PDA

View Full Version : Phony statistic showing Boise with longest...

rawlingsHOH
9/18/2010, 06:20 PM
... home winning streak.

Don't bring that crap to an OU telecast. Get it right!

Joe
9/18/2010, 06:21 PM
You didn't know? Boise has won 30 home games in the past week. Thought someone told you that.

agoo758
9/18/2010, 06:21 PM
How about biggest winning streak in games not played on green grass? :mad:

delhalew
9/18/2010, 06:22 PM
I know..wtf?

bluedogok
9/18/2010, 06:44 PM
The have the longest home winning streak if you don't count their Humanitarian Bowl loss on the blue turf of their home field...

Peach Fuzz
9/18/2010, 06:46 PM
FSN will always be a little sports puppet...

rawlingsHOH
9/18/2010, 06:49 PM
The have the longest home winning streak if you don't count their Humanitarian Bowl loss on the blue turf of their home field...

The NCAA counts home bowl games as home games, as they should. Miami has a bunch of Orange Bowl wins in their RECORD 58 game home streak.

Piware
9/18/2010, 06:50 PM
No one cares except Ore-Ida. Those weren't wins - they were tater tots eating contests.

bluedogok
9/18/2010, 06:53 PM
The NCAA counts home bowl games as home games, as they should. Miami has a bunch of Orange Bowl wins in their RECORD 58 game home streak.
Oh I agree....it's just more "fun with statistics" and extrapolating them out to a suit whatever your view is. The fact that OU and the Whorns never play each other at home helps out such streaks for both schools.

CrimsonJim
9/18/2010, 06:54 PM
... home winning streak.

Don't bring that crap to an OU telecast. Get it right!

Yeah, that was a bunch of BS! They should have known about their Humanitarian Bowl loss. Buncha dumb arses any how! :mad:

jkjsooner
9/18/2010, 07:04 PM

I actually agree with their interpretation of the streak. The bowl game should not count for or against you. It's technicially a neutral site and technicalities should matter. In addition, tickets are not distributed the same as a normal home game so you can argue that it's not just a technicality.

rawlingsHOH
9/18/2010, 07:08 PM
I actually agree with their interpretation of the streak. The bowl game should not count for or against you. It's technicially a neutral site and technicalities should matter. In addition, tickets are not distributed the same as a normal home game so you can argue that it's not just a technicality.

But the only interpretation that matters is the NCAAs!

VA Sooner
9/18/2010, 08:53 PM
Take down that Boise State stat and put in a retraction for the next time OU plays.