PDA

View Full Version : PATHETIC. ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/16/2010, 09:57 PM
The Raiders can't sell out their HOME OPENER. The game is blacked out locally. No Sammy on the tube here.

Collier11
9/16/2010, 09:59 PM
They suck, what do you expect. And I also think the idea of a blackout is retarded in general but especially during a recession

stoopified
9/16/2010, 10:11 PM
I was thinking WTF are we having an osu thread for?

CrimsonJim
9/16/2010, 10:12 PM
How many Sooners to we have on the Raider's roster?

sooner59
9/16/2010, 10:44 PM
Well, we will probably still see the game in Oklahoma.

cvsooner
9/16/2010, 11:18 PM
The Raiders and the Chargers are both blacked out this weekend in the Used-to-be-Golden State. The 49ers are on, though. Whoopee.

Blue
9/17/2010, 01:07 AM
They suck, what do you expect. And I also think the idea of a blackout is retarded in general but especially during a recession

Didn't you hear? The economy is fine and there is no recession according to Obummer.

Collier11
9/17/2010, 01:08 AM
Speaking of everything being fine, youre Fantasy Baseball team is struggling with the 5 seed. Meanwhile, im still ahead against the 2 seed, could it be a week of big time upsets?

Blue
9/17/2010, 01:16 AM
Oooh you had to go there.....

The Stormers will be victorious. I mean just look at week one in the FF...the League went back and took away points from Garcon just to award me the W.

Karma is on my side and i will be 09 Football, 10' baseball, and 10' Football Champs.

Blue
9/17/2010, 01:18 AM
I might even go ahead and win the posses league too just for ****s and giggles.

deweydw
9/17/2010, 06:24 AM
I was able to watch the Rams last week. Found out I have NFL Sunday ticket. Didn't purchase it. So the first week was probably free. Hope it's working this week so I can watch Sam again.

soonerloyal
9/17/2010, 07:00 AM
Didn't you hear? The economy is fine and there is no recession according to Obummer.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/Posting%20Photos/intellectual-capacity-breached.jpg

btb916
9/17/2010, 07:27 AM
I think this is the eighth home game in a row that will be blacked out for them.
No big surprise.

texaspokieokie
9/17/2010, 07:28 AM
when i lived in LA, the super bowl was blacked-out. we went to Palm Springs to watch it on TV.

1st supe bwl

lousy game but a nice trip.

deweydw
9/17/2010, 07:30 AM
Al Davis needs to let someone else take over. Then maybe the Raiders will get better.

sooner518
9/17/2010, 07:35 AM
I was able to watch the Rams last week. Found out I have NFL Sunday ticket. Didn't purchase it. So the first week was probably free. Hope it's working this week so I can watch Sam again.

I think I heard that DirecTV was doing free Sunday Ticket the first week. but after that, if you want it, you gotta pay for it.

I imagine this game will be streaming on adthe.net like it was last week for those who dont live in Oklahoma

SanJoaquinSooner
9/17/2010, 08:40 AM
How many Sooners to we have on the Raider's roster?

Zero, but it's Sooner relevant because Mark Clayton and Sam Bradford play for this week's opponent.

StoopTroup
9/17/2010, 08:42 AM
Al Davis needs to let someone else take over. Then maybe the Raiders will get better.

Is Al still alive? If he is...why didn't he replace Larry King?

SanJoaquinSooner
9/17/2010, 08:44 AM
I don't think it has anything to do with the economy. LA didn't fully support an NFL team during good times and rust-belt Cleveland always does, even in the worst of times. I blame the Raiders organization. They had opportunities to make the team a lot better and they blew it, plus their marketing department is still living in the 70s/80s.

Mississippi Sooner
9/17/2010, 08:45 AM
The Raiders have had this problem ever since Al built "The Alps" and started personal seat licensing. People will pay that prime dollar to watch a good team, but not the mess they've had on the field for the last seven years or so.

Everyone knows it, but it bears repeating. The Raider problem won't be fixed until Al kicks the bucket, and they get someone else to run the show.

I'm a Raider fan, and this situation is sickening to me.

Mississippi Sooner
9/17/2010, 08:47 AM
Is Al still alive?

It's debatable. Sometimes I'm pretty sure it's just a wax dummy in a jogging suit. Sometimes it looks like the wax is melting. Pretty disgusting, actually.

Sooner04
9/17/2010, 09:03 AM
The Raiders can't sell out their HOME OPENER. The game is blacked out locally. No Sammy on the tube here.
Then why not buy a ticket and watch the game from the stands?

pilobolus
9/17/2010, 09:18 AM
It's Lane Kiffin's fault.

jumperstop
9/17/2010, 09:46 AM
I just learned about the NFL blackout rule a few weeks ago. I think it's dumb or even legal that they would be able to do this. Just seems like a bad way to try and get people to come to the game. Fortunately if they had this in college ball, OU would never be blacked out, were always selling out.

sooner ngintunr
9/17/2010, 10:44 AM
Some of teams are buying up the empty seats themselves and then giving them to various charities. Great idea. Avoids the blackout.

