PDA

View Full Version : Dear Student Section

kbsooner
9/18/2010, 09:43 PM
what gives with half the section gone by mid 3rd quarter? If you have better things to do, sell your ticket to real fans and quit posing. FAIL.

pappy
9/18/2010, 09:55 PM
agreed!

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/18/2010, 10:00 PM
damn kids...

;)

meoveryouxinfinity
9/18/2010, 10:04 PM
My sister and I left before the game even started :( .. She fainted! Bad deal.

Blue
9/18/2010, 10:05 PM
Kids these days are morans.

sooner59
No ****. There was a mass exodus at halftime. However, those were the "fans" who view it as a social event and don't pay attention to the game. It was as loud after they left as it was when they were there. I stayed the entire game. Our fans suck.

btk108
She ok? JLEW scare her?

CrimsonJim
9/18/2010, 10:11 PM
No ****. There was a mass exodus at halftime. However, those were the "fans" who view it as a social event and don't pay attention to the game. It was as loud after they left as it was when they were there. I stayed the entire game. Our student section fans suck.

There. That's more fitting.

Hey you young punk arsed whipper snappers. If you don't wanna watch the game, sell me your tickets!!

meoveryouxinfinity
9/18/2010, 10:13 PM
She ok? JLEW scare her?

Yeah she's good just wasn't ready for the heat. She fainted twice. Once while sitting down. And that's when I said ok pumpkin time to go!

sooner59
9/18/2010, 10:14 PM
There. That's more fitting.

Hey you young punk arsed whipper snappers. If you don't wanna watch the game, sell me your tickets!!

Heh. That's true. I remember just a few years back when this wasn't so. It's just sad.

Lott's Bandana
9/18/2010, 10:15 PM
This development is not new. Sometimes I think you have to be older and away from Owen Field for a while before you really appreciate the experience.

That or they ran out of pocket shots.

OKLA21FAN
9/18/2010, 10:16 PM
well, they didn't didnt want them to yell 'home of the Sooners'... so they got board.

sooner59
9/18/2010, 10:18 PM
On that note...I barely heard anyone say Sooners. Brave drowned it out.

kbsooner
9/18/2010, 10:23 PM
this wasn't an issue early 2000's. Sorry to hear about your sister, hope all is well. I noticed there were at least 300-400 seats that weren't even filled @ kickoff.

OKLA21FAN
9/18/2010, 10:27 PM
On that note...I barely heard anyone say Sooners. Brave drowned it out.

lets just spot the visitors a TD or somesuch just 'because' :pop:
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i84/SoonerPride1/IMG_0680.jpg

btb916
9/18/2010, 10:38 PM
The student athlete/family section was also very empty after halftime.

It was dang hot out there today.

BASSooner
9/18/2010, 10:39 PM
Yeah she's good just wasn't ready for the heat. She fainted twice. Once while sitting down. And that's when I said ok pumpkin time to go!

I saw two people faint during the game. one in the stands. the other was a young lady in the concession stands. the heat today for some reason was ridiculous. I had to go down to the concession stands during the half of the 3rd quarter because I couldn't breathe very well and I was feeling slightly dizzy.

bonkuba
9/18/2010, 10:48 PM
The heat was too much for my little boy and we left about 3 minutes into the 3rd.

......and yes I am a real fan :D

sooner59
9/18/2010, 10:49 PM
Here is my account of the student section today. We show up 2 hours before the game and get our seats near the 50 yardline and hold a couple of seats for some friends that were stuck in traffic, as were some people around us. About 30 minutes before the game, a hoard of dooshbag frat guys and random ****heads come up and try to force their way into seats near the 50, then pop off at everyone and cuss people out. They make absolutely no noise during the game. At halftime, their seats are empty. What a waste of skin. I dog other teams' fans sometimes but we have some real ****less ****bags as so-called fans.

oudavid1
9/18/2010, 11:23 PM
I left in the 4th, but thats because i knew what would happen. Also for security reasons. Wasnt thrilled with what happened. But now we can focus on CinCin.

StoopTroup
9/18/2010, 11:36 PM
Also for security reasons.

Yeah the Cadets were getting pretty likkered up. Good thing you left before they jumped on ya. :rolleyes:

sooner59
9/18/2010, 11:45 PM
Heh.

delhalew
9/19/2010, 12:21 AM
I can't remember what everyone else did, but in the mid-nineties when I was a student, I never left early. Obviously, for someone who remembered the eighties, the nineties were hell. Even so, I was never privileged enough to attend a game until I became a student, so it was a big deal.

yankee
9/19/2010, 12:46 AM
while i was disappointed in the student section participation today, it was f'n hot...and i don't think many people realized how good air force was. too bad, they missed a helluva game. but i sure as hell don't want old people in the student section. a few weeks away from owen field will bring the energy back, along with cooler temps.

yermom
9/19/2010, 03:55 AM
yeah, we were all saying that's probably the last hot game at home for the year

the cold games are so much better than the hot ones

i waited until the game was over and still made it to Tulsa for the Pixies :D

budbarrybob
9/19/2010, 04:50 AM
I left in the 4th, but thats because i knew what would happen. Also for security reasons. Wasnt thrilled with what happened. But now we can focus on CinCin.

I should get you to do my fortune telling. I wouldn't have sweated it out so much if I knew we needed to have 2 clutch first downs to end the game. :confused:

texaspokieokie
9/19/2010, 07:54 AM
what gives with half the section gone by mid 3rd quarter? If you have better things to do, sell your ticket to real fans and quit posing. FAIL.

this was a sell-out; but the NE corner of the stad was never filled up.

i feel for those in the student section, the sun was brutal !!!
in the north end zone, we only got burned on one side.

i was pleased to be home in irving before 10 PM.

crowd showed class !!! & it was a very tuff but also very good ball game.

kbsooner
9/19/2010, 08:14 AM
I agree it was wicked hot out there, and if you're feeling ill or have young'ns, by all means should you get out of there early. But this should qualify for about 5% of the students that left early. So when I look across the stadium and see 95% of the fans who stayed the ENTIRE game to the South of the band section, it pretty much tells the story who the REAL fans are. I know there's always been a early leaving crowd from the student section, but it seems the last 2-3 years it has become more the norm. I say if it keeps up, serious consideration should be made to make more student tickets available to those on the waiting list...

texaspokieokie
9/19/2010, 08:21 AM
south of band section, yep, north of band section, @ least half gone.

Soonerus
9/19/2010, 08:33 AM
I was in the shade all day but it was fricken hot and humid out there...It was just a trap game and we survived...good job Sooners !!

