PDA

View Full Version : O-line

delhalew
9/18/2010, 07:19 PM
These guys have been kicking *** and taking names. Here's hoping they can do the same against *.

rawlingsHOH
9/18/2010, 07:23 PM
Yep, just like 02 and 06, the bounce back is evident. Four year cycle. I'd bank on it.

BoulderSooner79
9/18/2010, 07:29 PM
The pass protection in the last 2 games has been better than any game I can remember last season (I didn't see USU).

I can't tell what's up with the run game. Is it the backs? O-line? Scheme? I think part of it is the scheme for sure - a trade-off for being a pass first team. I still expected it to be a bit better.

delhalew
9/18/2010, 07:32 PM
The pass protection in the last 2 games has been better than any game I can remember last season (I didn't see USU).

I can't tell what's up with the run game. Is it the backs? O-line? Scheme? I think part of it is the scheme for sure - a trade-off for being a pass first team. I still expected it to be a bit better.

Again...seriously? Murray gets the call...first down. Start leaning on Landry...Punt.

BoulderSooner79
9/18/2010, 07:43 PM
Again...seriously? Murray gets the call...first down. Start leaning on Landry...Punt.

Again..seriously? Not in the first half. I was really disappointed near the end of the first half when they backed us up inside the 20, but we had plenty of time to drive and the pass was starting to work. We run DM 3 times and we only move the sticks because we got a *really* favorable spot. There just wasn't much room and as I questioned, I can't really tell the reason. The 2nd half looked better, but LJ started playing better too.

mightysooner
9/18/2010, 08:02 PM
O-line played a great game today. I wish Wilson would've put the game in their hands and just ran the football more with Murray. They dominated the AFA D-line at the point of attack and Murray could've gone for 180 yards on the ground easily.

delhalew
9/18/2010, 08:03 PM
O-line played a great game today. I wish Wilson would've put the game in their hands and just ran the football more with Murray. They dominated the AFA D-line at the point of attack and Murray could've gone for 180 yards on the ground easily.

This is what I saw.

BoulderSooner79
9/18/2010, 08:29 PM

Obviously, I didn't see it that way. But even if that were true for this game, from the 50,000ft. level, KW has to look down the road too. This team will only go as far as LJ and the passing game will take them; they are not going run the ball down the throats of the better teams on the schedule. And that goes double for next year when I think we have what it takes to make a title run. But you have to develop the players this year to make that happen.

As far as putting the game in the O-line's hand; you do that regardless of whether you run or pass. The pass protection was great today w/o many (any?) holding calls.

VA Sooner
9/18/2010, 08:34 PM
O-line did a great job! A huge progression from last year.

I see each game differently and trying to achieve a balance between the pass game and the run game. You'll notice that the stars take turn "saving our hides" when the game is on the line.

Have to hand it to LJ and KW in deciding to throw a third-down pass to Kenny Stills for the first down. Great play.

BoulderSooner79
9/18/2010, 09:27 PM
O-line did a great job! A huge progression from last year.

I see each game differently and trying to achieve a balance between the pass game and the run game. You'll notice that the stars take turn "saving our hides" when the game is on the line.

Have to hand it to LJ and KW in deciding to throw a third-down pass to Kenny Stills for the first down. Great play.

I liked that call too. AFA was forced to over-load against the run in that situation and you have to trust that LJ can make the throw. Nice to trust a true frosh to make the catch.