PDA

View Full Version : Let's Strike a Deal

soonerboy
9/17/2010, 07:58 AM
We'll stop saying "sooners" at the end of the N.A. if they start selling alcohol and let us bring it into the stadium (legally)

XingTheRubicon
9/17/2010, 08:14 AM
how 'bout you don't act like a 3rd grade jack*ss all on your own...

soonerboy
9/17/2010, 08:16 AM
lol jeez early morning...just a joke calm down

CrimsonRez
9/17/2010, 08:20 AM
....damn that's harsh

XingTheRubicon
9/17/2010, 08:32 AM
lol jeez early morning...just a joke calm down

I didn't mean you, personally. Just the incredibly talented fans that f up our NA and courageously boo the other team when they enter.

SoonerForever
9/17/2010, 08:34 AM
I'll go out on a limb here....why do people need to consume alcohol when going to a game? Is the game not enough? Do you same people feel the need for alcohol during sex? How about sky diving? I am not against consuming alcohol (in moderation) in certain circumstances, but I want to feel the experience of the game and not the alcohol when attending....just my .02

WildBlueSooner
9/17/2010, 08:35 AM
I didn't mean you, personally. Just the incredibly talented fans that f up our NA and courageously boo the other team when they enter.

Wow:rolleyes:

Mississippi Sooner
9/17/2010, 08:39 AM
I'll go out on a limb here....why do people need to consume alcohol when going to a game? Is the game not enough? Do you same people feel the need for alcohol during sex? How about sky diving? I am not against consuming alcohol (in moderation) in certain circumstances, but I want to feel the experience of the game and not the alcohol when attending....just my .02

There ain't enough alcohol on the planet to make me jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

StoopTroup
9/17/2010, 08:40 AM
**** Air Force. Why the he'll do they need a college anyway?

SoonersEnFuego
We'll stop saying "sooners" at the end of the N.A. if they start selling alcohol and let us bring it into the stadium (legally)
Love this idea! :D

Soonermagik

Not so much me, but the women I'm after feel they need it. ;)

StoopTroup
9/17/2010, 08:44 AM
I dated my 3rd grade teacher when I was in College.

Breadburner
9/17/2010, 08:46 AM

I'm great in bed when I have a load on......

CrimsonRez
9/17/2010, 08:47 AM

Ya the game is a blast...but the courage it takes to boo the other team will come a whole lot easier ;)

Soonerntxs
9/17/2010, 08:51 AM
I dated my 3rd grade teacher when I was in College.

I looked down the shirt:eek: of a college (OU) girl when I was in the 3rd. grade!:D

CrimsonRez
9/17/2010, 08:53 AM
I looked down the shirt:eek: of a college (OU) girl when I was in the 3rd. grade!:D

dude no way! :eek:

KantoSooner
9/17/2010, 08:53 AM

Well, for some alcohol enhances the experience. Either through gross CN dampening or through more complex psycho-neural effects that lift mood and tweak sensory inputs.
Others prefer a raft of alternative intoxicants (pot, for instance, or perhaps ketamine) to feel 'different' than they do on a typical work day in a pleasant way.
Some people don't get a pleasant effect and thus prefer to stay 'sober'.
Still others are insecure or paranoid or have other psychological conditions that render any alteration to their perception very unpleasant and thus they avoid intoxicants completely.
None of this is to say intoxicants are good for you; and, typically it's a very good idea to avoid firearms, motor vehicles, power tools and inlaws when indulging. All that taken as accepted, however, prohibitions, ostensibly for ones 'own good' are almost always the work of busy-bodies who yearn to extend their control over the lives of others. And are thus to be opposed with extreme prejudice.

CrimsonRez
9/17/2010, 08:55 AM
Well, for some alcohol enhances the experience. Either through gross CN dampening or through more complex psycho-neural effects that lift mood and tweak sensory inputs.
Others prefer a raft of alternative intoxicants (pot, for instance, or perhaps ketamine) to feel 'different' than they do on a typical work day in a pleasant way.
Some people don't get a pleasant effect and thus prefer to stay 'sober'.
Still others are insecure or paranoid or have other psychological conditions that render any alteration to their perception very unpleasant and thus they avoid intoxicants completely.
None of this is to say intoxicants are good for you; and, typically it's a very good idea to avoid firearms, motor vehicles, power tools and inlaws when indulging. All that taken as accepted, however, prohibitions, ostensibly for ones 'own good' are almost always the work of busy-bodies who yearn to extend their control over the lives of others. And are thus to be opposed with extreme prejudice.

