PDA

View Full Version : Which ACC loss suprised you the most?

oupride
9/13/2010, 05:53 PM
Prior to the latest poll, these ACC teams ranked in the the preseason poll as follows:
10 Virginia Tech
13 Miami (FL)
16 Georgia Tech
20 Florida State

Although I expected Florida State to lose, I was surprised by the others. Which ACC loss surprised you the most?

Oldnslo
9/13/2010, 05:58 PM
VT was a jaw-dropper. They usually don't fade into nothingness until much later in the season!

BoulderSooner79
9/13/2010, 06:02 PM
None of them? :)

I have to go with GT. The report of Turner Gill's death have been greatly exaggerated. Maybe the NDST loss was due to the Kansas AD - they won as soon as he "retired".

VT was certainly a surprise to me, but there is some merit of letting a team beat you twice because you dwell on it. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they do well in conference play.

Breadburner
9/13/2010, 06:24 PM
VT......

Jacie
9/13/2010, 06:37 PM
Toss-up atwixt the two Techs.

Losing to an FCS school means Frank Beamer = Rich Rod

but

Losing to the Hapless Jayhawks means the talking heads were wrong about GT and KU

ouwasp
9/13/2010, 07:32 PM
Well, it seems I remember not all that long ago JMU beating VT; one of the few losses for VT that yr. I consider VT to be one of those perpetually over-rated teams.

KU beating GT surprised me the most.

yermom
9/13/2010, 07:41 PM
Toss-up atwixt the two Techs.

Losing to an FCS school means Frank Beamer = Rich Rod

but

Losing to the Hapless Jayhawks means the talking heads were wrong about GT and KU

if you are talking Appalachian State, that was Lloyd Carr's death knell, Rich Rod took over at the end of the season

it's gotta be James Madison, but man, KU might as well have been a 1-AA team before Saturday :D

ouleaf
9/14/2010, 08:46 AM
Va Tech for sure.....James Madison??? At home in Blacksburg??? Really?

Crucifax Autumn
9/14/2010, 08:47 AM
Real answer: not really surprised by any of them.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/14/2010, 09:23 AM
the crime is one of those schools will get an automatic BCS bid

rawlingsHOH
9/14/2010, 09:30 AM
Prior to the latest poll, these ACC teams ranked in the the preseason poll as follows:
10 Virginia Tech
13 Miami (FL)
16 Georgia Tech
20 Florida State

Although I expected Florida State to lose, I was surprised by the others. Which ACC loss surprised you the most?

Miami and FSU were fairly significant underdogs, so I can't see how either could be a surprise. Perhaps the fashion FSU lost.

But VA Tech for sure, losing to a 1-AA at home. Easy.

sooneron
9/14/2010, 09:32 AM
VT. period.

TahoeSOONER
9/14/2010, 10:18 AM
I'm suprised that it took Boise a last minute drive to beat a team James Madison handled.

BoulderSooner79
9/14/2010, 10:29 AM
First games are weird and that may have been the worse game BSU plays (look at OU,UT,UF,USC,etc) or the best that VT will play. We'll know by mid-season. I think we can say conclusively that there will be no ACC rep in the BCS title game this season (as if that's news).

Okie35
9/14/2010, 11:02 AM
Real answer: not really surprised by any of them.

Yea the way this season has been going, its not surprising. If I had to go w/ one it would be VT @ home. The KU win was not a shocker GT is easy to beat w/ an inept QB(Nesbitt) that can't throw to save his life.

badger
9/14/2010, 11:25 AM
The off the cuff ESPN line of the year goes to...

"James Madison's greatest achievement since the Federalist Papers!"

I was half-asleep after getting back from Norman late Saturday, but that comment made NP and I laugh out loud:D

Spritekid
9/14/2010, 11:26 AM
I definitely have to go to VT.

Boomer.....
9/14/2010, 11:34 AM
Without a doubt VT. You do not lose to a FCS school at home.