PDA

View Full Version : Landry Jones is a Sophmore...

ratherthanlater
9/18/2010, 05:15 PM
And he is trying to replace one of, if not the best Qb's OUr team has ever had. He's not going to look perfect on every play. That is all I got. Fear the 'Stache!

Peach Fuzz
9/18/2010, 05:42 PM
That may be, but K Wilson isnt a soph... and he needs to be fired while im at it :rolleyes:

Tigeman
9/18/2010, 05:54 PM
Sophomore or not, that doesn't mean he can't be consistent! Everybody has 1 bad game, even maybe 2 bad games a season. But it's almost like it's every other game he's great then bad! I hope Josh gets Landry's head out of things. I think he's thinking to much....literally. Trust your talent Landry!

Squigglyline
9/18/2010, 06:03 PM
Trust your talent Landry!

Well said. The kid is a good, if not great Qback but he has GOT to trust his instincts and quit second guessing himself when under pressure.

agoo758
9/18/2010, 06:12 PM
um.... didn't any of you guys see the second half:confused: He looked pretty good to me.

greeksooner
9/18/2010, 06:21 PM
redshirt soph.,

delhalew
9/18/2010, 06:25 PM
um.... didn't any of you guys see the second half:confused: He looked pretty good to me.

Except when he didn't.

Statalyzer
9/18/2010, 06:26 PM
redshirt soph.,

Piware
9/18/2010, 06:46 PM
I'm starting to get a little worried about Landry. If Josh can't coach him out of his tendency to get rattled I wonder if anybody can. I don't want to bash him as her is OUr guy so maybe he is just always going to be kind of a high maintenance type.

Peach Fuzz
9/18/2010, 06:48 PM
FIRE LANDRY JONES!

JRAM
9/18/2010, 07:53 PM
I wish he was a senior.

Blue
9/18/2010, 07:55 PM
I'm happy to have this guy at the helm. We'll win it next year or the year after if not this year.

OK2U
9/18/2010, 09:08 PM
Needs to spread the ball around more. Did a good job last week, but starring down #85 against * isnt going to cut it. Part of it was kenney's fault for dropping two passes, I guess.
Stills is gettig better each game and is going to be scary-good--still want to see more DeJuan though.

Cappy
9/18/2010, 10:14 PM
And he is trying to replace one of, if not the best Qb's OUr team has ever had. He's not going to look perfect on every play. That is all I got. Fear the 'Stache!

At the same time, when was it when Sam took off though after no experience? Don't get me wrong, he had a lot more help than Landry does now, but I don't really buy the whole age argument that much. At some point you are what you are...

That being said, still a really good QB, but not gonna be an all conference type QB, IMO.

gaylordfan1
9/18/2010, 10:17 PM
When he is down, he's down. But when he is up.... LOOK OUT! Look at it this way, he progressed and made adjustments at halftime and played a better game. In his other bad games he played bad all 4 quarters. Progress? I think so.

ocsooner
9/18/2010, 10:20 PM
When he is down, he's down. But when he is up.... LOOK OUT! Look at it this way, he progressed and made adjustments at halftime and played a better game. In his other bad games he played bad all 4 quarters. Progress? I think so.

You bring up a good point. I would really like to be about a year from now where we either have a really great LJ or another QB who is the second coming of Sam.

I just like to win and not see the process of winning :D

gaylordfan1
9/18/2010, 10:38 PM
Well, getting the second coming of Sam will be hard to come by. So would be getting another Gresham. Players are different and have other strengths and weaknesses. This team has a lot of very young and first year players. Give us time. We will get there. Having the 2008 team spoiled everyone. Beating a team by 40 points every game isn't necessarily the prerequisite to having a successful team. We may not win every game.... as long as we make progress every game and only lose to the team that are better than us is my only hope. We are undefeated. Thats a plus.

sooner ngintunr
9/18/2010, 10:42 PM
Yeah, he sucks. That loser is only 3-0 this year.

Bench him!! Bring on Drew!!! I'm worried!!

btb916
9/18/2010, 10:46 PM
I don't think Landry is good when it's time to make a difficult pass under pressure. And against really good teams, that is going to hurt us.

Stoops and others keep promising that he's going to get better, going to get better . . . but one of his big problems is consistency and that does not seem to be improving.

IronSooner
9/18/2010, 10:46 PM
He's a redshirt sophomore who plays like a freshman. Got talent, got ability, but no consistency. He's streaky, hot and cold. Needs to learn to trust the OL (also incumbent upon the OL to be trustworthy) and spread the ball around. He looked better in the 2nd half in part because he started throwing shorter, easier to complete passes that turned into plays. At this point he needs to manage games and not lose them. Take periodic shots, but mostly just manage the offense.

btb916
9/18/2010, 10:47 PM
Yeah, he sucks. That loser is only 3-0 this year.

Bench him!! Bring on Drew!!! I'm worried!!

The stat line doesn't tell the entire story and you know it.

sooner ngintunr
9/18/2010, 11:03 PM
The stat line doesn't tell the entire story and you know it.

Tell me what exactly is wrong with this stat line and what story it doesn't tell.

PASSING GP Effic Cmp-Att-Int Pct Yds TD Lng Avg/G
---------------------------------------------------------------
Jones,Landry 3 138.63 73-118-2 61.9 851 7 46 283.7

3-0 is all that matters. Stat line isn't that bad either.

CrimsonJim
9/18/2010, 11:07 PM
Tell me what exactly is wrong with this stat line.

YEAR TEAM CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT
2010 OKLA 47 76 61.8 597 7.9 6 46 2 148.61

3-0 is all that matters right now.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn115/Beaverman88/charles-barkley-savage-thumbcopy.jpg ;)

btb916
9/18/2010, 11:11 PM
Tell me what exactly is wrong with this stat line.

YEAR TEAM CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT
2010 OKLA 47 76 61.8 597 7.9 6 46 2 148.61

3-0 is all that matters right now.

I just said the stat line doesn't tell the entire story and you quote me the stat line?

Look, I haven't said he is bad. I've said he is bad under pressure and there's no stat for that. He doesn't have any INTs yet, but he also hasn't faced a D like Texas' yet, so we'll see what happens.

I think it's silly to point to the stat line and pretend he's just peachy. He stares receivers down and he had some very, very poorly thrown balls today. He also made some good plays. It's called inconsistency, and if you don't see room for improvement you're fooling yourself.

sooner ngintunr
9/18/2010, 11:15 PM
I just said the stat line doesn't tell the entire story and you quote me the stat line?

Look, I haven't said he is bad. I've said he is bad under pressure and there's no stat for that. He doesn't have any INTs yet, but he also hasn't faced a D like Texas' yet, so we'll see what happens.

I think it's silly to point to the stat line and pretend he's just peachy. He stares receivers down and he had some very, very poorly thrown balls today. He also made some good plays. It's called inconsistency, and if you don't see room for improvement you're fooling yourself.

I got it, all you're saying is that he's not that good.