PDA

View Full Version : Most Shiniest Moments in OSU History

Viking Kitten
9/16/2010, 12:20 PM
So I was forced to go to Stillwater yesterday and discovered something that made my work buddy and me laugh our collective a*ses off. We were at the Gallegher Iba, where they have their little trophy case called "Heritage Hall" set up. So inside this dusty little curio cabinet, there are maybe two or three large artworks dedicated to their athletic department's most glorious moments.

That's where we found this.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2263/img3671g.jpg (http://img215.imageshack.us/i/img3671g.jpg/)

No big Barry Sanders murals. Just "We beat them Sooners ten years ago! YAY US!"

Howzit
9/16/2010, 12:25 PM
*snicker*

picasso
9/16/2010, 12:26 PM
I watched my old high school win the state title game in Stillwater in December 2001, not long after our loss to the Pokes in Norman.
We drove out to Karsten Creek afterwards to buy a few things in the pro shop and those poor bastards had newspaper clippings from the Tulsa World taped all over the walls in the pro shop!
I thought I had gone back in time to my bedroom when I was 9 years old.

Serially. I just laughed.

SunnySooner
9/16/2010, 12:55 PM
It gives them hope it might happen again, and therefore the will to live and pursue romantic entanglements with sheep and pigs. ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
9/16/2010, 12:59 PM
If that thing was to scale, Leslie's head would take up the whole pic

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/16/2010, 01:06 PM
So I was forced to go to Stillwater yesterday and discovered something that made my work buddy and me laugh our collective a*ses off. We were at the Gallegher Iba, where they have their little trophy case called "Heritage Hall" set up. So inside this dusty little curio cabinet, there are maybe two or three large artworks dedicated to their athletic department's most glorious moments.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2263/img3671g.jpg (http://img215.imageshack.us/i/img3671g.jpg/)

No big Barry Sanders murals. Just "We beat them Sooners ten years ago! YAY US!"That game DID screw up a very good year for us. You shouldn't have been surprised. LYAO, sure. I prolly would have too.

Boomer.....
9/16/2010, 01:12 PM
That's aggy for you.

9/16/2010, 01:16 PM
That's aggy for you.Eggsaggtly

Viking Kitten
9/16/2010, 01:25 PM
That thing has great fark potential. *sigh* If only I knew or was married to someone who had great photoshop skillz... oh man, if only.

IB4OU2
9/16/2010, 01:48 PM
Welcome to my sad world...daily idiocracy.

btw, VK when are you doing the piece on Temple? I was looking last night and didnt see it.

Viking Kitten
9/16/2010, 01:52 PM
Heh. Don't show the Missus this thread. Gotta keep my aggy bagging anonymous. :P

It will air tonight, technical issues popped up yesterday so we had to hold it over.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/16/2010, 01:57 PM
That thing has great fark potential. *sigh* If only I knew or was married to someone who had great photoshop skillz... oh man, if only.

He is bald...he's got that goin for him

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/16/2010, 01:57 PM
You guys better watch out, the Aggies have one 2 of the last 13!! Let that soak in for a moment and feel that fear.

IB4OU2
9/16/2010, 02:12 PM
Heh. Don't show the Missus this thread. Gotta keep my aggy bagging anonymous. :P

It will air tonight, technical issues popped up yesterday so we had to hold it over.

Don't worry I won't. She is a Sooner though so she would get a kick out of it. I will be watching tonight. Thanks!

badger
9/16/2010, 02:35 PM
We destroyed their season last year too, but it was kind of already wrecked from losing to Texas at home for the Pokies. They would have loved last year a lot more if they didn't get shutout by us, no doubt. The greatest Poke season in recent history and they can't enjoy it because the fairweather fan cheatin' gooners got the best of them agian.

:les: But we beat 'em 16-13 ten years ago!

And we were second in the Big 12 South last year! [hairGel]

:rolleyes:

Viking Kitten
9/16/2010, 02:44 PM
We should totally make that whole thing into a big tiled mosaic on the west side upper deck.

picasso
9/16/2010, 02:50 PM
If you think about it, that win jump started the whole Poke fund raising effort.

Yep, what would a win over oSu do for us?

saucysoonergal
9/16/2010, 02:54 PM
If you think about it, that win jump started the whole Poke fund raising effort.

Well, that and a 4 bucks would buy you a coffee at one of those upscale coffee houses.

badger
9/16/2010, 02:57 PM

Most years, it means a berth to the Big 12 championship game.

