. You can't make people care, but it kinda sucks. Atmosphere is a great thing at a game, and lately the atmosphere has been lacking. Gotta love our spoiled fairweather fans. Oh well.

StoopTroup
9/19/2010, 02:09 PM
I left with 7 minutes left, thats how worried i was when a certain security issue presented itself.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/69/192431662_2d84f592f0.jpg

bluedogok
9/19/2010, 02:15 PM
I never understood how standing made a bit of difference in cheering. I also tend to be one who gets more wound up on the inside and is a little more "focused" on the game than someone screaming their head off. The ones screaming their heads off is fine with me in the proper situation (like on defense) but don't chastise others because they may not "support the team" in the same fashion as you.

Now leaving early for no apparent reason is a different thing entirely with me. I have left two games early that I can remember like USC in 1982, it was disgusting, we went back to the dorm (Walker 6 West) and drank. The other was the season opener against North Carolina were the field was almost flooded. I have been there till the bitter end win or lose for the rest of them.

StoopTroup
9/19/2010, 02:17 PM
The reason folks sit down is the fault of the folks on the front row. Once they sit down....it starts a tsunami all the way to row 60. It's their fault! In the South EZ it's the Handicap Sections fault. Some of you need to go over there and straighten them out next game. :D ;)

badger
9/19/2010, 02:19 PM
In defense of our fans, I can't count how many times I've seen a few jumbotrons this season remind home crowds to STFU when their team is on offense. You will never, ever, see that at Owen Field.

For example, in the almighty SEC yesterday (Arky at Georgia), there was a big display on their Dawgvision (or whatever they call it) exclaiming "Quiet Please! Offense at work!" It's like... awwwww, all that SEC football and no football knowledge :P

sooner59
9/19/2010, 02:23 PM
I can't believe that there is a debate as to whether or not people should stand (at certain times) or make noise at a college football game. That is baffling. Never equated college football to a tennis match before.

bluedogok
9/19/2010, 03:09 PM
It isn't standing every so often, it is the Aggie "you have to stand the whole game" attitude of some fans. I know that it was difficult for my dad to stand up/sit down a lot the past few seasons before he had knee replacement surgery this past summer on one knee and plans on other the other done after the season so it shouldn't be an issue for him after that. Him having to have help getting up and down from the seat to be able to see what's happening grew a bit tiresome for him and he didn't go to a few games last season opting to give the tickets to my sister and nephew or a friend. Considering how long he waited to get season tickets I know that was a killer for him to do. I can understand the fans down low needing to stand up to see and the tsunami effect going up, given how low the first rows are (and I have sat often on the first row of Section 1) it is just a fact of life but the attitude of having standing up to make noise is just bogus to me.

OUwinsagain
9/19/2010, 03:40 PM
Yeah, I have heard a lot of crazy loud crowds that were sitting down! Get off your *** and make some noise when the other team is on offense and the game is close. Fans can and do make a difference all across the country. Sit down while our team is on offense or when we are up by 3 touchdowns or more.

sooner59
9/19/2010, 03:43 PM
That is completely understandable. No reason to stand up the whole game if you aren't in the student section. Just on big plays and what not, people will stand and others tell them to sit. That's bogus. But no need for folks in the entire stadium to stand the entire game. And as long people make noise, they don't have to stand, but if the person in front of them is standing on a big 3rd and 2, then I say, tough. If you go to the game, that is to be expected. But if the person in front of you stands the entire game when others around them are sitting, that ***hole needs to sit...at the very least when we are on offense when we are blowing someone out.

StoopTroup
9/19/2010, 03:43 PM
The Monster has an attitude. If the Monster is giving 17.5 points...they expect Stoops to give them and 18 point + win before halftime. Then they can go down to O'Connells and get a table and start lining out shots.

Leroy Lizard
9/19/2010, 03:56 PM
Old people with bad knees should be able to enjoy the game too.

Collier11
9/19/2010, 04:48 PM
People pay to have the right to sit or stand, that doesnt bother me. My issue is and always has been when people try to tell me or other fans what to do, those people are the a-holes

StoopTroup
9/19/2010, 04:54 PM
I would love to have a crowd as loud as what we had during the Nebraska 2000 game in Norman. My ears were ringing an hour after the game was over. Thing is...not every game is gonna be like that. If it was...I'd probably have to hire a stunt guy to scream for me the next 20 years Bob is Coach. Ten years of very few folks becoming new Season Ticket holders is bound to have an effect on how loud folks are. The Student section is the one that has to keep up the traditions IMO. The rest of us must continue to tell them to step it up.

