PDA

View Full Version : re: Heisman; Vince: “I definitely want it, I definitely want it,”

47straight
9/13/2010, 07:33 PM
Vince says he wants the Heisman (http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2010/09/13/vince_says_he_w.html?srcTrk=RTR_729919)

But really, I post this not to mock Vince, but to point out something. I recall someone saying something about this. What was it?

VY already said he wouldn't take it. Time to move on.

We dont want it.

Throw it in the Hudson.

Mack simply answered a direct question he was asked. He said "he would like to see VY get it". I don't have a problem with a coach standing up for his players and I wouldn't have a problem if Stoops had answered in the same way if he were in Mack's place. Not a big deal if you ask me.

Squirm and spin. Squirm and spin.

yermom
9/13/2010, 07:37 PM
Vince was the runner-up. you know, like if Miss America can't fulfill her duties for some reason, the runner up gets it.

Vince was jobbed anyway. he was the best football player that year.

there's not a million what-ifs or anything. he was 2nd in the voting. if the Heisman Trust wants to give it to Uncle Rico, i have no problems with that

it's not like he's out campaigning for it. they asked him about it.

yankee
9/13/2010, 07:41 PM
Vince was the runner-up. you know, like if Miss America can't fulfill her duties for some reason, the runner up gets it.

there's not a million what-ifs or anything. he was 2nd in the voting. if the Heisman Trust wants to give it to Uncle Rico, i have no problems with that

as it says in 47's post, he's not trying to say vince doesn't deserve it or that he's trying to mock vince. he was pointing out the irony in the whorn fans' previous posts. which are quoted.

olevetonahill
9/13/2010, 07:44 PM
If they give it to him , whos gonna help him fill out his voting ballots when the time comes to vote for the Next winner ?:eek:

olevetonahill
9/13/2010, 07:45 PM
Oh and in MY POST im definitely Mocking VY and all the whorns :D

yermom
9/13/2010, 07:48 PM
as it says in 47's post, he's not trying to say vince doesn't deserve it or that he's trying to mock vince. he was pointing out the irony in the whorn fans' previous posts. which are quoted.

bah. when don't wh0rn fans post something embarrassing? ;)

unbiasedtruth
9/13/2010, 07:53 PM
need to find the linky from last week.... saw the headline and didnt read the story.... headline was something to the effect that Radio and his Mom said they do not want the Heisman Trophy......

Shakadoodoo
9/13/2010, 08:04 PM
Do you remember the look in his eyes when he did not get it that year - He was crushed - And he did deserve it - VY always wanted it - The fans are just talking nonsense. There was no "we don't want it" VY did that by himself - now I know the team played a part - but VY could have did that at many schools with the same talent - he was just good.

OU-HSV
9/13/2010, 08:09 PM
Wait wait wait. This is contrary to what I was reading recently when Vince was asked about the situation. I know I read a story that talked about what he would do if he his phone was to ring about this....and he said he wouldn't even answer the phone. We need to dig that article up

Peach Fuzz
9/13/2010, 08:11 PM
This whole situation is ****ed... VY probably does deserve it, no problem from me with that except the fact the whorns are going to add a heisman banner and trophy and act like they had it all along. just like the *

OU-HSV
9/13/2010, 08:20 PM
need to find the linky from last week.... saw the headline and didnt read the story.... headline was something to the effect that Radio and his Mom said they do not want the Heisman Trophy......

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/texas/stories/091010dnspoyoungheisman.da6786c7.html

Unlike mom, Vince Young doesn't want to talk about possible vacant Heisman Trophy
11:06 PM CDT on Thursday, September 9, 2010
SportsDayDFW.com
Reggie Bush declined to go into any detail Wednesday on what he knows about the status of his 2005 Heisman Trophy.

"At this point, it's kind of out of my hands," Bush said Wednesday after practice with the New Orleans Saints.

Bush said he could not "confirm or deny" whether he has met with anyone from the Heisman Trophy Trust and deferred comment to the trust when asked about a Yahoo! report that said he could be stripped of the award by the end of the month.

"If I'm not mistaken, I believe the Heisman Trust people released a statement saying whatever was (reported) yesterday was inaccurate, so that's where we're at," he said.

Titans quarterback Vince Young , the ex-Texas Longhorns star, finished second in the Heisman balloting in 2005 before beating Bush's Trojans in the BCS national championship game. He refused to get drawn into any discussion about the Heisman potentially being available.

