View Full Version : Alabamas upcoming schedule

Collier11
9/14/2010, 02:30 PM
How do you see them coming out of this.

After Duke this weekend, Bama has

@Arky
Florida
@South Carolina

I really feel like they are losing one of those games, id like to see 2 losses but realistically Id say 2-1

BosworthXXXL
9/14/2010, 02:34 PM
W against florida

either of the road games could be a loss

KantoSooner
9/14/2010, 02:35 PM
2-1 minimum, in my view. Arky has the best chance. Florida is a wounded beast and weakening. South Carolina, eh, mebbe. But I don't trust them to get the job done.

Collier11
9/14/2010, 02:37 PM
South Carolina has the running game and defense that they could ugly up the game, I was actually leaning more towards the fightin visors over Arky or florida

BosworthXXXL
9/14/2010, 02:38 PM
2-1 minimum, in my view. Arky has the best chance. Florida is a wounded beast and weakening. South Carolina, eh, mebbe. But I don't trust them to get the job done.

they will probably be on an emotional high after beating florida which is why i could see a L against the gamecocks

sooner518
9/14/2010, 02:48 PM
Arky is overrated
florida blows
South Carolina isnt great but they have a good defense and a super-stud running back. If they will lose any of them, it will be this one.

primetime43
9/14/2010, 02:51 PM
Could the Ole Ball coach win the East? If he's going to do it this is the year.

EstablishedSooner1967
9/14/2010, 02:54 PM
Biggest game is @ the SC... the rest will be a trashing!

rawlingsHOH
9/14/2010, 02:54 PM
How do you see them coming out of this.

After Duke this weekend, Bama has

@Arky
Florida
@South Carolina

I really feel like they are losing one of those games, id like to see 2 losses but realistically Id say 2-1

History is probably with you. Prior to Bama last year, when was the last time a team ran the table in the SEC? Aurbun '04? I think that was the only other this decade, right?

TahoeSOONER
9/14/2010, 02:56 PM
One of the road games because both teams are capable.

Florida, not so much.

Mad Dog Madsen
9/14/2010, 03:14 PM
Hate to say it but they'll be 3-0 during that stretch. Mark it down...

BoulderSooner79
9/14/2010, 03:27 PM
Arkie (and Mallet) are over-rated until proven otherwise.

gators will be better by then and focused, but 'Bama wins at home.

Spurriers teams get close and do something bone-headed in the 4th.

delhalew
9/14/2010, 03:28 PM
South Carolina has the running game and defense that they could ugly up the game, I was actually leaning more towards the fightin visors over Arky or florida

This is the one.

KantoSooner
9/14/2010, 03:39 PM
Okay, Bosworth, I can buy that. I do look forward to watching Nickie kill Urbz one mo' time, though.
When you look into Urban's flat, reptilian eyes and see the spark of terror ignite and that of hope and life purpose begin to falter and flicker, well, it spells Maker's Mark time for me.
And make that a 'well balanced' glass, sir!

Mississippi Sooner
9/14/2010, 03:41 PM
I still can't believe Bama put Georgia State on their schedule this year. What a warm up to the SEC Championship. This is the first year GSU has ever played football, and I'm pretty sure Bama is the only 1-A school that scheduled them.

BoulderSooner79
9/14/2010, 03:42 PM
I still can't believe Bama put Georgia State on their schedule this year. What a warm up to the SEC Championship. This is the first year GSU has ever played football, and I'm pretty sure Bama is the only 1-A school that scheduled them.

Trap game! :)

Sooner in Tampa
9/14/2010, 04:17 PM
If I were a betting man, I would be they are 3-0

Arky ain't ****

Florida is a shell of how good they were last yr, Brantley has terrible issues with the snap, and they just lost Rainey.

The Cocks...now that joint was jumpin for the Georgia game. For a team that hasn't ever won a damn thing, they are some passionate mofo's...but the bottom line is...Garcia just isn't good enough, right now, to lead his team to a victory over the #1 team in the country. The D is lights out, and the running back is awesome...but I see Bama shutting down the run and forcing Garcia to win the game. Ain't gonna happen

JLEW1818
9/14/2010, 04:33 PM
C11

I've already made the Arky over Bama upset. (laughed at by some)

I will bump the thread before the game in 2 weeks!

BoulderSooner79
9/14/2010, 04:44 PM
C11

I could see it. It is going to take a team that will open up and challenge 'Bama's young defense and Arky seems to have that mindset. If teams play typical SEC conservative, field position FB, they are playing into 'Bama's strength. I'm not sure Arky has the talent to make it stick, though.

XingTheRubicon
9/14/2010, 04:50 PM
Arkansas is akin to this lazy-eyed whore I used to bang. She said her dad used to grab her by the arm and throw her into walls. She had an incredible body, but her face was indeed crooked. Anyway, Arky reminds me of her big time. The reason: Arkansas always does the opposite of what they should. They blow out Texas in Austin in '03, then they lose to UT at home the next year. '78 Orange Bowl, LSU in '07,@auburn a few years back, etc. Schizophrenic inbred freaks.

humblesooner
9/14/2010, 04:53 PM
History is probably with you. Prior to Bama last year, when was the last time a team ran the table in the SEC? Aurbun '04? I think that was the only other this decade, right?

