PDA

View Full Version : Texas' DL is a pretty scary

rawlingsHOH
9/18/2010, 10:19 PM
I can't stand Muschamp, but it is obvious he's a fantastic coach. Jeffcoat looks to be as advertsied. I'm a little surprised, thought he was a touch overrated in HS.

I look for another swings, screens, and bubbles, gameplan for Dallas. Keep them off balance, and let them chase Murray and Broyles around.

ocsooner
9/18/2010, 10:21 PM
They are still *. As such they will always be not quite good enough when they play a real team (meaning OU).

ousooners182
9/18/2010, 10:23 PM
they're dline looks good at rushing the passer but was surprised tech was able to get 5 yards every now and then on the ground...as long as our line gives landry a few seconds and we play the way were capable of we should get the win.

Okie35
9/18/2010, 10:24 PM
Thats about it though. Tech was moving the ball easy on little dump offs. I don't know why they went away from it.

soonervegas
9/18/2010, 10:25 PM
I think the entire D looks phenominal. Luckily OU has a QB that doesn't get flustered.

Blue
9/18/2010, 10:26 PM
I'll take this opinion w/ a grain of salt.

AzianSooner
9/18/2010, 10:26 PM
Good news is our DL will harrass their OL and offense quite a lot more this year while our OL will be neck to neck with there so-call greatest DL.

Blue
9/18/2010, 10:27 PM
I think the entire D looks phenominal. Luckily OU has a QB that doesn't get flustered.

We're gonna kick their ***. That's it.

OUthunder
9/18/2010, 10:27 PM

What team are you watchin?

TXBOOMER
9/18/2010, 10:37 PM
I believe we will beat them this year but I am hopeful Landry doesn't Shart in his white pants when we play them.

sooner ngintunr
9/18/2010, 10:37 PM
* ****ing sucks, they look like ****.

proudsoonergal
9/18/2010, 10:56 PM

Oh, comedy gold. Excellent.

ouwasp
9/18/2010, 10:59 PM
Gotta admit, I dozed off when tex took a 14-0 lead. When I awoke at almost halftime, it was tied...

I watched the rest of the game mystified as to how Tech scored twice. Their OL looked almost OU '09 inept, imo. And their D was undisciplined.

Speer
9/18/2010, 11:09 PM
UT's D played well, but this was no Leach offense. Did Leach ever coach a game with less than 150 yards of total offense?

OUster
9/19/2010, 12:40 AM
I think the fact tech's o line didn't know how to pick up basic stunts made * d line look all world. When a blind commentator continually brings up that very point, I'll reserve judgement on * until they play someone worth two carps.

Statalyzer
9/19/2010, 12:46 AM
I watched the rest of the game mystified as to how Tech scored twice.

They tipped a ball at the line and intercepted it and ran it back 80ish yards. And then went on their one good drive of the game.

They are still *. As such they will always be not quite good enough when they play a real team (meaning OU).

Still living in the Carl Reese days? "Always not good enough when playing a real team" isn't really a legit criticism of Texas any more.

Tech was moving the ball easy on little dump offs

They moved the ball easy on dump-offs occasionally, but considering they had about 103 yards of offense through 3 quarters, they were never "moving the ball easy" with any bit of consistency on any sort of play.

In Dallas this year, much like last year, I expect both defenses to outplay both offenses. Right now OU's offense looks better than Texas's does, though. Tech's D wasn't playing all that well and we still only had 14 points on drives that didn't start in the Tech redzone thanks to our defense.

SCOUT
9/19/2010, 01:08 AM
Sure, the phantom calls that extended drives sure helped the * offense didn't it?

Every year that passes only makes Mangino's comments more accurate.

the_sooners_abide
9/19/2010, 09:44 AM
*'s o-line isn't too scary though. Nor anyone outside of Goodwin. Gilbert is a pick-6 waiting to happen.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/19/2010, 09:45 AM
Sure, the phantom calls that extended drives sure helped the * offense didn't it?

They will get those same calls against us too...
:gary:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/19/2010, 09:59 AM
:gary:$$$$$$$$$

hawaii 5-0
9/19/2010, 10:04 AM
I forgot. What did Mangino say?

I fully expect that same inept officiating crew in Dallas.

5-0

delhalew
9/19/2010, 10:05 AM
:gary:

Bet your arse they will.

TexasLidig8r
9/19/2010, 10:59 AM
The sooner fan base has turned into the whiniest in the country... always blaming the refs or looking for excuses.

No.. excuse me.. I was mistaken.

Nebraska fans are the biggest whiners in the world.

rawlingsHOH
9/19/2010, 11:02 AM
The sooner fan base has turned into the whiniest in the country... always blaming the refs or looking for excuses.

