PDA

View Full Version : Air Force Weeks 1 & 2 Highlights

jharkins
9/13/2010, 12:44 PM
Thought I would do some scouting for next week and found a couple of good videos from the last two weeks. They have some good athletes.

Week 1 vs NW State (http://www.goairforcefalcons.com/allaccess/?media=192245)

Week 2 vs BYU (http://www.goairforcefalcons.com/allaccess/?media=194490)

I am really looking forward to going to the game. It is really cool to play an opponent that you respect so much for what they do off the field. Sure I want to beat them, but I hope they get nothing but cheers when they run on the field. There better be no jackasses booing....

OK2U
9/13/2010, 12:56 PM
This will be a fun one

yankee
9/13/2010, 12:58 PM
Sure I want to beat them, but I hope they get nothing but cheers when they run on the field. There better be no jackasses booing....

Rusty was saying that on the REF about an hour ago, and i completely agree. we're a solid fanbase, and if we applauded utah state as they left the field, i have faith that we'll cheer on air force as they come on the field.

soonerborn30
9/13/2010, 02:03 PM
Not a chance in hell. Because they'll make the stupid announcement reminding us to be good sports, and as always, some people will feel the need to thumb their noses at "the man" and boo anyway, no matter how inappropriate.

I bet if they'd just stop making it a point of emphasis on the announcements that it would die down significantly. They're basically just reminding people to be jackasses.

NormanPride
9/13/2010, 02:07 PM
Holy crap! That Demon QB did a cartwheel in the air and then scored! That's is about the most amazing thing I have ever seen in football!

KantoSooner
9/13/2010, 02:37 PM
Air Force looks crisp. We have the mobility to track down the line; hope our guys don't get confused by the different look.

Blues1
9/13/2010, 09:33 PM
After watching the AF videos - They scare The Hell out of me -- All those tricky reverse plays and the long ball down the middle - This is a Bowl bound team for sure...!!!
I said 44 Ou to AF 22 -- Now I wonder...?

Amen...!

MR2-Sooner86
9/13/2010, 10:09 PM
I'm a little worried but I'm not too scared.

True, mobil quarterbacks have killed us before but we've usually done well against the run.

When was the last time an option offense beat us? Nebraska '01?

Pricetag
9/13/2010, 10:19 PM
Looking at those videos, never let Air Force get in a fourth-and-two or three. It's a long touchdown, guaranteed.

soonerborn30
9/13/2010, 11:31 PM
I can't help but think that they're one bad option pitch away from the Owen Field Snowball Effect taking hold and losing by about 21.

sendbaht
9/14/2010, 07:08 AM
Thanks for the highlights....

I'm happy we did not have to play AF on Sept 11th....just would not feel right beating the crap Out of them. But that was last week and this is going to be Sept 18th..... GO SOONER!!!!!

AF guys look small, are they?

gaylordfan1
9/14/2010, 08:53 AM
Well, this is a game that Coach V is saying "Listen, stick to your assignments and we will be fine". I'm happy that we have two veteran DE to know to stay at home for their end around and option plays. Beal, Alexander and R. Lewis can run with the best of them. If we play a sound defensive game we should be able to keep them in check. I do think they will have one maybe a couple of big plays.... but I feel they won't be able to keep up with our offense. Their defensive line seems to be on the smaller side, averaging about 245 lbs. I am by no means over looking this team. They have a very confusing offense. But, it looks like another run oriented offense for us. Murray should have a big day.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/14/2010, 08:55 AM
If we go out in that no-huddle super hurry-up we are unstoppable. Unstoppable.

SoonerPr8r
9/14/2010, 09:09 AM
There were a lot of fumbles in that second video. Other than that their end-around play looks deadly

Dan Thompson
9/14/2010, 09:32 AM
I watched the game on replay on Monday and came away with these observations.

409 yards rushing
68 yards passing

They run the sweep/option most of the time. They do run up the middle, but BYU was able to stop that most of the time.

Passing game seemed to be deep, I don't remember any crossing patters.

If Wort stays in position for a two count and then comes up the middle, he should get some sacks.

Murry should have a good game with the run, 100+ easy.
Our passing game should shine again.

AF had 10 penalties for 125 years.

The score will be whatever Bob want's it to be.

AF will get maybe 17.

sooneron
9/14/2010, 09:38 AM
Lots of missed tackles in that first video. My biggest concern is our team's over pursuit. COunter trays and misdirection seem to be OUr D's biggest bugaboo.

Okie35
9/14/2010, 10:22 AM
I watched the game on replay on Monday and came away with these observations.

409 yards rushing
68 yards passing

They run the sweep/option most of the time. They do run up the middle, but BYU was able to stop that most of the time.

Passing game seemed to be deep, I don't remember any crossing patters.

If Wort stays in position for a two count and then comes up the middle, he should get some sacks.

Murry should have a good game with the run, 100+ easy.
Our passing game should shine again.

AF had 10 penalties for 125 years.

The score will be whatever Bob want's it to be.

AF will get maybe 17.

Hahahahaha.

Okie35
9/14/2010, 10:23 AM
Lots of missed tackles in that first video. My biggest concern is our team's over pursuit. COunter trays and misdirection seem to be OUr D's biggest bugaboo.

Depends. When we play the whorns we usually handle misdirections well.

LesNessman
9/14/2010, 10:31 AM

I'm happy we did not have to play AF on Sept 11th....just would not feel right beating the crap Out of them. But that was last week and this is going to be Sept 18th..... GO SOONER!!!!!

They look small to me too. Could be good for them (Q factor) or bad for them (getting smashed).

None of them looked like Q, though.

Dan Thompson
9/14/2010, 11:35 AM
Both our Defensive line and Offense line are taller, bigger and some cases faster.

I think their QB will have trouble passing over the middle because of our height, so more rollouts.

OK2U
9/14/2010, 11:41 AM
As long as out speedy defenders don't over-pursue, we'll be fine.
Unfortunately, Venables' defense has a history over the last 4 years of doing just that.

MojoRisen
9/14/2010, 11:48 AM
Wort better come to play... I guess it is all about Gap Integrity

We need to be disruptive on the DLine...

OK2U
9/14/2010, 11:54 AM
http://devanshmittal.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/mind_the_gap-logo.jpg

Soonermagik
9/14/2010, 05:02 PM
Being that they just beat BYU helps motivate this OU team, which is bad for Air Force.

I imagine we will see a lot of nickel and some 34 defense. Load the box and take away the option plays. Force them to score by throwing over the top. The main thing is to shut down the corners of the field, so they can't break the game wide open.

bent rider
9/14/2010, 05:21 PM

I could have this wrong, but I think that all the Academy guys have to do some flight training, so everyone has to fit in the cockpit seat which puts some limitations, at least on height, maybe even on weight.

I don't think its an issue as much for the football team, maybe more for basketball -- probably not going to see a 7-footer on their team and they play a Princeton style offense in hoops.

They have also stuck to the "triple-option" (or a modern flavor of it) in football for similar reasons.

turner78
9/15/2010, 02:29 AM
Does that option offense remind you of anything?

stoops the eternal pimp
9/15/2010, 11:04 AM
That BYU offense misses max hall