PDA

View Full Version : Is the OU-AF game going to be streamed anywhere on the net?

Landthief 1972
9/16/2010, 11:23 AM
Haven't had much luck finding anything. My son lives in Arkansas with his mom, and they don't get Fox Sports Southwest. I'd text him updates from the game, but AT&T reception in the stadium is awful.

OK2U
9/16/2010, 11:59 AM
Who's broadcasting it? FSN??

neilperry
9/16/2010, 12:21 PM
atdhe.net

It's how I watched most of the games while studying abroad in Germany last year. It's not great but it's better than nothing.

cvsooner
9/16/2010, 12:21 PM
Who's broadcasting it? FSN??

Yes.

SunnySooner
9/16/2010, 12:59 PM
Y'all, I have FSN, but for some reason the game is on SUN sports in Jacksonville, FL. ??? Don't know if they are owned by Fox, or what, maybe just showing the game outside the 'SW market--check your listings!!!

Mississippi Sooner
9/16/2010, 01:01 PM
Y'all, I have FSN, but for some reason the game is on SUN sports in Jacksonville, FL. ??? Don't know if they are owned by Fox, or what, maybe just showing the game outside the 'SW market--check your listings!!!

Yeah, I just found out yesterday that Fox Sports South is NOT showing the Sooner game. They are showing freaking soccer!

So, I just plopped down the extra seven bucks and got the whole Fox Sports tier. It's something I do every hockey season anyway, but I'm glad I checked the listings before Saturday. Dish Network takes about 24 hours to turn it on once you order it.

Landthief 1972
9/16/2010, 01:18 PM
atdhe.net

It's how I watched most of the games while studying abroad in Germany last year. It's not great but it's better than nothing.

Thanks, that was the link I used for the Sun Bowl, just couldn't remember it. Glad you did!

soonerboomer93
9/16/2010, 01:26 PM
Yeah, I just found out yesterday that Fox Sports South is NOT showing the Sooner game. They are showing freaking soccer!

So, I just plopped down the extra seven bucks and got the whole Fox Sports tier. It's something I do every hockey season anyway, but I'm glad I checked the listings before Saturday. Dish Network takes about 24 hours to turn it on once you order it.

24 hours? It should be active withing a minute if you're receivers are on, unless something has changed from when I worked there.

Mississippi Sooner
9/16/2010, 01:29 PM
24 hours? It should be active withing a minute if you're receivers are on, unless something has changed from when I worked there.

I thought it was strange, myself. It's not like they have to run new cables or anything. But, that's what they told me on the phone, and sure enough, my wife said it just came on a couple of hours ago. Strange.

Mississippi Sooner
9/16/2010, 01:33 PM
On that same note, I had a similarly odd experience when I ordered the Utah State PPV from DishNet. I ordered it online a couple of days in advance, but when I turned it to the correct channel at 6:00, there was nothing there. Needless to say, my blood pressure hit a critical level in a hurry.

So, for lack of any better plan, I hit the reset button on the box. After going through all the reset song and dance, the game suddenly came on just a second before kickoff.

tator
9/16/2010, 02:46 PM
atdhe.net

this, or www.channelsurfing.com

King Barry's Back
9/16/2010, 08:41 PM
this, or www.channelsurfing.com

How do atdhe.net and channelsurfing compare to each other, and to justin.tv.

I am also in Germany, and watched the whole 09 season on justin, and it was less than satisfying. I'd like to find something better.

By the way, I can get a slingbox subscription for $150 per month that will let me watch TV just like I am sitting in New York, but the only thing I am paying that much to watch is OU football, and I don't know how often NY TV is going to carry Fox Sports Southwest, but I bet it's not often.

I already subscribe to ESPN Player, so I am only looking for something for non-ABC/ESPN games.

bent rider
9/16/2010, 10:51 PM
Its on Armed Forces Network if that helps anyone overseas.

SOFSooner
9/17/2010, 02:27 AM
It is now known as American Forces Network, I guess they had to include the Dept of State somehow. Sunny and very hot in Djibouti.

GKeeper316
9/17/2010, 02:43 AM
i watched the fsu game on my laptop at work and only had a couple freezes. mostly a pretty smooth web stream.

sendbaht
9/17/2010, 04:43 AM
Last week I watched OU and other games on my computer using
www.channelsurfing.com as posted above.

For some darn reason Justin-tv is now blocked in Thailand. Not sure why it worked so well as season. I miss it, but oh well.

Chuck Bao
9/17/2010, 06:18 AM
That channelsurfing site is not working for me. It automatically redirects to the Hasbro Toy website. Is that someone's idea of a joke?

For some reason, I get the impression that the Thai ISPs do not like the lopsided traffic flows where they have to pay the foreign carriers. It is either that or they are getting paid to protect the broadcast rights to European soccer. Whatever. It just sucks.

No1Better
9/17/2010, 11:40 AM
I've had success watching Sooner games on Justin.tv, but the other options listed above would be just as good.

sooner518
9/17/2010, 11:51 AM
How do atdhe.net and channelsurfing compare to each other, and to justin.tv.

I am also in Germany, and watched the whole 09 season on justin, and it was less than satisfying. I'd like to find something better.

If i had to rank them, I would say atdhe>channelsurfing>justin.tv

just in terms of clarity and reliability.

and its channelsurfing.net, not .com