The guy they gave kudos to Saturday that had been going to games since 1947....

WOW!

Great guy...Great Sooner!

sooner59
9/19/2010, 05:02 PM
I would love to have a crowd as loud as what we had during the Nebraska 2000 game in Norman. My ears were ringing an hour after the game was over. Thing is...not every game is gonna be like that. If it was...I'd probably have to hire a stunt guy to scream for me the next 20 years Bob is Coach. Ten years of very few folks becoming new Season Ticket holders is bound to have an effect on how loud folks are. The Student section is the one that has to keep up the traditions IMO. The rest of us must continue to tell them to step it up.

The guy they gave kudos to Saturday that had been going to games since 1947....

WOW!

Great guy...Great Sooner!

I know, that was amazing.

cdlbdd
9/19/2010, 05:04 PM
Old people with bad knees should be able to enjoy the game too.

They can, from their couches or recliners at home, or from the handicap seats.

Piware
9/19/2010, 05:05 PM
Well, guess what. The people who stand in front of me hack me off. Since some of us have been season ticket holders longer than some of the newbies have been alive, did you ever stop to consider the person sitting behind you hobbled 8 blocks on a newly replaced knee, are uncomfortable in the early season heat and STILL make as much noise as the kids?

We stand on defense but have enough sense to sit down and shut up when we are on offense. Most of us know when we are in the audible zone - see lots of students that don't. Over the years we have donated thousands of dollars to the program and have put a couple of generations through OU?

We "sometimes sitters" want everybody to have fun. I for one don't appreciate the alcoholically overindulged who puke when they get hot or have to be removed. Gratefully that is the exception rather than the rule.

Before you bash other fans it would be helpful to remember that this is NOT just about you. Thanks - I feel better now.

Collier11
9/19/2010, 05:09 PM
And it is not about you, you have the right to sit down just as much as I have the right to stand up. If you dont like people to stand up in front of you, STFU! I wont bitch at you for sitting down and I expect the same treatment.

And I could care less how long you have been a donor or had your seats, I paid my dues. I have a degree and paid my $50k in tuition

Now, having said that, I have respect for my elders and the people around me so If I notice that someone behind my is having a hard time, I wont stand just for the sake of standing but when I choose to stand, I dont want to hear it. Fair enough?

sooner59
9/19/2010, 05:12 PM
And it is not about you, you have the right to sit down just as much as I have the right to stand up. If you dont like people to stand up in front of you, STFU! I wont bitch at you for sitting down and I expect the same treatment.

And I could care less how long you have been a donor or had your seats, I paid my dues. I have a degree and paid my $50k in tuition

Now, having said that, I have respect for my elders and the people around me so If I notice that someone behind my is having a hard time, I wont stand just for the sake of standing but when I choose to stand, I dont want to hear it. Fair enough?

My opinion matters more than yours because OU will have more of my money because I am in my 2nd year of OU grad school after 6 years of OU undergrad. And I will strive to have more kids than you just so I can put more through the OU system. :D

Collier11
9/19/2010, 05:15 PM
Yep, we are paying far more for our education than those cats ever did, lol

Piware
9/19/2010, 05:26 PM

I think I may have hit a nerve. My point is we have all paid our dues and, some of us have been paying as long or longer than others. I try to be polite but in your case, you can STFU. Incidentally, there has been one time that I asked the big doofus standing in front of me to sit down - he fell backwards onto me because he was so drunk then promptly staggered to a standing position again.

I don't care if you sit, stand or cartwheel around the stadium. You sound pretty disrespectful about other people's rights. I will respect yours but you respect mine and others. That's what I think is fair enough!

Crucifax Autumn
9/19/2010, 05:30 PM
:pop:

sooner59
9/19/2010, 05:30 PM
FAIR ENOUGH!!!

http://pics4.city-data.com/cpicc/cfiles29910.jpg

Collier11
9/19/2010, 05:37 PM

I think I may have hit a nerve. My point is we have all paid our dues and, some of us have been paying as long or longer than others. I try to be polite but in your case, you can STFU. Incidentally, there has been one time that I asked the big doofus standing in front of me to sit down - he fell backwards onto me because he was so drunk then promptly staggered to a standing position again.

I don't care if you sit, stand or cartwheel around the stadium. You sound pretty disrespectful about other people's rights. I will respect yours but you respect mine and others. That's what I think is fair enough!

