PDA

View Full Version : Mexico to legalize recreational reefer

Okla-homey
9/14/2010, 06:31 AM
Looks like it is going to happen. This fall.

They're finally doing something that might help cut down on the narco-violence that is destroying their northern states.

Hopefully the Estados Unidos will do the same someday.

That is all.

Crucifax Autumn
9/14/2010, 08:07 AM
Looks like I may have to vacation in Mexico soon if NV and CA don't pass their bills. lol

But seriously, what happens when someone fails a drug test at their job or probation when they were smoking legally somewhere else? Could make for fun court-watching.

yermom
9/14/2010, 08:16 AM
if a company can fire you for smoking cigarettes, i don't see why they couldn't fire you for smoking weed

Mississippi Sooner
9/14/2010, 08:23 AM
Looks like I may have to vacation in Mexico soon if NV and CA don't pass their bills. lol

But seriously, what happens when someone fails a drug test at their job or probation when they were smoking legally somewhere else? Could make for fun court-watching.

My daughter in law had a moment of paranoia while pondering that question after a trip to Amsterdam last year. I told her she shoulda thought about that before she went into the coffee shop. :D

But really, I don't know if Mexico legalizing it will curb the violence too much until it's legalized up here. The US is still the primary consumer. Until there is a legal import/export deal in place, we'll still have the drug gangs killing each other, and innocent bystanders, over it. At least, that's the way it looks to me.

yermom
9/14/2010, 08:28 AM
they'll have a fresh batch of tourists to kidnap now though ;)

seems this would put some pressure on the border states to start legalizing it

Crucifax Autumn
9/14/2010, 08:33 AM
We'll see.

olevetonahill
9/14/2010, 08:40 AM
Ive always said I want to move to where the Temp is a constant 70ish year round , Now Ima add to that and say where da Weed be legal :D

yermom
9/14/2010, 08:42 AM
ever been to Southern California Vet?

Crucifax Autumn
9/14/2010, 08:49 AM
He'll be moving to San Diego after November.

olevetonahill
9/14/2010, 08:50 AM
ever been to Southern California Vet?

Oh I forgot to mention I dint want to be around Any Fruits and Nuts :eek:

pilobolus
9/14/2010, 08:56 AM
All dope should be legal and addiction is a medical issue, not a criminal one.

MR2-Sooner86
9/14/2010, 09:35 AM
The Marijuana Tax Act was passed through fear and racial bigotry.
The war on drugs is a failure.
The Mexican drug cartels get 60% of their money from marijuana.
Tobacco and nicotine are more harmful than marijuana.

I could go on as I have before but I'll keep it short and sweet.

Legalize the stuff because keeping it legal is just asinine.

GrapevineSooner
9/14/2010, 09:37 AM

Dunno.

That's an interesting question that, I'm sure, our legal eagles will have an answer for.

badger
9/14/2010, 10:48 AM
Something to get people running south instead of people running north

Tulsa_Fireman
9/14/2010, 11:26 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XZi0UOK96Ug/TEUN1Q8wKhI/AAAAAAAABKM/SuQX3M6l1OI/s1600/reefer_madness.jpg

bluedogok
9/14/2010, 09:46 PM

Wal-Mart will fire you for it in the Medical Marijuana state of Michigan. The State of California upheld a firing because of it.

ABC News - Walmart Fires Cancer Patient with Prescription for Medical Marijuana (http://abcnews.go.com/Business/michgan-man-fired-walmart-medical-marijuana/story?id=10122193)

Reuters - Medical marijuana users can be fired: Calif. court (http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN2427218820080124)

GKeeper316
9/14/2010, 11:33 PM
Wal-Mart will fire you for it in the Medical Marijuana state of Michigan. The State of California upheld a firing because of it.

ABC News - Walmart Fires Cancer Patient with Prescription for Medical Marijuana (http://abcnews.go.com/Business/michgan-man-fired-walmart-medical-marijuana/story?id=10122193)

Reuters - Medical marijuana users can be fired: Calif. court (http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN2427218820080124)

wow thats some bull**** right there. id fight that all the way to the supreme court if it was me... how can they legitamately fire a cancer patient with a prescription???

thats like firing a guy with a broken ankle for testing positive for pain-killers imo.

SoonerBorn68
9/14/2010, 11:55 PM
The perscription is an illegal drug that's how.

An employer can fire you for spitting on the sidewalk too.

SicEmBaylor
9/15/2010, 12:17 AM
An employer should be able to fire you for any damned reason he wants.

Having said all that, I endorse ending the drug war and de-criminalizing pot.

Crucifax Autumn
9/15/2010, 12:43 AM
They kicked a guy here out of his apartment for smoking his legal medical MJ. And yeah, the poor guy is dying of cancer.

SteelCitySooner
9/15/2010, 01:14 AM
The military don't give a damn **** if you smoked in a legal country or not.. Same as employers.. If they don't want you doing it, they'll fire you if you test positive...

Don't get me wrong though. I think it oughta be legal..

Crucifax Autumn
9/15/2010, 01:48 AM
The military is a completely different animal though.

Of course, the real question is this: Did they fire all those guys in Nam?

AlbqSooner
9/15/2010, 06:29 AM
You have a first amendment right to stand on a public street corner and tell the world that your boss is a bumbling dooshrocket who cheats his customers as well as the tax man. That is legal for you to do.

I strongly suspect that exercising that right would get you fired.

CobraKai
9/15/2010, 01:16 PM
You have a first amendment right to stand on a public street corner and tell the world that your boss is a bumbling dooshrocket who cheats his customers as well as the tax man. That is legal for you to do.

I strongly suspect that exercising that right would get you fired.

Exactly. Employment is a privilege, not a right. An atheist pastor could be fired for his religious views, despite having the freedom of his religious beliefs.

TMcGee86
9/15/2010, 04:13 PM
The Marijuana Tax Act was passed through fear and racial bigotry.
The war on drugs is a failure.
The Mexican drug cartels get 60% of their money from marijuana.
Tobacco and nicotine are less harmful than marijuana.

I could go on as I have before but I'll keep it short and sweet.

Legalize the stuff because keeping it legal is just asinine.

Don't you mean "more"?

sooner59
9/15/2010, 05:07 PM
Yeah, I bet he meant it the other way.

MR2-Sooner86
9/15/2010, 05:31 PM
Don't you mean "more"?

Yeah thanks for catching that.

goingoneight
9/15/2010, 09:38 PM
I wonder if this will persuade Jose Illegal to go back home now?

yermom
9/15/2010, 10:57 PM
sounds like there might be some more jobs down there now ;)

i can only imagine what the border towns would be like

SanJoaquinSooner
9/16/2010, 12:48 AM
Happy El Grito de la Independencia, by the way.

http://images.clipartof.com/small/32302-Clipart-Illustration-Of-An-Eagle-On-A-Cactus-With-A-Serpent-On-A-Green-White-And-Red-Mexican-Flag-In-The-Shape-Of-A-Heart.jpg