PDA

View Full Version : zooma-Zoomies Just Shake Ya Rump: **OFFICIAL** OU v. AFA Prediction Thread

soonerboy_odanorth
9/16/2010, 01:33 PM
So we eeked one out a bit with the Jim Bob’s crew. That still leaves plenty of games where we have to guess which are going to produce the 3, 4, or 5 losses we are going to see this year with this underraged group.

We were supremely fortunate in this last week’s turnout… them keeping pace with us on the 17 points until we broke into the open. I’m pretty sure that Christian’s blurred vision that I heard about on post-Gameday had as much to do with it as anything.

Beyond that I seriously believe we need to look at the other QB’s on the roster. Landry was completely off on his throws regardless of the completions. If not for a monster game from our WR, it would have been trouble. There were a couple times where their DB’s were flat on their backs after slipping and Landry couldn’t hit the wide open guy. He looked really shaky to me.

And how about our running backs. I am glad we get Clay back this week, because Madu and DeMarco aren’t producing anything. If either had contributed to the passing game agains FSU, I might feel differently. Then again, the OL never really produced all game.

That leads us right into how this whole military appreciation day is going to work out. Big mistake calling that out if you ask me. We’re going to have them all fired up. The last thing we need is for them to play like they did in the mid-40’s war years when AFA was riding high and dominating college football.

Let’s note also that they have cleanly set the trap for us, and I am not talking that QB/WR trap that they run. I’m talking about their lackluster performance against BYU. They ended up with a decent score, but from all accounts played very uninspired, like they were looking past the Panthers to get to us.

We won’t get that this week. Look for them to shred us with their balanced spread running and passing attack. That’s the thing FSU didn’t bring. They were pass pass pass. Which we can’t reasonably expect from AFA. It’ll definitely lean pass run pass run. Now they do get good yards on the run, so you may get an extra pass run pass run run. But here’s guessing they’ll attack a week secondary that couldn’t get near Ponder’s throws despite his ocular deficiencies last Saturday.

Defensively, there isn’t much the Zoomies don’t do well. For one thing they tackle. It would be good if our D for a day could follow their example. But on top of that their athleticism on D is a step up, though it seems sometimes they’ll give up lane assignments knowing that they can recover. Make no mistake, tough sledding for our O.

Hate to say it, but I think you’re gonna see Air Force party like it’s 1945. In a low-scoring squeaker of an affair, I’m going to call it:

AFA – 31
OU – 28

Let the debate begin… post your scores and thoughts!

Mississippi Sooner
9/16/2010, 01:36 PM
If we were getting Finch back this week, I'd say we have a chance.

I just don't see how Murray, Madu and Clay can get it done.

Doomed.

Peach Fuzz
9/16/2010, 01:41 PM
Had some air force guys come in the restaurant today saying pretty much the same biz. They also hate the home of the sooners thing so that might pees them off.

However I disagree and think we take care of business, might take 2 quarters but I think we will do our job and we will wear them out. Def one of the toughest opponents this year

OU-36
Aflac-22

sooner_born_1960
9/16/2010, 01:41 PM
You must be on crack, or something.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/16/2010, 01:42 PM
calling it like it is

budbarrybob
9/16/2010, 01:42 PM
43-10 BOOMER!

Soonerntxs
9/16/2010, 01:49 PM
Your right the way they beat FSU, I'm embarassed! A matter of a fact, you take my tickets this weekend and I'm just going to go to the TCU (Mooseknuckle) vs. Baylor (The Claw & Gurrrrr!) Game. At least they will sing the darn NA the right way!:P

DID I JUST SAY THIS OUTLOUD?

Give me them tickets you game buster! I'm all over me some Triple Action Threat, Hell! I even upgraded and bought some Section 3 tickets:eek:

Now, I will respect the BOY's In BLUE but after the word BRAVE leaves my lips, you better bet It will be followed by SOONERS;) !

The way I see it

55 OU

17 af

Mississippi Sooner
9/16/2010, 01:51 PM
The man is a master. I'm in awww.

Oldnslo
9/16/2010, 01:53 PM
we are so screwed.

budbarrybob
9/16/2010, 01:54 PM
So we eeked one out a bit with the Jim Bob’s crew.

We were supremely fortunate in this last week’s turnout… them keeping pace with us on the 17 points until we broke into the open.

Landry was completely off on his throws regardless of the completions.

Madu and DeMarco aren’t producing anything.

I’m talking about their lackluster performance against BYU.

Look for them to shred us with their balanced spread running and passing attack.

Reeeeally...??...