Guess you missed the part that I highlighted. Like I said, I am aware of those around me and I do my best to respect them but there are times when I want to stand that im sure some people dont want me to be, that is my right. I dont do it to spite people and I dont unnecessarily stand up just to do it. I also dont go into the stadium drunk. I get your point and it sucks that you have to deal with people like that but ultimately it comes down to the individual.

All I can say is that if I am standing up enjoying the game and im not acting like an azz and you tell me to sit down, im gonna turn around and smile at you and say sorry, no can do

Collier11
9/19/2010, 05:41 PM
Id like to add to this convo that I have never been asked to sit down at an OU football game although ive had friends who were, I have been TOLD to sit down at OU bball games as well as pro baseball games.

A little bit of manners goes a long way. I would gladly make it a point to try and stay out of the way as much as possible if the person making the request would do it with tact and respect

cdlbdd
9/19/2010, 05:45 PM
Thanks - I feel better now.

I'm glad. The hissy fit/tantrum thing works for my niece as well.

Lott's Bandana
9/19/2010, 05:46 PM
We got ourselves a convo!

[/URL][URL="http://img203.imageshack.us/i/smokeymf.jpg/"]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/277/smokeymf.jpg (http://www.glowfoto.com/static_image/19-172824L/2967/jpg/09/2010/img4/glowfoto)

StoopTroup
9/19/2010, 05:48 PM
I think folks should maybe take a look around at who is volunteering to help at the Stadium. There are a bunch of Boy Scouts who get in free but stand for almost the entire game. They help in many ways and are a reminder to all of us who think we have the right to act any damn way we want because we bought a ticket or paid a bunch of dough for a degree. Bottom line...you don't have the right. Item 16 on the back of your ticket clearly states "Management reserves the right to eject, and revoke any ticket to future events without refund, any person who violates any of the terms of this license; any University rule, regulation, policy or procedure; instructions of Law Enforcement, Stadium Security, or University Staff; or, any State, Local, or Federal Laws. Violators are subject to immediate arrest, prosecution, and permanent revocation of this license."

If someone whether or not it's a Boy Scout or a Water Vendor asks you to sit down and get along with the others around you and you don't....say you want to act like a Leroid and argue with them until you are blue in the face....I'm betting you'll not forget the lesson you learn from that experience.

One thing I try to do is this....

If you ask me to sit down so you can see and everyone in front of me is standing up....you are way out of line IMO. I have just as much right to see the game as you do and if you are physically unable to stand due to some sort of physical disability...I think you should contact the University about the possibility of getting seats in a Handicap Area. You have the right to be able to see the game and I believe if you have a disability....OU will more than likely assist you in getting seats that can accommodate your needs without having to ask others where you are currently to have to be considerate of Special Needs. If it's just a one game deal...I'm betting you could even get the Boy Scouts in the South EZ to let you take one of the open seats down there if available. There always seems to be quite a few open by halftime every game. Some of those folks aren't always able to stay for a whole game.

Piware
9/19/2010, 05:48 PM
And I would like to add that I have never TOLD anyone to sit down - I asked the drunk. I think what you are saying is that even if you are aware that you are causing a problem for someone else, you will do what you want to do regardless. Classy!

Collier11
9/19/2010, 05:51 PM
And I would like to add that I have never TOLD anyone to sit down - I asked the drunk. I think what you are saying is that even if you are aware that you are causing a problem for someone else, you will do what you want to do regardless. Classy!

if you are talking to me, please show me where I said that. I clearly stated that If someone is nice about it, I will do my best to be completely respectful of them. I also said that I never stand up just to be a dick, my statement was that if I am into the game and something happens that evokes me to stand up I am not going to remain seated just because you dont want to stand up

Piware
9/19/2010, 05:56 PM
All I can say is that if I am standing up enjoying the game and im not acting like an azz and you tell me to sit down, im gonna turn around and smile at you and say sorry, no can do

You and your friends seem to get told to sit down a lot. Coincidence? Maybe so. I rest my case.

cdlbdd
9/19/2010, 05:56 PM
"Management reserves the right to eject, and revoke any ticket to future events without refund, any person who violates any of the terms of this license; any University rule, regulation, policy or procedure; instructions of Law Enforcement, Stadium Security, or University Staff; or, any State, Local, or Federal Laws. Violators are subject to immediate arrest, prosecution, and permanent revocation of this license."

