PDA

View Full Version : Defensive collapse

rawlingsHOH
9/18/2010, 05:58 PM
Played so great in the first half. Allowed first downs, but only one big play, and 3 points.

Second half, total breadowns. Missed assignments and tackles.

Hopefully we came out of this healthy. Lewis, Walker and Nelson are limping. Austin Box, anybody heard how his back rehab is going?

Okie35
9/18/2010, 06:02 PM
Played so great in the first half. Allowed first downs, but only one big play, and 3 points.

Hopefully we came out of this healthy. Lewis, Walker and Nelson are limping. Austin Box, anybody heard how his back rehab is going?

Running like 95% of the time will do that to you.

TXBOOMER
9/18/2010, 06:05 PM
Box must not be close...if he was you would think we would hear about it. I would like to see him back out there. They tackled bad in the second half but got away with it. Many times you see a team get a dominating emotional win one week and struggle the next.

tulsaoilerfan
9/18/2010, 06:12 PM
Sometimes we need to remember that this is a pretty young team out there and Defense and they are going to make mistakes; cut them a little slack

agoo758
9/18/2010, 06:33 PM
The two conversions on Third and 15 are inexcusable.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/18/2010, 06:35 PM
I thought Wort was a monster. Didn't hear his name called at all.

Piware
9/18/2010, 06:38 PM
I was a little freaked out about it too but this is an offense you can't learn to defend in a couple weeks. Made me long for the wishbone days. Maybe it's just me but I think misdirection and team speed = the perfect combination.

rawlingsHOH
9/18/2010, 06:45 PM

Was lucky he wasn't singled out on a few whiffs.

delhalew
9/18/2010, 07:21 PM
Coach Martinez said they had 54 formation, and 47 of them were option. That's nutz.

olevetonahill
9/18/2010, 07:23 PM

So ya sayin LJ AND our D are Spazes ?:rolleyes:

Chiliman
9/18/2010, 08:00 PM

Most people thought BV was blabbering 'coach speak' when he talked about Box being ahead of Wort. I watched Box through high school and when he's played @ OU. He's a very athletic, intelligent, disciplined player. It's a damn tragedy what the injuries have done to him. We definitely could have used him today and I bet BV would have loved to have a disciplined MLB today, who knows how to maintain gap integrity.

soonerinabilene
9/18/2010, 08:20 PM
wort is still very green. you can definitely see his potential, but it is also very obvious that he is a freshman. experience is the only thing he needs. if he had the experience of ryan reynolds, its a totally different ball game.

what i dont get is the nickel defense. i thought this would be the one game where they use ronnell at lb and take advantatedge of his hitting power and speed.

VA Sooner
9/18/2010, 08:38 PM
He was out of position and perhaps a little too hyped up still. Wanted to hit somebody but then the runners were past him, slipping through his tackles.

He'll get better with time but I think Box has the better instincts. Just wish his body could hold up better. I still blame the 'Pokes for that cheap shot they took at him 2 years ago. He hasn't been the same since then.