PDA

View Full Version : In Tulsa, what are some of the best local restaurants?

soonerhubs
9/17/2010, 08:05 AM
I'll take any category. I'm just looking for some suggestions of places that are known for being good in T-town.

TIA

soonerbrat
9/17/2010, 08:30 AM
there's nothing good in Tulsa.

texaspokieokie
9/17/2010, 08:37 AM
there's lotsa good places in tulsa. last one i enjoyed was Cheesecake Factory.

i don't go to tulsa much, but i'm sure there are lotsa folks on this board that
can help.

soonerbrat
9/17/2010, 08:39 AM
there's lotsa good places in tulsa. last one i enjoyed was Cheesecake Factory.

i don't go to tulsa much, but i'm sure there are lotsa folks on this board that
can help.

cheesecake factory isn't "local" it's a chain ;)

Mississippi Sooner
9/17/2010, 08:40 AM
When in doubt, just head over to the Quik Trip.

texaspokieokie
9/17/2010, 08:41 AM
they can still be good, & they ARE in tulsa.

soonerhubs
9/17/2010, 08:45 AM
Anything beyond Quicktrip Hogies?

Breadburner
9/17/2010, 08:57 AM
White River Fish Market.....Jim's Never on Sunday........Eddy's Steakhouse.....

picasso
9/17/2010, 08:59 AM
Doe's on Cherry Street for excellent steaks. Pricey though. Tucci's is right next to it, good Italian.

Mary's is also on Cherry Street and it's some wonderful home cooked Italian.

Mississippi Sooner
9/17/2010, 09:05 AM
Doe's on Cherry Street for excellent steaks. Pricey though. Tucci's is right next to it, good Italian.

Mary's is also on Cherry Street and it's some wonderful home cooked Italian.

I don't know what the Doe's in Tulsa is like, but the original Doe's Eat Place in Greenville, MS is a trip. It's in an old, run down looking house in a neighborhood that you'd normally not feel safe even driving through. But, you go in and see a whole mix of white collar and blue collar folks chowing down on those Delta tamales and the outstanding steaks. Even though it really is a rough neighborhood, I guess there is an unspoken rule that no one messes with the people or the cars at Doe's.

Speaking of which, my wife and I are going to have to take another Delta tamale tasting tour again soon. Good times.

picasso
9/17/2010, 09:09 AM
I don't know what the Doe's in Tulsa is like, but the original Doe's Eat Place in Greenville, MS is a trip. It's in an old, run down looking house in a neighborhood that you'd normally not feel safe even driving through. But, you go in and see a whole mix of white collar and blue collar folks chowing down on those Delta tamales and the outstanding steaks. Even though it really is a rough neighborhood, I guess there is an unspoken rule that no one messes with the people or the cars at Doe's.

Speaking of which, my wife and I are going to have to take another Delta tamale tasting tour again soon. Good times.

That's it exactly. And the bar is quite eccentric.

Also, go easy on the tamales, you need room for the steak.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/17/2010, 09:19 AM
McNellie's has sweet potato fries to die for. Large selection of beers and a pretty good sammich.

Las Americas on 3rd is a winner if you're hankerin' for mexican.

There's a dang good middle eastern/greek joint downtown on... Boulder? Don't remember exactly. It is NOT Zorba's. Zorba's sucks.

Joe Momma's pizza downtown makes a bitchin' cuban. Dripping, greasy hands good.

Fat Guy's Burgers on Greenwood, east side of Furlough Field. If you want a myocardial infarction of sheer bliss, this is your stop.

Rubicon, also on 3rd, east of downtown. Giant head-sized baked potato covered in any sort of meat you can think of. Brisket, pork, chili, everything under the sun that you can think of to put on a ginormous potato plus a few things you haven't.

For barbecue, there is absolutely no other stop to make than 27th and Harvard, Albert G's. Finest BBQ to be had in these parts. I personally recommend the ribs, but you can't go wrong with any of the selections. The potato salad alone is reason enough, but the autographed pictures with Bob Stoops, Josh Heupel, and others displayed prominently on the wall should tell you something.