If someone whether or not it's a Boy Scout or a Water Vendor asks you to sit down and get along with the others around you and you don't....say you want to act like a Leroid and argue with them until you are blue in the face....I'm betting you'll not forget the lesson you learn from that experience.

If an OU employee or representative (in the form, as you suggest I think, of a Boy Scout or Water Vendor) asks me to be seated I think I would probably have a hard time telling the guy to buzz off. However, I have no problem (and don't even consider it rude or impolite) telling the fan sitting behind me that I'm not going to take a seat so that (s)he can sit the whole game.

cdlbdd
9/19/2010, 05:58 PM
I'm not going to take a seat so that (s)he can sit the whole game.

Or even part of a game for that matter.

Collier11
9/19/2010, 05:58 PM
You and your friends seem to get told to sit down a lot. Coincidence? Maybe so. I rest my case.

Not really, ive been to hundreds of games in my life and been told or asked to sit down 3 times.

Someone telling me or asking me to sit down has nothing to do with my actions, I dont go to a game and act like an azz, I understand that some do but I dont.

Im getting the feeling that you are one of those that leaves in the 3rd qt to beat traffic

StoopTroup
9/19/2010, 05:59 PM
A little bit of manners goes a long way. I would gladly make it a point to try and stay out of the way as much as possible if the person making the request would do it with tact and respect

Tact or respect....I'm gonna tell ya Bro....once a Cop is over there and asks ya...it won't have anything to do with the folks who asked you without tact or respect. I'd say 99% of the time...you're gonna be the bad guy if you even try to start that "They didn't ask me nice BS"....LMAO

Collier11
9/19/2010, 06:04 PM
Ive never once had a cop or security guard ask me to sit down, like I said, I am never an azz about it. I just dont put up with fans who act like I have to sit down cus they say so, if I am enjoying the game and Im not standing up during unnecessary times, I have just as much right to stand and im certainly not gonna sit just cus someone wants to sit on their fat butt all game and complain.

My point in what you highlighted earlier is that if someone is behind me and taps me on the shoulder and says something like, "would you mind sitting down because of so and so" id do it, its the people who yell or raise their voice and say, "you up front, you need to sit down", those people are the ones I dont deal with

Piware
9/19/2010, 06:06 PM
Okay Collier - we got it. You da man!

cdlbdd
9/19/2010, 06:06 PM
Tact or respect....I'm gonna tell ya Bro....once a Cop is over there and asks ya...it won't have anything to do with the folks who asked you without tact or respect. I'd say 99% of the time...you're gonna be the bad guy if you even try to start that "They didn't ask me nice BS"....LMAO

I think collier's point is that, if tact and respect are present at the initial request to sit down, then there should be no real reason to involve a peace officer.

OUthunder
9/19/2010, 06:08 PM
I think folks should maybe take a look around at who is volunteering to help at the Stadium. There are a bunch of Boy Scouts who get in free but stand for almost the entire game. They help in many ways and are a reminder to all of us who think we have the right to act any damn way we want because we bought a ticket or paid a bunch of dough for a degree. Bottom line...you don't have the right. Item 16 on the back of your ticket clearly states "Management reserves the right to eject, and revoke any ticket to future events without refund, any person who violates any of the terms of this license; any University rule, regulation, policy or procedure; instructions of Law Enforcement, Stadium Security, or University Staff; or, any State, Local, or Federal Laws. Violators are subject to immediate arrest, prosecution, and permanent revocation of this license."

If you ask me to sit down so you can see and everyone in front of me is standing up....you are way out of line IMO. I have just as much right to see the game as you do and if you are physically unable to stand due to some sort of physical disability...I think you should contact the University about the possibility of getting seats in a Handicap Area. You have the right to be able to see the game and I believe if you have a disability....OU will more than likely assist you in getting seats that can accommodate your needs without having to ask others where you are currently to have to be considerate of Special Needs. If it's just a one game deal...I'm betting you could even get the Boy Scouts in the South EZ to let you take one of the open seats down there if available. There always seems to be quite a few open by halftime every game. Some of those folks aren't always able to stay for a whole game.

Excellent post. I have kids and I like to sit on my *** and enjoy the game. I'd rather see my ticket go to a crazy fan who makes some noise.

Plus, having a free bar and clean toilet withing ten feet was the closer, so I stay home and enjoy the games with my wife unit. :D

The Boy Scouts earn those free tickets IMHO. Great point!

Collier11
9/19/2010, 06:09 PM
Okay Collier - we got it. You da man!

I think collier's point is that, if tact and respect are present at the initial request to sit down, then there should be no real reason to involve a peace officer.

