PDA

View Full Version : Dan Noble

JRAM
9/18/2010, 09:10 PM
This kid is going to be our next great defensive lineman. He was all over the place today. What skills. I see why Jackie Shipp is so high on him now. Hell of a player.

delhalew
9/18/2010, 09:15 PM
Looks good for a young'un.

BoulderSooner79
9/18/2010, 09:18 PM
He stood out - in a great way. This year's class is living up to the hype so far.

Chiliman
9/18/2010, 09:20 PM
He looked like he has a great future. Solid game.

oudavid1
9/18/2010, 11:26 PM
Another True Freshman playing for the D.

KBoomer11
9/19/2010, 12:20 AM
Speaking of true freshman, how about a couple of those huge open field tackles by Tony Jefferson. Kids gonna be a superstar.

sooner59
9/19/2010, 12:28 AM
I was impressed by some the open field tackles by Nelson and Fleming. Then again, I was unimpressed equally by their missed tackles.

gaylordfan1
9/19/2010, 01:20 AM
Yeah, I gave him props in another thread.... didn't see this one. After his showing today i think he will see significant PT the rest of the season. Crazy that a true frosh is playing this good. He didn't even show up on campus til June.

OK2U
9/21/2010, 12:27 PM
http://www.fanfeedr.com/ncaa-football/2010/09/21/bob-stoops-says-freshman-defensive-tackle-solid-in-debut

Bob Stoops says freshman defensive tackle solid in debut

All the talk last week was about the unconventional offense the Sooners would face against Air Force.
Senior linebacker Travis Lewis admitted prior to the game that he was not looking forward to it. Defensive coordinator Brent Venables made it known that he was relieved to see his team leave that game with a win.
As for freshman defensive tackle Daniel Noble? He got his first game action against the option-running, cut-blocking Falcons offense. And, according to coach Bob Stoops, he excelled.
“He played a heck of a game,” he said. “He’s tough.”
Noble had one tackle and one assisted tackle Saturday, but he held his own against Air Force, which ran the ball more than 60 times among eight different ball carriers.
Noble said he came to OU with no expectations of playing time, and he was just focused on working hard and performing when and if he was called upon.
“I was just determined to work as hard as I could to become as good as I could and to advance as quickly as I could,” Noble said. “I wasn’t going to be disappointed if I didn’t play, I just wanted to do the best I could.”
The Flower Mound, Texas, native had an example to follow when he arrived in Norman, and said he looked to senior defensive tackle Adrian Taylor for guidance.
“I was all over him all over the summer, asking him so many different questions,” Noble said. “I was just absorbing as much as I could.”
Stoops said he has high hopes for the player Noble can become down the road.
“He’s going to be a really good player,” Stoops said. “He already is, but he has a chance to be one of those guys who is really special.”

cyclonesooner
9/22/2010, 09:34 PM
He played very good technique and stayed much lower than the other defensive tackles. It was easy to notice his good play.

VA Sooner
9/22/2010, 09:47 PM
I never saw him before but he impressed me in the Air Force game. Looked solid in his techniques.

Widescreen
9/22/2010, 09:49 PM
I think it's interesting how Stoops is allowing his freshmen to talk the media much more than in years past.