And last but not least, the obligatory plug for Tulsa's greatest culinary treasure, Siegi's meat market/deli/restaurant at 81st and Sheridan. Hands down the best bratwurst/knackwurst/insert german sausage here west of Munich. If you're up for a germanic spin but won't find yourself so far south, breeze into Margaret's in The Farm shopping center at 51st and Sheridan. All of her sausages are from Siegi's, along with a quality array of fine german cuisine, beers, wines, and desserts to go with her small german market. If you go, I highly recommend anything with the mushroom sherry sauce, but don't ask for the recipe. I've already tried.

After looking at this list, is it any wonder why we're so fat?

IB4OU2
9/17/2010, 09:24 AM
El Rio Verde, Los Cabos or Ricardos for Mexican, Billy Rays for BBQ and Catfish, Brothers Houligan for Steak, Chicken Fried steak or anything fried, Marios for Pizza, In the Raw, Tei Keis or Fuji's for steak or Sushi, The Blue Dome for Breakfast.... Let see, Lucky's, Tuchi's, Polo grill. There are lots and lots of places. And Brat is wrong as wrong can be...:D

Mississippi Sooner
I guess it's long gone now, but I'll always remember Nelson's Buffeteria downtown, and that guy who was always yelling "hello, chicken fried!"

texaspokieokie
glad you guys spoke up, not that familiar anymore, haven't lived there since 1963.

pilobolus
9/17/2010, 09:25 AM
Yes, Margaret's for sure. Also Cancun, Jamil's, Lanna Thai, India Palace, and Molly's Landing.

IB4OU2
9/17/2010, 09:26 AM
Oh and The Hibiscus for Jamaican food...best wings I ever had are made there.

Pricetag
9/17/2010, 09:26 AM
Rubicon, also on 3rd, east of downtown. Giant head-sized baked potato covered in any sort of meat you can think of. Brisket, pork, chili, everything under the sun that you can think of to put on a ginormous potato plus a few things you haven't.

Rubicon rules! They used to have another location at the old Grandy's at 31st and Sheridan, and my wife and I liked them a lot. It was a sad day when they closed that one down.

They used to put a little salad inside one of the tiny compartments at the top of the container so you could try to trick yourself into not feeling quite so bad about what was in the big part.

Sooner04
9/17/2010, 09:29 AM
A cool place where I've had several good meals is Kilkenny's Irish Pub (http://www.tulsairishpub.com/index.htm).

Tulsa_Fireman
9/17/2010, 09:29 AM
If I remember correctly, Kilkenny is no more.

EDIT: Unless they've reopened. There was a big stink about the guy that owns it awhile back, him owing a bunch of money or something.

Soonerntxs
9/17/2010, 09:32 AM
Freddies Steak House, Sapulpa Ok.
GREAT EATS just SW of Tulsa 5-7 miles

picasso
9/17/2010, 09:33 AM
Albert G's is really good. Awesome hot links but it's also pricey.

Good call on Billy Ray's catfish.

The Brook is pretty good too, at Brookside and on 91st.

Sooner04
9/17/2010, 09:34 AM
If I remember correctly, Kilkenny is no more.

EDIT: Unless they've reopened. There was a big stink about the guy that owns it awhile back, him owing a bunch of money or something.
If they closed Kilkenny's it had to be in the last couple of months. REALLY good Reuben.

The Brook! I have dined there with Picasso himself!

Boomer.....
9/17/2010, 09:34 AM
Fish Daddy's on 71st and US-169 (get the fish tacos)

Napoli's (Italian) 145th and 81st - great Italian, big portions, and cheap prices

picasso
9/17/2010, 09:37 AM
If they closed Kilkenny's it had to be in the last couple of months. REALLY good Reuben.

The Brook! I have dined there with Picasso himself!

Ikilledkenny's is still in being.

That's right Brando!

The Brook is good for grilled stuff and their chicken salad is primo. Used to be good scenery back inna day.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/17/2010, 09:37 AM
Napoli's (Italian) 145th and 81st - great Italian, big portions, and cheap prices

And if you're feeling adventurous and not willing to go so far, there's a Napoli's on the west side at 61st and 33rd West Ave. If you're feeling downright crazy and willing to brave the ruthless inner city and the roving bands of street gangs, there's one downtown Sand Springs right across the street from the central fire station and City Hall.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/17/2010, 09:39 AM
gotta be a Wendy's somewhere

JohnnyMack
9/17/2010, 10:03 AM
Kilkenny's is open. They closed for about 3 or 4 weeks over an unpaid tax dispute but they're rolling again.

The best Tulsa only restaurants are The Polo Grill and The French Hen.