My point is that ive never once had to have a peace officer get involved, the people that are rude have no right to be that way. If respect is used, there is never an issue. Ol' Piware is acting like he is entitled, those are the people that dont get what they want.

Stoop knows me, he knows im not a rude person. My argument was more based on how some people have acted towards me unnecessarily than that of my actual personality

StoopTroup
9/19/2010, 06:11 PM

I'm sure it is...but in the real world.....

Not a requirement.

You'll spend the rest of the game outside the stadium if you try and argue that ****. I promise you....even if the biggest a-hole in Oklahoma tells you to sit down so he can see....you're gonna lose.

Collier11
9/19/2010, 06:13 PM
Not True ^ if you are standing only during game action which is what I do, the other guy has no more right to tell me to sit down than I have to tell him to stand up. Of course, most people have enough common sense to not ask someone to sit during actual game action

StoopTroup
9/19/2010, 06:14 PM
Not True ^ if you are standing only during game action which is what I do, the other guy has no more right to tell me to sit down than I have to tell him to stand up. Of course, most people have enough common sense to not ask someone to sit during actual game action

If he gets up and goes and gets a Cop....

I bet you'll sit down.

Collier (DON'T TASE ME BRO!) V

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/E6ztvAoop-o/0.jpg

Collier11
9/19/2010, 06:15 PM
If he got a cop cus of me, he'd have to get one for the entire stadium. As I said, I only stand during game action which is my right

StoopTroup
9/19/2010, 06:18 PM
Read the back of your ticket taser boy....lol

Collier11
9/19/2010, 06:19 PM
I have, you have to be unreasonable in your actions

StoopTroup
9/19/2010, 06:20 PM
If Carl tells you to sit the **** down.....you betta sit the **** down.

bluedogok
9/19/2010, 06:21 PM
The definition of "unreasonable" is not yours, it's the officers.

StoopTroup
9/19/2010, 06:22 PM

I thought that too....

The year Sam got flipped in stoolwater....we were at the edge of the OU seats screaming our asses off. Some loSer fans told us to quiet down and we told them "Whatever". The next thing I know the stoolwater PD is there telling us to quiet down. If he'd have told me to sit down too...I would have.

Collier11
9/19/2010, 06:22 PM
"Management reserves the right to eject, and revoke any ticket to future events without refund, any person who violates any of the terms of this license; any University rule, regulation, policy or procedure; instructions of Law Enforcement, Stadium Security, or University Staff; or, any State, Local, or Federal Laws. Violators are subject to immediate arrest, prosecution, and permanent revocation of this license."

As I said, you have to be out of line or unreasonable in your actions. of course the stadium staff can eject you but it has to be provoked. I have never once in my life, even when I sat in the student section have I seen anyone get ejected for standing up all game

If you ask me to sit down so you can see and everyone in front of me is standing up....you are way out of line IMO. I have just as much right to see the game as you do and if you are physically unable to stand due to some sort of physical disability....

Thats all im saying Stoop ^ As I said, ive been going to OU football games since 1997 and never once been in a situation where a peace officer was brought in, and I stand during game action as I said. Im not unreasonable about it, although im sure some people are

Piware
9/19/2010, 06:23 PM
You can take the "entitled" remark and stuff it. I have never called an officer or stadium security. If everyone is standing, I stand too. If I don't want to I try to look around them or watch the jumbotron.

Collier is making a lot of assumptions about what I do at the games when he has no idea what he is talking about. This debate was started by some guy calling people out who do NOT stand the whole game. Most debates present both sides of the issue and my point is that being browbeaten to stand is unfair. For example, you can't SEE congestive heart failure from the outside.

Collier took exception and got smart. This was not a personal attack on his behavior but he got defensive in a hurry. I am going to love watching him get old. Maybe his level of compassion for people that support the program regardless will be different - but I doubt it.

If you are being a dipwad, know it and don't mind - good for you and YOUR sense of entitlement. As I said before, you can sit, stand or do cartwheels as I don't give a flyin' flip. But thanks for the advice. The next time I will call a cop and I hope others will follow suit. That is all.

Collier11
9/19/2010, 06:24 PM
If Carl tells you to sit the **** down.....you betta sit the **** down.

F Carl and his messican azz

The definition of "unreasonable" is not yours, it's the officers.

That is obvious, again though, just cus someone demands that you sit down doesnt mean jack. I have seen officers deem them unreasonable, there are individual situations each time.

