PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Going to the Game Info Please

LiveLaughLove
9/18/2010, 12:50 AM
My wife and I are going to our first game together tomorrow. I've been before, but it was 10 years ago.

We are going to be in Section 8, so was wondering about where we should try to find a parking place? Is there handicapped parking anywhere? What time should we try to get there to get as close as possible?

Also, we were invited to a tailgating party, but not sure where those are held. I saw where you folks are having yours, but is that where most are being held? or are they just kind of all over the place?

Anyway, my wife is giddy. She's a California girl by way of Oregon, and she has fell in love with our Sooners and she can't wait. She's never been to a game above small town high school football before, so should be fun.

The last year I got to go to a game, we won the NC that year, so here's to keeping the trend going!

yermom
9/18/2010, 01:02 AM
there are handicapped spots inside the stadium garage, but i have no idea how one gets in to use them... most of the other close spots are for large donors, so getting there early may not really be the issue.

there is apparently a handicapped shuttle from Lloyd Noble that drops you in front of the stadium: http://www.soonersports.com/facilities/memorial-stadium.html#Parking

Patrons with a disability may ride the disability shuttle for $2 round trip. The disability shuttle originates at the Lloyd Noble Center and unloads on Asp Avenue, immediately west of the stadium, by Gates 1 through 4. Because of the high demand for the shuttle service, the service is restricted to those patrons who have a disability and one (1) caretaker for riders needing additional assistance. For more information about disability parking services, please call the Parking & Transportation Office at (405) 325-3311.

i'm not sure if they are there to answer the phone on Saturdays though

sooner59
9/18/2010, 02:30 AM
The game is at 2:30, so if you get there 3 or 4 hours before, you may be able to find a spot along Brooks St. close to the stadium. I would try to get there as early as possible. My parent's have the handicap issue, and they got there early and parked there and it wasn't that bad of a walk for them. As far as the tailgates...there are some on Lindsey and Jenkins, as well as Asp and Boyd. But the SF tailgate is on the North side of Boyd on the intersection of Boyd and Jenkins.

AlbqSooner
9/18/2010, 05:58 AM
She's never been to a game above small town high school football before, so should be fun.

I took a friend to a game many years ago who, like your wife, had never experienced college football at any level. As the band was marching off to Boomer Sooner at the end of the pregame show, he turned to me and said, "Hell man, I am ready to play, get me some pads."

Enjoy!

StoopTroup
9/18/2010, 06:45 AM
You probably should be parking your car in the next few minutes. :D