Mexican: El Rio Verde and La Hacienda

BBQ: Albert G's

Italian: Ti Amo

Pub grub: Kilkenny's, McNellie's, The Brook

Pizza: Mario's

Sushi: In The Raw

Hamburgers: Bill's Jumbo Burgers and Ron's are two of my favorites, but there's so many it's hard to say which is really the best.

Breakfast: Blue Moon Cafe

Other places to try: Lucky's, Stonehorse Cafe, The Wild Fork, Elote

soonerhubs
9/17/2010, 10:08 AM
Thanks guys! These posts are very helpful.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/17/2010, 10:46 AM
your welcome

IB4OU2
9/17/2010, 10:50 AM
Ikilledkenny's is still in being.

That's right Brando!

The Brook is good for grilled stuff and their chicken salad is primo. Used to be good scenery back inna day.

Thanks! I didn't think you ever noticed. :)

Position Limit
9/17/2010, 11:37 AM
tulsa by and large falls well short on good resturants. but it's trying and i give it credit for that. the city is well stocked with resturants that serve food that will make you fat and feel crappy. those have been well documented above. pleanty of burger joints to agure over. as well as mexican resturants. chicken fried steak is on just about any menu in tulsa. if you like hotdogs, well there's a coney island of every street in midtown.
i'm a dedicated eater of albert g's bb cue. an above poster mentioned it. if you want a steak go to doe's on 15th. dont waste your time or money at polo grill or mcgills or eddy's or jamils. eddy's and jamils are a shadow of their former selves. the are roach infested and serve "low grade dog food".
somebody mentioned mcneilles. yes they have a large beer selection. yes their food should not be served. it's woeful. and while they boast a large beer selection only half of the beers are usually available. a far superior experience for the pub thing is kilkennys on 15th. one throws bullets, the other shoots them.
several posters mentioned el rio verde for mexican. it's good. us white people love going to the gritty part of town to sample ethnic flavors. but much better flavor is offered up not too far east of there at "cancun". they were the first in the area and are still ahead of the the pack.
i saw margerets mentioned. it's one of my favorites. german food cooked by germans, serve by german accented waiters in a very german looking resturant. it's a great product and good experience.
you want italian? fugettaboutitt. many italian attempts made and all suck. tulsa needs to just give up. sure there's marys on 15th. and the other trendy place down the street. but the food is underwhelming for italian. go to dalsandro's on boston.

OklahomaTuba
9/17/2010, 11:48 AM
tulsa by and large falls well short on good resturants.
For a city it's size, its doing pretty well IMO. A hell of a lot better than OKC is at the moment.

pilobolus
9/17/2010, 11:57 AM
Oh yeah, Weber's for a burger and root beer.

Fox and Hound is almost too much like a Bennigan's or Chili's for my taste but they have Franzikaner and it's where the OU club meets, or used to.

I miss the old Borden's cafeteria on top of that building down around Sheridan and 11th or 21st?

Oh, and St Michael's Alley, is it still open?

sooner59
9/17/2010, 12:08 PM
Was up there a few weeks ago and ate at Michael Fusco's Riverside Grill. Had the rack of lamb and it was one of the best things I have ever eaten.

soonersponge
9/17/2010, 12:12 PM
I guess it's long gone now, but I'll always remember Nelson's Buffeteria downtown, and that guy who was always yelling "hello, chicken fried!"

It is back open! Chicken fried is still there!

soonersponge
9/17/2010, 12:15 PM
Casa San Marcos is my favorite messican in Tulsa.

JohnnyMack
9/17/2010, 12:18 PM
tulsa by and large falls well short on good resturants. but it's trying and i give it credit for that. the city is well stocked with resturants that serve food that will make you fat and feel crappy. those have been well documented above. pleanty of burger joints to agure over. as well as mexican resturants. chicken fried steak is on just about any menu in tulsa. if you like hotdogs, well there's a coney island of every street in midtown.
i'm a dedicated eater of albert g's bb cue. an above poster mentioned it. if you want a steak go to doe's on 15th. dont waste your time or money at polo grill or mcgills or eddy's or jamils. eddy's and jamils are a shadow of their former selves. the are roach infested and serve "low grade dog food".
somebody mentioned mcneilles. yes they have a large beer selection. yes their food should not be served. it's woeful. and while they boast a large beer selection only half of the beers are usually available. a far superior experience for the pub thing is kilkennys on 15th. one throws bullets, the other shoots them.
several posters mentioned el rio verde for mexican. it's good. us white people love going to the gritty part of town to sample ethnic flavors. but much better flavor is offered up not too far east of there at "cancun". they were the first in the area and are still ahead of the the pack.
i saw margerets mentioned. it's one of my favorites. german food cooked by germans, serve by german accented waiters in a very german looking resturant. it's a great product and good experience.
you want italian? fugettaboutitt. many italian attempts made and all suck. tulsa needs to just give up. sure there's marys on 15th. and the other trendy place down the street. but the food is underwhelming for italian. go to dalsandro's on boston.

