PDA

View Full Version : Texas plays 3 road games this year

rawlingsHOH
9/13/2010, 12:38 PM
Never heard of such a thing. Though I suppose the 2 "neutrals" justify it?

NormanPride
9/13/2010, 12:44 PM
One is Rice, though, and there were more Horns there than Owls by about 80:1. Doesn't seem fair...

jumperstop
9/13/2010, 12:55 PM
Yeah I guess they are going off the OSU model. I think the Pokes had 8 home games either last year or the year before that. Even though I was real suprised last year that Texas was away at Wyoming. They must have wanted to pretend for a little bit that they schedule 'difficult' games.

KantoSooner
9/13/2010, 01:46 PM
UT simply has no pride in their scheduling.
That said, 'the system' seems not to care or to penalize weak scheduling. At least not the degree I'd like to see.

Salt City Sooner
9/13/2010, 06:46 PM
Their schedules suck now, but they are stepping up, to their credit. Off the top of my head, they've got USC, Notre Dame, BYU, & Cal coming up.

HolaKyle
9/14/2010, 01:41 AM
UT simply has no pride in their scheduling.
That said, 'the system' seems not to care or to penalize weak scheduling. At least not the degree I'd like to see.

I don't think that is true. That is why we won the Big 12 south a couple of years ago over them and Texas Tech (remember the 3-way tie?) Even though they were ranked ahead of us (which was B.S... don't get me started...) the computers had them lower, in a large part due to strength of schedule.