"I really don't kind of know what's going on, just kind of heard a little bit about it," Young said. "But no comment. Really no comment about it right now."

When asked if he would accept the Heisman if offered to him:

"No comment right now, no comment," Young repeated.

Young's mother said recently the family isn't interested in the Heisman. On Tuesday, trust executive director Robert Whalen told The Associated Press that there has been no decision on the status of Bush's Heisman.

The NCAA found major violations in USC's football program and levied serious sanctions against the school in June, including the loss of scholarships and a two-year bowl ban. The Trojans have dissociated themselves from Bush, who was accused of accepting money and other benefits from sports agents.

Losing the Heisman could further tarnish Bush's legacy, although Bush noted, "On the field, play speaks for itself."

"That's for the fans to kind of make their minds up about," he added.

The NFL's 2010 regular season kicks off on Thursday night when the Saints host the Minnesota Vikings.

With the rematch of last season's NFC championship game looming, Bush said he hasn't even thought about whether he'd actually return the trophy if officially stripped of the award.

"Here we are the day before the biggest game of the new season and that's where my focus is," Bush said. "It's a big game. We're playing the Minnesota Vikings. It's going to be crazy. So that's where my focus is now. I've said all that I want to say and everything else has to play itself out. ... It's an unfortunate situation for everybody, including the kids at USC."

Bush said he has not spoken to anyone at Southern Cal "for a while." He said he remains friends with Trojans coach Lane Kiffin and talks with him on occasion, but added that he hasn't "spoken to anybody regarding this specific stuff."

Saints coach Sean Payton appeared annoyed that the report came out two days before his club's first regular season game, although he said he was not concerned it would affect Bush's play.

"He has done a great job of dealing with that," Payton said. "Certainly from a timing standpoint, you get disappointed. It's just a report. But his focus and his maturity level has been fantastic. He has had a great training camp.

"He's smart enough to understand the challenges this team we're playing presents, let alone trying to answer any of his critics. I think he's getting ready to play well and have a good season."

Soonermagik
9/13/2010, 08:23 PM
I actually think Reggie was deserving of the trophy. He was one of the most electric backs I've ever seen. Young was a great college QB too.

To try and lobby for his trophy is weak sauce. Vince had his chance to convince voters and he didn't do it.

yermom
9/13/2010, 08:23 PM
does she feed him chicken while she talks for him?

OU-HSV
9/13/2010, 08:29 PM
does she feed him chicken while she talks for him?

I know, right...kind of reminds me of how :mack: answered questions for Chrissy Simms back in the day

TXBOOMER
9/13/2010, 08:44 PM
VY more than likely made more money while at texass the Reggie did at SUC. Who got third in the Heisman vote? Give it to them.

olevetonahill
9/13/2010, 08:50 PM
Much like the MNC , Leave it Vacant , If anyone takes it be it VY or anyone else they are doosh's

JLEW1818
9/13/2010, 09:03 PM
if thinking 2005 Heisman.

Erase the 2005-06 National Title game from memory, since it is not a factor.

Consider that Reggie Bush won basically the biggest Heisman blowout in Heisman modern day history.

I don't care if the guy cheated. He did what he did on the field. Regardless if he was a pimp or paid athlete, he was the best player in college football through December of 2005.

Reggie Bush 784 first place points

Vince Young 79 first place points.

fadada1
9/13/2010, 09:03 PM
VY didn't deserve it then, and doesn't deserve it now. lying, cheating, or stealing, bush was the best player in the country. that being said, take the stinkin' over-hyped thing away from him and leave it vacant for the year. vince is also a moron.

85sooners
9/13/2010, 09:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDhdnxvRFFE&feature=related

47straight
9/13/2010, 09:18 PM
I just can't tell who's right... Mack, Vince a week ago, Vince now, Herr, Lid... none of them seem to agree.

yankee
9/13/2010, 09:28 PM
Consider that Reggie Bush won basically the biggest Heisman blowout in Heisman modern day history.

troy smith the next year won it by a bigger overall margin. much bigger.

but i agree with the rest of your post...it's not like this was like the '08 or '09 heisman where it was real close.

JLEW1818
9/13/2010, 09:52 PM
troy smith the next year won it by a bigger overall margin. much bigger.

but i agree with the rest of your post...it's not like this was like the '08 or '09 heisman where it was real close.

true, but Reggie Bush had more first place points.