IronSooner
9/19/2010, 08:38 AM
Watching on TV (from TN) you could definitely tell there were a lot of people gone from the NE corner. Sad. I know it's hot, but jeez. When I was a student in the early 2000's we had a game where it was 106 at kickoff. And as a student we were there 2-3 hrs before the game. I think the concession stands actually ran out of bottled water that day. But we stayed the whole game, stood the whole game, and had a good time. The NE section needs to suck it up or give their tickets to someone who will.

ruf/nekdad
9/19/2010, 08:51 AM
In the snow...uphill...both ways....

btb916
9/19/2010, 09:14 AM
In the snow...uphill...both ways....

It's especially rich to hear how the students should stick around from people who show up at game time and sit in the shade the entire time. A lot of students show up 2 hours in advance to get a good seat.

I also heard Al on the Sports Animal chastising the students, all the while he sat in an air conditioned press box. Folks, it was hot yesterday. Not everyone wants to sit around in that and watch a football game.

StoopTroup
9/19/2010, 09:16 AM
Well....Al is a troll and if he doesn't sit in the A/C he will melt into a blob of wax.

SoonerPr8r
9/19/2010, 09:18 AM
I know that last week the frat morans that were sitting around me in the student section were so liquored up they were dehydrated because of the heat by the 3rd quarter and about to puke their guts out. I was glad that they left. I am sure they just went home and drank more.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/19/2010, 09:24 AM
Here is my account of the student section today. We show up 2 hours before the game and get our seats near the 50 yardline and hold a couple of seats for some friends that were stuck in traffic, as were some people around us. About 30 minutes before the game, a hoard of dooshbag frat guys and random ****heads come up and try to force their way into seats near the 50, then pop off at everyone and cuss people out. They make absolutely no noise during the game. At halftime, their seats are empty. What a waste of skin. I dog other teams' fans sometimes but we have some real ****less ****bags as so-called fans.

you can't save seats in the student section.

StoopTroup
9/19/2010, 09:26 AM
I know that last week the frat morans that were sitting around me in the student section were so liquored up they were dehydrated because of the heat by the 3rd quarter and about to puke their guts out. I was glad that they left. I am sure they just went home and drank more.

Now.....do that 3 weeks in a row and you have the makings of a potential disaster.

I know after 3 weeks of that hot sun I'm wondering if it will be cooler in Cincinnati. Man I hope so.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/19/2010, 09:28 AM
I agree it was wicked hot out there, and if you're feeling ill or have young'ns, by all means should you get out of there early. But this should qualify for about 5% of the students that left early. So when I look across the stadium and see 95% of the fans who stayed the ENTIRE game to the South of the band section, it pretty much tells the story who the REAL fans are. I know there's always been a early leaving crowd from the student section, but it seems the last 2-3 years it has become more the norm. I say if it keeps up, serious consideration should be made to make more student tickets available to those on the waiting list...

For 2008, only 50% or so of freshman got tickets in the lottery.
This year, 100% of students got tickets. I know this because I forgot to purchase my tickets and ended up being on the list of people who would only get tickets if they had leftover after they fulfilled 100% of freshman lottery requests.

Economy? :confused: :confused:

noobalicious
9/19/2010, 10:09 AM

You can if you've got covert seat saving skills like I did when I was at OU a couple years ago :D

I'm a little less concerned with students leaving at halftime (because of the heat) than there being hundreds of empty seats at kickoff. That's ridiculous in my opinion. This is OU football. You're telling me that out of an enrollment of 25,000+ you can't find enough people to fill the student section? Unbelievable.

I think it will be better once it starts getting cooler, and the conference opponents start arriving. Some people who care about yelling their lungs out (like me) stayed no matter what the weather was like, so even if some people left at halftime, they probably weren't making much noise anyways.

badger
9/19/2010, 10:16 AM
It is probably time that OU do what other schools do with their students - cram them in an undesirable corner or an endzone and sell their prime sideline seats to paying donors.

This way, they'll spread out as fans leave instead of all trying to crowd as close to the 50 yard line as possible... and fans that pay more get better seats

Frozen Sooner
9/19/2010, 10:17 AM

WTF?

Jdog
9/19/2010, 10:22 AM
maybe its time for a yell practice?

Sooner_Havok
9/19/2010, 10:42 AM
I was there, the whole time. While I don't condone leaving a game early, there are several things that should be pointed out. First, it was freaking hot yesterday. Students have to go in at noon thirty to get the good seats. Some of us start lining up at 11:30 or noon. Three hours before many of you leave your tailgates equipped with shade tents and ice cold beer, we are standing in the sun. You get into the stadium about 30 minutes prior to kick-off, and, for half of you, your seats are already in the shade. The students, we were in the sun till the end of the game.

Excuses, excuses, but it does suck. Take into account that a lot of us where still pretty badly sun burnt from the FSU game the week before (Where we went through the same stuff last week) and a lot of students just couldn't do it two weeks in a row. I think some of the blame here needs to be placed on the administration. We deserve some night games here in the summer, other schools get televised night games for less than marque match-ups, why can't we?

And as far as the NE corner of the student section goes, I bet if the student didn't squeeze 150 people into a row designed to hold 100 (exaggeration, but the middle part of the student section was crammed) then that area would be packed too. But look at it this way, if you had to go in to the stadium 3 hours early, and stand in the sun the whole time, would you want the good seats, or the crappy seats?

Soonerite
9/19/2010, 11:32 AM
This was an actual quote from a girl behind me..."oh my god! I can't believe that this is a close game for the third time in a row, (WRONG!!), it completely ruins my plans... I totally would have been out of here at half time." This pretty much sums up about half of the student section. :rolleyes:

Leroy Lizard
9/19/2010, 11:46 AM

She fainted... I can see her leaving. But what's your excuse?

sooner59
9/19/2010, 12:40 PM

Tell that to the frat fags who save 3 entire rows. I was trying to save 2 seats, and I had been there sitting in the sun for an hour and a half. Excuse me if I get p***ed if some drunk doosh and his ugly slutty girlfriend tell me to suck a **** and try to sit by me. Saving seats is technically not allowed, but you can have common courtesy and just find another place to sit.

If you don't show up until the band is playing, you aren't sitting next to me in a seat I have been saving for whatever reason, sorry. Showing up right before the game, going straight to the 50 yard line, and stealing somebody's seat just means you are a toolbag.

Two people behind me left as the band came out so they could go to the bathroom and grab a couple waters before the game started. Two ****heads who thought they owned the campus shoved their way into their seats, even after everyone around them was telling them the people went to the bathroom and they were coming back. When they returned, their seats were gone and everyone just had to cram in and stand sideways chest to back. The "you can't save seats" argument is fine if people are trying to save 8-10 seats (or 3 or 4 rows for frats), but its a lame argument for people who aren't willing to sit in the sun before the game and want to steal two seats at the 50 right before the game.

setem
9/19/2010, 01:29 PM
I show up about 45 to 30 mins before kickoff. I sit in the same area every time. the north end of the student section in or just past the EZ. I like sitting there because you don't have to fight anyone or worry about other ******* fans.

