PDA

View Full Version : Horns at Red Raiders

meoveryouxinfinity
9/14/2010, 07:55 AM
Saturday 7:00 PM CT.

What are your thoughts about this game? I think Tech gets out to a big lead early but Texas fights back into the game late. Kind of like 2008. Except neither team is nearly as good.

texaspokieokie
9/14/2010, 07:59 AM
hope tech gets a big lead,early, & extends it thru-out the game.

to me, tech is a complete question mark.

Crucifax Autumn
9/14/2010, 07:59 AM
It would be nice to see them both suck.

btk108
9/14/2010, 08:02 AM
Saturday 7:00 PM CT.

What are your thoughts about this game? I think Tech gets out to a big lead early but Texas fights back into the game late. Kind of like 2008. Except neither team is nearly as good.

Why are you still packing for Omaha? I think yer still wearing your drunky shorts :D

Great to see you at the TG last saturday!

C&CDean
9/14/2010, 08:02 AM
I hope they play to a 0-0 tie.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/14/2010, 08:13 AM
Why are you still packing for Omaha? I think yer still wearing your drunky shorts :D

Great to see you at the TG last saturday!

You know.. for next summer! haha. i just got called out huh.. better go change it.

Crucifax Autumn
9/14/2010, 08:14 AM

As always, Dean offers up the true wisdom.

gaylordfan1
9/14/2010, 08:18 AM
I have watched both * games, well most of them. I think they have been playing pretty conservative. Still, not sure how good their offense is. I do think their D will be stout. I hope Tech plays them close. I actually would like * to win a close game. I want them unscathed when we meet them in 3 weeks.... then blow out Tech when we play them. I really don't care as long as we beat both of them.... if that happens it will all work itself out.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/14/2010, 08:25 AM
I bet leach would have won this game.

olevetonahill
9/14/2010, 08:32 AM
Rootin fer either one of em is kinda like rootin fer one stray dog or another fightin over a turd sammich :eek:

btk108
9/14/2010, 08:33 AM
I bet leach would have won this game.

^^this^^

Jacie
9/14/2010, 08:34 AM
Tech has given up first half points in both games this year, SMU (21) and New Mexico (17), so don't look for them to get a big lead early against sa*et.

Gilby was slow to get UT's offense going against Wyoming last week but he looked like Ponyboy in the second half, running and throwing the whorns down the field. I think he will do better early in an away game than at home in front of 80,000 rabid orange fans. Plus, the whorn offense seemed to wake up after falling behind the Cowboys, though even on defense they didn't totally dominate them. The 34-7 final loses a bit of luster when you factor in the touchdown they scored by the starters with less than a minute to play. It will be interesting to see how Mack and the offense respond if it is a close game or they are trailing late. MB is 3-3 when playing in Lubbock . . .

Crucifax Autumn
9/14/2010, 08:37 AM
Who cares as long as we bury them?

rawlingsHOH
9/14/2010, 08:41 AM
I'll gladly root for Tech.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/14/2010, 08:41 AM
Tech has given up first half points in both games this year, SMU (21) and New Mexico (17), so don't look for them to get a big lead early against sa*et.

Gilby was slow to get UT's offense going against Wyoming last week but he looked like Ponyboy in the second half, running and throwing the whorns down the field. I think he will do better early in an away game than at home in front of 80,000 rabid orange fans. Plus, the whorn offense seemed to wake up after falling behind the Cowboys, though even on defense they didn't totally dominate them. The 34-7 final loses a bit of luster when you factor in the touchdown they scored by the starters with less than a minute to play. It will be interesting to see how Mack and the offense respond if it is a close game or they are trailing late. MB is 3-3 when playing in Lubbock . . .
Really? Why would you think Texas and Gilbert would come out stronger in the first half in an away game than at home?

That is really stretching. I think Tech will get out to a lead because this is Gilbert's first away game start. Ever. Tech is an incredibly hard place to play in the same light that Owen Field is. Sure, it may not be the loudest, but the team feeds off the fans and vice versa. I assure you it will be loud and crazy if Tech builds any lead at any point in the first quarter and even louder when Texas sends their untested qb out there.

Texas's defense will have to carry the entire load for the whole game. Sure, they can win. They probably are the better team from top to bottom--they usually are. But they are young. Tech is at home. And SMU and NM are better than Wyoming and Rice.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/14/2010, 08:43 AM
Who cares as long as we bury them?

I don't care about the outcome, but I do think it's a very interesting game and we really don't know ANYTHING about either team. I'd stay far away from this one.