Bush: 2,541
Smith: 2,540

Shakadoodoo
9/13/2010, 10:30 PM
Who cares about points. I mean after the fact. True indeed - before the national championship game Reggie may should have won it because of those points. But since we have hind sight now, VY carried that team to a national championship - the whole year - and won games damn near on his own. Who does not deserve a trophy for that? Who else did that, that year? They should either give it to VY or they should give it to no one.

JLEW1818
9/13/2010, 11:00 PM
obviously give it to nobody.

and obviously give the 2004 national title to nobody.

So why is Vince deserving? please don't think National Title b/c it does not matter.

Do you realize how weak the big 12 was in 2005?

his win @ Ohio State was very impressive.

besides Texas, only 3 other teams in the big 12 had 8 or more wins in the 2005 season...

The Texas defense ranked 10th in the Nation that year, after the National Title game.

just plain logic.... anybody who thinks they should just "hand" the trophy to somebody else.... come on???

Think through December 2005, that's all that matters.

Reggie Bush has the record for first place points. surely the entire nation could not be entirely wrong? I mean, I know they were on Obama... but yah.

sooner59
9/13/2010, 11:06 PM
Take Bush's Heisman and give it to Boise so they will finally be able to feel like they accomplished something. :D

Collier11
9/13/2010, 11:06 PM
Vacating is the correct answer, everyone knows what happened on the field in the NC game, no one else deserves the trophy.

Everyone knows what happened on the field and it was a landslide vote, why should someone else get the Heisman?

JLEW1818
9/13/2010, 11:13 PM
Vacating is the correct answer, everyone knows what happened on the field in the NC game, no one else deserves the trophy.

Everyone knows what happened on the field and it was a landslide vote, why should someone else get the Heisman?

correct

correct

i don't see how any human could even see it the other way.

hey guys let's go ahead and give the 2004 Heisman to Adrian Peterson... i mean right?? Matt Leinart would not have won it with out Reggie Bush right?

yermom
9/13/2010, 11:20 PM
i'm fine with AD getting it :D

the difference is that if Reggie Bush didn't exist, Radio wins. there's not some other game that would need to be played or anything. that's how i see it...

vacating 2004 makes sense for that reason, but it doesn't really matter because they can still claim the AP that year

JLEW1818
9/13/2010, 11:21 PM
Radio :D

GKeeper316
9/13/2010, 11:21 PM
Much like the MNC , Leave it Vacant , If anyone takes it be it VY or anyone else they are doosh's

i disagree just because of the precedent it would set...

there has to be a trophy winner every year. if the guy that wins is later determined to have been playing in violation of the rules, what case could possibly be made to just not award it?

i wish it was anyone but a uglybrowncow as the runner up, but i also think VY was the better player that year.

i say give it to him, and it'll send a message to the rest of the college football world... break the rules and we'll strip away all your awards.

JLEW1818
9/13/2010, 11:26 PM
i disagree just because of the precedent it would set...

there has to be a trophy winner every year. if the guy that wins is later determined to have been playing in violation of the rules, what case could possibly be made to just not award it?

i wish it was anyone but a uglybrowncow as the runner up, but i also think VY was the better player that year.

i say give it to him, and it'll send a message to the rest of the college football world... break the rules and we'll strip away all your awards.

okay,

So Vince finished second to Bush, in a blow out.

OU lost to the national champion USC, who was disqualified in a blow out.

so should Vince be the 2005 Heisman, and Oklahoma be the 2004 National champ?

Should texas earn 2 championships for 2005 since they beat cheater ? :D

ouwasp
9/13/2010, 11:26 PM
Vacate for this reason: A century from now somebody will be perusing the list of Heisman winners... What's the deal with 2004?...Ohhh...

USC/Bush's shame will live forever. That and I don't really care to see :texan: glorified in any way.

Collier11
9/13/2010, 11:28 PM
Exactly wasp, if they just give it to someone else who didnt earn it, people will forget what happened and that isnt a punishment. With it vacated, Reggie has the rest of his life to be embarrassed by that

JLEW1818
9/13/2010, 11:30 PM
I'm perfectly fine with Bush living in shame.

I'm perfectly fine with horns saying for eternity, "if"

GKeeper316
9/13/2010, 11:33 PM
if the NC goes to any team, it should go to auburn.

lets be honest... they were better than us that year.

Collier11
9/13/2010, 11:34 PM

Why, cus they played a bunch of juco teams in the non conference? Sorry, they werent even in the title game

goingoneight
9/13/2010, 11:35 PM
Reggie's not the only one to lose a Heisman this month. :mad:

:D

sooner59
9/13/2010, 11:36 PM
Auburn: "Look at my BCS championship trophy!!"