I thought that too....

The year Sam got flipped in stoolwater....we were at the edge of the OU seats screaming our asses off. Some loSer fans told us to quiet down and we told them "Whatever". The next thing I know the stoolwater PD is there telling us to quiet down. If he'd have told me to sit down too...I would have.

Well if you are in enemy territory what do you expect

StoopTroup
9/19/2010, 06:26 PM
Thats all im saying Stoop ^ As I said, ive been going to OU football games since 1997 and never once been in a situation where a peace officer was brought in, and I stand during game action as I said. Im not unreasonable about it, although im sure some people are

If you've sat in the same seats every year and the folks around you are the same folks every year...the chances of you having a confrontation is low.

Let's say you win the lotto and you are able to upgrade to the Skip and Muffy Donor Section and you try to stand up in front of Skip's Wife all game. I'm betting your gonna sit down.

Collier11
9/19/2010, 06:27 PM
You can take the "entitled" remark and stuff it. I have never called an officer or stadium security. If everyone is standing, I stand too. If I don't want to I try to look around them or watch the jumbotron.

Collier is making a lot of assumptions about what I do at the games when he has no idea what he is talking about. This debate was started by some guy calling people out who do NOT stand the whole game. Most debates present both sides of the issue and my point is that being browbeaten to stand is unfair. For example, you can't SEE congestive heart failure from the outside.

Collier took exception and got smart. This was not a personal attack on his behavior but he got defensive in a hurry. I am going to love watching him get old. Maybe his level of compassion for people that support the program regardless will be different - but I doubt it.

If you are being a dipwad, know it and don't mind - good for you and YOUR sense of entitlement. As I said before, you can sit, stand or do cartwheels as I don't give a flyin' flip. But thanks for the advice. The next time I will call a cop and I hope others will follow suit. That is all.

I have complete compassion for others when they show tact, it is pretty simple. And my statements about you were soley based on your statements towards others.

I am going to repeat this for the last time, I have never acted like an azz at games, I show respect for those around me, because of this I have never gotten in trouble or been in a situation where others had to get involved. I have seen people who do act like azzes, if you have to deal with them then I am sorry but thats not me. If you arent rude to me then I will respect you, it is simple Golden Rule type stuff my man.

Piware
LOL!!! 1997??? Call me in another 30 years.

Collier11
If you've sat in the same seats every year and the folks around you are the same folks every year...the chances of you having a confrontation is low.

Let's say you win the lotto and you are able to upgrade to the Skip and Muffy Donor Section and you try to stand up in front of Skip's Wife all game. I'm betting your gonna sit down.

I had the same tix for about 3 years, then I was a student, now I buy tix off of random fans and sit in random seats for any game I go to

StoopTroup
9/19/2010, 06:28 PM
Granny Clampett will kick yo azz if you don't STFD!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_GrU2mHrTwDw/SCd5DzSz_RI/AAAAAAAAAXk/l2wM-stn8OE/s320/granny.jpg

Collier11
9/19/2010, 06:29 PM
LOL!!! 1997??? Call me in another 30 years.

Im supposed to be impressed because you are older than me? Doesnt mean jack my man. Like I said, I went to OU, have a degree hanging on my wall, I bought my season tix before Stoops when OU sucked and I have spent a ton of money watching OU all over the country.

Im not in ANY way saying that makes me anything special or some sort of better fan, im simply saying that it makes me no better than you and you no better than me. We are all fans of OU and should afford each other equal respect, if you do that, I am the nicest guy around town :D

StoopTroup
9/19/2010, 06:30 PM
ALBQ is gonna make you a "I'll sit down if you ask me nice" T-Shirt. :D

Collier11
9/19/2010, 06:31 PM
Go sleep in your car

cdlbdd
9/19/2010, 06:31 PM

I think, in almost all circumstances, it depends on what the person in front of you is doing. If the person in front of me is standing, I'm going to stand. I think that if 'Muffy' calls a police officer and asks him to have me take my seat during a kickoff, when dozens of rows of people in front of me are standing, the police officer is going to let her know that she can stand if she would like or sit, but that he isn't going to ask me to take a seat.

OKLA21FAN
9/19/2010, 06:35 PM
I thought that too....

or you might have been screaming.....'don't taze me bro'!!!!

Collier11
9/19/2010, 06:36 PM
Lets start over here Piware and then be done with it...

If everyone in front of me is standing, especially during game play, im standing. I think it would be unreasonable of you or anyone else to ask me to sit in that situation and I would expect that you wouldnt

If everyone in front of me is sitting, I am sitting. If it is a timeout or halftime, I am sitting.