This week there was a guy who obviously was not a student with his girlfriend. Every play he has something ****ty to say about the team or Landry. It took everything in me to not turn around and say GET THE **** OUT! NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR YOUR BULL****! I think the combination of dirty looks and "I am gonna beat the **** out of you" stares made it evident it was time to go. They left at the half and all was right in the world.

sooner59
9/19/2010, 01:34 PM
I show up about 45 to 30 mins before kickoff. I sit in the same area every time. the north end of the student section in or just past the EZ. I like sitting there because you don't have to fight anyone or worry about other ******* fans.

This week there was a guy who obviously was not a student with his girlfriend. Every play he has something ****ty to say about the team or Landry. It took everything in me to not turn around and say GET THE **** OUT! NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR YOUR BULL****! I think the combination of dirty looks and "I am gonna beat the **** out of you" stares made it evident it was time to go. They left at the half and all was right in the world.

I will probably find a spot further north of the 50 next time. You are right, the people suck less and less the further north you go.

oudavid1
9/19/2010, 01:39 PM
WTF?

:D

Soonerwake
9/19/2010, 01:39 PM
I'm a little less concerned with students leaving at halftime (because of the heat) than there being hundreds of empty seats at kickoff. That's ridiculous in my opinion. This is OU football. You're telling me that out of an enrollment of 25,000+ you can't find enough people to fill the student section? Unbelievable.

This.

And, give me a break on the "but it was hot" crap. That's a logical excuse for the blue hairs and people with young children. But, you are 18-25. Get your butts out there and support your team. :mad:

At some point, the administration has to look at this problem and either push to get the students there or take seats away and sell them to someone else.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/19/2010, 01:43 PM
She fainted... I can see her leaving. But what's your excuse?

umm I walked her out of the stadium, put her at some rando's tailgate, and walked to get the car so she could get some Gatorade and sit in the cool car and not have to walk a mile to where it was parked. :P In other words I was being a good sister.

pilobolus
9/19/2010, 01:46 PM

I had a five year old with me and we stuck out the heat as long as I felt we safely could. Between Fan Fest and lining up 2 and 1/2 hours before the game, I thought he did pretty good.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/19/2010, 01:46 PM
Tell that to the frat fags who save 3 entire rows. I was trying to save 2 seats, and I had been there sitting in the sun for an hour and a half. Excuse me if I get p***ed if some drunk doosh and his ugly slutty girlfriend tell me to suck a **** and try to sit by me. Saving seats is technically not allowed, but you can have common courtesy and just find another place to sit.

If you don't show up until the band is playing, you aren't sitting next to me in a seat I have been saving for whatever reason, sorry. Showing up right before the game, going straight to the 50 yard line, and stealing somebody's seat just means you are a toolbag.

Two people behind me left as the band came out so they could go to the bathroom and grab a couple waters before the game started. Two ****heads who thought they owned the campus shoved their way into their seats, even after everyone around them was telling them the people went to the bathroom and they were coming back. When they returned, their seats were gone and everyone just had to cram in and stand sideways chest to back. The "you can't save seats" argument is fine if people are trying to save 8-10 seats (or 3 or 4 rows for frats), but its a lame argument for people who aren't willing to sit in the sun before the game and want to steal two seats at the 50 right before the game.

Gotcha. I get there about an hour before the game. And if there's about 5 empty seats together, I will sit there with my friends. I agree--you can't save more than 2 or 3 seats for an hour. I don't even ask if the seats are taken anymore. I walk to the unmarked space and sit! And this season it hasn't been an issue..yet.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/19/2010, 01:49 PM
I had a five year old with me and we stuck out the heat as long as I felt we safely could.

Yeah, I can't imagine having a child in the heat. People have different body chemistries and I think she has some potassium and other vitamin deficiencies. It was hot and I got sun burnt, but I probably would have left a little into the 3rd had I gone with my friends. Way too hot to stay for the entire game in the direct sun though.

Leroy Lizard
9/19/2010, 10:43 PM
umm I walked her out of the stadium, put her at some rando's tailgate, and walked to get the car so she could get some Gatorade and sit in the cool car and not have to walk a mile to where it was parked. :P In other words I was being a good sister.

Just hand the Security Dude the car keys and let him take her. That's his job.

C&CDean
9/19/2010, 11:03 PM
For ****s sake. It was warm, but it wasn't that hot. Jeez. I'm old, and I hung the whole game. No, I don't have seats in the shade.

I know why so many of you suffered though. Video games. That's all you young snappers do. A/C, video games. Thumbs of steel, heart of a mosquito. Meh. It wasn't that ****ing hot. It was more a case of a bunch of panty waist students who don't have any heart, guts, or even give a **** about their team. Give those seats to the old ladies on the West side I say. They're better fans, even if they sit down and fan themselves while the 19 year old student wilt.

hgarmorer
9/19/2010, 11:10 PM
Thumbs of steel, heart of a mosquito.
===========
I may have found a new sig!

noobalicious
9/19/2010, 11:10 PM
This was an actual quote from a girl behind me..."oh my god! I can't believe that this is a close game for the third time in a row, (WRONG!!), it completely ruins my plans... I totally would have been out of here at half time." This pretty much sums up about half of the student section. :rolleyes:

This pretty much sums it up.

Leroy Lizard
9/19/2010, 11:14 PM
Thumbs of steel, heart of a mosquito.
===========
I may have found a new sig!

No worry. New technology is allowing our kids to save the strain on their thumbs.

Amazingly enough, our kids' kids will be even lazier. Try to picture that.

sooner59
9/19/2010, 11:48 PM
For ****s sake. It was warm, but it wasn't that hot. Jeez. I'm old, and I hung the whole game. No, I don't have seats in the shade.

I know why so many of you suffered though. Video games. That's all you young snappers do. A/C, video games. Thumbs of steel, heart of a mosquito. Meh. It wasn't that ****ing hot. It was more a case of a bunch of panty waist students who don't have any heart, guts, or even give a **** about their team. Give those seats to the old ladies on the West side I say. They're better fans, even if they sit down and fan themselves while the 19 year old student wilt.

Very true. Only about 5% of today's kids are as tough as their previous generation.

Collier11
9/19/2010, 11:53 PM
I sat in the student section for 5 years, this is what I noticed...

The girls dont give a ****, they are there to try and look cute, socialize, and basically be annoying

Then you have the frat guys who are there to suck each other off, most dont even wear OU gear, they need something that they can pop the collar of. These are the ones puking in the stands as well

Then you have the true fans who are there for football and raising hell

Id say the ones who arent paying attention make up about 30% of the students which is sad

sooner59
9/19/2010, 11:56 PM
I sat in the student section for 5 years, this is what I noticed...