So....Fire Venables?

SoonerPr8r
9/17/2010, 08:59 AM

I was hoping for at least a .08 otherwise whats the point?

CrimsonRez
9/17/2010, 09:00 AM
I was hoping for at least a .08 otherwise whats the point?

LMFAO

XingTheRubicon
9/17/2010, 09:08 AM
Wow:rolleyes:

10. Jordan-Hare, Auburn .796

9. Kyle Field (The 12th Man), Texas A&M .801

8. Gaylord Family-Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, Oklahoma .805

7. Bulldog Stadium, Fresno State .808

5. (Tied) Ohio Stadium (The Horseshoe), Ohio State .828

5. (Tied) Michigan Stadium (The Big House), Michigan .828

4. The Orange Bowl, Miami .848

3. Bobby Bowden Field at Doak Campbell Stadium, Florida State .858

2. Ben Hill Griffin Stadium (The Swamp), Florida .863

1. Memorial Stadium (The Sea of Red), Nebraska .893

You do know that booing the visiting team, when they enter, does absolutely nothing to intimidate them right. Absolutely nothing. Doesn't intimidate one player, not one. Nebraska applauds the visiting team when they enter, and they have the best win percentage at home in the last 25 years. I know you think you're actually "part of the team" and you need to "help" but 99 out of 100 OU players and coaches would tell you to be loud as hell when we're on D and try not to be a disrespectful jack*ss and an embarrassment to the university otherwise.

ousooners182
9/17/2010, 09:13 AM
sounds like a great idea to me

KantoSooner
9/17/2010, 09:23 AM
So....Fire Venables?

It's the only way to be sure. - Ripley

jumperstop
9/17/2010, 09:34 AM
So I'm lost, I thought this was a Let's Make a Deal thread. Not a complain about something else stupid that OU fans do thread. And since when did people become so PC that booing the other team was a bad thing?

Dan Thompson
9/17/2010, 09:35 AM
Booing is bad? I guess I have been under the rock too long.

jumperstop
9/17/2010, 09:39 AM
You do know that booing the visiting team, when they enter, does absolutely nothing to intimidate them right. Absolutely nothing. Doesn't intimidate one player, not one. Nebraska applauds the visiting team when they enter, and they have the best win percentage at home in the last 25 years. I know you think you're actually "part of the team" and you need to "help" but 99 out of 100 OU players and coaches would tell you to be loud as hell when we're on D and try not to be a disrespectful jack*ss and an embarrassment to the university otherwise.

That's subjective, there is no way for you to say that booing does absolutely nothing to intimidate a team or player. Even if you were once one yourself, you can't speak for every player that ever existed. And personally I've never seen booing as being a disrespectful jackass or an embarassment. It's all in good fun, you're just jeering the other team before the game. You're the embarassment, making up stats and being a condescending know it all.

Mississippi Sooner
9/17/2010, 09:41 AM
I always tried to draw as many boos as I could. As a heel, it was my job to make the babyface look good.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/17/2010, 09:43 AM
That's subjective, there is no way for you to say that booing does absolutely nothing to intimidate a team or player. Even if you were once one yourself, you can't speak for every player that ever existed. And personally I've never seen booing as being a disrespectful jackass or an embarassment. It's all in good fun, you're just jeering the other team before the game. You're the embarassment, making up stats and being a condescending know it all.

If you think that guy is condescending, you should try this guy

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=41512

stoops the eternal pimp
9/17/2010, 09:44 AM
I always tried to draw as many boos as I could. As a heel, it was my job to make the babyface look good.

I like to refer to myself as Kamala

EstablishedSooner1967
9/17/2010, 09:44 AM
It's you own fault if you have not been sneaking in alcohol like the other 85K people.

