PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I'm misunderstanding the rules, but...

SoonerStormchaser
9/18/2010, 06:53 PM
It sure looked to me like AF had a few blocks on some of their TD passes/runs that were close to clipping. Can someone elaborate on what the refs look for when they call it?

olevetonahill
9/18/2010, 06:58 PM
Depends on if they wearing their Glasses er not ;)
http://design.sva.edu/site/sva_assets/0000/0225/blinders_prototype_horiz602.jpg

rawlingsHOH
9/18/2010, 07:01 PM
It sure looked to me like AF had a few blocks on some of their TD passes/runs that were close to clipping. Can someone elaborate on what the refs look for when they call it?

Their WRs had a couple blocks in the back, for sure.

OUinFLA
9/18/2010, 07:02 PM
which way the blockee falls

Okie35
9/18/2010, 07:04 PM
Some of the blocks were from the side. They were close but I remember I was watching a game last week and the refs called blocking in the back but picked up the flag. The commentator said, "Usually if they aren't falling forward they won't call it."

rawlingsHOH
9/18/2010, 07:09 PM
Some of the blocks were from the side. They were close but I remember I was watching a game last week and the refs called blocking in the back but picked up the flag. The commentator said, "Usually if they aren't falling forward they won't call it."

Watch on, I believe, the final AFA drive, Tony Jefferson gets flattened and falls face first.

allanace16
9/18/2010, 07:16 PM
Speaking of "rules misunderstandings", on the first Air Force TD, I thought that final block downfield was a chop block, and that it was illegal to do that. Everyone around me thought the same thing too. What was up with that?

SoonerStormchaser
9/18/2010, 07:16 PM
Yah...their TD in the 3rd to tie it up at 10, it sure as hell looked like one of their WR's threw a block below the knees on the backside of one of our DB's. That's where I thought it was rather evident.