PDA

View Full Version : Who will be our next coach?

pilobolus
9/15/2010, 01:23 PM
I say bring Billy back.

NMSooner'80
9/16/2010, 01:55 PM
Did you know that he's already 75 years old?

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/16/2010, 01:58 PM
Plus you people would want Capel back as soon as we lost 146-124 in the first season

fwsooner22
9/16/2010, 02:40 PM
Wow does anybody realize how lucky we are to have Capel. Yes it's mess now but wow take a look at the early Billy years and the early Bliss years.

Give it a couple more years and then lets talk.

I have seen Billy recently he is done. Looks great but he's done with it.

texaspokieokie
9/16/2010, 03:14 PM
after Billy got OU into the final game; things started going downhill.

soonervegas
9/16/2010, 03:16 PM
I am going to go with Isiah Thomas. That's about how much Joe C. values the basketball program.

texaspokieokie
9/16/2010, 03:17 PM
Billy gave up coaching, didn't he ????

the_ouskull
9/16/2010, 08:30 PM
Re: Who will be our next coach?

A: Jeff Capel.

the_ouskull

Collier11
9/16/2010, 09:20 PM
another brilliant post, hooray

Sooner04
9/17/2010, 09:06 AM
after Billy got OU into the final game; things started going downhill.
You mean downhill as in spent time in both the '89 and '90 seasons as the #1 team in the country?

You mean downhill as in defeated the #1 team in the country THREE different times AFTER going to the final game?

pilobolus
9/17/2010, 09:16 AM
OU's prominence and tradition deserve better than Capel, he is obviously in over his head. He would already be a memory if he hadn't been lucky enough to have Blake briefly.

Crimsontothecore
9/17/2010, 09:45 AM
OU's prominence and tradition deserve better than Capel, he is obviously in over his head. He would already be a memory if he hadn't been lucky enough to have Blake briefly.
I attempted to come up with a sensible response to your question but to be honest, your "bring Billy back" suggestion kind of shot your credibility all to hell.

Bourbon St Sooner
9/17/2010, 09:46 AM
OU's prominence and tradition deserve better than pilobolus. He is obviously in over his head. He would be not even a memory because nobody cares about his stupid sh!t if he would just leave.

pilobolus
9/17/2010, 11:51 AM
I attempted to come up with a sensible response to your question but to be honest, your "bring Billy back" suggestion kind of shot your credibility all to hell.

I would be willing to bet he would do better than Capel and not get us in trouble with the NCAA either, even if he is 70-something. I guess many of you would just blindly follow Joe C. and Capel off a cliff, as if they can do no wrong, when obviously Capel's hiring was a mistake and he peaked year before last when he had Blake. I say the sooner we get someone new and capable, the sooner they can get things turned around. Meanwhile, some of you just keep your heads in the sand while the program deterioriates.

stoopified
9/17/2010, 12:01 PM
Re: Who will be our next coach?

A: Jeff Capel.

the_ouskullCrap,I actually agree with you.I sit here trying vainly to recall the last time THAT happened (at least on he bb board).

fwsooner22
9/17/2010, 12:03 PM
It's easy to criticize and the situation absolutely warrants it but Billy doesn't coach anymore. It's similar to saying we should get Coach Wooden to come back and he (of course) is dead.

I still believe in Coach Capel and Joe C. gave us Stoops and many other things (including way too expensive football tickets).

I bet Capel will be in Norman 5 years from now.

stoopified
9/17/2010, 04:20 PM
I would be willing to bet he would do better than Capel and not get us in trouble with the NCAA either, even if he is 70-something. I guess many of you would just blindly follow Joe C. and Capel off a cliff, as if they can do no wrong, when obviously Capel's hiring was a mistake and he peaked year before last when he had Blake. I say the sooner we get someone new and capable, the sooner they can get things turned around. Meanwhile, some of you just keep your heads in the sand while the program deterioriates.This gloom and doom is premature at the very least.Why is everything so dire? If we go 13-18 this year as well I could understand the wailing and gnashing of teeth but at this point ,this response is at the very least a little early. I am already on record as saying we will be around 18-14 this season,as I DO NOT think OUr basketball schooner is sinking.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/17/2010, 04:26 PM
Football and basketball are two completely different apples people. If you recruit two or three bad apples in football, the team can overcome their stupidity by never allowing these jerks to never play. In basketball, you recruit two or three bad apples, it sets your program back for 3 or 4 years. Why do you think Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky, etc. have struggled for 2 or 3 years in the last 20 years. Is it because Roy William and Coach K couldn't coach...no they just brought in a few wrong players.

Collier11
9/17/2010, 04:32 PM
Yea bud, look at UNCs record last year with what, 7 McDs AAs? Should Roy be fired?

Crimsontothecore
9/17/2010, 10:16 PM
I would be willing to bet he would do better than Capel and not get us in trouble with the NCAA either, even if he is 70-something. I guess many of you would just blindly follow Joe C. and Capel off a cliff, as if they can do no wrong, when obviously Capel's hiring was a mistake and he peaked year before last when he had Blake. I say the sooner we get someone new and capable, the sooner they can get things turned around. Meanwhile, some of you just keep your heads in the sand while the program deterioriates.

I prefer the sand as opposed to the orifice in which your head resides.