I forgot Daelasandro's. Good call.

Cancun is disgusting, has been shut down by the health dept. Don't know how you can talk **** about Jamil's and Eddy's and not notice how gross Cancun is.

soonersponge
9/17/2010, 12:19 PM
Last time I went to Jamil's it was turrible.

swardboy
9/17/2010, 12:23 PM
Latimer's BBQ....back in the day.

Position Limit
9/17/2010, 12:26 PM

Cancun is disgusting, has been shut down by the health dept. Don't know how you can talk **** about Jamil's and Eddy's and not notice how gross Cancun is.

i doubt you've ever been there. while it may not be squeeky clean like "on the boarder" that you eat at, there's is nothing disgusting about the place.

soonersponge
9/17/2010, 12:32 PM
I agree. Cancun is pretty tasty.

pilobolus
9/17/2010, 12:32 PM
i doubt you've ever been there. while it may not be squeeky clean like "on the boarder" that you eat at, there's is nothing disgusting about the place.

Exactly. A good Messican outfit should have a little "character". :texan:

JohnnyMack
9/17/2010, 12:39 PM

The one on Lewis at like 5th? Yes. I have. Along with El Rio Verde, Las Americas and most of the other ones around there. Nice try. Sorry I hurt your feelers.

Position Limit
9/17/2010, 12:46 PM
The one on Lewis at like 5th? Yes. I have. Along with El Rio Verde, Las Americas and most of the other ones around there. Nice try. Sorry I hurt your feelers.

feelers are not hurt. you just wrong and living on another galaxy. i to take the tour on that part of town. and cancun is by far the cleanest. the place is at 8th and lewis. you want to say food is better elsewhere that's fine, but dont throw something as false as this retarded statement your sticking with. my wife will do an about face the second she walks in a place based on its cleanliness. she loves the place. please. stop....

Mjcpr
9/17/2010, 12:46 PM
Lanna Thai around 73rd and Memorial is outstanding.

Position Limit
9/17/2010, 12:48 PM
Lanna Thai around 73rd and Memorial is outstanding.

lanna thai is totally worth the trek to the hell that is 71st and memorial. i love that place.

JohnnyMack
9/17/2010, 12:49 PM
feelers are not hurt. you just wrong and living on another galaxy. i to take the tour on that part of town. and cancun is by far the cleanest. the place is at 8th and lewis. you want to say food is better elsewhere that's fine, but dont throw something as false as this retarded statement your sticking with. my wife will do an about face the second she walks in a place based on its cleanliness. she loves the place. please. stop....

It was several years ago, but it happened. Maybe it's cleaner now. Anyways, they're all about the same and as far as family owned, illegal alien staffed by restaurants. You like Cancun, fine, but I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of saying how gross Eddie's and Jamil's was when Cancun has had it's share of problems.

But the wet burrito at El Rio Verde is better.

Position Limit
9/17/2010, 12:55 PM
You like Cancun, fine, but I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of saying how gross Eddie's and Jamil's was when Cancun has had it's share of problems.

But the wet burrito at El Rio Verde is better.

going to a mexican resturant at 8th and lewis and expecting a little "dirt" is far different that going to legendary places like jamil's and eddys and seeing huge roaches crawling around. there's a reason eddy's keeps is so dark inside. hypocrisy fail.

pilobolus
9/17/2010, 01:33 PM
I forgot to mention Shawkat's on Sheridan.

setem
9/17/2010, 01:39 PM
Twin Peaks (http://www.twinpeaksrestaurant.com/#) is the greatest place on earth! Went there after the American Legion team I am the manager of went 2 and BBQ in the state tournament and all was made right. It was my nephew and I, one of the most lovely times of my life!

