PDA

View Full Version : DM7

Ping
9/16/2010, 04:40 PM
Here's a shirt idea I'm thinking of getting printed. Would anyone be interested in this? I'm just trying to get an idea on how it would sell.. I might make some different players as well if this one sells pretty good!

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k145/OleKingCole3114/DM7shirt.jpg

Mad Dog Madsen
9/16/2010, 04:43 PM
I think it's pretty awesome and would actually sell. lol. Maybe one of "The Hammer" as well?

SouthCarolinaSooner
9/16/2010, 04:43 PM
would buy one of the hammer

badger
9/16/2010, 04:52 PM
He needs a cool nickname, like First Down Demarco because he always gets us first downs or something.

Love the caricature of him. If its not too late, you should do a silhouette of his hurdle over "DM7" on the front. Here's an image of it:

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/gallery/day/migrated-media/s071006_oklahoma.jpg

C&CDean
9/16/2010, 05:06 PM
How about the flip into the end zone?

Peach Fuzz
9/16/2010, 05:11 PM
Just make sure you get permission from the Uni to have the words "sooners" on it... I make shirts as a side gig and had to go thru that process so be carefee

badger
9/16/2010, 05:22 PM
How about the flip into the end zone?

He kind of dove superman style before flipping:
http://kotv.images.worldnow.com/images/11583900_BG2.jpg

Course, he's done it more than once :D

http://www.demarco-murray.com/demarco-murray-2008-1-1.jpg

47straight
9/16/2010, 05:42 PM
Just make sure you get permission from the Uni to have the words "sooners" on it... I make shirts as a side gig and had to go thru that process so be carefee

Going that route, unfortunately he's going to be denied because it's Murray's likeness on the front. I really don't know if getting rid of "Sooners" on his jersey would solve that or not. Well, at that point, you might be able to duck having to get a license altogether, maybe not.

If you're just making one sort of quasi-homemade, nothing would probably happen to you. Start selling a bunch out of the back of your car, you take your chances of the "officially licensed" seizing it all.

But, it is a neat idea.

Scott D
9/16/2010, 05:55 PM
Going that route, unfortunately he's going to be denied because it's Murray's likeness on the front. I really don't know if getting rid of "Sooners" on his jersey would solve that or not. Well, at that point, you might be able to duck having to get a license altogether, maybe not.

If you're just making one sort of quasi-homemade, nothing would probably happen to you. Start selling a bunch out of the back of your car, you take your chances of the "officially licensed" seizing it all.

But, it is a neat idea.

not to mention it's the kind of thing that the NCAA like to sniff around.

Jacie
9/16/2010, 06:16 PM
A few years ago, an enterprising Sooner fan made up some shirts that featured an actual pic of a certain OU running back and took orders from members of a certain Oklahoma message board. Made no attempt to hide what was going on as this person was ignorant of the various copyright laws he was violating. Shirts were made and distributed before the university got wind of it and ordered the individual to cease. Everyone got to keep their shirt, though no more were made for those who didn't get in on the initial run.

So if you are going through with this, get the money from everyone up front and make yourself scarce after you distribute them.

Okie35
9/16/2010, 06:55 PM
I'd buy one.

Leroy Lizard
9/16/2010, 07:04 PM
Bad idea.

Peach Fuzz
9/16/2010, 07:06 PM
Not trying to kill your idea, it's just too easy for someone to screw you over for doing something you did in all innocence

Leroy Lizard
9/16/2010, 07:30 PM
You can't latch on to someone else's success for your own profit. OU and Demarco would deserve their cut (and DM can't get one because of the NCAA).

OU-HSV
9/16/2010, 07:35 PM
Cool shirt and cool idea...but I would bet it brings legal trouble/issues as others have mentioned.

goingoneight
9/16/2010, 07:40 PM
Being from Vegas, we've always referred to him as "Lucky #7."

Not that he's beeen all that "lucky" (not al all, really). He is kinda the big play-threat you need. One of the biggest shames of his career was not being able to play against Florida. OUr offense turned into literally just Sam and Jermaine without DM back there.

AlbqSooner
9/16/2010, 07:42 PM
Not trying to kill your idea, it's just too easy for someone to screw you over for doing something you did in all innocence

Now that you have warned him of the collateral issues, it can't be in all innocence. :)

Redshirt
9/16/2010, 07:47 PM
Anyone wanna play some tiny football?