Mississippi Sooner
9/17/2010, 09:45 AM
I like to refer to myself as Kamala

I was Bob Wire. Seven time Interneighborhood champion of the Backyard Wrestling Federation.

Woooooooo!

stoops the eternal pimp
9/17/2010, 09:47 AM
I watched some backyard stuff on netflix the other night....special people

I think I will name myself neighborhood champion....My main competition is all the lucha libres down the street

SoonerPr8r
9/17/2010, 09:48 AM
Total Posts: 666 (0.34 posts per day)

Could it be........THE DEVIL?!?!?
http://thevinylvillage.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/church_lady.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
9/17/2010, 09:50 AM
Could it be........THE DEVIL?!?!?
http://thevinylvillage.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/church_lady.jpg

I know...probably why he is so condescending

stoops the eternal pimp
9/17/2010, 09:51 AM
This is the technique I used to score my wife

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9281/sexysurprise6ti.gif

jumperstop
9/17/2010, 09:55 AM

lol :P

Mississippi Sooner
9/17/2010, 09:56 AM
This is the technique I used to score my wife

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9281/sexysurprise6ti.gif

lol

When I was a senior in high school, we put on a wrestling show at school to raise money and invited some of the wrestlers who were working Dallas at the time. Kamala was one of the ones who showed up, and that dude played his gimmick to the max. He wouldn't even enter the building through the entrance everyone else used.

Later I found out his name is Jim Harris and he lives here in Mississippi. He's really a soft spoken, laid back guy and writes music.

setem
9/17/2010, 09:56 AM
How about this one time when Air Force Service Academy is here we say Home of the Brave and not boo the other team when they take the field. I am not going to applaud them but I sure am not going to boo them.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/17/2010, 09:59 AM
lol

When I was a senior in high school, we put on a wrestling show at school to raise money and invited some of the wrestlers who were working Dallas at the time. Kamala was one of the ones who showed up, and that dude played his gimmick to the max. He wouldn't even enter the building through the entrance everyone else used.

Later I found out his name is Jim Harris and he lives here in Mississippi. He's really a soft spoken, laid back guy and writes music.

Have you heard his CD? I have it...classic stuff

And yeah, he is an old schooler who hardly breaks character..of course he probably does when he is at work(trucker)

Mississippi Sooner
9/17/2010, 10:01 AM
Have you heard his CD? I have it...classic stuff

And yeah, he is an old schooler who hardly breaks character..of course he probably does when he is at work(trucker)

Nope. Can't say I've heard any of it.

It would be cool, though, for him to go into a truckstop restaurant in character. Bet he could get any seat he wanted.

SteelClip49
9/17/2010, 10:03 AM
Fire Brian Britt then we will stop!

ousooners182
9/17/2010, 10:06 AM

agreed!

jumperstop
9/17/2010, 10:12 AM
How about this one time when Air Force Service Academy is here we say Home of the Brave and not boo the other team when they take the field. I am not going to applaud them but I sure am not going to boo them.

I'm down for no "Home of the Sooners", I'll agree with you there. But when I boo Air Force this weekend, I'm not booing the Military/Gov/Vets or w.e. Gah, some people are too pc these days. IT'S A FOOTBALL GAME!!! Not lets hold hands and love each other while we dance around and blow kisses.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/17/2010, 10:13 AM
http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/6838/running7ot.gif

XingTheRubicon
9/17/2010, 10:17 AM

I does nothing. Find one player in the history of college football to confirm being booed while entering did anything but make them laugh. Now, against a rival like Texas or o-state, I think booing is pretty much unavoidable and expected. It still does nothing. BUT...

Booing Air Force? Really? You have to boo Air Force?

Kind of like to slap your parents around.

Soonerntxs
9/17/2010, 10:17 AM

I just noticed that this condescending has 666 post!:eek: (please for the love of sugar cookies and the home of the brave, post again!):D

Soonerntxs
9/17/2010, 10:20 AM
I got out of the shower and my wife BOOOED me (ONCE!) I never took a shower again!:eek: I just take baths now!:D

jumperstop
9/17/2010, 10:28 AM
I does nothing. Find one player in the history of college football to confirm being booed while entering did anything but make them laugh. Now, against a rival like Texas or o-state, I think booing is pretty much unavoidable and expected. It still does nothing. BUT...

