PDA

View Full Version : Is FSU #74 gonna be suspended?

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/14/2010, 02:11 PM
What, if anything, has happened concerning the FSU goon shoving our guy into the bench while out of bounds? He seemed to be very happy with himself afterwards.

Any news?

rawlingsHOH
9/14/2010, 02:15 PM
Suspended from sitting the bench?

Soonerntxs
9/14/2010, 02:15 PM
I say send him to saxet dress him up in burnt baby shat orange and let Mr Lewis have two running plays. (ok, 1 running play, wouldn't want to be unsportsmanlike)

On a serious note* I hope the UNIV. or Coach does something, this is something that needs to be delt with.

Soonerus
9/14/2010, 02:18 PM
FSU coaches should suspend him one game...that was b.s...

Boomer.....
9/14/2010, 02:25 PM
The referees flagged the play for 15 yards, while the TV broadcast showed replays of the incident along with shots of Erving on the sideline, apparently laughing.

Fisher said he only saw the play later on film, and that Erving had already received a punishment, though he didn't go into specifics.

"That was taken care of at 7:30 this morning," Fisher said. "…No excuse. That's not the way we're going to play. That's not the class we're going to exhibit. We're not going to tolerate that."

Fisher added: "The guy is a young guy and sometimes you get caught up in that, thinking the way you do things, and that's not the way we're going to do things."

They are just handling it internally.

It's on the other thread.

EstablishedSooner1967
9/14/2010, 02:56 PM
Fisher said, they were going to deal with it internally.. the kid had to be at practice at 7:30am... so, I'm sure he was running.

Boomer.....
9/14/2010, 03:19 PM
:confused:

sooner518
9/14/2010, 03:21 PM
i really didnt think it was that big a deal. a penalty, yes, but people on this board are acting like he tried to throw acid on Broyles' face. guys on the sidelines push the other team all the time. a suspension seems like overkill

Collier11
9/14/2010, 03:24 PM
No reason for a suspension, this happens more than you think, it just so happens that the cameras caught his big stupid grin

IB4OU2
9/14/2010, 03:26 PM
Jimbo has already taken care of this problem.

BoulderSooner79
9/14/2010, 03:33 PM
i really didnt think it was that big a deal. a penalty, yes, but people on this board are acting like he tried to throw acid on Broyles' face. guys on the sidelines push the other team all the time. a suspension seems like overkill

^This. It just a shove and a weak one at that. Just a stupid kid that embarrassed his coach and teammates. I'm guessing the coach embarrassed him in front of the team at the next practice.

MiccoMacey
9/14/2010, 03:35 PM
No need...I'd imagine the shame and embarrassment he's going to get from his teammates riding him will be pretty good.

That, and the extra running/conditioning he got from Fisher early in the morning will probably be enough.

GimmeRed
9/14/2010, 03:58 PM
Many of you don't remember Mickey Joseph do you?

Phil
9/14/2010, 04:04 PM
Many of you don't remember Mickey Joseph do you?

That was a legal hit by guys who were in the game. Big difference. That and Broyles didn't end up with his leg sliced to the bone by an aluminum bench.

humblesooner
9/14/2010, 04:16 PM
That was a legal hit by guys who were in the game. Big difference. That and Broyles didn't end up with his leg sliced to the bone by an aluminum bench.

'Zactly

cvsooner
9/14/2010, 04:20 PM
Broyles had the best response, really. He opens up his arms with a "What was that?" body language towards the guy and then jogs back onto the field.

BoulderSooner79
9/14/2010, 04:21 PM
Broyles had the best response, really. He opens up his arms with a "What was that?" body language towards the guy and then jogs back onto the field.

Yep. Try to draw the 2nd flag and then get back to bidness.

NoleMan
9/14/2010, 05:05 PM
He's being forced to sit in an 8 x 15 room and watch America's Stupidest Videos Caught On Tape all day today, followed by midnight viewings of Stone Cold and The Longest Yard while listening to Boomer Sooner being looped in the background.

stoopified
9/14/2010, 05:13 PM
I hope he ran staium steps til he puked.