Oldnslo
9/17/2010, 01:46 PM
Hibiscus on brookside is awesome for Caribbean food. Give My Thai on 39th and Harvard a try, too. Very, very good thai food. Keo's on brookside is a nicer destination, but isn't as spicy.

Leon's for a slider or pizza. Caio's makes a wonderful lobster ravioli.

Mario's NY pizza on 51st and Harvard is authentic, but Joe Mommas downtown rawks. I also like El Guapo's downtown for some nuevo-mexicano. for that matter, Dilly Deli downtown makes a pretty good muffelata. Not Central Grocery (Nawlins) good, but pretty good.

MR2-Sooner86
9/17/2010, 02:47 PM
Twin Peaks (http://www.twinpeaksrestaurant.com/#) is the greatest place on earth! Went there after the American Legion team I am the manager of went 2 and BBQ in the state tournament and all was made right. It was my nephew and I, one of the most lovely times of my life!

I really hope you're kidding. The food there is just like Hooter's, forgettable. You're paying for overpriced beer and nachos to see girls with tiny shorts and shirts. I'd rather blow my money at a strip club.

Anyway, nobody has mentioned it but I love Ron's Hamburgers and Ike's Chili. Little greasy holes in the wall but those places are always the best.

TMcGee86
9/17/2010, 03:01 PM
Is Charlie Mitchell's still there? I loved that place back in the day.

pilobolus
9/17/2010, 03:07 PM
I really hope you're kidding. The food there is just like Hooter's, forgettable. You're paying for overpriced beer and nachos to see girls with tiny shorts and shirts. I'd rather blow my money at a strip club.

Anyway, nobody has mentioned it but I love Ron's Hamburgers and Ike's Chili. Little greasy holes in the wall but those places are always the best.

I had a pretty decent patty melt at Nite Trips the other day.

Breadburner
9/17/2010, 03:19 PM
Is Charlie Mitchell's still there? I loved that place back in the day.

Lol...Been gone a long long time......

texaspokieokie
9/17/2010, 04:16 PM
there's nothing good in Tulsa.

see, these guys know lotsa good to great places in Tulsa.

TMcGee86
9/17/2010, 04:58 PM
Lol...Been gone a long long time......

Ha, yeah I figured. I haven't lived in Tulsa since 91 and to tell the truth I'm not even sure it was still around then, if it was on it's last legs.

I just remember it was the first place I had fajitas and I thought they were the best damn things I had ever eaten in my very young life.

I used to live right by the one at 81st and Harvard. Good times.

picasso
9/17/2010, 06:07 PM

Yep, can't leave that place out.

One night years ago we were at a martini bar we used to frequent when the Big Cat himself rolled in around midnight in a robe, had a drink and left.
What an eccentric performance.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/17/2010, 07:19 PM
McNellie's has sweet potato fries to die for. Large selection of beers and a pretty good sammich.

Las Americas on 3rd is a winner if you're hankerin' for mexican.

There's a dang good middle eastern/greek joint downtown on... Boulder? Don't remember exactly. It is NOT Zorba's. Zorba's sucks.

Joe Momma's pizza downtown makes a bitchin' cuban. Dripping, greasy hands good.

Fat Guy's Burgers on Greenwood, east side of Furlough Field. If you want a myocardial infarction of sheer bliss, this is your stop.

For barbecue, there is absolutely no other stop to make than 27th and Harvard, Albert G's. Finest BBQ to be had in these parts. I personally recommend the ribs, but you can't go wrong with any of the selections. The potato salad alone is reason enough, but the autographed pictures with Bob Stoops, Josh Heupel, and others displayed prominently on the wall should tell you something.

And last but not least, the obligatory plug for Tulsa's greatest culinary treasure, Siegi's meat market/deli/restaurant at 81st and Sheridan. Hands down the best bratwurst/knackwurst/insert german sausage here west of Munich. If you're up for a germanic spin but won't find yourself so far south, breeze into Margaret's in The Farm shopping center at 51st and Sheridan. All of her sausages are from Siegi's, along with a quality array of fine german cuisine, beers, wines, and desserts to go with her small german market. If you go, I highly recommend anything with the mushroom sherry sauce, but don't ask for the recipe. I've already tried.

After looking at this list, is it any wonder why we're so fat?