The world: "When did you play for a BCS title?"

Auburn: "Never..."

JLEW1818
9/13/2010, 11:37 PM
lol giving the Title to teams that don't play in the BCS Title game ..... lol

2003 USC
2004 Auburn

Collier11
9/13/2010, 11:40 PM
USC went from 1.5 championships to just a half

JLEW1818
9/13/2010, 11:42 PM
i still give them the 2004 title, and the 2004, 2005 heisman.

that will always be my opinion

Shakadoodoo
9/13/2010, 11:49 PM
i still give them the 2004 title, and the 2004, 2005 heisman.

that will always be my opinion

That dude is obsessed with Reggie Bush.

I think the big 12 in a whole was tougher in a whole than the pac 10 as a whole that year - But I don't have stats - I just choose to believe that - Funk the Pac 10!

JLEW1818
9/13/2010, 11:58 PM
I'm obsessed with Reggie Bush b/c his mom stayed in a paid house? I guess that motivated him to play better for USC? ha

I understand he cheated

but anybody who honestly thinks the 2004 Title should just be handed to Auburn should be shot in the face.

yah screw the pac 10 right?? sorry that i would rather see usc win the next 100 titles and 100 heisman before the gay *** horns win anything.

fact

Mark_in_Tulsa
9/14/2010, 12:32 AM
I'm obsessed with Reggie Bush b/c his mom stayed in a paid house? I guess that motivated him to play better for USC? ha

I understand he cheated

but anybody who honestly thinks the 2004 Title should just be handed to Auburn should be shot in the face.

yah screw the pac 10 right?? sorry that i would rather see usc win the next 100 titles and 100 heisman before the gay *** horns win anything.

fact

No need for oxymoron's.

Shakadoodoo
9/14/2010, 12:32 AM

I understand he cheated

fact

I dislike Ugly Texans just as much as you - but as an athlete - I give credit where credit is due. If they give the trophy to anyone else - they should give it to VY. I am not saying they should give it to someone or leave it vacant -

I am down for our region before I jump all the way to the coast - I claim my own - where I have been all my life - our region - I hear West cost chumps and SEC chumps always talk about how the best athletes come from their region - and how sorry our region is - I will refrain from ridding their #### and stick to being down with my own school, state, region and conference.

Leroy Lizard
9/14/2010, 02:03 AM
If they give it to him , whos gonna help him fill out his voting ballots when the time comes to vote for the Next winner ?:eek:

Cut him some slack. It's not like he's Dexter Manley.

Oh, who's kidding who? He is Dexter Manley.

TexasLidig8r
9/14/2010, 08:53 AM
Vince says he wants the Heisman (http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2010/09/13/vince_says_he_w.html?srcTrk=RTR_729919)

But really, I post this not to mock Vince, but to point out something. I recall someone saying something about this. What was it?

Squirm and spin. Squirm and spin.

No.. there is no squirming and spinning.

The vast majority of alums I have spoken with and when the subject has come up have said, "screw it, the results on the field proved who deserved the Hypesman." Again, the Hypesman goes to the person who had the most recent very good game right before the conclusion of the voting.

Again, the vast majority of alums I have spoken with are of the opinion that it should be left vacant.

If you're going to try to use a statement of mine, at least use it in a context that makes sense.

Oh and finally.. if you hate UT and Austin so much.... then move the hell away from it and put that UT degree you have to better use elsewhere.

Crucifax Autumn
9/14/2010, 08:55 AM
A shame you all now think your hero is a whiny fag.

Crucifax Autumn
9/14/2010, 08:56 AM
Cut him some slack. It's not like he's Dexter Manley.

Oh, who's kidding who? He is Dexter Manley.

Manley is way smarter.

C&CDean
9/14/2010, 09:20 AM
Who really gives a **** what Vinny thinks/says? He's a ****ing tard and a ****ing whorn.

sooneron
9/14/2010, 09:31 AM

Proof? Just b/c the wheels didn't fall off for them in their bowl game? A game against a good, but not great, VT team with NO offense?

BillyBall
9/14/2010, 09:36 AM

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

sooneron
9/14/2010, 09:57 AM
http://www.boldfox.eu/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/picture-4.png

badger
9/14/2010, 10:36 AM
NP and I were joking about what they would do with Reggie's trophy if they demanded that they return it. I mean, they already have the SC's copy so... hehe...

The 2010 Heisman Trophy Winner is.... Demarco Murray!