BoulderSooner79
9/14/2010, 05:14 PM
He's being forced to sit in an 8 x 15 room and watch America's Stupidest Videos Caught On Tape all day today, followed by midnight viewings of Stone Cold and The Longest Yard while listening to Boomer Sooner being looped in the background.

That's harsh!

Thanks for the update, NoleMan :)

TXBOOMER
9/14/2010, 05:17 PM
Was the dudes last name Schmidt?

AlbqSooner
9/14/2010, 07:36 PM
Word out of Tallahassee was that during Monday's practice, he was locked in a dark shed and not allowed to sit down.:D

olevetonahill
9/14/2010, 07:40 PM
Word out of Tallahassee was that during Monday's practice, he was locked in a dark shed and not allowed to sit down.:D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :cool:

OUthunder
9/14/2010, 09:12 PM
Fisher said, they were going to deal with it internally.. the kid had to be at practice at 7:30am... so, I'm sure he was running.

Or only give seconds on pancakes, eggs, and sausage instead of 5 trips thru the buffet line.

BoulderSooner79
9/14/2010, 09:14 PM
Or only give seconds on pancakes, eggs, and sausage instead of 5 trips thru the buffet line.

Uh, we don't cross over into "cruel and unusual" in this country.

jkjsooner
9/14/2010, 09:30 PM

That play was the first thing I thought of. I believe we padded he benches because of that play.

I remember being a dumb a**, yelling stupid stuff like "way to knock him out." In my defense at the time I thought he just got his bell rung. I've matured a bit in the almost 20 years since that happened and I try not to make an a** out of myself like that.

SoonerLB
9/14/2010, 09:58 PM
I hope the 'Jerk with the smirk' gets everything he has coming to him! Just sayin' . . . . . ;)

rainiersooner
9/14/2010, 10:07 PM
What happened to Mickey Joseph? I googled it, couldn't find anything.

King Barry's Back
9/14/2010, 10:16 PM
What happened to Mickey Joseph? I googled it, couldn't find anything.

Just going from memory, he was a Nebraska QB back in the Gary Gibbs era. He was playing in Norman, in incidentally what was Gibbs's probable biggest win.

He was tackled along the sidelines and fell onto the team benches. The aluminum bench cut his leg open, and I guess ended his season -- but OU/Nebraska in those days was played in late November anyway.

I don't recall if it was a late hit or not, but it was an actual game tacke -- not some extracurricular activity by some sub.

That FSU incident brought to my mind the game a couple of years ago at Washington, when those losers triple teamed (name escapes me) and knocked him out for half the year. I'd like to know what happened to those three. EDIT: I believe it was DeMarcus Granger.

turner78
9/14/2010, 10:43 PM
I think Broyles handled it perfectly, stayed cool and didnt shove back like he wanted to.

BoulderSooner79
9/14/2010, 11:26 PM
Just going from memory, he was a Nebraska QB back in the Gary Gibbs era. He was playing in Norman, in incidentally what was Gibbs's probable biggest win.

He was tackled along the sidelines and fell onto the team benches. The aluminum bench cut his leg open, and I guess ended his season -- but OU/Nebraska in those days was played in late November anyway.

I don't recall if it was a late hit or not, but it was an actual game tacke -- not some extracurricular activity by some sub.

That FSU incident brought to my mind the game a couple of years ago at Washington, when those losers triple teamed (name escapes me) and knocked him out for half the year. I'd like to know what happened to those three. EDIT: I believe it was DeMarcus Granger.

It was Granger and that seemed to be the start of his playing decline as he never really recovered from that. That was one of the worst such incidents I've seen because they obviously planned it in the huddle. It badly damaged Granger's foot and he could not really push off after that.

turner78
9/15/2010, 01:19 AM
I think he should be publicly castrated, morons like that sure as hell dont need to breed. (I think its the smug look that pisses me off)

Crucifax Autumn
9/15/2010, 01:22 AM
Yeah, if not for that stupid grin he kept sporting for several minutes I'd blow it off, but thanks to that smile, I hope all his teef fall out.