Only government workers can afford to eat that good.:)

btk108
9/17/2010, 08:45 PM

This comes from a guy who loves Freebirds :P

JohnnyMack
9/17/2010, 09:03 PM

Conceptually Twin Peaks is fine. However the food at that place sucks its own dick. It's horrible. If you're in the area, want to leer at sluts and drink a beer and eat some random greasy pub food whilst watching a sporting event, go for it, but when Hooters actually has better quality food than you, you should be ashamed.

picasso
9/17/2010, 09:18 PM
Ha, yeah I figured. I haven't lived in Tulsa since 91 and to tell the truth I'm not even sure it was still around then, if it was on it's last legs.

I just remember it was the first place I had fajitas and I thought they were the best damn things I had ever eaten in my very young life.

I used to live right by the one at 81st and Harvard. Good times.

It was. My friend's father in law bought them from Charlie and he ran them both. Good bars.

A Sooner in Texas
9/17/2010, 10:12 PM
If I remember correctly, the French Hen was open when I lived in T-town back in the late '80s. I just went to the website, which says it's been open since 2001. It's the same location...did it close for a while, or just different owners? And it was awesomely wonderful.
I also loved Bodean's, which I see is still open. Is it still good?

Whet
9/17/2010, 10:17 PM
whaaa? no luv for Lotta Burger?

or Goldies

or the long lost Avalon

Coney Islander (the pseudo original)

Ike's Chili

Anne's Bakery

and, Jamil's is pretty good.

ouwasp
9/18/2010, 01:32 AM
Haven't read over the whole thread, but gotta add one of my faves...

Diamond Jack's, on the NE corner (sort of) of 71st and Yale. Great Drip Beef Sandwiches, Reubens, etc.

texaspokieokie
9/18/2010, 06:38 AM
Jamil's was there when i lived there in the 50s & 60s.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/18/2010, 07:10 AM
I grew up in Tulsa but haven't been back in a long time. Are any of these places still around?

Claude's Hamburgers
Hank's Hamburgers
Bill & Ruth's Subs
Mondo's Italian
The Park Bench
Sideline Sports Bar & Grill

olevetonahill
9/18/2010, 07:45 AM
Years ago there was a little place not far from the Tulsa Jail and court house that had some of the allsomest Chili,
No clue what street it was on or what its name was . :O

MR2-Sooner86
9/18/2010, 09:15 AM
I grew up in Tulsa but haven't been back in a long time. Are any of these places still around?

Claude's Hamburgers
Hank's Hamburgers
Bill & Ruth's Subs
Mondo's Italian
The Park Bench
Sideline Sports Bar & Grill

I ate there not too long ago. The others I have no idea.

I just remembered Lenny's Sub Shop on 51st and Memorial right by Magoo's. Awesome philly cheese steaks.

Breadburner
9/18/2010, 10:24 AM
Mondo's and The Park Bench have been gone for awhile.......

PrideTrombone
9/18/2010, 11:19 AM
Some of the best asian food I've ever had is at Ri-Le, in a shopping center at 91st and Yale. It's a Vietnamese place, run by a nice old guy and his wife. Great food.

Whet
9/18/2010, 09:22 PM
Years ago there was a little place not far from the Tulsa Jail and court house that had some of the allsomest Chili,
No clue what street it was on or what its name was . :O

Ike's Chili

oklaclarinet
9/18/2010, 11:53 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Ollies Station.

pilobolus
9/19/2010, 01:39 PM
Is St. Michael's Alley still open? The Louisiane?

setem
9/19/2010, 02:42 PM
I could care less about the food at Twin Peaks 1-9 their roster of skeezers is hotter than any girl I have seen working in Oklahoma Hooters! If I am going to a Breastaurant I want quality ladies, the food is icing on the cake.

JohnnyMack
9/19/2010, 03:04 PM
Is St. Michael's Alley still open? The Louisiane?

No and no. St. Michael's Alley and their white chili was always a good on a cold day.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/19/2010, 03:22 PM
Mondo's and The Park Bench have been gone for awhile.......

Bummer. I used to cook at the Park Bench. Awesome burgers!

I also used to bartend at The Sideline.

John Kochtoston
9/19/2010, 09:27 PM
Second for Goldie's (the original, anyway). Also, The French Hen is outstanding, if pricey.

Breadburner
9/19/2010, 09:29 PM
The Savoy is good as well.......