A large contingency of the Big 12 officials are in UTs back pocket. Hell, the conference damn near broke up because of it. LOL

Take off the effing blinders.

Every school in the conference has been hit by one of the notorious UT screw jobs.

delhalew
9/19/2010, 11:03 AM

Take your sorry horn *** straight to hell. Nobody cares about your opinion.

redkid
9/19/2010, 11:28 AM

UMMM who was it that was flying banners over games on national television whining about how they got screwed,,man I can't remember, can someone please refresh my memory??

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/19/2010, 11:58 AM
A large contingency of the Big 12 officials are in UTs back pocket. Hell, the conference damn near broke up because of it. LOL

Take off the effing blinders.

Every school in the conference has been hit by one of the notorious UT screw jobs.Lid, you are a fine guy for a whorn and a lawyer. For whatever$ reasons, your cows always get the benefit of the refs "ineptitude". It shouldn't be hard for you to see, when just about every game they play in is that way.

Jacie
9/19/2010, 12:28 PM

FTR, I thought the no-call on tech when Newton went out was wrong and given the inury situation to the whorn running backs, could have been a game changer. That would not have surprised me happening where it did, in Lubbock.

The Sooners did get jobbed in Lubbock, was it five years ago (?), twice on tech's game-winning drive and I am not talking about a missed holding call or other penalty type but on ball placement that could have and should have gone OU's way upon review. One would have turned the ball over on downs, the other resulted in a touchdown.

That was one of two serious screw jobs by officials (the Oregon game was the other) that give Sooner fans reason to scrutinize every referee action or lack thereof. They were both game changers.

As for what goes down in Dallas, emotion is going to magnify every call made in that game, such that there are no small plays, they are all significant. Maybe the calls balance out but the ones that stick out become part of the game lore and cannot be forgot or forgave.

TXBOOMER
9/19/2010, 12:42 PM
Take your sorry horn *** straight to hell. Nobody cares about your opinion.

Couldn't agree more.

47straight
9/19/2010, 01:21 PM

Sooner fans and Nebraska fans, even if they were as bad as you say they are, and even if they were twice as bad, they could never touch Mack in the whiny department.

MR2-Sooner86
9/19/2010, 01:30 PM

Yeah I forgot that one as well. What did he say?

MeMyself&Me
9/19/2010, 01:31 PM

A whoren calling another fan base whiners? Is this a joke? :confused:

That's your MO buddy. ;)

adoniijahsooner
9/19/2010, 01:45 PM
Randy Galloway down here on Espn radio has aptly named the Horns "The Whiny Orange". He has been calling them that for years now...that is your calling card Lid.

SCOUT
9/19/2010, 02:08 PM
Yeah I forgot that one as well. What did he say?
Essentially that Texas got favorable calls so that they would get to play in a BCS game. Here is a link to a story about it.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1922415

Joe
9/19/2010, 02:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuCqE8tMfEs

Statalyzer
9/19/2010, 10:07 PM
Vicariously blaming this game on the refs? Wow.

Texas did get the benefit of several bad calls:
-ludicrous pass interefrence called on Tech on an early drive
-no review on the incomplete pass (I can understand thinking it was complete, but inexcusable not to review and discover the truth)
-that taunting personal foul was really really weak - especially since Kirkendoll did the same thing and didn't get a flag

But Tech was also helped out by
-Personal foul for putting a shoulder into a WRs chest .3 seconds after the ball bounces off him?
-But meanwhile, no flag for blantant spearing that knocked a guy out of the game
-Managed to get a punt off that should have been blocked by grabbing the rusher's jersey from behind

Mike Knall.

rawlingsHOH
9/19/2010, 10:24 PM
Mike Knall.
LOL

The half dozen that game that went your way, more than made up for it!

hgarmorer
9/19/2010, 10:38 PM
haha check out the Ref...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrzdWla8st8&NR=1

ouwasp
9/19/2010, 10:46 PM
gotta be a special place in hell for tex luvin' refs....

unbiasedtruth
9/20/2010, 01:17 AM

what was it that Mack was saying to Radio this past week about the Heisman if Reggie Bush gave it back????

stay classy Mack and your fan base.... especially moorons (yes I spelled it this way on purpose) like yourself....

only thing that could possibly make you worse of a whiny little :texan: is if you wear bowties..... :D

OUTrumpet
9/20/2010, 06:09 AM

I fully expect that same inept officiating crew in Dallas.

5-0

In 2004 or maybe in their 2005 championship run, Texas was playing at Kansas with Vince Young as the quarterback.

