PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame Loses on Fake FG in OT!!

sooner59
9/18/2010, 10:50 PM
Unbelievable! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D

OUthunder
9/18/2010, 10:53 PM
Notre Dame losing is always great news.

Soonermagik
9/18/2010, 10:55 PM
Haha... I loved it!!!

sooner59
I know, right? LOL!

http://jeff.squyres.com/images/notre-dame-fail.jpg

Blue
Thats a shame...

StormySooner-IN
9/18/2010, 11:00 PM
That was the moment of the year so far for me. Classic. :D :D :D :D

Whet
9/18/2010, 11:06 PM
Loved it!

CrimsonJim
9/18/2010, 11:12 PM
Priceless! :D

OU-HSV
9/18/2010, 11:13 PM
That was awesome

stoopified
9/19/2010, 08:38 AM
Watched it,loved it.......seing ND lose makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

GreenSooner
9/19/2010, 08:55 AM
Caught the last two possessions in regulation and the overtime in this one.

Made me very, very happy!

For some reason, these kind of wins seem to happen more against teams I root for (e.g. OU losing to Boise State or Gibby hitting that fraking HR against the A's in the '88 World Series). So it was especially nice to see it happen to the Domers, who I always like to see lose.

Also: Mark Dantonio has big brass ones!

texaspokieokie
9/19/2010, 08:57 AM
gibson made me very happy in the 88 world series !!!

GreenSooner
9/19/2010, 09:01 AM
gibson made me very happy in the 88 world series !!!

You and apparently everyone else who isn't an A's fan, texaspokieokie.

It was a great moment and a great story. Even though I've always disliked the Dodgers, I'm sure I would have liked it if it hadn't lost a WS game for my team, 'cause I always liked Gibson during his many years in Detroit.

BoulderSooner79
9/19/2010, 10:27 AM
It was a great call and a good example of what makes CFB a great sport. I fully expected them to go for the FG and watch the kicker miss it. Fans would have ripped the coach relentlessly if it didn't work .

meoveryouxinfinity
9/19/2010, 01:18 PM
I thought this was funny. My conversation with my friend who happens to be a Notre Dame fan. I'm fairly sure he has never attended a game, if he has ever been to the state of Indiana. He is from MA and went to UMASS. He is also an avid Texas fan. I don't think he's ever been to the state of Texas.
I told him earlier in the week that ND would lose at MSU.

Me: Sparty on!!!
Me: no comment? huh. I guess your comment is hook'em.. hmmmmm
ND/Texas fan: My comment is that overall Notre Dame played a very impressive game and was beaten fair and square by an ingenious call on the last play of the game. We are playing at the level of a top-15 team right now offensively and the defense, still very young, will continue to improve as the season progresses. Notre Dame's team is full of literate, law-abiding young men whereas Oklahoma's team is populated by criminals whose position in society will be prison or low-wage jobs after finishing "college" at the intellectually challenged football factory, which, I remind you, perennially underachieves and never wins big games. Good Day.
Me: Classy. Because this game had anything to do with the University of Oklahoma. Eat your crow with a side of humble pie. 1-2. See ya!

I can't decide if he resembles a Texas fan or a Notre Dame fan more.
Academic smack talk about a school you didn't even attend... hilarity.

MeMyself&Me
9/19/2010, 01:20 PM
That sounds like all Tejas fan there to me.

sooner59
9/19/2010, 01:45 PM
Whorn logic with Domer qualities...the bible warned us, but we didn't listen.

soonersam
9/19/2010, 05:36 PM
I watched it with a ND alum @ a bar. We were well lubed from the OU game and I laughed so hard I cried and pooped a little!!!

Boozing and ND losing is Great!