The girls dont give a ****, they are there to try and look cute, socialize, and basically be annoying

Then you have the frat guys who are there to suck each other off, most dont even wear OU gear, they need something that they can pop the collar of. These are the ones puking in the stands as well

Then you have the true fans who are there for football and raising hell

Id say the ones who arent paying attention make up about 30% of the students which is sad

I am in my 8th year of the the student section. And I support this statement.

yermom
9/20/2010, 12:16 AM
i miss the old days in the student section a little

not the getting there 1-2 hours before the game part though

i will say that the part of Section 15 i'm in is a bit better in the enthusiasm department than my part of Section 16 was

sooner59
9/20/2010, 12:24 AM
I wish people would just fake enthusiasm and just yell loudly (even if they aren't into it) even if they do it from their butts. You tell a difference in noise much more than who is sitting and who is standing.

btk108
9/20/2010, 03:57 AM
I am in my 8th year of the the student section. And I support this statement.

I agree with you, Van Wilder :D

GKeeper316
9/20/2010, 04:11 AM
I agree with you, Van Wilder :D

i was gonna say bluto blutarski...

btk108
9/20/2010, 04:14 AM
i was gonna say bluto blutarski...

Wait.....I shoulda said Tommy Boy.....dang it.

GKeeper316
9/20/2010, 04:17 AM
Wait.....I shoulda said Tommy Boy.....dang it.

NO NO NO! If yer gonna invoke Tommy Boy you can't just say "dang it"!

You gotta smack yourself in the head and call yourself an idiot like Chris woulda done :P

GKeeper316
9/20/2010, 04:18 AM
wow I just looked him up... it'll be 13 years since he died this December.

28 for Belushi.

badger
9/20/2010, 07:58 AM
Very true. Only about 5% of today's kids are as tough as their previous generation.

pbbth. people have been saying that for the past million years :D

pilobolus
9/20/2010, 08:20 AM
This week there was a guy who obviously was not a student with his girlfriend.

How do you know for sure he wasn't a student? Some of us grad students can be pretty long in the tooth, and our kids might be with us on our dependent ticket.

Sooner_Havok
9/20/2010, 09:01 AM
heh, I look like a lobster again today.

sooner59
9/20/2010, 11:22 AM
pbbth. people have been saying that for the past million years :D

Just think of how worthless our kids will be...

Crucifax Autumn
9/20/2010, 11:25 AM
You and Badge are having kids?

soonerbrat
9/20/2010, 11:37 AM

saving seats is technically not allowed, but I remember one year when my ex husband was in med school...we went with a bunch of people in his class and sat in the student section...we got there plenty early, and scoped out our spots and then he went to the restroom...with him there, there were 2 seats at the end of the bench. some dooshbag came and sat in his seat with his wife and girlfriend and i told him my hubby was sitting there and he said "first come first served" yeah. we were there first and he just went to the restroom...the guy wouldn't move and I almost punched him in the face. he was about 50 years old and ugly (which seemed really old to me, I think I was 24-25). When one of his dumb women went to the restroom during the first quarter i went and stood in her spot to make a point. he didn't like that much.

Fraggle145
9/20/2010, 11:37 AM
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/526/img0443rb.jpg

Just in case you wanted to see the extent of the fail... It looked like this to start the 2nd half and got worse as the half progressed. And ya I know it is a big pic, but I suck at photoediting and dont give a **** enough to make it smaller.

badger
9/20/2010, 11:42 AM
You and Badge are having kids?

NP has already killed him so no ;)

yankee
9/20/2010, 11:43 AM
i actually see myself in that pic...that's how empty the student section was. :eek:

Fraggle145
9/20/2010, 12:00 PM
The upper deck isnt much better.

btb916
9/20/2010, 12:24 PM
Wow. I had no idea it was that bad.

Looks like it wasn't just students though.

Crucifax Autumn
9/20/2010, 12:27 PM
I hope it cools off a lot before the next home game.

kbsooner
9/20/2010, 12:28 PM
The upper deck isnt much better.

They came back out, minus the suite level folk who chilled inside.

There was a point late 3rd quarter when everything south of the student section 40 yrd line was solid, then going north it waned steadily until the corner section look like a typical upper deck shot @ Boone Pickens.

josh09
9/20/2010, 12:36 PM

I was not one of the students who left, but I'll give you good reasons for everyone else leaving:

1. Heat. I hope all of you felt good in the 2nd half on the west side of the stadium in the shade. It was by no means any cooler for us in the 2nd half. It was brutal out there.

2. Our team's performance. I hate to say it, but probably about half of the students are so used to us winning at home, that they expect every game to be a blowout. They're just spoiled.

3. Day game. Besides the heat playing a factor, all the students have places to go and people to see on a Saturday night. If one of our 3 home games to open the season was a 6 or 7 o clock game, then they would have no where to go after, and it would be different.

4. Our opponent. I also hate to say this, but if it's not a big game, and it looks like we have the game in hand (which it looked like in the 2nd and 3rd quarters), then the students will leave. Like I said, Saturday nights are the fun nights on campus, so most of the students have places to go. But I'm sure most of you remember that from your days here.

I stay to the end of the games, unless it's an absolute blowout against a weak team, and I'm just as annoyed as you all are. But that's just the way things are, at our school and probably at other schools as well.

kbsooner
9/20/2010, 12:40 PM
I was not one of the students who left, but I'll give you pansy a$$, I do not BLEED CRIMSON AND CREAM reasons for everyone else leaving:

1. Heat. I hope all of you felt good in the 2nd half on the west side of the stadium in the shade. It was by no means any cooler for us in the 2nd half. It was brutal out there.

2. Our team's performance. I hate to say it, but probably about half of the students are so used to us winning at home, that they expect every game to be a blowout. They're just spoiled.

3. Day game. Besides the heat playing a factor, all the students have places to go and people to see on a Saturday night. If one of our 3 home games to open the season was a 6 or 7 o clock game, then they would have no where to go after, and it would be different.

4. Our opponent. I also hate to say this, but if it's not a big game, and it looks like we have the game in hand (which it looked like in the 2nd and 3rd quarters), then the students will leave. Like I said, Saturday nights are the fun nights on campus, so most of the students have places to go. But I'm sure most of you remember that from your days here.

I stay to the end of the games, unless it's an absolute blowout against a weak team, and I'm just as annoyed as you all are. But that's just the way things are, at our school and probably at other schools as well.

FIFY

kbsooner
9/20/2010, 12:48 PM

So why wasn't the North endzone empty? No shade there.

josh09
9/20/2010, 12:53 PM

Probably because 50-75% of the people there sit down half the game, or at least the 2nd half when they started feeling drained. I, along with probably most of the students who were still there after half time, stood up and yelled the whole time, except for the TV timeouts of course. It takes a lot out of you.

soonerbrat
9/20/2010, 01:08 PM

they didn't sit out there for 2 hours beforehand, either.

josh09
9/20/2010, 01:11 PM
they didn't sit out there for 2 hours beforehand, either.