Booing Air Force? Really? You have to boo Air Force?

Kind of like to slap your parents around.

Slap my parents around? Man you have some deep seated issues.

HBick
9/17/2010, 10:40 AM
Maybe we can do the BOOMER on one side and SOONER on the other more than once before the game? That gets loud, start doing that during a time out to get the crowd jacked up for the upcoming play?

Mississippi Sooner
9/17/2010, 10:42 AM
The only way this will work is if everyone who doesn't boo and says the word brave gets a free Boomer Sooner ringtone.

StoopTroup
9/17/2010, 10:59 AM
I boo tejas...I boo Tech...I boo Miami...no reason to hold back for AF.

sooneron
9/17/2010, 11:54 AM
I always found it funny when people would boo the east popcorn states. I mean, they're about to get killed out there, why boo them?

jumperstop
9/17/2010, 12:29 PM
I always found it funny when people would boo the east popcorn states. I mean, they're about to get killed out there, why boo them?

There was only one team this season that I would classify as an East Popcorn State and that would be Utah State. Did they killed?

btb916
9/17/2010, 12:46 PM
I was at Texadelphia the other day and saw that they have an OU version of the American flag. I went to the counter and asked them to replace it with the correct version but they just laughed me out of the restaurant.

Some people have no respect.

XingTheRubicon
9/17/2010, 01:14 PM

It's hard to be a mouth-breather and not boo.

It's instinctual, or in their DNA, if you will.

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1725/stupid20fans.jpg (http://img826.imageshack.us/i/stupid20fans.jpg/)

jumperstop
9/17/2010, 01:44 PM
It's hard to be a mouth-breather and not boo.

It's instinctual, or in their DNA, if you will.

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1725/stupid20fans.jpg (http://img826.imageshack.us/i/stupid20fans.jpg/)

You're a Philly fan Xing?

XingTheRubicon
9/17/2010, 01:51 PM
No, I believe that's your dad.

jumperstop
9/17/2010, 02:16 PM
No, I believe that's your dad.

There you go again, always bringing the parents into it. Must have been molested by your own parents when you were young. That's probably where your issues come from.

goingoneight
9/17/2010, 02:32 PM
All I know is there's going to be a lot of rebel jackasses screaming Sooner, booing AFA and being even louder and more idiotic than ever before this weekend. Yeah, you sure showed us alright! Down with class and respect! It's all about freedom of speech!

C&CDean
9/17/2010, 02:34 PM
I ain't got a dog in this fight cause I ain't gay enough to boo the opposing team - other than Texas. That being said, PC ain't got a damn thing to do with it. Being a ****ing moron does. Does it give you wood when you boo the other guys? Does it make you feel manly? Does it give you some deep-rooted satisfaction that nothing else in your life can? Does it make you stronger? Prettier? No? Then why the **** do you do it? That's right, you do it cause every other 19 year old punk-assed drunk on natty lite student is doing it. Brainless lemmings.

jumperstop
9/17/2010, 02:34 PM
All I know is there's going to be a lot of rebel jackasses screaming Sooner, booing AFA and being even louder and more idiotic than ever before this weekend. Yeah, you sure showed us alright! Down with class and respect! It's all about freedom of speech!

Yeah the Sooners only seemed to get louder the more they tried to stop it with thier pregame message. I can't image how bad it will be this weekend with all the media talking about it the entire week up to the game.

goingoneight
9/17/2010, 02:39 PM
And for the record, I don't hate our fans. I dislike the individual effort of deliberately defending suck jackassery as much as I dislike the fans of other programs for their own jackassery.

jumperstop
9/17/2010, 02:39 PM
I ain't got a dog in this fight cause I ain't gay enough to boo the opposing team - other than Texas. That being said, PC ain't got a damn thing to do with it. Being a ****ing moron does. Does it give you wood when you boo the other guys? Does it make you feel manly? Does it give you some deep-rooted satisfaction that nothing else in your life can? Does it make you stronger? Prettier? No? Then why the **** do you do it? That's right, you do it cause every other 19 year old punk-assed drunk on natty lite student is doing it. Brainless lemmings.