Last year, it meant a trip to El Paso. Woot.

Sooner04
9/16/2010, 03:18 PM

Yes it did. Man, that game sucked. I was in shock for days.

soonervegas
9/16/2010, 03:20 PM
Does one of the players have a Rose in his hand? Did Les convince the guys a victory over OU would assure the 4-7 Pokes a spot in the Grandaddy of them all?

soonerbrat
9/16/2010, 03:22 PM
it's probably a broken rose...isn't that the year that a win for OU would've been a trip to the NC game in the Rose Bowl? I know one of those years was because my coworker drew broken roses all over my dry-erase board and tacked a picture of the scoreboard to my cork board.

Bourbon St Sooner
9/16/2010, 03:30 PM

No big Barry Sanders murals. Just "We beat them Sooners ten years ago! YAY US!"

What the F is that trophy that dude in the suit is holding on the right side of the mural?

The real revenge is that now they have a big picture of Leslie's ugly face in their "trophy room" forever.

Sooner04
9/16/2010, 03:30 PM
We needed two more wins (O-State in Norman and Colorado in Dallas) to secure a trip to the Rose Bowl. We would've played Miami and probably lost a hard-fought, defensive battle along the lines of 17-10.

That kicker for O-State kept making those long-assed field goals. You look up and it's 13-9 and they've got the ball back.....

Bourbon St Sooner
9/16/2010, 03:35 PM
Does one of the players have a Rose in his hand? Did Les convince the guys a victory over OU would assure the 4-7 Pokes a spot in the Grandaddy of them all?

I think that's a chicken wing. Now we know the motivation that did us in. Leslie promised them all you can eat wings if they won!

Mississippi Sooner
9/16/2010, 03:35 PM
What the F is that trophy that dude in the suit is holding on the right side of the mural?

The real revenge is that now they have a big picture of Leslie's ugly face in their "trophy room" forever.

On a semi-related note, I was in New Orleans the other day and heard a lot of unkind words about Leslie on sportstalk radio there. The natives seem to be restless.

soonerbrat
9/16/2010, 03:36 PM
We needed two more wins (O-State in Norman and Colorado in Dallas) to secure a trip to the Rose Bowl. We would've played Miami and probably lost a hard-fought, defensive battle along the lines of 17-10.

That kicker for O-State kept making those long-assed field goals. You look up and it's 13-9 and they've got the ball back.....

ok..but still that win kept us from the BigXii champ game, right?

who knows. i don't even care anymore.
but if i ever see that girl again, i'm punching her in the face.

Mississippi Sooner
9/16/2010, 03:38 PM

:hot:

Sooner04
9/16/2010, 03:39 PM

You are correct. I was responding to vegas's post, and I should've quoted it.

soonervegas
9/16/2010, 03:40 PM

That and I swear the 2nd half was nothing but OU swing passes to the running backs out of the backfield.

Scott D
9/16/2010, 03:40 PM
the thought of brat being violent makes me happy in my happy place.

King Crimson
9/16/2010, 03:42 PM
if real, that is really pathetic.

Les Miles is a small timer. a poor man's Danny Ford.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/16/2010, 03:42 PM
http://thegurglingcod.typepad.com/thegurglingcod/images/2008/02/12/the_more_you_know2.jpg

Did you know that if you lumped all of OsU's victories against OU together that OU would still hold the longest winning streak in the series by a whole 3 games?

Bourbon St Sooner
9/16/2010, 03:58 PM
On a semi-related note, I was in New Orleans the other day and heard a lot of unkind words about Leslie on sportstalk radio there. The natives seem to be restless.

Yeah, I've been trying to tell these folks for years, but I think it really set in last year after the Ole Miss debacle.

I mean, you've been at a supposedly top notch program for 5 years and the best qb you've recruited is Jordan Jefferson. That bodes ill. Of course, I hope lsu loses every game.

King Crimson
9/16/2010, 04:08 PM
01 and 02 were bull****. i wanted to set myself on fire.

King Crimson
9/16/2010, 04:09 PM
but, we're pounded those clowns for many straight years.

badger
9/16/2010, 05:05 PM

You know it isn't a bowl trophy, because that win gave them like, their fourth win for the entire season.

...I just looked it up. Their only other victories that season were La Tech, Northwestern State and Baylor.

