PDA

View Full Version : I gotta come out of mothballs to say...

NoleMan
9/18/2010, 06:50 PM
WTF??

No offense to all my good friend here, but man. You are SO much better than this. You DESTROYED US,

What happened?

btk108
9/18/2010, 06:51 PM
Is there a gnashing of teeth in the Seminole nation? *L* We were inconsistent, they weren't, we still win.

Piware
9/18/2010, 06:51 PM
Triple Option

delhalew
9/18/2010, 06:52 PM
Landry got rattled. The D predictably had trouble containing the triple option, and Kevin Wilson got away from the run when we were killing them with it.

BoulderSooner79
9/18/2010, 07:22 PM
Landry got rattled. The D predictably had trouble containing the triple option, and Kevin Wilson got away from the run when we were killing them with it.

? Did we watch the same game? We tried to run too much in the 1st half when it was not working. We did run better in the 2nd half, but still did not break one long run that I can recall. I say we have a rule we are not allowed to run on 1st and 10 until mid-way through the 2nd after the other guys have had to pass rush for a while.

BoulderSooner79
9/18/2010, 07:24 PM
WTF??

No offense to all my good friend here, but man. You are SO much better than this. You DESTROYED US,

What happened?

No offense to you either NoleMan, but AFA is better than FSU.

bringit
9/18/2010, 07:26 PM
I expected AF to score 20+ but I also expected our offense to score 40+. Give credit to their defensive schemes.

delhalew
9/18/2010, 07:28 PM
? Did we watch the same game? We tried to run too much in the 1st half when it was not working. We did run better in the 2nd half, but still did not break one long run that I can recall. I say we have a rule we are not allowed to run on 1st and 10 until mid-way through the 2nd after the other guys have had to pass rush for a while.

We were not watching the same game. Is the run only useful when you break for 30 yard runs? I thought it was for first downs...something we got easily when we let Murray overpower the smaller Falcons. When Landry was in bad head-space, we could have used more first downs, courtesy of Mr. Murray.

olevetonahill
9/18/2010, 07:28 PM
AF played us with a Game plan we will not see again

aero
9/18/2010, 07:32 PM
The loss of O'Hara took away alot of our options on offense and left our defense rudderless.

BoulderSooner79
9/18/2010, 07:36 PM
We were not watching the same game. Is the run only useful when you break for 30 yard runs? I thought it was for first downs...something we got easily when we let Murray overpower the smaller Falcons. When Landry was in bad head-space, we could have used more first downs, courtesy of Mr. Murray.

We totally agree on the moving the sticks part. I also agree you have to be patient with the run. But you can't be patient if the other guys have the ball because you are not getting enough on average to move the sticks and that was our success rate against FSU and the 1st half today. We do much better using that long swing pass to substitute for a run. It also forces the D to pass rush and then sprint the field to make the play. Once they are huffin' and puffin' a bit, then we start getting the 4-5 yards needed to call a running play a success.

bringit
9/18/2010, 07:50 PM
oh, and no team has scored on AF's defense in the 2nd half this year but us. They're a solid team.

SoonerObsession
9/18/2010, 08:03 PM
Air Force wraps up on tackles and lines up in the right spots too.

cvsooner
9/18/2010, 08:15 PM
Probably some letdown from last week too. It happens.

VA Sooner
9/18/2010, 08:21 PM
Good game plan from Air Force who played their guts out and some hard hitting. They're tackling was much better than ours.

Landry is hit or miss so far... when he is, we needed to get the ground game in some more. He's better than this... not sure what got him spooked. That deep ball to a wide-open Broyles would have kept all critics quiet.

I have to hand it to Air Force... I knew we were in for a fight with the triple option and learning how to cover it (and they did a superb job of running the deception plays, even fooled me completely once and I had to rewind to figure out what happened). But what I didn't expect is how well they kept up with our offense... for most of the time.

Good job, Air Force. Gave us quite a scare.

soonergirlNeugene
9/18/2010, 09:16 PM
AFA>FSU, simple

badger
9/18/2010, 09:18 PM
you, as a ranked opponent, were a threat to our home winning streak. non-ranked foes are not... apparently :mad:

:) win out to make us look good plz