PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to...

Collier11
9/14/2010, 11:00 PM
That LBer from Georgia that was supposed to be a stud, Franklin? Has he just plummeted down the depth chart or what?

Crucifax Autumn
9/15/2010, 12:12 AM
He's my maid now.

goingoneight
9/15/2010, 08:20 AM
He played a lot in the Sun Bowl if that (#31) was him.

Soonermagik
9/15/2010, 08:27 AM
I've learned the recruiting stars don't mean crap.

In fairness to the Rivals/Scout people it's not their fault. It's hard to tell how good a guy is going up against crap talent. Almost anyone can play High School Football, especially in smaller schools. I believe this is why they miss so many times.

In smaller schools, I could be made to look like Drew Brees. However, once I got to college I would be exposed. People would stop quoting me that I could throw a football over them mountains.

Mad Dog Madsen
9/15/2010, 08:41 AM
I've learned the recruiting stars don't mean crap.

In fairness to the Rivals/Scout people it's not their fault. It's hard to tell how good a guy is going up against crap talent. Almost anyone can play High School Football, especially in smaller schools. I believe this is why they miss so many times.

In smaller schools, I could be made to look like Drew Brees. However, once I got to college I would be exposed. People would stop quoting me that I could throw a football over them mountains.

I don't even think he was that highly rated coming out of HS. Maybe 3 stars at best. He's only a soph. now right? I may be wrong though. He'll get his chance next year with Travis Lewis likely headed to the NFL and Ronnell likely to play the DE position.

CrimsonRez
9/15/2010, 09:06 AM
Ya you guys remember that 3 star that came out of PC North? Whatever happened to him?

Mad Dog Madsen
9/15/2010, 09:23 AM
That's original...

MojoRisen
9/15/2010, 09:32 AM
Franklin has learned all the LB positions from what I understand. He is servicable

oudavid1
9/15/2010, 10:16 AM
Ya you guys remember that 3 star that came out of PC North? Whatever happened to him?

I think he is in the pros, PC North however is 0-2

Curly Bill
9/17/2010, 05:52 PM
He was not a super highly rated recruit out of HS. He was a Rivals 3-star.

goingoneight
9/17/2010, 06:07 PM
... and sooneringeorgia wonders why we're not after Georgia kids. ;)

VA Sooner
9/17/2010, 06:35 PM
Tough to predict how good a kid will be. Scouting only picks up part of the story... too much about the athleticism but once they move to the next level and the next level after that... the intangibles set in.

From robbing a gas station early in his college career, who knew that Broyles would be such a stud and one of the Biletnikoff watch list receivers.

Scott D
9/17/2010, 11:23 PM
wasn't part of Franklin's issue that he's been slow to put on weight?

htownsooner7
9/18/2010, 10:19 AM
One of the other sites said that if Wort struggles, Franklin will play a lot. Seemed like a solid source but take it for what its worth.