But like I said, I'd pick Tech if I knew Leach was the one game planning.

Crucifax Autumn
9/14/2010, 08:43 AM
They were "better" in 08 too.

Just sayin'.

btk108
9/14/2010, 09:36 AM
Really? Why would you think Texas and Gilbert would come out stronger in the first half in an away game than at home?

That is really stretching. I think Tech will get out to a lead because this is Gilbert's first away game start. Ever. Tech is an incredibly hard place to play in the same light that Owen Field is. Sure, it may not be the loudest, but the team feeds off the fans and vice versa. I assure you it will be loud and crazy if Tech builds any lead at any point in the first quarter and even louder when Texas sends their untested qb out there.

Texas's defense will have to carry the entire load for the whole game. Sure, they can win. They probably are the better team from top to bottom--they usually are. But they are young. Tech is at home. And SMU and NM are better than Wyoming and Rice.

She's fiesty, isn't she.........

SoonerInLubbock
9/14/2010, 10:33 AM
Sooner fan till i die! However living in Lubbock tends to make me root them on every game except 1. Plus my deep hatred of the burnt orange gets my fire going as well.

Tech takes an early lead 21-7 at halftime. texas makes a comeback in the 4th quarter to tie the game 21-21. Tech then runs the ball to kill time and wins with a 22 yrd field goal final score Tech 24 texas 21. Crowd rushes field, the fans rip out the bleachers and catch the Jones on fire, all in support of their dark horse team. I will be watching this one from the nose bleeds. Wearing a black t and my black OU cap with black ghost OU lettering being incognito. :pop: Can't wait!!

Now if I'm wrong I'll be in the parking lot drinkin beer and hitting on some cute co ed. "hey baby once you go crimson and cream", okay I've got nothin? Help me finish this sentence.

proudsoonergal
9/14/2010, 10:43 AM
I'll gladly root for Tech.

^^This^^

Okie35
9/14/2010, 10:57 AM
I hope I'm wrong but I'm saying the Whorns barely winning. Tech will come out and be up a good margin and * will come back. 28-24.

sooneron
9/14/2010, 11:00 AM
I have watched both * games, well most of them. I think they have been playing pretty conservative. Still, not sure how good their offense is. I do think their D will be stout. I hope Tech plays them close. I actually would like * to win a close game. I want them unscathed when we meet them in 3 weeks.... then blow out Tech when we play them. I really don't care as long as we beat both of them.... if that happens it will all work itself out.

I must have been watching a different point of the rice game as I thought their D looked a little suspect up the middle.

oudavid1
9/14/2010, 12:27 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/wreck_em_bumper_sticker-p128912214577381685tmn6_210.jpg

PalmBeachSooner
9/14/2010, 12:57 PM
I hope to be passed out on the couch so I don't have to be bothered with it but I doubt it's going to happen since my wife is a Horn...but a very pretty one so I forgive her.

Soonerntxs
9/14/2010, 01:04 PM
Sooner fan till i die! However living in Lubbock tends to make me root them on every game except 1. Plus my deep hatred of the burnt orange gets my fire going as well.

Tech takes an early lead 21-7 at halftime. texas makes a comeback in the 4th quarter to tie the game 21-21. Tech then runs the ball to kill time and wins with a 22 yrd field goal final score Tech 24 texas 21. Crowd rushes field, the fans rip out the bleachers and catch the Jones on fire, all in support of their dark horse team. I will be watching this one from the nose bleeds. Wearing a black t and my black OU cap with black ghost OU lettering being incognito. :pop: Can't wait!!

Now if I'm wrong I'll be in the parking lot drinkin beer and hitting on some cute co ed. "hey baby once you go crimson and cream", okay I've got nothin? Help me finish this sentence.

This is the best I could come up with, hope it helps!

" hey baby, thats right, you know you want to join my "O" Club!":eek:

Jacie
9/14/2010, 01:30 PM

I think there is a lot of pressure on Gilby to be the next Ponyboy, and when he walks onto the field at DKR Memorial, I bet he feels everyone of 80,000 people watching his every move. Better to be booed at an away game for doing something good than by the home fans for doing something bad.

And while he did not start the game, he has already played a lot in the biggest game of anyone's career . . .

yankee
9/14/2010, 01:39 PM
i have a friend who's on the film crew for ttech...and while it looks like the whorns have kept their offense pretty vanilla, apparently so have the sand aggies. i still think taylor potts is an meltdown waiting to happen, so it wouldn't surprise me at all to see this be a low scoring game...and if that's the case, i would give the edge to the whorns. i'll be pulling for the raiders though, and wouldn't mind seeing a loss for the cows.