At least the next year they had a winning record when they beat us. We lost to a 3-win team (to give them their fourth win) when we lost to them in 2001. Of course, Lee Corso picked us to win, and after he picked Texas, KSU, Tech and A&M to beat us (and us to beat Nebraska) that year, you had to feel a little bit uncomfortable about that Corso pick. :mad:

Boomer.....
9/16/2010, 07:22 PM
I think that's a chicken wing. Now we know the motivation that did us in. Leslie promised them all you can eat wings if they won!

But I thought their mothers feed them chicken?

MR2-Sooner86
9/16/2010, 07:46 PM
I still have no idea just HOW we lost that game. It was an inferior team and we were in Norman. How? I mean really, HOW!?

I remember everybody had us rolling over them, whoever we played in the Big 12 championship, and then playing Miami.

I still will never forget that game and the next one. Every single ag student and hick at my school was all "Gooners suck!" and all the bandwagon OU fans from the championship season went OSU. I got so much **** for wearing my OU gear but '03 was so sweet and made it worth it when I got to get them back :D

goingoneight
9/16/2010, 08:33 PM
Most embarassing loss of the Stoops era. Colorado 2007 was a distant second IMO. Boise State, West Virginia and the Championship losses were to BCS opponents. You should never lose to a 3-win team if you're the 2nd-ranked team in the country. TCU 2005 was just a bad OU team.

Czar Soonerov
9/16/2010, 08:49 PM
but '03 was so sweet and made it worth it when I got to get them back :D

Let r rip!

Soonerfan88
9/16/2010, 09:40 PM

It's the B****m Bell trophy given to the winner of every bedlam game/match/etc.

And that is just another in the pitiful yet hilarious things little brother comes up with.

badger
9/16/2010, 10:19 PM
04 was a sweeter win for me than 03, because the Pokes were all cocky and crap, like 03 never happened, even though we crushed them 52-9. They completely ignored that game and a lot even wore shirts tributing the 02 win... it's like "Durrr, last time game was in Stilly we won, so who cares bout last year" or some ignorant reasoning. I dunno.

They were all ready to rush the field and they were sitting with their legs over the edge of the stadium to hop on (you know, on those ugly orange mats that the paddy people slap a lot) the field should the kick go through the uprights.

It didn't. OU wins. Poke students stay in the stands. Thank goodness.

texaspokieokie
9/17/2010, 07:06 AM
when barry got his heisman was probly a big day.

badger
9/17/2010, 08:05 AM
when barry got his heisman was probly a big day.

I've only read about it, but apparently Barry and the rest of the Pokes were overseas for their bowl game and he didn't get to go to New York like all of the candidates do now. So, Poke got screwed out of their moment again. Camera-shy Barry apparently had to go to a TV station for a quick reaction, then his teammates yanked the camera cords before they could continue after commercial break and got everyone the eff outta there and back to bowl prep.

texaspokieokie
9/17/2010, 08:39 AM
think you're rite, they were overseas, but not for their bowl game.

Sooner04
9/17/2010, 09:08 AM
When Sanders won the Heisman the O-State team was in Tokyo to play Texas Tech. Don't know why, but that's where they were.

SteelClip49
9/17/2010, 10:15 AM
When Sanders won the Heisman the O-State team was in Tokyo to play Texas Tech. Don't know why, but that's where they were.

If you knew anything about college football then you would know that for many years going into the 90s the Coca-Cola Classic and Mirage Bowl was played every year in Tokyo. Get with the program tool.

Sooner04
9/17/2010, 10:18 AM
If you knew anything about college football then you would know that for many years going into the 90s the Coca-Cola Classic and Mirage Bowl was played every year in Tokyo. Get with the program tool.
Thanks for the help!

Bourbon St Sooner
9/17/2010, 10:41 AM
It's the B****m Bell trophy given to the winner of every OU-OSU game/match/etc.

And that is just another in the pitiful yet hilarious things little brother comes up with.

I was just wondering if we get one of those every year when we whip their ***. And where do we put it. Does Bob use it for a door stop? Book end, maybe?

tommieharris91
9/17/2010, 10:45 AM
I was just wondering if we get one of those every year when we whip their ***. And where do we put it. Does Bob use it for a door stop? Book end, maybe?

It's supposed to be a traveling trophy, but it's a paperweight sitting in Bob's office.

Mississippi Sooner
9/17/2010, 10:45 AM

If we did, they'd have to put an extra wing on the Switzer Center.

badger
9/17/2010, 11:10 AM

Wow... where did you come from? For someone with 2,000 posts I haven't seen you around much... :confused:

goingoneight
9/17/2010, 12:06 PM
What is a doorstop or a paperweight in Stoops's office is cased like a National Championship trophy in OSU's little Jr. Hall of Fame place.