If everyone in front of me is standing and you tell me to sit, im gonna tell you no and explain why, sorry

If everyone in front of me is sitting or I have a clear view from my seat and you ask me to sit, I will probably sit but dont be surprised if I jump up on occasion out of excitement

If you are an azz to me without provocation, im gonna be an *** to you. Ive had that happen once at an OU bball game

I think we are probably on the same page, we just got off to a bad start

If you think anything I said above is unreasonable then I dont know what to tell you but I doubt you do

StoopTroup
9/19/2010, 06:36 PM
I think, in almost all circumstances, it depends on what the person in front of you is doing. If the person in front of me is standing, I'm going to stand. I think that if 'Muffy' calls a police officer and asks him to have me take my seat during a kickoff, when dozens of rows of people in front of me are standing, the police officer is going to let her know that she can stand if she would like or sit, but that he isn't going to ask me to take a seat.

LMAO...

You've been to a game right?

cdlbdd
9/19/2010, 06:38 PM
LMAO...

You've been to a game right?

Several.

StoopTroup
9/19/2010, 06:52 PM
Several.

Have been around the Cops when they respond to a disturbance?

cdlbdd
9/19/2010, 07:05 PM
Have been around the Cops when they respond to a disturbance?

Indeed I have.

Have you observed police officers requiring someone to sit in the situation I presented earlier in this thread? (post # 98 if you need a refresher)

Collier11
9/19/2010, 07:11 PM
Absolutely never. Standing when everyone stands is not a disturbance, not sure what youre arguing here Stoop. Its a non issue unless the person standing becomes belligerent or his intoxicated

StoopTroup
9/19/2010, 07:13 PM
Indeed I have.

Have you observed police officers requiring someone to sit in the situation I presented earlier in this thread? (post # 98 if you need a refresher)

I have observed quite a few folks getting escorted the **** out and/or getting the option to be escorted out if they have to come up there again. 99% of the time the guy who they had to come talk to....STFU. A good number of them sat down too. If the crowd around you goes against you....you're gonna lose. It's best to be a good citizen and even if your 100% right....it might be in your best interest to leave your seat and find another place to stand. If you come to a game to bitch...your usually going to have a problem. If your drunk and obnoxious....your gonna lose.

cdlbdd
9/19/2010, 07:23 PM
I have observed quite a few folks getting escorted the **** out and/or getting the option to be escorted out if they have to come up there again. 99% of the time the guy who they had to come talk to....STFU. A good number of them sat down too. If the crowd around you goes against you....you're gonna lose. It's best to be a good citizen and even if your 100% right....it might be in your best interest to leave your seat and find another place to stand. If you come to a game to bitch...your usually going to have a problem. If your drunk and obnoxious....your gonna lose.

Nowhere in my post (again, #98 if you need to catch up) did I mention being drunk or obnoxious. I'm interested how you interpreted my situation regarding dozens of rows of people standing as the crowd going against me. I'm also curious where you read in my hypothetical any mention of coming to a game to "b*tch".

I don't believe I am defending or condoning any of these actions, but please feel free to put me in my place if my memory serves me incorrectly.

StoopTroup
9/19/2010, 07:24 PM
Lets just forget about all the earlier posts and start over then.

Exactly what is your official stance on you as a fan sucking?

Collier11
9/19/2010, 07:26 PM
LOL

cdlbdd
9/19/2010, 07:27 PM
Lets just forget about all the earlier posts and start over then.

Exactly what is your official stance on you as a fan sucking?

That I do not. ;)

JLEW1818
9/19/2010, 07:28 PM
they all copy cat and wear the same color.. .duh

sooner59
9/19/2010, 07:55 PM
OU fans suck more than Kevin Wilson's lovechild with Brent Venables! Everyone should stand the entire game....unless they would like to sit quietly and politely clap! RABBLE!

Everyone should yell Brave...unless they want to yell Sooner! You suck for cheering and getting excited...and I WILL call the cops over on you....and me....because I stood up and was too loud when I called them over! RABBLE!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3075/2549510640_46a717dbd3.jpg

But you need to sit down and stand up and be quiet and loud during timeouts and between quarters, but never during gameplay, unless the game is going on! RABBLE!

Texas sucks...always...so throw down the horn sign anytime you want, but never when we aren't playing texas! You better listen to me, because I am an officer and I am older than you, but just because you are older than me doesn't mean you can stand up the whole game! NOOB!