Didn't Bama do it in the 2008 regular season?
Even though they lost to FL in the CCG, that was a pretty impressive 2 year run.

No1Better
9/14/2010, 04:55 PM
May sound out of left field, but Duke could beat the Tide. They have one of the best passers in the nation and actually resemble a quality team. I know it's a loooooooong shot, but if a few plays go their way - the Blue Devils could hang another one in the victory column.

Breadburner
9/14/2010, 04:59 PM
Only if Bama beats themselves do they have a loss at the end of those 3 games....

XingTheRubicon
9/14/2010, 05:02 PM
May sound out of left field, but Duke could beat the Tide. They have one of the best passers in the nation and actually resemble a quality team. I know it's a loooooooong shot, but if a few plays go their way - the Blue Devils could hang another one in the victory column.

Duke gave up 50+ points to Wake Forest.

Duke beating Bama this year is the same chance as me pooping a buick.

BoulderSooner79
9/14/2010, 05:16 PM
Arkansas is akin to this lazy-eyed whore I used to bang.

Wow, that's the exact analogy I was going to use.

delhalew
9/14/2010, 05:25 PM
If I were a betting man, I would be they are 3-0

Arky ain't ****

Florida is a shell of how good they were last yr, Brantley has terrible issues with the snap, and they just lost Rainey.

The Cocks...now that joint was jumpin for the Georgia game. For a team that hasn't ever won a damn thing, they are some passionate mofo's...but the bottom line is...Garcia just isn't good enough, right now, to lead his team to a victory over the #1 team in the country. The D is lights out, and the running back is awesome...but I see Bama shutting down the run and forcing Garcia to win the game. Ain't gonna happen

Not even Saban can get college kids to play to their potential in every game. I sense something about the Cocks this year. If Bama gets tired or loses focus for that game, they can be upset...even if the Cocks have a loss at that point.

Peach Fuzz
9/14/2010, 05:28 PM
so what you're saying is you banged your lazy eyed sister:confused:

kidding ;)

proudsoonergal
9/14/2010, 06:01 PM
Duke beating Bama this year is the same chance as me pooping a buick.

Heh. Which model?

:D

Frozen Sooner
9/14/2010, 06:03 PM
C11

Feel free. I stand by my assertion that until Ryan Mallet learns to run faster than a one-legged tree sloth, he's going to have problems with a Nick Saban-coached defense.

CBUS_SOONER
9/14/2010, 06:04 PM
I don't think they lose. The SEC is a little slower this yr. Actually, I am predicting that this is the yr several don't lose. Us, tosu, bama, oregon, TCU, Boise, etc... The pac 10 and lil 10 suck... I think four teams run the table.

Sabanball
9/14/2010, 06:15 PM
Hate to say it but they'll be 3-0 during that stretch. Mark it down...

I like how you think!:)

Of the three, South Carolina concerns me the most. Lattimore is a beast-- and I'm predicting he wins or is at least a Heisman finalist before he goes pro in three years. They are also very stout on D.

The CW down here is that the toughest of the three will be in Fayetteville but I'm withholding my judgment on the Arkie game until this saturday when the hogs go to Athens, GA. Remember, Mallett didn't have a very good day against us last year and lost 35-7, spending most of that day running for his life. Our secondary is younger this year, but with our killer pass rush(including a fresh and rested Marcel Dareus) I still like our chances.

As for Florida, they haven't been that impressive to me and they just don't seem to be versatile on O as they were with Tebow, and I actually think the ole ball coach and the gamecocks are going to challenge them in the SEC East this year. That being said, I'm not going to sell Urban Meyer short. The gators may just be sleepwalking right now--their problems that I have seen are very correctable. They still have the talent edge over every team in our conference, except the Tide.

Okie35
9/14/2010, 06:17 PM
They won't lose to Arkansas they really have no defense. They can possibly lose to South Carolina and/or Auburn. Will it happen though? probably not.

bigjim1216
9/14/2010, 06:22 PM
I can't say which one it will be, but I'd bet they can't run the table. On the other hand if the Sooners run the table they are there

Crucifax Autumn
9/14/2010, 07:02 PM
SC if anyone.

Collier11
9/14/2010, 07:05 PM
I like how you think!:)

Of the three, South Carolina concerns me the most. Lattimore is a beast-- and I'm predicting he wins or is at least a Heisman finalist before he goes pro in three years. They are also very stout on D.

The CW down here is that the toughest of the three will be in Fayetteville but I'm withholding my judgment on the Arkie game until this saturday when the hogs go to Athens, GA. Remember, Mallett didn't have a very good day against us last year and lost 35-7, spending most of that day running for his life. Our secondary is younger this year, but with our killer pass rush(including a fresh and rested Marcel Dareus) I still like our chances.

As for Florida, they haven't been that impressive to me and they just don't seem to be versatile on O as they were with Tebow, and I actually think the ole ball coach and the gamecocks are going to challenge them in the SEC East this year. That being said, I'm not going to sell Urban Meyer short. The gators may just be sleepwalking right now--their problems that I have seen are very correctable. They still have the talent edge over every team in our conference, except the Tide.