Since when did booing come so serious? Maybe if it's that serious for you, you shouldn't do it. For me it was always in good fun, to take a jab at the other team and their fans before the game. I only have a problem when people boo their own team.

C&CDean
9/17/2010, 02:41 PM
Serious? Who said serious? I said gay.

Soonerwake
9/17/2010, 02:49 PM

Why u gotta drag natty lite into this?? Boo Dean... :D

stoops the eternal pimp
9/17/2010, 02:51 PM
thats also something else for the gays

jumperstop
9/17/2010, 02:53 PM
Serious? Who said serious? I said gay.

Well by the number of f bombs you just dropped I thought you might be serious. I guess you're just gay...

C&CDean
9/17/2010, 02:58 PM
Couldn't be. I don't boo when the other team comes on the field, and I don't take it in the pooper. Guess they don't teach that in high school anymore.

Crucifax Autumn
9/17/2010, 02:59 PM
They taught taking it in the pooper when you were in high school?

C&CDean
9/17/2010, 03:00 PM
Well Linda Ashton did in the desert behind Carson Jr. High.

Crucifax Autumn
9/17/2010, 03:02 PM
So just private tutoring then.

C&CDean
9/17/2010, 03:02 PM
Well me, and about half the other 7th graders.

josh09
9/17/2010, 03:03 PM
Couldn't be. I don't boo when the other team comes on the field, and I don't take it in the pooper. Guess they don't teach that in high school anymore.

Your constant hating on students, and referring to all of us as immature idiots just because a few of them are, isn't very nice :P

BillyBall
9/17/2010, 03:03 PM
http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/6838/running7ot.gif

I can't stop watching this...

soonersponge
9/17/2010, 03:12 PM
OU sells the poster. How can they talk????
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i84/SoonerPride1/IMG_0680.jpg

C&CDean
9/17/2010, 03:12 PM
Your constant hating on students, and referring to 99% of us as immature idiots just because 99% of them are, isn't very nice :P

FIFY

StoopTroup
9/17/2010, 03:47 PM
The last time i didn't boo an opposing Team that was playing us in Norman was TCU.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/17/2010, 03:49 PM
Troup even boos people at the tailgate

StoopTroup
9/17/2010, 03:50 PM
OU sells the poster. How can they talk????
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i84/SoonerPride1/IMG_0680.jpg

I've got one in my living room in a frame. My Brother was production manager for the company who printed and boxed them.

It's a classic!

I'm gonna get Bob to sign it. :D

StoopTroup
9/17/2010, 03:53 PM
I hear you get booed if ya use the wimmens portasquater.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/17/2010, 03:54 PM
I booed some of the pictures taken last week at the tailgate

C&CDean
9/17/2010, 03:56 PM
You ain't seen em' yet. Doleo is being a lazy *** and isn't getting them posted yet.

XingTheRubicon
9/17/2010, 03:56 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/196/brotherslg.jpg (http://img36.imageshack.us/i/brotherslg.jpg/)

I booed 'em gilbert, I booed 'em...did ya see...hahahahahah.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/17/2010, 03:57 PM
the ones howzie posted was bad enough...plus the ones y'all havent seen

C&CDean
Look, it's ST and STEP!

stoops the eternal pimp
you salad tossin ****er

stoops the eternal pimp
9/17/2010, 03:58 PM
and thats troup on the left

MyT Oklahoma
9/17/2010, 08:25 PM
And so the winner is?

agoo758
9/17/2010, 10:25 PM

Agreed, games are considered a family event, one can live without alcohol for a few hours, then you can go home and get smashed all you want.:O

delhalew
9/17/2010, 10:31 PM
Sorry. Sports and beer are like chips and salsa.

OUthunder
9/17/2010, 10:40 PM
I only Boo Colorado when they come to town. I hate those motherfukkers.

stoopified
9/18/2010, 11:49 AM
I dated my 3rd grade teacher when I was in College.Uhh.....ok.I don't really know where to go from there. :)