Exactly. Look back at the picture on the previous page, you'll notice a similarity with most of the east side of the stadium. Most of them are gone, not just the student section.

setem
9/20/2010, 01:15 PM
It was hot as **** but I stayed till the 4th. MY BAD OKAY! I thought we had em dead in the water. I even went to pick up my post game Cigar! My streak is still in hand. I have never seen the Sooners lose at home.

Collier11
9/20/2010, 01:18 PM
I hope it cools off a lot before the next home game.

your balls getting extra sweaty from your Las Vegas couch? :D

soonerbrat
9/20/2010, 01:28 PM
It was hot as **** but I stayed till the 4th. MY BAD OKAY! I thought we had em dead in the water. I even went to pick up my post game Cigar! My streak is still in hand. I have never seen the Sooners lose at home.

you better knock on wood.

HBick
9/20/2010, 01:28 PM
I'm a student but since I have only have 6 hours until I graduate I didn't qualify for student tickets and now sit with my pops on the east side on on the south 20 yd line. It was brutal hot right there, there were empty seats all around me and my Dad in the donor section of people who came up for the 1st quarter and left. I left at the beginning of the 4th quarter because at that point I figured it was done and I really had to hit the head.

That said, the saving seats thing sucks, I've been on both sides of this one, but that said, they should give you assigned seats. Sure it's not ideal, but at the same time, it's not fair the students who stand sideways. How do you think OU fits an extra 3,000 in the stadium over the max capacity of 82,000+? Do you think those people just stand around down low by the food and drink stands and watch it on television? I don't, I think that's why the student section is so packed, but at the same time I've never really been up above row 50 in the student section so I don't know how crowded it is on the remaining rows.

Fraggle145
9/20/2010, 01:29 PM
Probably because 50-75% of the people there sit down half the game, or at least the 2nd half when they started feeling drained.

This just simply isnt true. They were standing just like I was standing. You can see from my pic where I was located. And we didnt end up in the shade until the end of the game.

Crucifax Autumn
9/20/2010, 01:29 PM
your balls getting extra sweaty from your Las Vegas couch? :D

Heh...I don't sit on the couch...I drag a chair over to right in front of the tv then stand most of the game anyway.

But to answer your question, yes, can you come towel 'em off?

HBick
9/20/2010, 01:31 PM
Oh and good news for students, you can now you a meal exchange in the stadium, but it takes two exchanges if you spend over $6 which unless your buying a bottle of water screws ya

kbsooner
9/20/2010, 01:39 PM
nm, tired of beating the dead horse...

badger
9/20/2010, 01:40 PM
I really think it would solve a lot of woes if the students were in the endzone instead of all trying to cram closer to the 50 yard line. that way, they'd spread out as they leave and you'd never notice the big empty spot in the crappy corner seats. As it is right now, why would students want to move closer to the endzone to space out the section? However, if students were just moving along the endzone, as opposed to farther away from the middle of the field to cover the empty spots, wouldn't it be conceivable that students would take the extra leg room?

Collier11
9/20/2010, 01:44 PM
nm, tired of beating the dead horse...

Check those humidity levels...I was at the UTEP game, maybe it was cus I was 18 but I remember how hot it was that day, saw a few older people falling out cus of the heat but I dont remember it being that miserable that day

kbsooner
9/20/2010, 01:49 PM
Check those humidity levels...I was at the UTEP game, maybe it was cus I was 18 but I remember how hot it was that day, saw a few older people falling out cus of the heat but I dont remember it being that miserable that day

BC you were 18 and you could handle it, just like the students back in the day. 106 in the stadium that day. Indifference has set in to the student section, its pretty obvious.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/090200aag.html

PhiDeltBeers
9/20/2010, 03:00 PM
Hmm, I recall going into the stadium @ 1:00 and sitting in sec 33 (east side) until the final whistle. Quite frankly, I thought the clouds coming over ever now and then made it pretty nice. Then again, I'm a friggin bad*ss. Panty wastes go home! This is football damn-it!

Crucifax Autumn
9/20/2010, 03:02 PM
No shat. "Wah...It's too hot...wahhhhhh!!!!"

Same goes for those dudes in helmets and pads not just standing up, but running and ****, and they survive.

Collier11
9/20/2010, 03:07 PM
OU has always had a large contingent that are fair weather fans, you all know that

C&CDean
9/20/2010, 03:09 PM
Yeah, but not fair weather fans. Our fans are great - when we pound people by fiddy. Close game against a lesser team? Our fans blow giant chunks of putrid waste.

Sooner04
9/20/2010, 03:11 PM
UTEP 2000: kickoff temp was a balmy 106. Thank God it was a 6PM kick.

That was my first game at OU as a college student. Man, was it hot. Whoo boy!

Collier11
9/20/2010, 03:12 PM
Damn hot, just not that humid which made it bearable, barely...my first game as a student

C&CDean
9/20/2010, 03:15 PM

The year of the farkus fracus?

Collier11
9/20/2010, 03:16 PM
I think anyone 25 or younger is afraid to sweat in public

KantoSooner
9/20/2010, 03:34 PM
I know, what gives? I used to enjoy the early season games precisely BECAUSE you'd be melting down into your shoes.
Used to rub ice cubes on the naked shoulders of Karen, the young lady who sat next to me.
Good memories, only rendered slightly vague by the bourbon and the heat stroke(s).

badger
9/20/2010, 03:46 PM

And then, your body subliminally told you that you would like OU football, but be a hardcore OU mens basketball fan from then on.

Sooner04
9/20/2010, 03:48 PM
When I was a little kid it used to be about 106 INSIDE the LNC. Billy used to broil teams right out of the gym.

badger
9/20/2010, 04:12 PM
When I was a little kid it used to be about 106 INSIDE the LNC. Billy used to broil teams right out of the gym.

:D I thought that was just opposing team's locker rooms. Well, at least he didn't paint them pink.

Jacie
9/20/2010, 04:16 PM
Reading through this thread I am glad my student days were back in the day.

Sounds like what used to be a workable system has been fubared.

Used to be your student ticket was an assigned seat, it was yours all season and yeah, some extra people would squeeze into the section 29 and 30 seats but if push came to shove, as long as you had a stub, you couldn't get kicked out.

It also doesn't help that the students can't slip out at halftime, down a couple of beers and come back in with another beer hidden in their pants for the second half. That little bit of fortifying helped many a student sit through the no-shade side most of four quarters.

Collier11
9/20/2010, 04:19 PM
Well I had student tix from 2000-2005 and I know that every since 2000 atleast they have been first come first served type seats, I think they figure they can squeeze more peeps in that way

setem
9/20/2010, 04:23 PM
Reading through this thread I am glad my student days were back in the day.

Sounds like what used to be a workable system has been fubared.

Used to be your student ticket was an assigned seat, it was yours all season and yeah, some extra people would squeeze into the section 29 and 30 seats but if push came to shove, as long as you had a stub, you couldn't get kicked out.