KABOOKIE
9/17/2010, 12:15 PM
That loss knocked OU out of the championship race and effectively put us in the Rose bowl. That aggot holding the rose was mocking OU for going to a "lesser" bowl. Nevermind the ags will never ever see the Rose bowl other than on TV or while driving through Pasadena, CA.

The funny thing about that one is it led to texasses "backdoor" entry to Big XII champ game in Dallas. I sold my conference champ game tickets to a longhorn for X2 the face value. Texas stadium was packed with longhorns and they choked against a lousy CU team. If Texass had won that game there was an outside shot they would have made it to the NC game.

Bourbon St Sooner
9/17/2010, 12:31 PM
We went to the Cotton Bowl that year and beat Arkansas in one of the most boring games of all time. I think piggie had like 50 yards of offense.

But yeah, watching Colorado beat texass almost made losing that game worth it.

KABOOKIE
9/17/2010, 12:56 PM
Ah ****, I forget.... It is all now a blur! :)

soonerbrat
9/17/2010, 12:58 PM
Ah ****, I forget.... It is all now a blur! :)

it kept us from the Rose Bowl...my aggy coworker drew broken roses all over my dry erase board in my office.

Soonerwake
9/17/2010, 02:07 PM
It's supposed to be a traveling trophy, but it's a paperweight sitting in Bob's office.

I can just picture it, sitting on the top shelf of some trophy case, right behind the Cotton Bowl trophy, covered in dust.

If we ever lose to them again, it might take Bob a couple of days to find it.

Did I just say "if we ever lose to them again"?? :mad: at myself :mad:

King Barry's Back
9/17/2010, 02:27 PM
A question: You know how Bob likes to take a team pic anytime the team wins a trophy -- after OU-TX, a bowl win, a Conference Championship Game, etc?

Have they ever taken a team pic after beating OSU and earning the coveted boomer bell or whatever it's called?

I've never seen/heard of this happening, but any of you that gets to go to the games pls correct me if I am wrong.

badger
9/17/2010, 02:32 PM
Have they ever taken a team pic after beating OSU and earning the coveted boomer bell or whatever it's called?

If I'm not mistaken, it's kind of small to have 100 players and coaches to gather around for a pic

9/17/2010, 04:34 PM
We went to the Cotton Bowl that year and beat Arkansas in one of the most boring games of all time. I think piggie had like 50 yards of offense.

But yeah, watching Colorado beat texass almost made losing that game worth it.That's right. Our Rose Bowl vs. WSU was after the '02 season.

bluedogok
9/17/2010, 10:11 PM
They are restless whether they win or lose....

ouwasp
9/18/2010, 01:55 AM
most poke fans are sorry pieces of excrement when it comes to the world of sport... their only basis for existence is too be thought of as better than OU in something, anything.

Plan to win the South? if things work out, you know, breaks, $, etc
Plan to win the Big XII? <crickets chirping>
Plan to win the MNC? What's that?

Plan to beat OU? YA ********* right we do! Pistols Firing!!!

stoopified
9/18/2010, 12:27 PM
Priceless:one of the epic moments in osu history ia the victory of a 4-7 Puke team over OU,at OU we celebrate championships.Is it any wonder Sooner fans believe osu is all about beating OU ? I guess when you CAN'T win championships you have to set lower goals.

FWIW the thing I will recall most about the 2001 game is that Billy Vessels died the night before that game.I distinctly remember thinking THANK GOD,BILLY DIDN'T WITNESS THIS TRAVESTY.

bluedogok
9/18/2010, 01:10 PM
Their "shiniest moment" was probably the Ice Bowl game, Lewis Field was pretty shiny that night under the lights.

Veritas
9/18/2010, 02:01 PM
If a program's anchor of pride is regular seasons wins over conference opponents, that program is a buttsniffer and always will be (see Mizzou, OSU, KSU, A&M).

soonerbub
9/19/2010, 05:39 PM
I sold my conference champ game tickets to a longhorn for X2 the face value. Texas stadium was packed with longhorns and they choked against a lousy CU team. If Texass had won that game there was an outside shot they would have made it to the NC game.

I did the same thing--only time I ever ordered tix thru the Big XII
Couldn't even watch ut & cu play on TV--that one hurt