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/default/expression_happy.png

Don't call me an ***! You're an ***! Just be polite, like me when I have myself escorted out of a football game for cheering my team! RABBLE! RABBLE! RABBLE!!!!

I love you guys. :D

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e142/mr_frodo23/1108_going_on_tv_mean_3.jpg

Leroy Lizard
9/19/2010, 08:05 PM
They can, from their couches or recliners at home, or from the handicap seats.

I'm not talking about handicapped people. Any non-handicapped fan can be reasonably expected to stand at certain moments. However, asking older people to stand the entire game is completely unreasonable.

As for asking them to stay home, that is just plain arrogant.

sooner59
9/19/2010, 08:11 PM
F Carl and his messican azz

That is obvious, again though, just cus someone demands that you sit down doesnt mean jack. I have seen officers deem them unreasonable, there are individual situations each time.

Well if you are in enemy territory what do you expect

Heh. :D

cdlbdd
9/19/2010, 08:27 PM
I'm not talking about handicapped people. Any non-handicapped fan can be reasonably expected to stand at certain moments. However, asking older people to stand the entire game is completely unreasonable.

As for asking them to stay home, that is just plain arrogant.

I would not ask them to stand.

I would not ask them to stay home either.

I feel I would be out of line to do either. Just as I would feel out of line asking someone in front of me to sit if the person in front of them was standing.

Older people should certainly attend games if they would like. If the amount of standing at games causes them discomfort, I doubt they would enjoy their time watching Sooner Football. I have already mentioned two (of, no doubt, several) remedies that they may choose to address this problem.

1) Handicapped seats
2) Loveseats

goingoneight
9/19/2010, 08:29 PM
I sit when I get a chance to, but "chances" are TV timeouts, injuries, pregame warmups, halftime and when we're up by 50. And I don't argue with people who politely ask me to sit or move because this is exactly what I'd do if some freakishly tall dood was standing in front of me and I can't see around him anyway I try.

Home of the "Brave."

Fire Stoops!!!!111!1[hairGel]

Leroy Lizard
9/19/2010, 10:38 PM
I would not ask them to stand.

I would not ask them to stay home either.

I feel I would be out of line to do either. Just as I would feel out of line asking someone in front of me to sit if the person in front of them was standing.

Older people should certainly attend games if they would like. If the amount of standing at games causes them discomfort, I doubt they would enjoy their time watching Sooner Football. I have already mentioned two (of, no doubt, several) remedies that they may choose to address this problem.

1) Handicapped seats
2) Loveseats

You have the selfish attitudes of a teenager.

There is a notion out there called consideration. Here is how it works: "I would love to stand the entire time, but doing so would make it tough for the older person behind me to see the game, since he is probably incapable of standing for that long. I think I'll sit, so they can enjoy the game too."

It's a part of being mature.

setem
9/19/2010, 10:55 PM
If your drunk and obnoxious....your gonna lose.

Wait...what? They better post up a damn riot unit next to me and the entire student section because I/we act a fool the whole game longs...er...till its time to lea...when the Sooners get up by more than one point!

btk108
9/19/2010, 10:58 PM
how the hell did I get drug into this?....I was just standing here minding my own business......bastids!

cdlbdd
9/20/2010, 12:08 AM

There is a notion out there called consideration. Here is how it works: "I would love to stand the entire time, but doing so would make it tough for the older person behind me to see the game, since he is probably incapable of standing for that long. I think I'll sit, so they can enjoy the game too."

If there is no one standing in front of me, I do not stand.

If there is someone standing in front of me, I stand.

I do not champion standing the entire game, just for the sake of standing. It would certainly be unreasonable to expect an older person to stand the whole game for no reason.

I have only defended standing when there, in fact, is a reason to do so. That reason, for me, is whether or not the person in front of me is standing.

To address the situation you articulate above:
If there is no one standing in front of me, then I would gladly (and more than likely without having to be reminded) take my seat. If there is someone in front of me, I would say "I'm sorry you can't see the game, but I must stand to see. I hope you understand."

How would you react in the same situation?

sooner59
9/20/2010, 12:14 AM
LL is just arguing with you because he is bored. He doesn't even disagree with you most likely. He just likes arguing. Just amuse him, smile, and wave.

cdlbdd
11/7/2010, 04:25 PM
They stand at A&M and they WON! See!!!

OUthunder
11/7/2010, 05:53 PM

Pot, meet kettle.