It also doesn't help that the students can't slip out at halftime, down a couple of beers and come back in with another beer hidden in their pants for the second half. That little bit of fortifying helped many a student sit through the no-shade side most of four quarters.

The whole "no re-entry" deal has thwarted our efforts to leave get beer and come back. That doesn't happen anymore, you leave you have to stay leaved(?)!

badger
9/20/2010, 04:27 PM
Well I had student tix from 2000-2005 and I know that every since 2000 atleast they have been first come first served type seats, I think they figure they can squeeze more peeps in that way

They could always arrange student seats by classification - seniors up front (or closer to the 50) and freshmen in that little crappy corner that is the first to empty.

Are security still being sticklers about keeping non-students out of designated student section areas? If the north endzone guys could freely move into that area, that might clear up some of that empty look on TV

Fraggle145
9/20/2010, 04:30 PM
That Miami game a few years ago was pretty ****in hot.

setem
9/20/2010, 04:30 PM
/

KantoSooner
9/20/2010, 04:32 PM
I know for a fact that without a bota bag of brandy neither I nor the people seated around me would have survived Nebraska 1985. Cold wet and sleeting.

soonerbrat
9/20/2010, 04:44 PM
The whole "no re-entry" deal has thwarted our efforts to leave get beer and come back. That doesn't happen anymore, you leave you have to stay leaved(?)!

pocket shots. YWIA.

setem
9/20/2010, 04:56 PM
Oh I swill up during the game. I have my ways of getting it in the game!

meoveryouxinfinity
9/20/2010, 05:08 PM
You seriously don't know how hot it was unless you
1) got to the stadium 1 1/2- 2 hours early and sat in the sun the entire time
2) were on the east side of the stadium
3) standing during play
3) yelling while on defense.
3) were sunburnt as **** from last week

so complain all you want about how the student section sucks but I will not make myself sick being in those conditions. You shouldn't expect us to either. 99% of the time I will leave the gave before the clock reads 00:00 in those conditions.
Players on the field are being constantly hydrated (some even get an IV of fluids at half), they have mist fans, cool air tubes, etc. They break during plays and are physically trained and ready for the game situations.

Landthief 1972
9/20/2010, 05:09 PM
We sat on the 45 in section 31, on the east side. Walked in at 1:30, didn't leave until 10 minutes after Air Force finished their song with their fans after the game. Yes, it was miserable, and there were a few times I didn't have enough energy to yell for fear of passing out, but I stuck around, and my girlfriend managed, too. (and still looked smoking hot even all sweaty) :D

goodonya
9/20/2010, 05:34 PM
I gotta agree with vigor here. I've got a freshman at OU this year and I called him at half time to discuss what he was seeing as a former 5A Texas high school QB. HE TOLD ME HE WAS AT THE DORM! He said his date got sick and wanted to walk her back to her room. I said that was honorable but he better GET HIS A$$ BACK TO THE GAME PRONTO as this is his duty.

I cannot explain it but I don't think he will pull this again for any reason.

josh09
9/20/2010, 05:53 PM
This just simply isnt true. They were standing just like I was standing. You can see from my pic where I was located. And we didnt end up in the shade until the end of the game.

In your pic, I see at least half of the North End Zone sitting....

Crucifax Autumn
9/20/2010, 06:05 PM
We sat on the 45 in section 31, on the east side. Walked in at 1:30, didn't leave until 10 minutes after Air Force finished their song with their fans after the game. Yes, it was miserable, and there were a few times I didn't have enough energy to yell for fear of passing out, but I stuck around, and my girlfriend managed, too. (and still looked smoking hot even all sweaty) :D

This post is worthless without pics. :D

Fraggle145
9/20/2010, 06:06 PM
In your pic, I see at least half of the North End Zone sitting....

Its halftime jack weed.

yankee
9/20/2010, 06:17 PM
They could always arrange student seats by classification - seniors up front (or closer to the 50) and freshmen in that little crappy corner that is the first to empty.

no. hell no.

texas aggy does that. you get yelled at and stuff if you're not sitting in the right section. we're not aggy.

Fraggle145
9/20/2010, 06:18 PM
Assigned tickets worked well at UGA...

yankee
9/20/2010, 06:23 PM
everyone needs to come the f' down. 3 (?) weeks of not having a game in norman, hopefully coming off a beatdown of the whorns, and cooler weather will have things back to normal in soonerland.

Fraggle145
9/20/2010, 06:27 PM
Well outrage seemed to get everyone who got their panties in a bunch at "Home of the Sooners" what they wanted, I think we are just trying to ride their coattails...

sooner59
9/20/2010, 07:07 PM
OU - UCLA 2003. Hotter. Than. ****! Somebody said it was 107 at game time. We were all there at 12:30 for the 2:30pm game. Everybody in the student section looked like lobsters after the game. It was a blowout. Everybody stayed the entire game. Antonio Perkins set the NCAA record for punt return TDs in one game. Good times. :D

Collier11
9/20/2010, 07:31 PM
3) standing during play

so complain all you want about how the student section sucks but I will not make myself sick being in those conditions. You shouldn't expect us to either. 99% of the time I will leave the gave before the clock reads 00:00 in those conditions.
Players on the field are being constantly hydrated (some even get an IV of fluids at half), they have mist fans, cool air tubes, etc. They break during plays and are physically trained and ready for the game situations.

If you or any student is going to leave with the game in doubt, give your tix to someone else

Collier11
9/20/2010, 07:33 PM
OU - UCLA 2003. Hotter. Than. ****! Somebody said it was 107 at game time. We were all there at 12:30 for the 2:30pm game. Everybody in the student section looked like lobsters after the game. It was a blowout. Everybody stayed the entire game. Antonio Perkins set the NCAA record for punt return TDs in one game. Good times. :D

I remember a Kstate home game where I was up til 430 bonging beer, went to bed til 730, got up and got in line to get prime seats for a 11am kickoff. OU students need to quit being little bitches and go for the entire game if it is a good or close game or give someone else the tix

freshchris05
9/20/2010, 09:55 PM
it's 420

btk108
9/20/2010, 10:56 PM
3) standing during play

The wifey and I salute the east siders everygame. Those poor sumbitches on the upper deck scare me. Tough, tough, tough.

HBick
9/21/2010, 12:38 AM
I remember a Kstate home game where I was up til 430 bonging beer, went to bed til 730, got up and got in line to get prime seats for a 11am kickoff.

You only did this for one game?

That said, the worst game day I had in the student section was Miami, I remember waking up with a screwdriver in hand by 6am in the shower and blaring boomer sooner in my car on the way to Johnnie's Express for breakfast.

Side Note: the Miami fans were all wandering around and this guy on Lindsey kept yelling, "Welcome to God's country!" Good times.