How has your young DBs looked this year so far?

Tigeman
9/14/2010, 07:19 PM
I don't think they lose. The SEC is a little slower this yr. Actually, I am predicting that this is the yr several don't lose. Us, tosu, bama, oregon, TCU, Boise, etc... The pac 10 and lil 10 suck... I think four teams run the table.

I said this very thing earlier today! Except tOSU is gonna lose to Michigan due to their QB, and possibly to IOWA @ Iowa as well.

But if were forced to choose just one because a gun was to my head, I would say none of the above, but instead Auburn! I think you just can't prepare for a guy like Cam w/ your scout team. We know Saban knows how to coach against a Tebow like character w/ a veteran defense. But how will his young defense handle a player like this? This is the only real stumbling block I see for Bama this year, but it's at Home so I don't see them losing it. But IF it happens.... this is the game.

Okie35
9/14/2010, 07:25 PM
I said this very thing earlier today! Except tOSU is gonna lose to Michigan due to their QB, and possibly to IOWA @ Iowa as well.

But if were forced to choose just one because a gun was to my head, I would say none of the above, but instead Auburn! I think you just can't prepare for a guy like Cam w/ your scout team. We know Saban knows how to coach against a Tebow like character w/ a veteran defense. But how will his young defense handle a player like this? This is the only real stumbling block I see for Bama this year, but it's at Home so I don't see them losing it. But IF it happens.... this is the game.

tOSU will lose at Iowa. No question. They'll beat Michigan.

Sabanball
9/14/2010, 07:51 PM
How has your young DBs looked this year so far?

They looked great against San Jose St, but I think some weakness and vulnerability was exposed against Penn St. All of that though I would attribute strictly to inexperience. Both our corners were 5 star recruits and so was nearly everyone else in our backfield, given time in our system and one-on-one coaching from Nick, I'm not worried. Saban may be the best evaluator and developer of defensive back talent that there is in the game.

Sabanball
9/14/2010, 07:55 PM

Easy....leave a laptop in his backfield.:D

SouthCarolinaSooner
9/14/2010, 08:19 PM
South Carolina will be a trap game. They have no business scheduling Georgia State and that game ought to count as a loss in the BCS, Georgia State lost to Lambuth this weekend with is a NAIA school with an enrollment around 2000...

JLEW1818
9/14/2010, 08:20 PM
i kinda consider arky a trap game ...

Collier11
9/14/2010, 08:20 PM
In all fairness, Georgia St is a first year program and the coach is ex-Bama coach Bill Curry, im sure its for the $ and the exposure as a favor

Crucifax Autumn
9/14/2010, 08:40 PM
Yeah, but we can still make fun of them!

delhalew
9/14/2010, 08:45 PM
Georgia State has one hell of a radio station... Album 88 on 88.5. Best college radio station EVAR.

Sabanball
9/14/2010, 09:09 PM
In all fairness, Georgia St is a first year program and the coach is ex-Bama coach Bill Curry, im sure its for the $ and the exposure as a favor

This^^^^.

They are a start-up program in Atlanta and need the money. They also enabled us, by agreeing to a thurs night game, to give us a 10 day prep period for our biggest rivalry game.

BTW, those of you that are saying that our contests with South Carolina and Ark are trap games are a little off base. No way we take those games lightly.

BoulderSooner79
9/14/2010, 09:11 PM

That was my first thought and I'm sure it's a big favor. Probably covers their budget for the year.

Frozen Sooner
9/14/2010, 10:15 PM
Yeah, but we can still make fun of them!

For playing Utah State?

JLEW1818
9/14/2010, 10:16 PM
Utah State was better than Florida State

:D

stoops the eternal pimp
9/14/2010, 10:23 PM
Im finding the comparisons of Lattimore to Peterson I've heard comical

Collier11
9/14/2010, 10:46 PM
True, Lattimore does run in constant beast mode and has amazing balance but the speed is not there

stoops the eternal pimp
9/14/2010, 10:49 PM
yeah....He doesn't have the speed or power of Peterson at the same age

Frozen Sooner
9/14/2010, 10:49 PM
He just looks slower because he's being chased by SEC players. ;)

turner78
9/15/2010, 01:02 AM
[For a team that hasn't ever won a damn thing, they are some passionate mofo's]

Have you ever been to Stillwater?

Collier11
9/15/2010, 01:41 AM
yea, theyre so passionate they cant even fill up their brand new sparkling stadium

Crucifax Autumn
9/15/2010, 01:45 AM
But the ones who do are fully delusional!

Collier11
9/15/2010, 01:47 AM
delusional, retarded...tomato, tomotto

Crucifax Autumn
9/15/2010, 01:52 AM
You shouldn't make fun of inbred people with learning disabilities.

Collier11
9/15/2010, 01:53 AM
uh huh

CBUS_SOONER
9/15/2010, 06:44 AM
tOSU will lose at Iowa. No question. They'll beat Michigan.

Big ten fans every single yr talk about how great Iowa and Wisconsin are... I'm not buying it