Demarco: Yay! Wait a sec... why is my name scribbled in magic marker over Reggie Bush's?

Stoops: We just got SC's 2004 Heisman, but we will not accept SC's 2004 crystal ball.

Joe C: The Heisman Trust is filled with cheap bastards, apparently.

Boren: Raise tuition!

:rolleyes:

CrimsonJim
9/14/2010, 11:55 AM
A shame you all now think your hero is a whiny fag.

Think?

Bourbon St Sooner
9/14/2010, 12:15 PM
I think Mack wants it for his trophy case. I don't think VY honestly gives a ****. It's not like you get to replay that moment on the podium.

OhU1
9/14/2010, 12:43 PM
If you give Vince the Heisman because it's vacated then by the same logic are we 2004 National Champions?

Nah. Who would want it? Texas on the other hand is the home of the *, recruiting national championships, and demanding of special treatment.

Soonermagik
9/14/2010, 01:05 PM
No.. there is no squirming and spinning.

The vast majority of alums I have spoken with and when the subject has come up have said, "screw it, the results on the field proved who deserved the Hypesman." Again, the Hypesman goes to the person who had the most recent very good game right before the conclusion of the voting.

Again, the vast majority of alums I have spoken with are of the opinion that it should be left vacant.

If you're going to try to use a statement of mine, at least use it in a context that makes sense.

Oh and finally.. if you hate UT and Austin so much.... then move the hell away from it and put that UT degree you have to better use elsewhere.

That's a rude thing to say. :P

fwsooner22
9/14/2010, 01:18 PM
Somebody got caught with their ** pants down and ended up with their ** panties in a wad.

XingTheRubicon
9/14/2010, 01:20 PM
Who really gives a **** what Vinny thinks/says? He's a ****ing tard and a ****ing whorn.

redundant

Pigface1
9/14/2010, 01:20 PM
Heisman Club: Vince, count to ten and you can have it.

Vince: Damn.

yankee
9/14/2010, 01:29 PM
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

irony?

i did a quick search, the last time i used it was on may 9, 2010. does that fall under "keep using"?

Jacie
9/14/2010, 01:36 PM
Someone referenced the line from just before a new Miss America is crowned but I don't think applies to the Heisman.

Miss America serves for a year, being presented as Miss America in an official capacity. The runner-up is the back-up only for that year. After that, there is a new Miss America to serve.

Heisman trophy winners get a 100 lb. bronze statue and don't get paid by the Downtown Athletic Club to travel the country, speak to groups and represent anyone or anything.

XingTheRubicon
9/14/2010, 02:56 PM
irony?

i did a quick search, the last time i used it was on may 9, 2010. does that fall under "keep using"?

wow, you're wrong twice in the same post

impressive

Homework:

1. look up the word discrepancy

2. watch The Princess Bride

agoo758
9/14/2010, 03:31 PM

Vince young for Miss America!:rolleyes:

goingoneight
9/14/2010, 03:46 PM
I find it funny how people are up in arms about Reggie's eligibility, but nobody ever questions that slobbering thug's academic eligibility... or I should say literacy when a whorish coed isn't doing his homework for him. He finished second. BTW, the best player that year was on the sidelines nursing a sore ankle, and his time in the NFL has proven it. If Vince only earned one thing that year, it was the MNC trophy along with his teammates. I don't get why people care about it, really. I mean, I understand USC fans are pizzed at the thought of losing that piece of hardware, but OJ Simpson is one of their proud alumni. And they're equally proud of him STILL in Hell-A.

Mississippi Sooner
9/14/2010, 03:56 PM
Heisman Club: Vince, count to ten and you can have it.

Vince: Damn.

+1

badger
9/14/2010, 03:57 PM
Did anyone mention that Bush is giving it back yet?

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=231&articleid=20100914_231_0_METAIR377440)

Wonder if it was voluntary... has to be, right?

turner78
9/15/2010, 02:34 AM
Uncle Rico? 1982...RIGHT ON!

sooner59
9/15/2010, 03:16 AM
I realize that VY was amazing that year, but it was not a ten vote decision. Get over it. It is gonna be vacant.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/15/2010, 11:03 AM
I think they should give it to me

XingTheRubicon
9/15/2010, 01:10 PM
Obama could put it next to his nobel trophy

<ducks>

yermom
9/15/2010, 06:10 PM
Uncle Rico? 1982...RIGHT ON!

http://flashwarner.com/images/youngrico.gif