Kansas is winning late and Texas has the ball with about a minute left. They get a phantom pass interference call, some very beneficial spots, and was basically treated the same at the Tech game in 05. They got the benefit of all doubt.

Afterwards in his media conference Mangino basically said "You know why? BCS. The Big 12 wants the money for having 2 teams in so the refs made sure Texas would win this game"

mojohornfan
9/20/2010, 06:15 AM
I'm laughing...this entire thread is full of whining sooners about Texas' whining...???...??? Go read the first 10 posts of the Texas/Tech game thread. The whining about the refs starts immediately. Every year, its the same old thing with SOME of you. The truth is, calls go both ways and you guys know it.

MeMyself&Me
9/20/2010, 06:37 AM
I'm laughing...this entire thread is full of whining sooners about Texas' whining...???...??? Go read the first 10 posts of the Texas/Tech game thread. The whining about the refs starts immediately. Every year, its the same old thing with SOME of you. The truth is, calls go both ways and you guys know it.

The truth is, you guys set the bar pretty high in '08. It's going to be long time before any whoren can talk about someone else whining.

MeMyself&Me
9/20/2010, 06:39 AM
OH, and no, for whatever reason, the calls don't go both ways evenly with Tejas. Nothing new about that though. Just an unfortunate side to the game.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/20/2010, 07:09 AM
haha check out the Ref...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrzdWla8st8&NR=1

Come on Lid, what is your opinion on the above youtube? UT has been the recipient of so many biased calls over the years that it is criminal. Isn't that right down your alley?

olevetonahill
9/20/2010, 07:24 AM
Have you idiots not learned yet ?
All lid and his arsehole :texan: buddies do is come here do the drive by to stir up ****. Then go to their rooms and giggle at yall like little school girls :rolleyes:

Ignore their dumb asses and they will go away .

oK2010
9/20/2010, 08:29 AM
Now that this game is around the corner-check out www.gridirontour.com- it's got some sweet tailgate action lined up for the game in Dallas!

TexasLidig8r
9/20/2010, 08:38 AM
Have you idiots not learned yet ?
All lid and his arsehole :texan: buddies do is come here do the drive by to stir up ****. Then go to their rooms and giggle at yall like little school girls :rolleyes:

Ignore their dumb asses and they will go away .

NOT AS FAR AS YOU KNOW!
:D

Jello Biafra
9/20/2010, 10:28 AM
I can't stand Muschamp, but it is obvious he's a fantastic coach. Jeffcoat looks to be as advertsied. I'm a little surprised, thought he was a touch overrated in HS.

I look for another swings, screens, and bubbles, gameplan for Dallas. Keep them off balance, and let them chase Murray and Broyles around.

the only thing that made jeffcoat look dominant saturday was the inability of tech to find an open WR quickly....you will not be able to block any Dline for more than 3 seconds in college...

sooneron
9/20/2010, 10:39 AM
I thought the * D looked good, but not great. They still have inconsistency in various places. Sorta like us, but I like the way we match up with them this year.

MrJimBeam
9/20/2010, 10:49 AM
We won't be able to block them........we ara doomeded!

sooneron
9/20/2010, 11:10 AM
I would also like to add that I have yet to see * play a competent offense.

PalmBeachSooner
9/20/2010, 12:42 PM

Tech had a lot of dumb penalties that kept UT drives alive in the 4th quarter. Otherwise, they might still be in OT.

goingoneight
9/20/2010, 01:18 PM
Texas thought they had a competent offense in 2004 and that we looked weak, then they got blanked. All I mean by this is I can see an inspired OU team embarass Texas this year, or a flustered Oklahoma team get embarassed by an average Texas team.

TXBOOMER
9/20/2010, 02:33 PM
Texas thought they had a competent offense in 2004 and that we looked weak, then they got blanked. All I mean by this is I can see an inspired OU team embarass Texas this year, or a flustered Oklahoma team get embarassed by an average Texas team.

Did you watch the Tech game? We don't have a D lineman that would start for * other than a healthy Taylor. I'm not saying * is all that. But, we ain't all that either. We can't put Utah State or AF away at home? As of right now their D is better than ours and if we don't shore the crappy tackling up in the next two weeks we will have a hard time pulling that one out. Just keeping it real.

Crucifax Autumn
9/20/2010, 02:36 PM
DOOMED!!!!

TXBOOMER
9/20/2010, 02:38 PM
I would also like to add that I have yet to see * play a competent offense.

F texass! But, I will say they are not gonna sit back in a base defense and let Landry decide who he is gonna throw to before the snap count. Plus they have make up speed unlike anyone we have faced. We need to hit the MF'ers early and often...Go for broke..Let it all hang out....leave it all on the field...give an effort like never before or we will be in trouble once again.

