PDA

View Full Version : Look at what this Air Force tool thinks...

OU_Sooners75
9/17/2010, 01:55 PM
Coastie wrote:

coloradookie wrote: The only way I see AF winning on Owen Field Saturday is if the Sooners choose this game to lay one of their almost annual eggs. Almost every season under Stoops they've lost to an unranked, inferior team (OSU at home in 2001, TCU at home, CU on the road a couple of years ago, A&M in College Station). It's definitely not out of the realm of possibility for it to happen in this game.
Interetingly enough, the only way I see OU winning is that they make zero mistakes, and by not letting AF take advantage of their strengths.

I think it will be close game at first, but then AF will grind down the inferior but ranked team with methodical discipline, and pull away in the 4th quarter. I don't think it's impossible for Oklahoma to win the game, they'll just need some luck going their way, and for AF to be flat and lay an egg against them.

Mississippi Sooner
9/17/2010, 01:59 PM
That's hilarious.

starclassic tama
9/17/2010, 02:00 PM
it's pretty obvious the guy is just trying to be a contrarian to get people riled up, no way he actually believes that

KantoSooner
Opinions are like Arseholes. Everybody's got one.

His will survive about 27 hours

soonerloyal
Hmm. I thought military academies did regular p*** tests to screen for drug use...

I keed. :P

w0lfe
9/17/2010, 02:10 PM
Nah, if you look at a lot of the posts on some forums of theirs, most think that we really cant stop their option. Even when told about how FSU players were saying our no huddle was like a "freight train" , AFA folks reply that they run the no huddle too and have been for years! haha Makes me want us to put half a hundred by halftime

goingoneight
9/17/2010, 02:24 PM
Still can't seem to dislike a service academy. I just can't. These aren't thug athletes who get arrested all the time, or dirty players going for the kill. It's a program of military kids who do the best with what they've got and are a pretty respectable football team. Sure, some fans will rile you up... But even BYU, Nebraska and all the other "classy fanbases" have fans like that.
My cousin is in Japan right now in his seventeenth year with the Air Force and he told me pretty much nobody he knows thinks AFA will win. Of course, he was raised by his Daddy on the Sooners, so he's conflicted. Haha

jumperstop
9/17/2010, 02:24 PM
I really do think thier option is going to give us some trouble. How much trouble we'll see tomorrow, but this guy makes it sound like we should be the underdog. Really? If we go out and play to our game plan we should have no problem winning.

rawlingsHOH
9/17/2010, 02:38 PM
(OSU at home in 2001, TCU at home, CU on the road a couple of years ago, A&M in College Station).
Yeah, pretty relevent stuff, for sure.

Soonerwake
9/17/2010, 02:39 PM
I usually scour the message boards of our opponents the week before the game for fun. I found that the AF posters seem to be, on the whole, a well-informed group, they know their facts, and certainly have that small school, us against the big guys, mentality. Sure, they have their crazies, like everyone else. But, I have been relatively impressed with them. Now OSU and A&M boards, whoa Nelly........ :rolleyes:

This post sounds like a tongue-in-cheek attempt at stabbing back at all of the OU posters that have invaded their boards telling them how our guys are bigger-stronger-faster, and that they will have to play a perfect game, we will need to play bad, etc. in order for AF to win.

No big deal...

Dan Thompson
9/17/2010, 02:54 PM
I think the game will be a close repeat of the FSU game.

Jones is going to have all day to complete his passes, Broyles will have a field day.

DeMarco might get over 150 yards.

C&CDean
9/17/2010, 03:02 PM
I think as long as the student's boo them they'll be so scared they can't play.

Breadburner
9/17/2010, 03:31 PM
I would rather play someone thats easy to hate......

Soonerwake
9/17/2010, 03:35 PM

U could not be more wrong. You know it all hinges on that darned national anthem... :D

sooner59
9/17/2010, 07:40 PM
What are the odds that the flyover happens at exactly "...home of the (flyover=loud noises)"?

MyT Oklahoma
9/17/2010, 08:06 PM
Still can't seem to dislike a service academy. I just can't. These aren't thug athletes who get arrested all the time, or dirty players going for the kill. It's a program of military kids who do the best with what they've got and are a pretty respectable football team. Sure, some fans will rile you up... But even BYU, Nebraska and all the other "classy fanbases" have fans like that.
My cousin is in Japan right now in his seventeenth year with the Air Force and he told me pretty much nobody he knows thinks AFA will win. Of course, he was raised by his Daddy on the Sooners, so he's conflicted. Haha

^^ This. I do not dislike any of our service acadamies. Tomorrow I hope USAF is made to feel welcome until the kickoff and treated with respect during and after the game. Knowing my fellow Sooner fans I would expect no less.

I expect a good game but I also expect OU's talent and our home field advantage to prevail.

SoonerStormchaser
9/17/2010, 08:19 PM
Heh...it's already started.
Today, when getting my oil changed at my usual shop in Norman, I was wearing my flight suit cause I just got off work.
Service dude: "You're lucky...I wouldn't usually change your oil today since we're gonna whoop you tomorrow."
Me: "Ummm, dude, I'm an OU grad who also happens to be an Air Force officer, so that kinda defeats your theory doesn't it?"

:rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
9/17/2010, 08:22 PM
So you're only half "Air Force Tool"?

OU-HSV
9/17/2010, 08:25 PM
What a dumb ***

SoonerStormchaser
9/17/2010, 08:30 PM
So you're only half "Air Force Tool"?

Just like I'm half-Canadian!:texan:

delhalew
9/17/2010, 08:33 PM
It still freaks me out that we had a game in 08'...can't remember which...maybe tech, were we had over 100 offensive snaps...crazy.

VA Sooner
9/17/2010, 08:45 PM
100 offensive snaps? Damn... I'm going to have to go back and see that one.

StoopTroup
9/17/2010, 09:03 PM
I'm only going tomorrow to screw up the National Anthem. Once I scream Sooners....I'm headed to Colorado Springs for the after party.

picasso
9/17/2010, 09:46 PM
We already laid our annual egg.

delhalew
9/17/2010, 09:48 PM
100 offensive snaps? Damn... I'm going to have to go back and see that one.

Pretty sure. Could be an exaggeration that exists only in my mind.

Jacie
9/17/2010, 09:54 PM
Still can't seem to dislike a service academy. I just can't. These aren't thug athletes who get arrested all the time, or dirty players going for the kill.

I am sure things are different now but it wasn't that long ago . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_United_States_Air_Force_Academy_sexual_assaul t_scandal

turner78
9/17/2010, 10:29 PM
I think the Sooners can take em. Surely Stoops has talked with Swtizer about that wisbone offense they'll be runnin!

hgarmorer
9/17/2010, 10:56 PM
Dudes name was Coastie...no way is he an Air Force tool, but he is a tool ;)

Leroy Lizard
9/17/2010, 11:02 PM
it's pretty obvious the guy is just trying to be a contrarian to get people riled up, no way he actually believes that

That always pisses me off.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/18/2010, 06:59 AM

Maybe we should give them the "silent scare" like Tech has planned for the Whorns.:D