47straight
9/14/2010, 02:09 PM
I think the Horns win. I can't really break it down X's and O's why.

Maybe it's because I'm just not that lucky. Horns losing would make life much, much better really quick.

I don't know if I've shared this, but the beauty of Texas losing isn't rubbing it in their face, or benefiting OU (which it does, and I appreciate that).

The real amazing thing about Texas losing is that it shuts their fans up. They just go away. In the end, I don't care if they're happy or sad, just as long as they're gone.

Lid and occasionally Herr excluded.

ouflak
9/14/2010, 02:29 PM
"Hey baby, once you go crimson and cream",...
[Blank][Blank][Censored] ream.

Booner
9/14/2010, 02:35 PM
I think the * game and the A&M game are equivalent to the super bowl for TTech. Since this is Tuberville's first year, he'll cement his status if he wins against *. I think it's going to be a very close game. In the end, I think TTech actually pulls out the victory.

Spritekid
9/14/2010, 03:59 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the shorthorns fall to Tech by 10.

btk108
9/14/2010, 04:05 PM
I'm going with Tech....

BillyBall
9/14/2010, 04:08 PM
I think it will be a close game with Texas winning. Something like 31-27.

OU Engineer
9/14/2010, 04:18 PM
Can both teams lose?

I pick that option.

mhackl
9/14/2010, 04:31 PM
I always wish ill for the Whorns when it's an option, but unfortunately they're the ranked meal ticket on our schedule.

Gotta pull for the Whorns by the minimum margin required for them to maintain stature in the polls.

Okie35
9/14/2010, 06:00 PM
I must have been watching a different point of the rice game as I thought their D looked a little suspect up the middle.

Their defense is suspect, period.

sendbaht
9/14/2010, 06:14 PM
If Mac doesn't "run OUt of time" which I hope he does TT can win.

I hope I hope I hope....

Dan Thompson
9/14/2010, 06:52 PM
The odds are Texas by 3 or 3 1/2.

AlbqSooner
9/14/2010, 07:46 PM

Hell Dean, if they are going to play to a tie, make it 2-2.

stoopified
9/14/2010, 07:50 PM
hope tech gets a big lead,early, & extends it thru-out the game.

to me, tech is a complete question mark.Ditto

TXBOOMER
9/14/2010, 08:12 PM
Tech by 2...30-28. texass will struggle with road pressure this year.

TXBOOMER
9/14/2010, 08:13 PM
I always wish ill for the Whorns when it's an option, but unfortunately they're the ranked meal ticket on our schedule.

Gotta pull for the Whorns by the minimum margin required for them to maintain stature in the polls.

If we are undefeated we play for the nutz regardless. F texass!

proudsoonergal
9/14/2010, 08:22 PM
Texas' D will be the thing that keeps them in this game. I don't know much about Tech's D, other than they gave up yards/points to SMU, but they can't be worse than Rice/Wyoming, especially in Lubbock.

Texas has started every game slow this year. They did that in many of their games last year; the difference was Colt was able to make some plays and get them moving. Don't know yet if Gilbert can do it, and there is no Jordan Shipley security blanket, like there was in the Bama game.

SapulpaSooner
9/14/2010, 10:30 PM
Texas 30 Tech 27

picasso
9/14/2010, 10:33 PM
I predict the Tech coach will have big ears.

mightysooner
9/14/2010, 11:43 PM
Texas is only getting three points. Vegas thinks this will be a game. I see Texas having to make a late drive to kick a game wining field goal with under a minute left reminiscent of the Big XII title game last season.

BoulderSooner79
9/15/2010, 12:43 AM
Tech has put up some big passing numbers so far and that surprises me. I figured Tommy would resort to SEC ball and go conservative. But I suspect the horns will be too good in the secondary for Tech's offense.

ouduckhunter
9/15/2010, 12:43 AM
28-21 TT over the Whorns! Go Coach T!

turner78
9/15/2010, 01:21 AM
I think this is going to be a hell of a game

Jacie
9/15/2010, 06:29 AM
Tech has put up some big passing numbers so far and that surprises me. I figured Tommy would resort to SEC ball and go conservative. But I suspect the horns will be too good in the secondary for Tech's offense.

I wouldn't get too excited over Tech's stats after games against SMU & New Mexico . . .

picasso
9/15/2010, 08:36 AM
Oh I would. New Mexico is bar far the best team in New Mexico.

TexasLidig8r
9/15/2010, 09:33 AM
THE University of Texas 27

THE Home of STDs 13