Collier11
9/21/2010, 12:39 AM
Of course not, its just the only one I remember :D

yermom
9/21/2010, 01:02 AM
i remember working all night before the BGSU game in 2004 to upgrade hardware on the OU web servers

i left campus, slept for 1.5 hours, then drove back for the game. i wasn't the loudest in the stadium that day, but i didn't leave...

ugh.

btk108
9/21/2010, 01:46 AM
i remember working all night before the BGSU game in 2004 to upgrade hardware on the OU web servers

i left campus, slept for 1.5 hours, then drove back for the game. i wasn't the loudest in the stadium that day, but i didn't leave...

ugh.

but you were loaded on rufies..........

Crucifax Autumn
9/21/2010, 01:53 AM
Don't act like the great detective: You slipped him the roofies in the first place.

Collier11
9/21/2010, 01:56 AM
then slipped him something else, nothing significant but something nonetheless

Crucifax Autumn
9/21/2010, 01:57 AM
No doubt.

yermom
9/21/2010, 02:19 AM
but you were loaded on rufies..........

heh. no Rufalin for me

i don't think i was even on caffeine

that was game #3 in the streak :eek:

Crucifax Autumn
9/21/2010, 02:21 AM
No wonder you were quiet. From what I hear on the news caffeine not only wakes you up and makes you loud, it MAKES YOU KILL PEOPLE!!!!!!

OK2U
9/21/2010, 11:28 AM
TW:

For some OU fans, ditching Air Force game was healthy choice
9/21/2010 12:21:37 AM

Yesterday I asked a simple question -- "Where did everybody go?" – in response to the halftime exodus of Oklahoma fans from the Air Force game. It was a strange sight, considering the Falcons tied the score on their opening drive of the third quarter.

Now, I make a simple statement that I should have considered before posing the question: Easy for me, sitting comfortably in an air-conditioned press box, to ask it.

I want to share an email from a Tulsa fan named Carol:

"We have had season tickets for about 22 years now, and Saturday was the first time we have ever left early. We sit in the north end zone, and the heat was stifling. There were no concessionaires coming up the stairs with water, soft drinks, etc. during the entire game. They were stationed at the bottom of the stairways.

"For those people with small children, older people, etc. it is not easy to gather up and walk down there, especially in the heat. All of the comments around us were about how hot everyone was, and they were even not yelling as much as usual, trying to conserve energy. Looking to the east side of the stadium, the sun is directly on them (it is on our right side).

"It would seem that these September games, all of them, should be played in the evening. I know that TV dictates when we play, but the conditions this past Saturday were brutal. People around us who have never left early left, as did we. It was just too much."

-- Guerin Emig

starclassic tama
9/21/2010, 11:31 AM
B.S... you mean it's hot in september in oklahoma? that never happens! it was a 3 point game, and the stadium was like 70% full...

Sooner_Havok
9/21/2010, 06:00 PM

I was at that one too. Not nearly as bad as the Oregon game. The Bama game was a hot one too. But none of those games where one week after an equally hot afternoon game. At least the morning games give you some relief. Sure, you get there early, but it is cool, and the game is ending as the temps start getting their worse.

I mean, we all looked like lobsters after the FSU game. Most of us were peeling from FSU during the AF game.

texaspokieokie
9/21/2010, 06:12 PM
a personal choice that everyone has to make on their own.

the east side did look worse than the north end zone.

cannot understand why folks would take a baby to a game like the AFA game.

there was an occasional small cloud for brief relief.

AFA game seemed (to me) to be worse than the FSU game.

soonerborn30
9/21/2010, 10:04 PM
I don't get that either. Keep your newborn baby the hell home. What are you doing? If you can't afford/find a sitter, you keep your *** at home and watch the damn game on TV. That actually pisses me off a little.

[/rant]

yermom
9/21/2010, 10:36 PM
I was at that one too. Not nearly as bad as the Oregon game. The Bama game was a hot one too. But none of those games where one week after an equally hot afternoon game. At least the morning games give you some relief. Sure, you get there early, but it is cool, and the game is ending as the temps start getting their worse.

I mean, we all looked like lobsters after the FSU game. Most of us were peeling from FSU during the AF game.

so far nothing has been as bad as the Bama game to me. i was in the student section for Bama and UCLA. i don't even remember being uncomfortable during the UCLA game. we were too busy scoring :eek:

i remember the UTEP game after that Bama game. the rain was NICE

i remember them making a big deal about the Oregon game with their players getting IVs because of not being used to it, and the sideline reporter having a big thermometer on the field, but i don't remember it being that bad

sooner59
9/21/2010, 10:41 PM
Yeah I was there for the Oregon game as well. Forgot about that one.

soonerborn30
9/21/2010, 11:30 PM
I remember that. Having lived out there for a while, I knew that heat would get to them. I just had to sit back and enjoy all the pasty pseudo-hippies wilting in the Oklahoma heat. That was a good day.

kbsooner
10/13/2010, 09:57 PM
Bump.

Should be no excuses this saturday...

Soonerwake
10/13/2010, 10:04 PM
Oh, the student section will NOT be full. Mark my words...

It will be too sunny, too cool, too cloudy, too ___________........

party1234
10/13/2010, 10:30 PM
Don't act like the great detective: You slipped him the roofies in the first place.

mmmmm roofies

BoomerSoonerGoOU
10/13/2010, 10:32 PM
Bump.

Should be no excuses this saturday...

There will be a mass exodus of brosephs/dbags and sorostitues after they announce the Z0MG!11! homecoming awards.

RaleighSooner
10/13/2010, 10:33 PM
Well, those bastards ought to suck it up. If I could sit there in the same weather through the Gibbs, Schnellenberger & Blake years then surely they can handle it to see an undefeated team take the field...

If the team can play on the field, surely people can sit on their asses in the stands - or heaven forbid, stand.

fdubzou
10/13/2010, 10:38 PM
I guess it will take somebody dying from heat stroke at a game to get some people to stop bitching. That having been said, I stay until the end of every game I go to. But I'm 25 and healthy.

GottaHavePride
10/13/2010, 11:03 PM
so far nothing has been as bad as the Bama game to me. i was in the student section for Bama and UCLA. i don't even remember being uncomfortable during the UCLA game. we were too busy scoring :eek:

i remember the UTEP game after that Bama game. the rain was NICE

i remember them making a big deal about the Oregon game with their players getting IVs because of not being used to it, and the sideline reporter having a big thermometer on the field, but i don't remember it being that bad

UTEP in 2000 was the worst I remember. About 118 on the field at kickoff.

yermom
10/13/2010, 11:07 PM
i heard stories, but i wasn't there

OUstud
10/14/2010, 12:23 AM
Let fans leave and return at half. That would be a start for helping people stick around. I bet if fans were allowed out they'd hang at tailgates, go to O'Connell's, whatever...then come back like they did for years. Like it or not, a lot of fans don't want to stand in long lines or just sit in the stands, especially when it's hot.

josh09
10/14/2010, 08:20 AM
UTEP in 2000 was the worst I remember. About 118 on the field at kickoff.

