PDA

View Full Version : Offending The Easily Offended: Yea or Nay?

FaninAma
9/15/2010, 09:21 PM
I say hell yes.

Yell "home of the Sooners."

Lite up a Koran.

Run amuck! Live on the edge!

And above all else help the easily offended achieve
their goal of being able to act offended.

Crucifax Autumn
9/15/2010, 09:26 PM
I'm offended you can't spell amok.

Dio
9/15/2010, 09:28 PM
Post reported!

tommieharris91
9/15/2010, 09:39 PM
I say hell yes.

Yell "home of the Sooners."

Lite up a Koran.

Run amuck! Live on the edge!

And above all else help the easily offended achieve
their goal of being able to act offended.

So you're all for people getting tattoos on their faces? What about people doing heroin?
/leroid

sooner59
9/16/2010, 12:04 AM
So you're all for people getting tattoos on their faces? What about people doing heroin?
/leroid

I think its a good look for him. :D

http://thewarrenreport.com/wp-content/uploads/mike-tyson.jpg

FaninAma
9/16/2010, 07:05 AM
I'm offended you can't spell amok.

I am offended you would point that out.

Actually I asked my wife if it was amuck or
amok and she said it was the former. So now
I am offended that you are making fun of my
wife's spelling.

Let me work up some rightous indignation and
I'll get back to you later.

Frozen Sooner
9/16/2010, 07:25 AM
I'm a little offended that people don't know that amok and amuck are two different words.

Crucifax Autumn
9/16/2010, 07:39 AM

wife's spelling.

:D

Oddly, I discovered your spelling is accepted, but not preferred. So technically your wife gave brilliant spelling tutoring.

Crucifax Autumn
9/16/2010, 07:41 AM
http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/run-amok.html

Oldnslo
9/16/2010, 09:39 AM
You know what cheezes me off?

People who stand for songs that aren't the National Anthem. America The Beautiful is a wonderful song, but why are you standing for it? Do you stand when you hear This Land is Your Land? (you know those songs go together, right?) You want to stand for songs that honor America? How about Route 66? The Heart of Rock and Roll? Livin' In the USA?

Where does it end? WHERE DOES IT END?!

Standing for all these non-Anthems diminishes the gesture of standing for the Actual National Anthem!

So there.

49r
9/16/2010, 10:45 AM
By God you better be standing up and putting your hand over your heart for this song!!! :mad:

qRCQypnVeXA

Otherwise I'll get offended.

SoonerBK
9/16/2010, 10:56 AM
You know what cheezes me off?

People who stand for songs that aren't the National Anthem. America The Beautiful is a wonderful song, but why are you standing for it? Do you stand when you hear This Land is Your Land? (you know those songs go together, right?) You want to stand for songs that honor America? How about Route 66? The Heart of Rock and Roll? Livin' In the USA?

Where does it end? WHERE DOES IT END?!

Standing for all these non-Anthems diminishes the gesture of standing for the Actual National Anthem!

So there.

I totally agree with this. That has buuged me for a while.

soonerbrat
9/16/2010, 11:44 AM

wife's spelling.

dictionary.com is your friend.

TUSooner
9/16/2010, 03:45 PM
*** You want to stand for songs that honor America? How about Route 66?.........

I always stand up for "Route 66."

Lee Greenwood? No thanks.

49r
9/16/2010, 05:00 PM
I always stand up for "Route 66."

Lee Greenwood? No thanks.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH LOU GREENWOOD!!!! :mad:

C&CDean
9/16/2010, 05:10 PM
Know what chaps me off? People who stand up before the Hallelujah Chorus in Handel's Messiah. Heathens.

badger
9/16/2010, 05:16 PM
It bothers me that people wear burnt orange Texas shirts around Norman, just to show that they can or whatever. They must think that laws and threat of lawsuits protect their freedom of expression to wear whatever shirts they want. Well, when someone dumps a blue freezie drink on them from behind and they ask me who did it, I didn't see a d@mn thing... and neither did the dozens of other Sooners standing around.

Bawwwwww... it's my right to wear burnt orange in Norman and nobody has the right to dump a blue freezie drink on meeee... bawwwwwww

salth2o
9/16/2010, 08:05 PM
I'm offended that light was misspelled and none of you f*ing hillbillies noticed it.

GottaHavePride
9/17/2010, 08:22 PM
The Heart of Rock and Roll?

Hey, I'd stand up for Huey F***ing Lewis.

By God you better be standing up and putting your hand over your heart for this song!!! :mad:

qRCQypnVeXA

Otherwise I'll get offended.

I hate that song. And it has nothing to do with patriotism or religion. I just think it's a crappy, overplayed song. Probably has to do with the fact that the first time I heard it was from some no-name hack with an electric guitar at a middle school assembly.

C&CDean
9/17/2010, 08:26 PM
Oh don't get me started on Greenwood's song. I was at a conference, and we all had to stand up and wave our arms and cry on cue to the POS. Yes, I'm very galdamn proud to be an American, but I don't need anyone to tell me how to process/prove it. I stayed in my seat and was called a commie by a totally liberal lesbian yainch. Cracked me up.