PDA

View Full Version : Limited Sympathy Clause

JohnnyMack
9/14/2010, 10:12 AM
Yay for you. You got released. But why in hell were you hiking between the border of Iraq and Iran in the first place? I just have a hard time having sympathy for people who put themselves in dumb situations.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/09/14/irans-state-tv-says-woman-freed-year-prison/

olevetonahill
9/14/2010, 10:44 AM
I agree bro , Much like those idiots that ole Kimjongdong caught

Okla-homey
9/14/2010, 11:11 AM
or US parents who let Junior travel to Pakistan for madrasa training then get all defensive when Junior is captured on an Afghan battlefield by US forces.

Yeah, YOU, Mr. and Mrs. Lindh. May your boy rot in the federal klink 'til he dies of butt cancer.

texaspokieokie
9/14/2010, 11:18 AM
don't want to find out that US put up 500k bail money.

BillyBall
9/14/2010, 11:51 AM
Yay for you. You got released. But why in hell were you hiking between the border of Iraq and Iran in the first place? I just have a hard time having sympathy for people who put themselves in dumb situations.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/09/14/irans-state-tv-says-woman-freed-year-prison/

I feel this way about people who get hit by trains.

saucysoonergal
9/14/2010, 11:59 AM
Let her out she has CERVICAL WARTS!!!!

Tulsa_Fireman
9/14/2010, 12:07 PM
That's hawt.

SunnySooner
9/14/2010, 12:38 PM
When I lived in the Pac NW, it was "I wonder how many people they're going to pull off Mt. Ranier/Hood/Fillintheblank this year." Because every year, "hikers" had to be rescued or recovered in howling snowstorms by people who then had to endanger their own lives in complicated helicopter operations, etc.

You should have to sign a release before you get to go hiking, especially during certain times of the year..."If I turn myself into a broken popsicle, I understand it's my own stupidity that put me there when I could have been home on the couch watching National Geographic and drinking hot chocolate, and that no one will be coming for me." Limited sympathy indeed...I'm sorry you were born with only half a brain.

Collier11
9/14/2010, 12:48 PM
if we would just blow up Iran and Iraq then our idiots wouldnt be hiking between the borders, problem fixed :D

Chuck Bao
9/14/2010, 01:45 PM
I agree to some degree. But, I also resemble that when I was young and stupid.

I was really stupid when I hiked to a Karen rebel camp across the Burma border, which was really a war zone. Surprisingly, a $50 donation to their cause or the equivalent in medical supplies would get me a "tourist" guide. I would have given them that anyway because this particular faction of Karen is largely Christian and supporting the Karen refugees in Thailand is my major cause.

Or, it could be getting lost in a leach-infested jungle near the Burma border. Obviously, that was without a "tourist" guide. It got dark and starting raining and we didn't even have a flashlight. Luckily, my friend didn't let me just lay down and die or allow me to pitch our tent where the wild elephants had been the previous night.

That was my last big adventure. I learned my lesson and I guess that I am really, really lucky.

Yeah, those kids are dumbasses.

GrapevineSooner
9/14/2010, 05:38 PM
Can we work Rachel Corrie into this thread somehow?

Chuck Bao
9/15/2010, 12:06 PM
Can we work Rachel Corrie into this thread somehow?

I think you just did. Good jorb!!!

I had forgotten about that. If I ever visit the Middle East, it is a good thing to remember to never get in front of a bulldozer. I somehow think that being an American means so much less there than anywhere else in the world.

Okay, maybe only Mexico comes in as a close second because of the shakedown potential for utter stupidity.

Do any of you remember ads on American TV in the 70s about carrying drugs across international borders being a death sentence in some countries? I think carrying heroin is still a death sentence in Malaysia and Singapore. Do they still carry those ads? Maybe not because the drug cartels are using very cheap Nigerians and now the Thai prison system is already full of them.

And then speaking of stupidity, do any of you remember the two American women who were helping to build houses in Afghanistan for a Christian organization and then were kidnapped? Yeah, one of them was my cousin. I didn't know until my mom asked me to pray for her. Yeah, she was safely released and probably wrote a book about it. I would not buy the book because that just seems to be supporting more stupidity.