Boomer Sooner!

TahoeSOONER
9/20/2010, 02:44 PM
We cannot give up on our running game against them.

If it's all on Landry then * wins.

setem
9/20/2010, 02:47 PM
See signature!

TahoeSOONER
9/20/2010, 02:53 PM
I'm foolish though

fwsooner22
9/20/2010, 02:59 PM
There is nothing worse than the "entitled" telling the world they are whiners.

TexasLidig8r
9/20/2010, 03:10 PM
There is nothing worse than the "entitled" telling the world they are whiners.

You're a whiner.
;)

This year's Texas - Ou game will be like the last 4... absolute dog fights.

I like your running back rotation between Murray and Mr. Magoo... and Broyles is living up to his hype. Your offensive line is inconsistent.

Our offense is still seeking an identity.

It very well could be a 10 - 7 type game.

TXBOOMER
9/20/2010, 03:32 PM
You're a whiner.
;)

This year's Texas - Ou game will be like the last 4... absolute dog fights.

I like your running back rotation between Murray and Mr. Magoo... and Broyles is living up to his hype. Your offensive line is inconsistent.

Our offense is still seeking an identity.

It very well could be a 10 - 7 type game.

Plus 3 defensive TD's a piece.....31-28

Herr Scholz
9/20/2010, 03:34 PM
Could come down to who has a better placekicker like last year. You guys get one of those yet?

KantoSooner
9/20/2010, 03:38 PM
Yeah, reasonable kicking game so far. Great punting. Still can't figure out why we don't have leg in the kickoff department, though.

Soonerntxs
9/20/2010, 03:38 PM
Yea, but they haven't called me out of the stands yet?

Jacie
9/20/2010, 03:48 PM
Because he is 3-0 this season, Mack hasn't resorted to giving Ponyboy II any meaningful playing time yet. But Gilby was picked off three times by tech. When sa*et fans make note that their team is still searching for an identity, surely the coaching staff is starting to look at what the options may be as they head into conference play. Perhaps Austin watchers could report whether or not Case McCoy is getting any practice time with the first unit this week.

goingoneight
9/20/2010, 03:57 PM
Honestly, I don't think Gilbert is their problem. I think they don't appear to have a dynamic ground game despite an off-season totally dedicated to finding one. They have the talent and speed, but no true game-in, game-out threat at RB. Goodwin will give us fits, IMO.

Herr Scholz
9/20/2010, 04:07 PM
Gilbert's going to be very good and neither of our backup freshmen QBs are even near ready to play. That's a silly point. He'll be all conference soon.

Our offensive sluggishness thus far has been a combination of a new running scheme, new O line personnel, still mediocre running backs and a new QB. Growing pains. We'll put up some points this year but the question is whether or not we can get it clicking before October.

Soonerntxs
9/20/2010, 04:23 PM
Gilbert's going to be very good and neither of our backup freshmen QBs are even near ready to play. That's a silly point. He'll be all conference soon.

Our offensive sluggishness thus far has been a combination of a new running scheme, new O line personnel, still mediocre running backs and a new QB. Growing pains. We'll put up some points this year but the question is whether or not we can get it clicking before October.

I see this, just keepin it real:

1. Discipline

2. Penalties

3. Interceptions

4. OU Victory

Statalyzer
9/20/2010, 05:09 PM
Because he is 3-0 this season, Mack hasn't resorted to giving Ponyboy II any meaningful playing time yet. But Gilby was picked off three times by tech.

Twice their DE was coming at him and batted it at the line and it came down right to a Tech player. And the other one went right to Malcom Williams (same dude who dropped a TD pass vs Alabama) and he practically shovel-passed it to a defender.

This isn't a "take away all our mistakes and none of Tech's" deal, I'm just saying - 1 of those was 0% Gilbert's fault and the other 2 were only partially his fault.

They get a phantom pass interference call, some very beneficial spots,

You're just making up the part about beneficial spots helping Texas win. KU lost b/c they couldn't stop Texas on 4th and 18.

The PI call wasn't phantom. The WR had no separation at all until he used both extended arms to push the DB one way while he cut the other. That should always be offensive PI - just like it was against Texas at home Colt's freshmen year when we lost to A&M because offensive PI negated a Limas Sweed TD. Our fans were pissed about it, but Sweed used his extended arm to get separation and so it was the right call, just like the KU call was. Do some refs let that stuff go? Yes. But that doesn't mean that those who don't are corrupt.

StoopTroup
9/20/2010, 05:43 PM
CRAB SALAD ! ! !

CrimsonJim
9/20/2010, 05:52 PM
WERD!