Either: an aggie has hijacked your acct. Your pathetically drunk. You've gone insane. Or your post count is incongruent with your level of sooner knowledge.
Or: you must be an idiot. [hairGel]

Course you could be messin' 'round. But who would go into that kinda diatribe to set yourself up for a internet beating?

Thoughts?

Boomer Mooner
9/16/2010, 01:57 PM
Five TD's with a missed extra point for us
A TD and a FG for them

34 OU
10 AF

Boomer Sooner!!!

tator
9/16/2010, 02:13 PM
Reeeeally...??...

Either: an aggie has hijacked your acct. Your pathetically drunk. You've gone insane. Or your post count is incongruent with your level of sooner knowledge.
Or: you must be an idiot. [hairGel]

Course you could be messin' 'round. But who would go into that kinda diatribe to set yourself up for a internet beating?

Thoughts?
He's smarter than he seems

stoops the eternal pimp
9/16/2010, 02:14 PM
Richard is the smartest man in all of Minnesota

sooner_born_1960
9/16/2010, 02:15 PM
I disagree with tator.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/16/2010, 02:16 PM
me too...I'll find a way

Soonerntxs
9/16/2010, 02:18 PM
Richard is the smartest man in all of Minnesota

AH, Minnesota! Has anyone or does anyone know about cheese curds?
I had some in the Army when I went up North to visit. But lost contact over the years and can't find any info out on where or if I can buy some and have em shipped.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/16/2010, 02:19 PM
not sure..we were discussing cheese turds in another thread

tator
9/16/2010, 02:19 PM
I disagree with tator.
noone axed you!

:D

saucysoonergal
9/16/2010, 02:28 PM
AH, Minnesota! Has anyone or does anyone know about cheese curds?
I had some in the Army when I went up North to visit. But lost contact over the years and can't find any info out on where or if I can buy some and have em shipped.

You can get them in OKC. There is a Watonga Cheese Factory store on 39th Expressway.

Soonerntxs
9/16/2010, 02:28 PM
not sure..we were discussing cheese turds in another thread
On this note, yes you were/are discussing osu and ut fans on another thread:D
However: On topic
These darn things are great with Chili! I figured a smart guy from up yonder might know?

stoops the eternal pimp
9/16/2010, 02:29 PM
Saucy knows...she always knows

Soonerntxs
9/16/2010, 02:30 PM
You can get them in OKC. There is a Watonga Cheese Factory store on 39th Expressway.

YOU are the BOMB! I Love your SOONER STYLE! It's been 10 yrs. since I had these things!

Thanks for the INFO!

saucysoonergal
9/16/2010, 02:31 PM
Watonga Cheese 4308-B NW 39th ST 943-2707

Give 'em a call and tell them Saucy sent ya.

Mississippi Sooner
9/16/2010, 02:33 PM
Up in Canada they put cheese curds and gravy on French fries and call it poutine.

That's not really relevant to anything, but I like typing the word poutine.

sooner_born_1960
9/16/2010, 02:35 PM
Way to gay up an "Official prediction thread" with your cheese curds crap.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/16/2010, 02:35 PM
exactly

Mississippi Sooner
9/16/2010, 02:36 PM
Cheese curds = really firm crap.

saucysoonergal
9/16/2010, 02:36 PM
Thats bull shat and cheese curds STEP.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/16/2010, 02:37 PM
Oh yeah I forgot...:D

Soonerntxs
9/16/2010, 02:40 PM
Way to gay up an "Official prediction thread" with your cheese curds crap.

Hell, I thought this was the food line at the Turlet after reading the #1:confused:

My BAD:D

texaspokieokie
9/16/2010, 02:41 PM
there was no AFA in the 40s.

AFA didn't start playing football until about 1959.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/16/2010, 02:42 PM
anyway back to the OP..

I agree 107 %.

mhackl
9/16/2010, 02:53 PM
OU: 31 v. AFA:20

I think this will be a decisive win, but no blowout. I think that they'll execute far better than the Noles.

C&CDean
9/16/2010, 03:10 PM
Cheese curds on CDIAB. Heaven I tell you.

KantoSooner
9/16/2010, 03:34 PM
I suggest a powerful arterial dilator drug and then a heapin' helpin' of Minnesota State Fair's Own.....Deep Fried Cheese Curds! Yes, at least three kinds of artery cloggin' coming your way.

And, oh, so delicious.

mightysooner
9/16/2010, 04:10 PM
Look at Bob's record at home and the scores that result. Opposing teams don't just lose in Norman, they get monkey stomped. AFA's FB has a broken hand and their star tailback has a screwed up ankle. Even at full strength they wouldn't fair well in Norman. They have no pass rush to accompany their vaunted secondary so coverage won't hold up long enough for them to shut us down. Murray has a big day and Broyles get's his. Vegas has us favored by 17 and I think we cover.