I was there, as a 9 year old. That's probably why I didnt notice the heat as much, plus this was my first OU football game to attend! I was too excited to be hot :D

kbsooner
10/14/2010, 03:19 PM
The smoking gun, time to retract the student section. Unbelievable that there are still tickets available. I got this from a co-worker still at OU.

TO: All OU Students

Your football team needs your support for this weekend's football game against Iowa State. Student tickets are available to any OU student with an OU student ID for $32 per ticket at the OU Athletics Ticket Office. Don't forget that this weekend is Homecoming and up to 4 Student Guest tickets are also available to each OU student for $77 per ticket. The Athletics Ticket Office is open until 5 pm.

Billy Walton
OU Ticket Office

As provided by University policy, the OU Ticket Office has approved the application for distribution submitted with this E-mail under the mass E-mail policy. The approval is to the form of the application only, not to the content or viewpoint of the message. Approval of the form of this E-mail for distribution under the mass E-mail policy does not imply any position of the University.

Some students may not wish to receive OUMM. In order to manage these messages, users should use one of the filtering techniques described at: http://www.ou.edu/itlabs/email/support/oumm.htm. Students are strongly advised to review OUMM messages before deleting them to avoid deleting important communication from their academic department.

madillsoonerfan5353
10/14/2010, 04:01 PM
It's getting better, the ticket office has some unclaimed student tickets for sale for ISU game. What gives?

badger
10/14/2010, 04:14 PM
The smoking gun, time to retract the student section. Unbelievable that there are still tickets available. I got this from a co-worker still at OU.

TO: All OU Students

Your football team needs your support for this weekend's football game against Iowa State. Student tickets are available to any OU student with an OU student ID for $32 per ticket at the OU Athletics Ticket Office. Don't forget that this weekend is Homecoming and up to 4 Student Guest tickets are also available to each OU student for $77 per ticket. The Athletics Ticket Office is open until 5 pm.

Billy Walton
OU Ticket Office

As provided by University policy, the OU Ticket Office has approved the application for distribution submitted with this E-mail under the mass E-mail policy. The approval is to the form of the application only, not to the content or viewpoint of the message. Approval of the form of this E-mail for distribution under the mass E-mail policy does not imply any position of the University.

Some students may not wish to receive OUMM. In order to manage these messages, users should use one of the filtering techniques described at: http://www.ou.edu/itlabs/email/support/oumm.htm. Students are strongly advised to review OUMM messages before deleting them to avoid deleting important communication from their academic department.

$32 bucks?! I know it's a conference game and Homecoming and all, but COME ON! When I was a student (and it wasn't that long ago) tickets were $15!

Is face value of tickets really $77 for non-students? OU really doesn't know what to do about ticket prices does it? "Durrrr, it's a conference game just like the bigger name opponents, so let's charge the same for Iowa State and Baylor that we would for Nebraska and Texas A&M."

:rolleyes: no better time to scalp.

Dale Rich
10/14/2010, 04:18 PM
:pop:

texaspokieokie
10/14/2010, 04:19 PM
tickets were $87 for one game, must've been fsu.

prices started going up sharply after the MNC season of 2000.

oudivesherpa
10/14/2010, 04:34 PM
It's just a case of supply and demand, if you want a lot of tickets at low prices, go to Stillwater.

Except when OU plays, then the prices will be sky high.

yankee
10/14/2010, 05:53 PM
don't think the student section is going to live up to the high standards the old people have around here this week...all week i've seen my friends selling theirs on facebook.

kbsooner
10/14/2010, 06:51 PM
OU football is synonomous with high standards. WTF is going on?

don't think the student section is going to live up to the high standards the old people have around here this week...all week i've seen my friends selling theirs on facebook.

soonerboomer93
10/14/2010, 08:10 PM
****in student section

but when I was at OU, our season tickets were $55

85sooners
10/22/2010, 08:00 PM
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/526/img0443rb.jpg

Just in case you wanted to see the extent of the fail... It looked like this to start the 2nd half and got worse as the half progressed. And ya I know it is a big pic, but I suck at photoediting and dont give a **** enough to make it smaller.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Iam4OUru
10/22/2010, 10:30 PM
Heh. That's true. I remember just a few years back when this wasn't so. It's just sad.

Things cOUld be worse. Come to Baton Rouge in the midst of this quarterback controversy and check it OUt. Absolute worst friggin' "fans" ever.

sooner59
10/23/2010, 01:09 AM
Yeah, it sucks when your team is undefeated I guess. Its catching on.

SoonerBacker
10/23/2010, 08:28 AM
Been attending OU games since '75 and other than the Blake era, I have NEVER seen the student section so apathetic. This excuse about wanting to go drink at the half and then come back is just that - an excuse. There have been several games this year when the student section wasn't even full at the beginning of a game!

If the students are more interested about getting drunk than they are about the games, cut the size of the student section and sell those tickets to people who will actually show up!

kbsooner
10/23/2010, 09:11 AM
Been meaning to post here. ISU game started out acceptable, only the upper corner was sparse, maybe about 100-200 seats empty. After they announced the homecoming winners, a section and a half disappeared.

sooner59
10/23/2010, 12:32 PM
Been meaning to post here. ISU game started out acceptable, only the upper corner was sparse, maybe about 100-200 seats empty. After they announced the homecoming winners, a section and a half disappeared.

That is every year though. After the homecoming winners are announced, the frats and sororities always bounce out.

I just remember my first couple of years in undergrad (2003 & 2004) tickets were damn hard to come by and the student section was packed and crazy. Now they are giving them away and there are empty seats everywhere. Its ****ing pathetic. And I am one of the ones there being loud so they can suck my ****. Bunch of spoiled dooshes...

85sooners
10/23/2010, 12:50 PM
screw em

StoopTroup
10/23/2010, 08:21 PM
Dear Student Section....take a good look at mizzou's student section tonight. Take notes.

yankee
10/23/2010, 08:31 PM
Dear Student Section....take a good look at mizzou's student section tonight. Take notes.

pom poms are gay.

GottaHavePride
10/23/2010, 08:50 PM
Noise is awesome.

StoopTroup
10/23/2010, 09:40 PM
pom poms are gay.

Agreed. Listen to what Yankee said.

kbsooner
7/26/2011, 09:10 PM
in the spirit of thread revival. Hope its better this season, but I don't have much faith...

Ruf/Nek7
7/26/2011, 09:44 PM
whats really pathetic is at the homecoming game and all the stupid parade awards are announced and its a mad rush to the exits by all greek

SoonerofAlabama
7/26/2011, 09:48 PM
whats really pathetic is at the homecoming game and all the stupid parade awards are announced and its a mad rush to the exits by all greek

Okay, I just looked up your sig. Is this what it means?

Don't let the bastards grind you down

Ruf/Nek7
7/26/2011, 10:10 PM
Okay, I just looked up your sig. Is this what it means?

Don't let the bastards grind you down

Exactly what it means!