Collier11
9/16/2010, 08:32 PM
This will get nixed super fast if you are trying to sell them, just make yourself and your friends one

JLEW1818
9/16/2010, 09:10 PM
the "flip" was against Tulsa

kbsooner
9/16/2010, 09:22 PM
Please DO NOT PRINT THE SHIRT! Last season, a group of me and college buds made our way to a Jerry World suite for a 10 yr reunion to take in what was hopefully the start of the run to #8. We all thought we needed a shirt to commemorate. Well shirts were made, they featured a likeness of a certain Heisman winning QB, and read "Cougar Hunter". Needless to say, the shirt will live in infamy. DO NOT PRINT THAT SHIRT.

bri
9/16/2010, 10:27 PM
Let's see, not only does it have the likeness of a current player, but it violates both OU and Nike's trademarks. It is horrible, this idea.

Boarder
9/16/2010, 10:27 PM
I'm pretty sure that Nike won't be uber-thrilled that you put the swoosh on there, either.

Boarder
9/16/2010, 10:28 PM
Dang, missed it by that much.

bri
9/16/2010, 10:34 PM
That's why I'm The Legend. :D

Leroy Lizard
9/16/2010, 10:40 PM
I don't think Nike will like the swoosh. Sounds like a copyright violation.

badger
9/16/2010, 10:49 PM
No-go on the shirt, but if College Gameday wises up and comes to an OU game soon (Oct. 2 likely), definitely put it on signboard and stand next to the Wazzu flag. :)

Chuck Bao
9/17/2010, 07:28 AM
Yeah, bad idea. You are not going to make much profit. But if you did, the legal problems would just be starting, as others have said.

http://www.demarco-murray.com/demarco-murray-2008-1-1.jpg

On a side note, I didn't know that OU had see-through pants and you could actually see what type of underwear or lack of underwear of the players.

I thought that was more of a UT thing and I didn't know that until they were all talking about the longwhorn tattoo on the butt of one of their QBs. I can't even remember who that was - maybe Chance Mock. It didn't turn out too well for him.

Okay, it was. Here is a pic.

http://i20.tinypic.com/1ilizn.jpg

ousooners182
9/17/2010, 09:10 AM
make the damn shirt i myself will buy it.

just no nike sign :D

CrimsonCommando
9/17/2010, 09:19 AM
I would buy it legal or not. I don't care what Nike, the NCAA, or the OU Admin would try to do because they can't do anything to me for wearing a bad-*** t-shirt. I'd prefer one of The Hammer.

bri
9/17/2010, 09:49 AM
I would buy it legal or not. I don't care what Nike, the NCAA, or the OU Admin would try to do because they can't do anything to me for wearing a bad-*** t-shirt. I'd prefer one of The Hammer.

Translation: Yeah, you'd get in a sh*tload of legal trouble, but who cares?

EstablishedSooner1967
9/17/2010, 09:50 AM
Better get permission form OU and ncaa... and probably Murray to uses his likeness or go in with him and do something like the Boz did in college and make the What a Boz worth shirts.

Leroy Lizard
9/17/2010, 09:52 AM
Better get permission form OU and ncaa... and probably Murray to uses his likeness or go in with him and do something like the Boz did in college and make the What a Boz worth shirts.

No. Do not go in with him. Really bad idea.

bri
9/17/2010, 10:22 AM
You people are like the Voltron of really horrible ideas.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/17/2010, 10:27 AM
I would make the shirt, email a picture of it to Phil Knight and the Uni and tell em both you can do what you want, cause this is ammurrrica..

KantoSooner
9/17/2010, 10:28 AM
You people are like the Voltron of really horrible ideas.

That's classic. One thousand cocktails to you, sir.

Mississippi Sooner
9/17/2010, 10:30 AM
I've got an idea for a t-shirt. What do you guys think?

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/BarkingCarnival/RackMultipart306130_feature.jpg

sooner518
9/17/2010, 10:32 AM
its a pretty cool design actually, but please do not try to sell it or get anyone's approval. make it for you and your buddy, and thats it!

stoops the eternal pimp
9/17/2010, 10:43 AM
I would set up some racks outside the stadium and sell em

jumperstop
9/17/2010, 11:00 AM
I've got an idea for a t-shirt. What do you guys think?

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/BarkingCarnival/RackMultipart306130_feature.jpg

Someone needs to make that shirt. I would for sure buy that one.

badger
9/17/2010, 11:02 AM
Someone needs to make that shirt. I would for sure buy that one.

I bet Boz's Figure 8 company or whatever it's called that has its massive Owen Field advertising going right now already has dibs on it.

Scott D
9/17/2010, 01:22 PM
I would make the shirt, email a picture of it to Phil Knight and the Uni and tell em both you can do what you want, cause this is ammurrrica..

see I'd be all like "That's why you need me in your t-shirt design department, I can make Nike billions."