44-21 Sooners

CrimsonRez
9/17/2010, 08:22 AM
Fire Venables!!!!!!

Dan Thompson
9/17/2010, 09:57 AM
After the first qtr, our D will figure things out and AFA will not score in the 2nd and 3rd qtr, and only near the end of the 4th qtr.

OU 42
AFA 17

sooner_born_1960
9/17/2010, 11:42 AM
there was no AFA in the 40s.

AFA didn't start playing football until about 1959.
Oh yeah? Well, where did all those brave WWII Air Force pilots go to school then?

Mississippi Sooner
9/17/2010, 11:48 AM
Oh yeah? Well, where did all those brave WWII Air Force pilots go to school then?

At the Iowa pre-flight academy. I heard they had some good football coaches there, too.

C&CDean
9/17/2010, 01:33 PM
Iowa Pre-flight would beat the Sooners by a dozen.

cvsooner
9/17/2010, 01:57 PM

There were no brave WWII Air Force pilots. They were Army pilots...the Army Air Corps. The Air Force was formed after WWII.

cvsooner
9/17/2010, 02:02 PM
Prediction: I dunno. This one scares me. All streaks come to an end and we're pushing the envelope on it as it is. Air Force looks really good on paper and in person. Admittedly injuries in their backfield may help us.

Venables' defenses will play disciplined much of the time and then...whump, the house collapses (see Tech last year).

I also think their pass D is pretty solid.

My guess is we'll see a different gameplan than the wide open attack of last week...lots of Murray, as we try to use our o-line size, strength and speed advantage. No mistakes is key, and so far we've been good there. Only Jones' wacky fumble last week...in fact, I think Landry gets the blame for all three turnovers so far.

I think it'll be close through three quarters, but we'll wear 'em down in the 4th. I say OU, 28-24.

If I were a betting man, and I'm not, I'd take AFA and the points. I don't think the Sooners cover...not on this team.

sooner_born_1960
9/17/2010, 02:18 PM
There were no brave WWII Air Force pilots. They were Army pilots...the Army Air Corps. The Air Force was formed after WWII.
Thanks.

KantoSooner
9/17/2010, 03:31 PM
Thanks.

The National Security Act of 1947 (I believe) created the Air Force and the CIA among other things.
One interesting compromise: the Army kept rotary wing aircraft (helicopters) which only a few people thought would become a big thing, while the Air Force got all fixed wing.
That's one reason why the Apache attack helicopter's little mini-wings were such an issue when it was designed in the 1980's. It was thought that even those would violate the 'agreement' by the Army to not invade the Air Force's space.
Biotchy turf wars characterize way too much of life.

C&CDean
9/17/2010, 03:39 PM
The National Security Act of 1947 (I believe) created the Air Force and the CIA among other things.
One interesting compromise: the Army kept rotary wing aircraft (helicopters) which only a few people thought would become a big thing, while the Air Force got all fixed wing.
That's one reason why the Apache attack helicopter's little mini-wings were such an issue when it was designed in the 1980's. It was thought that even those would violate the 'agreement' by the Army to not invade the Air Force's space.
Biotchy turf wars characterize way too much of life.

cough - bull**** - cough

The Army has had fixed wing aircraft since at least the 1960's, and maybe even before.

My pop was Army, Army Air Corps, then Air Force. I was Army. Army has fixed wing planes. Not too many, and no jets, but they got them and have had them for decades.

texaspokieokie
9/17/2010, 04:29 PM
what kinda planes do they have that are not jets ??
little planes like Cessnas for recon ??

cvsooner
9/18/2010, 08:12 PM
Prediction: I dunno. This one scares me. All streaks come to an end and we're pushing the envelope on it as it is. Air Force looks really good on paper and in person. Admittedly injuries in their backfield may help us.

Venables' defenses will play disciplined much of the time and then...whump, the house collapses (see Tech last year).

I also think their pass D is pretty solid.

My guess is we'll see a different gameplan than the wide open attack of last week...lots of Murray, as we try to use our o-line size, strength and speed advantage. No mistakes is key, and so far we've been good there. Only Jones' wacky fumble last week...in fact, I think Landry gets the blame for all three turnovers so far.

I think it'll be close through three quarters, but we'll wear 'em down in the 4th. I say OU, 28-24.

If I were a betting man, and I'm not, I'd take AFA and the points. I don't think the Sooners cover...not on this team.

Dang. Missed it by a point.