PDA

View Full Version : Just had a few cadets and an officer stop by....

bonkuba
9/17/2010, 09:51 PM
.....the RV over here at Sooner Village. They just stopped by to tell us how proud they were to play in the Home of the Sooners. This guy was on the animal yesterday morning around 7:40am.....his name just escaped me.

We talked for about 15 mins....they wished us luck and proceeded down to another RV.

Class act 100%

I did have to tell him good luck.......but he said....we are honored to be on the same field as the Sooners. I said......I am honored that you guys are here.

Well, back to the chips and dip......

delhalew
9/17/2010, 09:53 PM
I feel confident our fans will be respectful. Regardless of how they end the anthem.

bonkuba
9/17/2010, 09:55 PM
Yep......I have stayed out of that argument. Waste of breath.....stupidest argument ever.

instigator
9/17/2010, 10:06 PM
.....the RV over here at Sooner Village. They just stopped by to tell us how proud they were to play in the Home of the Sooners. This guy was on the animal yesterday morning around 7:40am.....his name just escaped me.

We talked for about 15 mins....they wished us luck and proceeded down to another RV.

Class act 100%

I did have to tell him good luck.......but he said....we are honored to be on the same field as the Sooners. I said......I am honored that you guys are here.

Well, back to the chips and dip......

Sean! Come to the tailgate tomorrow! :D

Crucifax Autumn
9/17/2010, 10:22 PM
I'm glad they respect us, but scared they respect us!

olevetonahill
9/17/2010, 10:23 PM
Shoulda had OUR Frag Mag with ya. They coulda been salutin him:D

bonkuba
9/17/2010, 10:30 PM
Sean! Come to the tailgate tomorrow! :D

I may do that! I will be myself since Cheryl and the kids will be in the RV.....to hot for the 4 month old :-)

turner78
9/17/2010, 10:35 PM
That is class.

StoopTroup
9/18/2010, 06:26 AM
What if he was one of those don't ask don't tell fellas and he was secretly spooning with you in his mind?

bri
9/18/2010, 07:53 AM
THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T ASK

bonkuba
9/18/2010, 09:34 AM
No spoon rule in effect!!

delhalew
9/18/2010, 10:15 AM
What about a good forkin'?

bent rider
9/18/2010, 11:28 AM
I feel confident our fans will be respectful. Regardless of how they end the anthem.

I've had my own fun with the "controversy", but I'm sure the AF guys will get a great reception all around as well all know that Oklahoma is about as supportive of the military as any state in the nation (inter-service rivalries aside). The local media is extrapolating one word as if AF is coming into some hippie pacificist campus like Cal-Berkeley or Wisc-Madison. Now that could get interesting.

BOOMER SOONER!!!

stoopified
9/18/2010, 11:45 AM
I've had my own fun with the "controversy", but I'm sure the AF guys will get a great reception all around as well all know that Oklahoma is about as supportive of the military as any state in the nation (inter-service rivalries aside). The local media is extrapolating one word as if AF is coming into some hippie pacificist campus like Cal-Berkeley or Wisc-Madison. Now that could get interesting.

BOOMER SOONER!!!Boren trying to make a mountain outta an anthill is what set the media off IMHO,otherwise there ain't no story.

Seamus
9/18/2010, 11:50 AM
Yep......I have stayed out of that argument. Waste of breath.....stupidest argument ever.

^^^ This. http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.gif

Oops, I just entered the argument.

TXBOOMER
9/18/2010, 12:25 PM
Who started this argument anyway? Surely it wasn't a bunch of Cadets that have never spent a minute on active duty??????? Oh also, what do the Army ROTC students at OU sing at the end? I totally agree...way too much has been made of this.

SoonerStormchaser
9/18/2010, 12:31 PM
Shoulda had OUR Frag Mag with ya. They coulda been salutin him:D

Ummm, yah...I'm still a jr. officer bud.