Soonerntxs
9/17/2010, 10:52 AM
I just learned about the NFL blackout rule a few weeks ago. I think it's dumb or even legal that they would be able to do this. Just seems like a bad way to try and get people to come to the game. Fortunately if they had this in college ball, OU would never be blacked out, were always selling out.

WE ARE NOT SELL OUTS!:mad: WE ARE SOLD OUt! :D WE ARE NOT COLLEGE BALL, WE ARE THE OWNERS OF 7 CRYSTAL BALLS! WE CAN ONLY BE CRIMSONED OUT!:D NOT BLACKED OUT:P

Just funin! Don't be gittin all upset or nutin:eek: I'm just countin down till kick off and trying to bust 200 posts! (I hear tell that I will grow SOONER WINGS once past 200);)

StoopTroup
9/17/2010, 10:56 AM
How long a drive is it from Tiajuana to Oakland?

Soonerntxs
9/17/2010, 11:00 AM
Just funin! Don't be gittin all upset or nutin:eek: I'm just countin down till kick off and trying to bust 200 posts! (I hear tell that I will grow SOONER WINGS once past 200);)[/QUOTE]

It is true! I just got my RED WINGS! Thankyou SOONER FANS! Can't wait till I break 500! (I hear tell I get to kick a whorn in the nads)

http://www.allthingshockey.com/images/HoneyRedWingsFanwithStick.jpg

cvsooner
9/17/2010, 11:39 AM

I'm getting old so I may be misremembering, but I think the blackout rule goes way back to the '60s. And you can certainly see the logic behind it: why pay for something you can see for free on your TV?

cvsooner
9/17/2010, 11:41 AM
I'm a Raider fan, and this is sickening to me.

FIFY.

Mississippi Sooner
9/17/2010, 11:46 AM
:D

swardboy
9/17/2010, 12:17 PM
It's good to be a Sooner in sw MO....

diegosooner
9/17/2010, 01:30 PM
Go Sammy!! Should be fun for him to play in Oakland Coliseum with those crazy fans. I hope Richard Seymour doesn't tear Sam's arm off!

SanJoaquinSooner
9/17/2010, 02:36 PM
Then why not buy a ticket and watch the game from the stands?

I just told my daughter, last night, that she couldn't buy a new outfit for Picture Day at school. I'd feel like a dick if I then spent $100 to go see the Raiders.

If I didn't have kids I'd go in a heartbeat.

Blue
9/17/2010, 03:29 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/Posting%20Photos/intellectual-capacity-breached.jpg

My comment was sarcastic. Not sure what you're trying to say.

texaspokieokie
9/17/2010, 04:58 PM
I'm getting old so I may be misremembering, but I think the blackout rule goes way back to the '60s. And you can certainly see the logic behind it: why pay for something you can see for free on your TV?

the 1st super bowl was blacked out in LA. 1967

bluedogok
9/17/2010, 09:55 PM
I think I heard that DirecTV was doing free Sunday Ticket the first week. but after that, if you want it, you gotta pay for it.
Correct, just a free teaser the first week like they do with all the pro sports subscriptions. I have had it for three seasons, MLB for four and NHL for five seasons.

It has existed since the games went on television.

Some of teams are buying up the empty seats themselves and then giving them to various charities. Great idea. Avoids the blackout.
Jacksonville has "removed" the corner sections of the upper deck seats from their ticket rolls and "reduced" their stadium capacity by covering them up and that has allowed them to avert the blackouts which plagued them a few years ago. The only time they are used is for the Florida-Georgia game. The Oakland A's have the entire upper level of the Oakland-Alameda County Colosseum bagged for that reason....they should leave them that way for the Raiders.

I just told my daughter, last night, that she couldn't buy a new outfit for Picture Day at school. I'd feel like a dick if I then spent $100 to go see the Raiders.

If I didn't have kids I'd go in a heartbeat.
Shouldn't there be people dumping tickets at game time?

That is the big reason why stadiums are facing less than full crowds, the tickets are too dang expensive for most fans. They have sold out to the corporate level seats and priced them beyond the reach of many.

turner78
9/17/2010, 10:37 PM
Purchase NFL SundayTicket

CrimsonJim
9/17/2010, 10:45 PM
Zero, but it's Sooner relevant because Mark Clayton and Sam Bradford play for this week's opponent.

I wasn't questioning the relevancy, but glad you pointed out Sam & Mark will be playing against them. Searched through the Dish menu and didn't see it on here in Oklahoma either. :mad:

I thought they were going to show Rams games in OK if they weren't opposite the Dallas Cowboys. :confused:

Scott D
9/17/2010, 11:22 PM

Ironically you'll find that this season will likely have the highest amount of non sell outs the NFL has seen in awhile leaguewide.

PLaw
9/18/2010, 01:23 PM

Yeah, and your taking your life into your own hand when you go down to that stadium. Don't believe me? Drive about three blocks on International Avenue and then let me know what you think.

BOOMER

Mississippi Sooner
9/18/2010, 01:28 PM
Yeah, and your taking your life into your own hand when you go down to that stadium. Don't believe me? Drive about three blocks on International Avenue and then let me know what you think.

BOOMER

I accidentally turned and started driving down 63rd street there once. My wife, who was raised in the Oakland Hills, just about had a stroke.